[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have to start a militia in your area for cheap. for ease
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
You have to start a militia in your area for cheap. for ease of training, your militia needs to have matching gear. which pistol/rifle combo do you equip with?

things to consider:
these are blue collar citizens, who cannot afford 1500+ guns AND ammo.
the will be defending themselves against local police, then national guard, then military
time is limited, you probably only have a day or two to train them on shooting and maintenance. some of these people have never shot a gun.

pic:
Model: Squires Bingham M-16
Caliber: .22 LR
Capacity: 6
>>
>>27914725

WASR-10's and S&W M&P's all around.

Problemo solved.
>>
>>27914725
.38 Snubs
Cheap SKS.

The .38 is just there in case you need a back up, and .38 and 7.62x39 is absurdly cheap if you buy bulk.
>>
>>27914725
>hur dur my muhlisha
>fight for the people
training antigun libs in a day or 2 is unrealistic.
>>
With the way the AR market is, do some shopping and pick up a case of 10 for under 5 grand.
>>
moist nuggets
>>
>>27914725
Ar-15 obviously, getting numbers of anything else together would be rough. Dumb question. Go try to find 100 of anything else locally.
>>
>>27916687
Oh, didn't finish the question. Fuck standardizing on pistols, everyone gets an AR. Issuing a pistol to everyone just makes sure some dumbass shoots themselves\ their buddy. If they have a handgat they can bring it along I guess.
>>
Rifle: Moist Nuggets
Pistol: Hi-points

You can't get any cheaper
>>
>>27914725
>Day or two

Unfeasible. Takes a lot more practice than that.

That said, rifle would be some basic bitch AR. M&P Sport or AR556, or something similar. Any remaining money would be spent on a chest rig, magazines, and ammunition. Anything above that is on the individual.
>>
I'd probably go old school WW1 doctrine. Arm up the vast majority of militiamen with dirt cheap bolt actions or possibly semi-auto rifles, all weapons chambered in .30-06 or a similar cartridge. Ideally, I'd be able to get a bulk order of about a hundred for somewhere in the ballpark of $300-350 per unit, maybe less. Bolt action would prevent people from losing their head in combat and blowing through their entire supply of ammo too quickly, cutting costs back, though semi-auto would be much better in a longer, closer battle that the element of surprise quickly faded from. I could see equipping the average militiaman for $400 to 500, enough for a rifle, a few boxes of ammo, and maybe some camouflage and basic optics.

Some militia would get something heavier, possibly a SAW or a light machine gun. I'm assuming that I have time to procure this equipment in advance (Because there's no way I can equip a militia in two days by driving around to gun stores and buying what they've got, much less get matching weapons), so I'd keep a few registered around to a business to be given to militiamen who can keep their head in the game. It'd perhaps be 1 MG per 10 militiamen, and ammo would be a significant concern as we're on a budget here. While I might could find legit .30 cal MGs somewhere, I think it might be best if we simply modify a low fire rate full auto rifle for better cooling and accepting an ammo belt instead of a box. This fulfills the need for suppressing fire. Only the men who exercise the coolest heads under pressure carry these. I would say these units would cost about $800-1000 after modifications, and ammunition would run exceptionally high (Possibly requiring thousands of dollars of bullets to ensure there are no supply constraints throughout a heated engagement.)
>>
File: Kermit-Eyes.jpg (94 KB, 790x1580) Image search: [Google]
Kermit-Eyes.jpg
94 KB, 790x1580
>>27914725
If they didnt bring their own weapons, and come trained, then im not sticking it out with them.
Fight the police?
Then the national guard?
Then the full military?

Youve got some weird fantasies there son.
>>
>>27914725
>these are blue collar citizens, who cannot afford 1500+ guns AND ammo.

If they can't afford this, why the fuck would I want them? What kind of stupid question/scenario is this?
>>
>>27918884
To truly create an effective force, we would need a way to dislodge targets from cover and defeat said targets before they can regroup, receive reinforcements/aid, and generally turn our assault if we intend to go on the offensive. Mortars are cheap for the unit, but procuring one is sort of out of the question -- it's not hard to get/make a tube, but there's no good way to ensure a large supply of shells. In addition, learning to use a mortar accurately isn't the easiest thing ever for the average citizen. Other artillery is even more expensive, cumbersome, and unweildy. The best solution I can think of is equipping the militia with grenade type IEDs as the price per unit is very low and almost no training is needed to throw explosives at a target. The range of the explosive leaves a lot to be desired, but short of procuring actual grenades and launchers, it's the most efficient tool for the task.

Vehicles will eventually become a threat, so an effective counter needs to be developed to them. Civilian and light military vehicles can be effectively combated with an anti-materiel rifle, and AMRs are not super difficult to procure, although they are expensive. With AMRs interspersed within units however, no civilian police vehicle or humvee would remain safe from militia fire, which slows down any response that can be brought as IFVs or heavier would be required. RPGs are also a possibility, the price per unit isn't terrible, but their availablity makes them currently infeasible.
>>
>>27919182
Overall, this gives me a cheaply equipped force backed up by better equipped support that can engage in skirmishes, perticipate in light defense of static targets, assault minor fortifications and dug in places, and take down many rapid response vehicles that would allow the enemy to overrun and reposition themselves much faster. I would organize the groups into 20 man platoons with six fireteams in each platoon (Four groups of three men each, two groups of four men). The organizational structure would be:

T1: Light Infantry - 3x Riflemen
T2: Light Infantry - 3x Riflemen
T3: MG/Support - 2x Riflemen, 1x MG, Ammo Supply
T4: MG/Support - 2x Riflemen, 1x MG, Ammo Supply
T5: Anti-Armor - 3x Riflemen, 1x AMR
T6: Demolitions/Artillery - 4x Riflemen, Explosives for entire unit

Total Cost of Platoon: About $10-12k for equipment, another $3-4k for ammo. Roughly $750 per militiaman.

As for additional equipment if I were to invest more, I would suggest procuring modern helmets for everyone, equipping all light infantry squads with explosives/grenades, equipping the artillery unit with gas grenades launched from tubes for range and area denial, and maybe adding a second AMR. If I still had more to spend, I would equip the militia with armor capable of stopping intermediate cartridges and include medical training and supplies for one soldier in each light infantry unit to reduce casualties. Further funding would allow us to motorize our infantrymen, granting them high mobility between battlegrounds allowing for rapid reinforcement of besieged areas and assaults on weaker positions within enemy lines. Assault equipment such as breaching gear and short barreled rifles would also be a good investment, but requires far more training for the militia to execute such tactics.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.