[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ from a realistic standpoint exactly how much money would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: mgs5-mother-base-jpg.jpg (202 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mgs5-mother-base-jpg.jpg
202 KB, 1280x720
/k/ from a realistic standpoint exactly how much money would the Diamond Dogs need to be able to fund their own Private Military as well as their Mother Base in the game? Tried asking this in /v/ but was met with epic memes.
In phantom pain they with one tiny oil rig in the middle of the ocean and small staff of talented mercenaries. They would need millions if not billions to keep this place up and running right?
>>
Billions upon billions upon billions. A single blackhawk helicopter costs 21 million dollars. The maintenance cost is easily another million every year.
>>
File: You feel it too (2).gif (1 MB, 394x750) Image search: [Google]
You feel it too (2).gif
1 MB, 394x750
>>27912157
They'd pay for it with foreign contracts
>>
>>27912157
Deepwater rigs cost between $600 million and $650 million, the least exspensive ones still run around $200 million.
Given that that looks like multiple platforms connected, its going to be more than $200 million.
Fuck knows what the rest costs.
>>
>>27912181
i think it's implied that almost all of diamond dogs' equipment is stolen.
>>
>>27912181
>>27912193
Besides doing contracts, where else would they be getting money from??? They got so big that even the US government started getting concerned about their presence in Afghanistan.
>>
>>27912199

They had the platform gifted to them by the KGB. They didn't build it themselves.
>>
>>27912157
>have your own rig
>not pumping oil

come on faggot
>>
>>27912207
Selling stolen Dushkas to the Muj?
>>
>>27912205
That's even sillier, stealing from the kind of people/organisations that have Blackhawks is just going to rapidly cool you to room temperature.
>>
>>27912232
Big Boss literally steals mortars,submachine guns, and even vehicles and sends them all back to Mother Base in the game. He even kidnaps talented soldiers from other armies and "persuades" them to join Diamond Dogs.
>>
>>27912157

A large, operational rig costs about 1 million dollars a day. Several of them? Well...

But that's the charter cost. Maintenance cost would be lower. If you aren't running most of the equipment (basically just generators, some pumps, hot water) the costs would be lower.

You could probably buy old ones going for scrap, but you'd still need to move them to where you'd need them, so that requires an anchor handling vessel, at between 20,000 to 40,000 dollars a day.

The cheapest rigs would be a submersible one that just sits on the sea floor, but that requires shallow waters.

It's possible, but a base under a jungle canopy would probably be a better option. Virtually undetectable and cheaper to run.
>>
>>27912300
>It's possible, but a base under a jungle canopy would probably be a better option. Virtually undetectable and cheaper to run.

I feel like running military operations would make you detectable pretty fast, and I'm sure which ever nation you were operating out of would not be cool with you being there and potentially pissing off the rest of the world.
>>
>>27912300
>>27912397
wouldn't just buy a small island in the pacific or some desert from some african idictator be easier and cheaper. Like said you will get detected either way so just bunker up with guns and nobody would feel like taking the offencive
>>
>>27912487
but muh big shell reference
again

Fuck, why couldn't we have built Outer Heaven in South Africa, like it always was?
>>
>>27912487
>>27912509
I vote they should have dug in that big fucking rock in Australia and made their base there, I read that thing goes like over 70 meters underground
>>
>>27912157
HALF of the PHILOSOPHERS' LEGACY
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.