[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna buy some starer reloading shit for black friday. Can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1447259808431.jpg (58 KB, 373x700) Image search: [Google]
1447259808431.jpg
58 KB, 373x700
Gonna buy some starer reloading shit for black friday.

Can someone tell me the difference in that aspect between .460 rowland and .460s&w?

Would this book do it?

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/613661/loadbooks-usa-460-500-s-and-w-reloading-manual#reviewHead
>>
>>27905445
>Can someone tell me the difference in that aspect between .460 rowland and .460s&w?
Somehow I don't think reloading is something you'll be good at.
>>
Well, anon, does your gun say .460 rowland or .460 S&W on the side?
>>
>>27905472
Im looking for the info.

I need the manuals.
>>
>>27905503
Im just makeing sure i dont buy the wrong book.

I checked case length, on wikipedia, and its within .002" of each other.

Just though someone could maybe drop some knowledge.
>>
>>27905537
>its within .002" of each other.
Do you mean bullet diameter?
Because one is designed to fit in a 1911 magazine and the other is a rimmed revolver cartridge.
>>
>>27905445
>buying caliber-specific no-name rip-off book
>not buying a decent manual like Lyman or Speer with thousands of loads
>not looking up free load data on the Hodgdon website for ultimate poorfagging

And no, .460 S&W XVR is a bear round for revolvers, it's not anything like .460 Rowland.
>>
>>27905633
Thanks.
>>
>>27905649
Im gonna check that shit out. Sounds super useful.
>>
>>27905445
I could never enjoy that song anymore. Fucking youtuber kids.
>>
>>27905951
I hate it too, its a meme, hence the meme.

I checked out hogdon, they want me to use expensive shit. Like hornady fmj for 45 acp, and hornady xtp rounds for .460 rowland.

Is it just advised or is it impossible for me to safely fire cheap shit at high pressure?
>>
>>27906058
Also, the primers... call me dumb, i am, but why not use the same brand cheap primer instead of both Winchester and federal premium?

So long as they are both large primers, should do it right?

I know i could blow my self up doing it wrong, but shit, im only doing it to save money.
>>
>>27906079
And i get that charging powder-smokeless gun powder- is not all made equal, but wont unique work?

For .45 acp range rounds?

Ill buy premo shit for the .460, its going to be defensive ammo, and ill test fire some rounds at the range, but i dont plan on having more than 500 rounds of .460 so thats a non issue, just to cover that base.
>>
>>27906058
If the weight is the same, it doesn't make any difference safety-wise.

>>27906079
You could get away with it, as long as you start on the low end and then work your way up to pressures your gun can safely handle. Different primers have different burn characteristics.

>>27906104
There's load data from Unique, just not on Hodgdon's website.
http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/Powder.aspx?powderid=3

If you want cheap .460 a decent starting point is .45 ACP max loads, and then work your way up from there.

The loading manual isn't the end-all final word, you use them as "safe" starting guidelines for building your own recipe with velocity/the amount of recoil you like while watching carefully for pressure danger signs usually explained at the beginning of the manual.
>>
>>27906377
Thank you. I genuinely apreciate this information.
>>
>>27906377
I click enter the guide and it just refreshed the page.

Im gonna save the url and work with it to give me what i want.

Thank you, anon, i appreciate this.
>>
File: let the bodies hit the FLOOR.gif (2 MB, 182x244) Image search: [Google]
let the bodies hit the FLOOR.gif
2 MB, 182x244
>>27905445
>>27905509
Considering your question I really don't think I should be providing this to you.
http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/
http://www.ramshot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/WP_LoadSpec_1-23-14.pdf
>>
>>27906459
Funny gif.

I dont plan on blowing myself up, but i have to start somewhere.

I know im working on a high pressure round, ill proceed with caution. Thanks for the pdf.

If the black helicopters land, ill be there, haha. When the refugees riot, ill be there, lol. When the crackhead breaks into my house, HOPEFULLY, ill be there.

Ill take this information and learn from it.
Thanks.
>>
File: 1446863232834.jpg (26 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1446863232834.jpg
26 KB, 640x512
>>27906459
Holy shit, just opened that pdf!
THE KNOWLEDGE.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.