[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Basic training.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: LY1402281261.jpg (68 KB, 448x310) Image search: [Google]
LY1402281261.jpg
68 KB, 448x310
Hey /k/

I'm starting basic with the Royal Marines (Europoor) in 6 days. Any tips from ex-bootnecks/ soldiers to make life a little easier and avoid beastings? Pretty confident in my phys if they do come up though.

Also, I have to hand wash all kit. Any tips on what detergent to use so my hands don't get fucked up?
>>
>>27908528
>what detergent to use so my hands don't get fucked up

You just get your nails did, sister?
>>
>>27908616
Yeah, they're gorgeous. the nasty PTIs won't make me cut them off will they?

On a level though, I quite like my callouses and imagine they'll make rope climbs, pull ups, assault course etc. easier.
>>
Fill your canteens right to the top and scar your name in to eveything.
>>
>>27908528
Learn to sew, learn to iron properly and learn how to properly polish boots, there are youtube videos to help with all this.
>>
>>27908528
Learn how to take care of your feet. In my experience, brtibongs usually are never taught that, and it really shows during long marches.

Other than that, dont be a smartass, and do what you're told. Never pussy out because you think something is too hard, because if it was too hard, your officers wouldnt make you go through it.
>>
>>27908528
Tip 1: don't refer to CTCRM as basic. Unless of course wou want to spend the next three hours running round the bottom field (which is probably under 6" of water this time of year) until your legs fall off of course, in which case fill your boots. The DS get really excited about that one.

Tip 2: You're going to get two weeks leave at christmas. Every single day you're at home, including jesus' birthday, do your PT. The PTI's will be running a sweepstake on who can break the most blokes the first day back after leave (no, seriously), so if you've spent the whole time eating turkey and watching moonraker you're going to have a rather unpleasant experience.

Tip 3: Don't be first/the best at anything, and don't be the last/worst either. If you did 3 miles PBE yesterday and came in first, but on todays 3 mile PBE you came in second, in the DS's eyes that means you didn't put as much effort in today, which means you're getting beasted. Not being last should be self explanatory - familiarize yourself with the phrases "last 10 go again" and "it pays to be a winner".

Tip 4: You know nothing about anything - even if you do. The DS love to teach you to do things the Marines way, but what they hate is to have to make you unlearn "your" way first. They'll teach you literally everything from arse wiping and how to wash your cock to how to operate your weapon system to make the enemy more dead and how to first aid your mate to make him less dead. It really doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, the important thing is that you do it *exactly* the way they teach you. PHrases like "at sst johns ambulance we../at cadets we.. /at home we.." are not part of your vocabulary - again, unless you want to be running round the bottom field under the supervision of a PTI who thinks the only reason objects can't move faster than the speed of light is because they're not trying hard enough.
>>
Don't volunteer for anything,EVER
>>
>>27908528
Don't get wound up easily. It's a game, play it.
>>
>Winter Royal Marine course start

Fuuuuuuuuuucking good luck m8
>>
Use the dobey bitch, it makes life way easier.
Don't waste your money at EX4 strip club its shit.
Other than that enjoy wet and dry and good luck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.