[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
had a box had some shit put shit in the box and started adding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
File: box 001.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
box 001.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
had a box
had some shit
put shit in the box and started adding slowly

this is what i keep in my truck as a mini bug out

its by no means complete but this is what i roll with at the moment

(more pics coming)
>>
File: box 002.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
box 002.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
what it looks like packed
>>
File: box 003.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
box 003.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
space blanket, pack of smokes, small neck knife and slingshot. steel shot for slingshot is in handle. if i had to guess there's 20 bearings in there.
>>
File: box 004.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
box 004.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
20rds each

don't know what gun i might be carrying when/if i gotta use the box but i've got extra ammo for it if there's a problem
>>
File: box 005.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
box 005.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
small multi tool
small first aid kit
pork and beans (food, future cup and if need be lid is a cutting tool)
couple of shitty lighters in a bag
>>
File: box 006.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
box 006.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
walther p22 (short barrel) and a few hundred rounds of .22lr
>>
Holy shit you are such a retard. Just look at your choice of tools, food, weapons, caliber. Even your storage is sub par.
>>
File: box 007.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
box 007.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
extra shit:

fire starter
tinder
jack cuz why not
can't go wrong with sharpies
cheapo military can opener

and a hair tie and hearing aid battery because my deaf gf saw me putting this together and she's like "i'd be going with you too, right?"
which is cool i guess
>>
>>27905595
>empty criticism
go shitpost somewhere else
>>
File: box 008.jpg (3 MB, 4320x3240) Image search: [Google]
box 008.jpg
3 MB, 4320x3240
cat probably won't be coming with
>>
>>27905623
Need more food and water or water filter. Good start but add first aid and anything to help out your lady with her lady needs
>>
Everything you picked is stupid. Im going to shower then come back and yell at you.
>>
>>27905595
>holy shit you triggered my autism

That's you. Could OP's survival box be improved? Sure. Is it better than yours? Most definitely.

OP get a Lifestraw or two as well. And a Water bottle like a Nalgene.
>>
>>27905639
i'd get rid of that gerber dime. I've had 2 of those fuckers and both broke on me. Also throw some shit paper and wet wipes in there for road side emergencies. You can never go wrong with some soft as fuck toilet paper.

also it makes good tinder i guess
>>
>>27905660
I think this would be a more constructive thread with less nigger faggots if you just didn't come back
>>
>>27905639
More pics of cat?
>>
>>27905668
i carry a "full" swiss army knife and a full size gerber multi too and a kershaw folder on me every day.

on top of that i have a full tool box in my truck.
that dime is literally last resort
>>
>>27905708
Try out leatherman. Much better than gerber imo
>>
>>27905639
ditch the slingshot and acquire a suppressor
>pork and beans
leave it in favor of datrex bars. the only thing the pork and beans gives you is a container with which to boil water or cook
>smokes
replace this with a cheap pipe and a baggie of pipe tobacco
>wetfire
goes bad after a while, instead soak cotton balls in melted vasoline and put them in jeweler's baggies (drug dealer baggies).
>mini Jack Dagnals
might as well make it a pint, you'll be gone for a while and could use the morale boost, hell, get the plastic bottle fifth of Jim Beam for $14
>p38, gerber, meme tier knife
get a quality multitool like a Leatherman Surge
>hearing aid batteries
sorry, anon, but you aren't going to make it if you need those to survive
>stuff that is missing
a few tampons, seriously, can be used for fire tinder or for helping your lady survival buddy out
>>
>>27905738

>ditch the sling shot for a suppressor
Yes let's wait 6 months and spend another 500 dollars, or just you know use a sling shot

>hearing aid batteries
>durr u won't survive

Wow, it's almost like OP's box isn't in fact going to be lived out of for the rest of his life you fucking moron. They aren't even for him.

>bring a pipe because my fedora dictates it is classier

>bring a 5th of Jim beam
Ok let's add more weight for more shit we don't actually need and won't fit in the box

Don't listen to this retard OP.
>>
>>27905738
can't have suppressor in IL

pork and beans is can for cup is exactly why i
have pork and beans

i like my marlboros

ever used the wetfire but i'll look into it

i could probably fit a pint in there

i already carry a multitool, swiss army knife and kershaw blackout every day plus i have a full tool box in the truck

hearing aid battery is for the gf. they last a week or so. she just tossed it in there when i was putting the box together

major thing that is missing as far as i'm concerned is paracord
>>
>>27905489
>Radioshit scanner.

Uniden master race
>>
>>27905802
Seriously bro get first aid in there.
>>
>>27905688
Cant stop me faggot.
>>27905529
>space blanket
Good
>micro knife
Useless, replace with fixed blade such as Glock 78 knife
>Smokes
Good if you plan to barter, you shouldnt be smoking if SHTF
>slingshot
Useless
>>27905540
>this whole clusterfuck of ammo
Jesus christ just carry one fucking gun
>>27905566
>bic lighters
Not terrible
>pork and beans
Replace with some survival rations, you cant reseal pork and beans so you get 1 meal out of it. Also 120 calories is fucking tard tier.
>Coleman kit
Atleast you didnt pack it yourself
>Gerber dime
Attach a piece of orange or yellow paracord to it so you can spot it in the dark when you drop it. Futhermore, use this for your EDC and put the leatherman in your kit
>>27905585
>That rusty p22
mfw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9rmHPmnnKw
Add another mag, possibly the best part of your kit.
>>27905623
>wet fire
Good
>P38
Good
>4 sharpies
One sharpie I could understand but 4? Are you planning to work on some art?
>Jack
Replace with something like a small plastic flask of vodka.
>hearing aid battery
Yeah thats a good one, I would seal it
>>27905639
>that shovel
How do you plan to carry it?
>That fuck old radioshack setup
Jesus christ why? It will be heavy and have shit battery life.

>this whole gay box thing
You going to prance around with a fucking lunchbox? get some sort of backpack or shoulder bag, you dont live on a fucking boat.
>>
>>27905857
blah blah blah
blah blah blah

this isn't a bugout bag, its just a box i keep in my truck

could it be better? yes. am i expecting for it to sustain me for any period of time other than maybe a day or 2? no.

it has basic shit and i had extra room for ammo. depending on the weather i may carry one of 3 different guns so there's ammo for them in there.

i'm kinda drunk so i may have missed some other things but you're not entirely wrong
>>
>>27905934
> am i expecting for it to sustain me for any period of time other than maybe a day or 2? no.
Then why pack a P22?
>it has basic shit and i had extra room for ammo. depending on the weather i may carry one of 3 different guns so there's ammo for them in there.
So you are 1/3 as good as you should be. Nice.
>>
>>27905934
FIRST FUCKING AID you drunk monkey.
>>
>>27905991
see
>>27905566
>>
>>27906004
That's cute. Some bandaids and kisses from your lady are going to help that open wound gushing blood. Get a lot of gause and wraps and maybe some quick clot. Also Benadryl and maybe pain relievers. A good set of nurses shears and some saline wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>27906040
again, its a fucking box that i keep in my truck.

i ain't looking to bug out with it. just got it if i need it.

my deaf gf's brother has a full suit of level one body armor. kid looks like he's gonna disarm a bomb with that shit.
his BOB runs about 90lbs if i had to guess but he's a felon and can't own a firearm.

i've never asked what's in his bag
>>
>>27906076
What about car wrecks? That's why I'm preaching this shit. I used half my gause trying to slow the flow of blood coming from this lady's arm until the ems arrived. Seriously think about more than buggout or any of that fantasy shit think about real world possible scenarios that happen daily
>>
>>27906101
i'm an asshole desu.
i watched a kid get hit by a train once. turned my car around and delivered the pizza i was supposed to deliver while i was waiting for said train.
i get what you're saying and i said in the OP its not complete
>>
>>27906118
does to be honest translate to desu?
desu
>>
>>27906118
Good for you. Don't know why you're even here or posting if you're gonna be like that. Alright have a good night. Adios
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I'm posting these pics from my mobile and will go into further detail from desktop. My 24/7/365 trunk kit:
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
The hunting kit that borrows some items that would otherwise be in the trunk kit:
>>
>>27906223
>worrying about your breath or shaving when shit hits the fan.
>>
>>27906223
from left to right:
2 liters of water in nalgene bottles
2 isobutane gas cylinders for Primus stove
GSI outdoors backpacking cookpot/bowl/cup combo with cans of tuna and chicken and condiments, energy drink and coffee mixes, and eat'n'tool
more tuna, ramen, tea, coffee, peanuts, etc
personal kit:
>pack towel
>antiseptic wipes
>shaving kit
>toothbrush and toothpaste, mouthwash, flossers
>soap

Utility items:
>hand warmers
>glow sticks
>basic first aid kit with antibiotic ointment and 4 30mg oxycodone painkiller tablets
>swiss army knife
>box of .380 ACP
>magazine of 300 Blackout 110gr Barnes TAC-TX
>Swedish fire steel
>magnesium fire starter
>more antiseptic wipes
>ibuprofen tablets
>sunscreen stick

Maxpedition Jumbo EDC pack for carrying most of this shit if I have to leave my vehicle
blanket

Some items are not pictured due to being borrowed by the hunting kit since it is deer season at the moment
>>27906233
this is my 24/7/365 trunk kit... I like having spare hygiene items for any contingency

spare clothing:
>knit cap
>wool socks
>2x pair of underwear
>wool scarf
>>
>>27905540
ditch the ammo, you already have a gun and ammo

>>27905566

ditch the "survival kit" its a gimmick

use the space saved from tossing the survival kit and ammo and get a real multitool, preferably a leatherman wave, surge, or supertool

change the can of beans to datrex survival bars or something similar, or freeze dried packages, contrary to popular belief, canned food does not hold up well to temperature swings

the neck knife is retarded and useless, get a 3+ fixed blade knife, preferably high carbon so you can make some sparks with a ferro rod, look into an ESEE

>>27905529
loose the cigarettes, they're just going to get stale and you shouldnt be smoking them in the first place

>>27905639
>>27905623

you dont need sharpies for any reason unless you like huffing ink, you dont need a tiny thing of useless alcohol

you need waterproof matches and a ferro rod and some paracord.

also, take the fucking batteries out of the scanner because they'll leak all over the inside and ruin it

and why do you not have any water?
>>
>>27906229
the hunting kit box:
>Form 1 SBR - 300 Blackout and SilencerCo Omega suppressor with 1 20 and 1 10 round magazine of Barnes TAC-TX 110gr ammunition
>Grundig G6 shortwave/AM/FM radio
>Streamlight polytac flashlight
>Black Diamond headlamp
>not pictured: Garmin Montana 650 GPS unit
>12x AA lithium batteries
>4 CR123 batteries
>4 lithium AAA batteries
>USB charging cable
>glowstick

>clif mojo snack bars, energy drink mix, trail mix

>leather gloves
>Israeli bandage
>insect repellent
>skinning knife
>Leatherman Surge with extension and bits

Altoids survival tin:
>box cutter blade
>match striker
>4 storm matches
>benadryl tablets
>ibuprofen tables
>550 cordage
>band aids and alcohol swabs
>bic lighter
>vaseline soaked cotton balls

>toilet paper and nitrile cloves
>hunting license and NFA papers

not pictured but always in the trunk is a 24 pack of .5 liter bottles of water
the leatherman, headlamp, flashlight, gloves, altoids kit, GPS, radio, and batteries are always in the trunk

also, daily carry piece is a Ruger LCP
>>
>>27905824
its all made by the same 3 companies, faggot
>>
>>27906229
WHATS IN THE LITTLE BAGGIES?
>>
>>27906327
i just jammed 9 shitty kashi granola bars in my box. good call.
>>
>>27906349
>whats in the little baggies
ibuprofen, benadryl, and dental floss

the oxycodone is in the other kit
>>
>>27906415
just added a zip lock bag with about 50 aleve in it.

always adding small shit to the box
>>
Nice box OP

>all these /k/ids implying they wouldn't try to steal your smokes and booze and other shit

Let's see your mobile BOBs if you hate OPs so much
>>
>>27906415
i've got a few hundred muscle relaxers too but they're not prescribed to me and a CCL plus that in the truck isn't a good stop.
>>
>>27906604
the oxycodone in my kit is legit and I have the bottle for them. I own NFA. I'm sure as fuck not going to risk anything over some painkillers
>>
>>27906632
i'm IL, can't own NFA
but yeah, my buddy is a pill head. gets all kinds of shit prescribed to him. he gives me excess stuff and its under lock and key in my place. i won't roll with it.
>>
>>27906662
>IL can't own NFA
you can make SBRs now
>>
>>27906681
in cook county?
how bout SBS?
that's what i want
>>
>>27906695
>cook county
>owning any guns
>living there
why, OP? GTFO that liberal shithole. Fuck, move to Gary, Indiana and commute.
>>
>>27906735
moving soon but i've been here my whole life
and no fuck you i'm not going to gary
>>
File: WP_20151002_11_02_45_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3552x2000) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151002_11_02_45_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3552x2000
>>27905489
We SHTF now?
This is my bug in bag designed for earthquakes and getting myself to a location 4 miles away. I have freedom but nobody knows about it, and the new 4chan owner has been datamining, so it's not in picture. Total is about 30 pounds excluding freedom and propane accessories. Looking for tips. I live in a metropolis and will die faster if i try to bug out and away from my water and food.

>INB4 tacticool knives
Yea, i know. It's in case i run out of dank memes when the Mexicans inevitably start looting.
Hunt/defense/processing

400 dry strike matches
--30 water proof
Gas lighter
Duct Tape
Filet Knife
Multi tool
Flint/magnesium rod
Slingshot, aprox. 40 marbles/steel
18” Tacticool knife
8” CC Trench knife
Water Strainer

Clothing, containers, accessories
9 band radio receiver
knee compression socks
Cotton gloves
Leather, hacker gloves
Undies
Cotton blanket/cape
Leather belt
2 pair ¾ socks
80 liters of tarp bag
Stainless steel cooking pot

Food
400 calories of salmon
Preserved peanut butter
2 liters water
--half perishable

Logistics
Notepad
compass
protractor
watch

Medical
Post op antibiotics, only a couple thousand mg.
--oxy
--penecilin
Guaz
Swab sticks
Surgical scissors
Alcohol swabs
asprin
bandaids
burn cream
topical antibiotics
latex gloves
fish hooks and needles for suturing
Laxative
calcium tabs

Hygiene
Toothbrush/paste
Sanitizer
Bleach wipes
floss
face sunscreen
>>
>>27906852
Found the Californian
>earthquakes
>illegally obtained gun

I don't blame you for having an off the registry piece, anon. I would have at least one "illegal" gun if I were in CA.
>>
>>27906906
thanks for saying the NSA trigger word you faggot. The feds have already raided me once and now it's going to happen again. 3 days ago my father said he was being ghosted by an undercover. Fuck, why stop now. Bomb nuke taliban allahu ackbar nigger faggot ISIS airport uranium
>RIP in pieces
>>
>>27906852
>platypus bladder

dope, now just buy a dirty water bladder and an in-line water filter and you're good to go
>>
op here.
added 9 granola bars, a bag with about 50 aleve pills in it and and entire double roll of cottonelle in a ziplock bag to the box

with some shuffling there's room for more
>>
>>27906223
>>27906233
shit hits the fan like a sharp dressed man.
>>
>>27906852
>antibiotics
what kind? do you know when and which ones to use? are you or anyone in your party allergic to penicillin?

Azithromycin is a great broad spectrum antibiotic to have in your bug out pack. It can be taken by people allergic to penicillin and can treat stuff from sinus infections to the clap to strep throat to skin infections.

Aquabiotics period net has good shit for preppers. I've taken it. It is the exact same shit you'd get from Walgreens.
>>
>>27905489
>>27905504
>>27905529
>>27905540
>>27905585
The biggest mistake I see people make when they have bug out boxes/bags is they put in too much ammo. You don't need that much ammo and personally I wouldnt take a gun with me at all. All I need is a knife and necessities.
>>
>>27909237
The antibiotics are name brand for after surgery, i can;t remember their name because all the pills re in one bottle. I took them for a week after getting back surgery.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1024x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1024x760
>>27909870
Nigga you gettin robbed
>>
>>27910400
Nah.
Id be somewhere in the mountains while all the city folk will be killing each other.
>>
>>27910600
Why no firearm in your kit? Europoor?
>>
Should have known 'd wake up and see this here after seeing it on Imgur last night
>>
>>27906076
>deaf gf
how loud does she get and how long did it take you to stop laughing?
>>
>>27911664
Hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>27911558
I have a gun in my home, but im not gonna fill my bugout kit to the brim with ammo. Taking one firearm with you and some ammo is fine, but you don't need a lot. The key is to get out of doge before shit gets too hot, and you dont need to be lugging around all that ammo. Its just gonna get stolen from you any way by some war boys.
>>
>>27912124
Packing light is fine. You said earlier you wouldn't take a gun, just knives.
>>
>>27912171
Fine for you to take a gun(but not a lot of ammo), but not me. I wouldnt need it
>>
>>27912225
Literally taking a knife to a gun fight.
>>
Friendly reminder if you use a vehicle to bug out you're going to die on the freeway after the traffic jam officially ends your bug out.
>>
>>27905566
I'm telling you from personal experience of like nearly 20 years those lighters are such pieces of shit there is no reason to use those over a zippo I only ever use those because they pop up and the flint can be cannibalized for a zippo and the flame can be turned up kinda high depending if you care about it melting. if you hold it sideways when you light those and the metal part heats up at all the plastic side on those will melt very fast even if you don't turn up the flame. bic disposables are so much better than those in nearly every way aside from adjusting the flame size but works and lasts so much better I wouldn't even consider those.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.