[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saint-Denis raid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
441 KB, 1920x1080
So apparently this raid went on for 7 hours and they went through 5000 rounds of ammunition and explosives.

Can someone explain to me why the fuck it took that long and that much ammo and ordinance to fight less than 10 people and to only kill one or two?
>>
>I've never been in a gunfight, the thread
>>
Police spent all their money on cool shit instead of training... Durkas spent all their time rolling around the desert shooting with a stick...
>>
>>27921103
I haven't, have you?
>>
>>27921144

Yes.
>>
>>27921170
Explain to me how it takes this long then. This makes no sense to me.

It wasn't even 10 people. They were in a puny apartment building, with explosives and large caliber rounds pretty sure you'd shred through it.
>>
>>27921085

It is very hard to dislodge an in-place enemy, especially when you cant level their cover around them. (you cant call in CAS on an apartment building with dozens of other tenants inside.

Given time and preparations it become VERY difficult to dislodge them. With carefully placed choke points, a height advantage (fighting down while the police must fight their way up), superior firepower, and explosives, I am actually shocked a lot of cops didnt get killed.

Its reasons like this that capturing a cave in Astan could take days/weeks.
>>
>>27921192
This.

/thread
>>
>>27921188

>What is a measured response

It's Paris, not Peshwar. Police neither have the equipment, nor the inclination to drop a building on someone just because they're putting up resistance.
>>
>>27921192
And are you consistently firing rounds while this goes on? I mean the time I guess is more understandable than the sheer amount of ammo, is it mostly just used as a suppression and morale thing?
>>
>>27921203
I'm not saying drop a building but if you knew that a terrorist was behind a wall for instance it's just an apartment building. I would have thought all those rounds they put in the building would have had a lot of penetration and effect.
>>
>>27921188

All of the other tenants were still inside the building meaning you cant gas the building, you cant just spray at walls, you have to be careful of impact grenades... Its much more like moving up 1 or 2 stairs every time someone reloads.

There is something called the Fatal Funnel. Depending on what floor the terrorists were one, it could have taken police 1-4 hours just to get up to their floor
>>
>>27921216
Did you see the building? How the fuck didn't any innocents get hurt or killed?
>>
>>27921085
Considering that there were around 110 cops involved, that comes out to 45 or 46 rounds per cop. What is that, 1 or 2 mag changes, depending on gun?

How many rounds were fired to take down the Boston bombers?
>>
>>27921206

In combat situations you dont shoot at people. You shoot at things and areas. You use fire with movement and fire from movement tactics. You use suppressing fire and bounding movements

So yes, someone is pretty much shooting or moving at all times. To stay still is death
>>
>>27921216
>>27921192

This and this.

People who have never been there first hand have zero idea how fucking hard it is to displace hostile forces during MOUT like stuff. Urban areas are a crap shoot to begin with, having individuals with even minimal preparation and short notice of the assault is a fucking terrible thing. Four guys can and will hold a company's worth of mechanized infantry at bay for several hours, and that's taking the easy route of dropping the building on them. If you have collateral damage concerns and can't bypass it for whatever reason, your only option is an assault which has historically see the highest casualty rates in the last 70 years of warfare.

tl;dr diggin even unprepared amateurs out of a building is a pain in the ass
>>
>>27921226

Luck. The same thing that saved those cops from being cut to pieces. Automatic AKs over 10,000 rounds of ammo, dozens of hand grenades, suicide vests... On paper the first group of cops should have been slaughtered, and then the battle to get their bodies back starts.

There is an interview of the woman who lived directly below them and she said a police officer sat with her for hours keeping her calm, but also making sure she stayed on the ground and protected.
>>
>>27921277
Wow. Really appreciate these responses guys I'm learning a lot.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.