[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are knife laws in your state/country? http://www.knifeu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11
File: Duluth Wanderer.jpg (644 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Duluth Wanderer.jpg
644 KB, 1000x667
How are knife laws in your state/country?

http://www.knifeup.com/knife-laws/

>It is legal to own any type of knife in North Dakota. North Dakota has no laws making it a crime to own any kind of knife.
>>
Can't conceal weapons
Can't carry switchblades or spring assisted knives

thats it really, however each city might have there own by laws about it.

Also even though you can legally carry a 12 inch bowie knife, unless you are innawoods and hunting / camping and just walking through the city you will attract attention from other people and cops.

SW Ontario
>>
>>27903213

Nevada just legalized auto/switchblades this year, so laws here are pretty legit now. Not sure about fixed blade carry, but any folding knife is now legal to possess in public, no blade length bullshit or anything.
>>
>Indiana
All knives are completely legal and unregulated. This includes switchblades. I conceal carry a 3.5 inch automatic OTF every day. The only things that are banned are "Chinese throwing stars", but that's weaboo shit anyways.
>>
File: IMAG0141.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0141.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>27903213
All of Canada (unless theres stupid bylaws somewhere)
Can't own butterfly,balisong, gravity, otf, switchblades (spring assist are legal so long as they're not push button) and cane swords shorter than a certain length.

Can own and open carry anything else no set length in the criminal code but can still be busted by dumb city cops for carrying a "Weapon" even though you have to show intent for it to be a weapon.
>>
>>27903213
sauce on bag
>>
California:
No butterfly knives or spring loaded knives. Spring assisted OK,
folding knives over a certain length are legal to own but can be confiscated with very little justification.
No double sided knives.

County and city laws are more of a pain in the ass.
Santa Clara requires a legal adult to be within arms reach of a minor shooting at a range. Further away from the coast minors can shoot legally without supervision.
>>
Texas

You're forced to carry only useful knives. And weeaboos are apparently prohibited from carrying throwing stars or katanas in public.

Stupid laws, but they don't really effect anyone unless you just really want to carry a fancy stiletto or "gravity knife".
>>
kansas
god tier gun and knife laws
anything fucking goes bitches
>>
tn
assisted open allowed
no restrictions on length, oc or cc.
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>27903213
It's not different if you take a walk south a state, Dakota bro
>>
>>27903449
filename
>>
File: Duluth-Wanderer-Backpack.jpg (44 KB, 570x301) Image search: [Google]
Duluth-Wanderer-Backpack.jpg
44 KB, 570x301
>>27903449
It's in the filename. Duluth Wanderer.
>>
>>27903553
>>27903561
thanks couldnt see on mobile
>>
In Tennessee you can't own a switchblade, and you can't carry a blade longer than four inches, but those laws are pretty much completely unenforced.
>>
>>27903213
Utah, anything goes open carry or concealed as long as you're not crazy and/or criminal scum so the knife laws here are god tier, as are the gun laws.
>>
>>27903574
im pretty sure they repealed the blade length restriction etc last year.
>>
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has signed SB1771, Knife Rights’ bill repealing the state’s antiquated ban on switchblade (automatic) knives and possession of knives over four inches in length “with intent to go armed.” a vague law subject to abusive interpretation. As of July 1, 2014, there are no longer any per se illegal knives in Tennessee.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/09/tennessee-switchblade-ban-repealed/#ixzz3rhbwNjKS
>>
File: 1447123593663.jpg (68 KB, 736x994) Image search: [Google]
1447123593663.jpg
68 KB, 736x994
>>27903213

>Ohio

Pants on head retarded. You can own whatever kind of knife you want. Nothing is banned by name, but carrying a knife is where it gets goofy. Concealing a knife that the judge considers a "deadly weapon" without a ccw is a no no, but there is no clear cut definition of a deadly weapon. It goes on a case by case basis with certain arbitrary features deciding whether or not your knife is actually a deadly weapon.

Swiss army knife? Probably OK

Ka-Bar? One way trip to the slammer unless you have a really really good reason to carry one other than self defense.

>Pic unrelated
>>
New York

Poop
>Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree
>(1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles, metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"; or (2) He possesses any dagger, dangerous knife, dirk, razor, stiletto, imitation pistol, or any other dangerous or deadly instrument or weapon with intent to use the same unlawfully against another; or
>>
>>27903645
also
>with intent to use the same unlawfully against another
The courts assume that possession is intent to use
>>
>>27903632
i always oc'd a decent sized fixed balde or cc'd an assisted opener and never had any issues with cops in and around Cleveland. ymmv tho...
>>
Oregon

Anything is legal to own. Can open carry anything, cannot conceal carry dirk/daggers, balisongs, gravity knives, or any knife that projects/swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force
>>
>>27903213
>http://www.knifeup.com/knife-laws/
WA.

It's legal to open carry any kind of knife or sword.

You can't posses switchblades, butterfly knives, or gravity knives. I think that language means its totally ok to have one you just can't take it out of your home, store sell butterfly knives.

You can't conceal carry any lethal weapon other than a pistol, I think even a baton falls under that definition.

Most urban cities ban carrying any knife over 3.5" though.
>>
>>27903664

I've never had a problem either, but I still avoid tacticool mall ninja shit just in case.
>>
GA
Any blade is legal to own, but carry carry is restricted to a 5" blade unless you have a carry permit. The permit is pretty easy to get though.
>>
>Vermont

Knife laws? Dafuq are you talking about?

(Actually, no switchblades over three inches)
>>
>>27903393
Don't forget ballistic knives anon, those are illegal too. Southern Indy reporting in
>>
>>27903676
No carrying of fixed blades of any size allowed in Seattle.
>>
>>27903686
yeah ive actually had cops ask to see the knife cause they liked it thats about it.
>>
>>27903801
How do you eat steak? folders?
>>
You know, guys, i really feel like knife laws are helping.
>>
>>27903213
what kind of saw is that?
>>
i think its stupid colapsable batons are illegal here without some kind of training permit noone knows where to get. (tn) yet guns and knives are allowed.
>>
>>27903869
looks like a corona I think
>>
>>27903213
>http://www.knifeup.com/knife-laws/
This is retarded, for instance Illinois is a home rule state, which basically means any lower tier of government can over ride state law with their own on most subjects. For instance in Chicago its illegal to carry a KABAR or any other large knife. Cops generally use the palm test.
>>
>>27903834
Seattle is more of a burger city.
>>
File: 1434043787377.jpg (18 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1434043787377.jpg
18 KB, 291x343
>>27903213
"Michigan’s laws are not that confusing, it just requires some investigation and analysis. In Michigan, you can own any knife you want as long as it is not an automatic knife. You can also open carry any knife you want. The only limits to concealed carry is that you must not use the knife to harm others and that you can not carry a stabbing knife like a dirk or stiletto."

Pretty shit laws imo. God I hate my state.
>>
They recently ended all knife laws in Indiana.
>>
>>27904006
Really? fucking hell why wasn't i told this before!?
>>
>>27904006
Where the fuck was I? They should still have ballistic knives and weeb stars illegal last time I looked.
>>
>>27903213
>Washington

Pretty sure butterflies and switchblades are illegal but nobody gives a shit, me and a couple coworkers EDC Benchmade auto openers.
>>
>>27903213
>Washington:
No spring or gravity assisted openers in public, you can supposedly own them and they are sold here but they don't seem to be able to legally leave your residence, open carry or concealed. The language looks worded to ban butterfly knives, but technically it even seems to be illegal to loosen the screw such that you can swing a folding knife blade into the locked position as well. Those seem to be the only banned bladed weapons or tools.
Can't conceal anything _bigger_ than a bowie. Can't conceal daggers/other large stabbing knives, not sure what the cutoff is.
>vague enough?
Can conceal or carry whatever you want in/on your residence, but that exception does not apply to your property at large. May also conceal in your place of business strangely enough as long as it is fixed (ie the conceal exemptions would not apply in a food truck you work, would be interesting to see whether that applied to mobile structures that have been stationary for two weeks ect).
It seems you can open carry whatever as long as you aren't alarming people (the alarm caused need not have been caused intentionally so it's legal to OC but in practice illegal). Brandishing in situations other than self defense obviously illegal.

SPD have a history of shooting people with blades, some of them obviously deranged and causing trouble, some of them just going about their business.

Our concealed pistol licensing is explicit in that it only covers the concealment of handguns, no other weapons.
You can't conceal any other types of weapons and specific objects that were popularly used as weapons by mariners in the past. No clubs, batons, slungs, bolas, ect.

>>27903801
>>27903965
As stated here, there is no state preemption as there is with firearms so every city in the state big enough or with enough white trash, blacks, mexicans, or sailors has it's own dipshit knife laws. The best bet for carrying a knife here is something like 4.5" bladed or less, preferably folding.
>>
File: Knife Laws States.jpg (329 KB, 750x2250) Image search: [Google]
Knife Laws States.jpg
329 KB, 750x2250
>>27903213
>>
>>27904209
>innaccurate.jpg
>>
Maine
you can own whatever you want
the carry laws aren't very clear
honestly, though, nobody is going to stop you
>>
>>27904209
NH kinda prides itself on being full samurai. Not sure why any of this is relevant in modern times. Knives are tools. I can stab you with an ice pick or a screw driver just the same.
>>
File: 294-0013.jpg (196 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
294-0013.jpg
196 KB, 1024x768
When you guys talk abou OC a knife you mean carrying it in a sheath like pic related? And CC like carrying it inside your pocket or bag?
>>
>>27904307
You asked a dumb question to post a picture of yourself, huh?
>>
>>27903474
95051?
>>
>>27903645
Can't carry a dirk? A man be undressed if he doesn't have a dirk while in kilt.
>>
>>27904319
No, I'm not american that's why. And pic is a random one from web
>>
>>27903632
Delicious girl
>>
>>27904307
There's some minutiae like the possibility of it (sheathed, on your belt, otherwise outside your normal garments) but obscured by a coat that falls past the waist being argued as an attempt to conceal, but by and large you are correct.
>>
>>27903645
>dangerous knife

As opposed to a safe knife? Wtf?
>>
File: 1376770435753.jpg (108 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
1376770435753.jpg
108 KB, 764x1024
>>27903513
Even your sister goes in Kansas
>>
>>27904209
Innacurate as fuck. Both ballistic knives and switchblades/otf knives are illegal in VA, unless you are LEO or military.
>>
File: 1426281728925.gif (875 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
1426281728925.gif
875 KB, 250x231
>>27904209
>Talk shit about the UK for having bad knife laws
>Despite the laws being the same in ~14 states, some of which are the most densely populated

fucking

kek
>>
>>27905033
>same in 14 states
>better in 36 states
keep dreaming, bongbro
>>
>>27905067
Do the states that have like 5 people living in them at 400 billion metric tons of wheat / cattle really count, anon?

Lets be fair. :^)
>>
>>27905033
That's actually a very inaccurate map, but no state has laws as bad as the uks, locking blades are legal in all states and you can carry a knife without good reason, most of the states that have length restrictions still let you carry knives longer than the UK limit too or have weird laws that allow you to conceal a knife only up to a certain size but have no restrictions on length if they are carried in plain view
>>
>>27904968
It's a catch-all so that if they can charge you if you get caught doing something illegal, or get caught doing something NOT illegal but they need to save face or you 'undesirable'.
>>
>>27905103
Most fly over states still have a population greater than the UK. Now stop being crude on the internet, you're making the Queen cry.
>>
>>27904209
That map is wrong as fuck. It's legal to carry folding pocket knives in NY. There is no length limit, despite many morons (including police) that say otherwise.

see
http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article265.htm
and
>>27903645
>>
>>27904307
I have no idea how people OC knives, The only knife OC I've ever seen is a coworker with a Skeletool on his belt loop. It's not really even a knife.
Everybody else has a folder in his pocket.
>>
>>27903474
>Santa Clara requires a legal adult to be within arms reach of a minor shooting at a range. Further away from the coast minors can shoot legally without supervision.
>californians in charge of reading comprehension
>>
>>27903632
Sometimes I wonder whether God cursed a gorgeous woman with a disgusting face, or if he had pity on a hideous girl and gave her an amazing body.
>>
>>27903213
Nodak bro, what's up? South Dakota is the exact same way.
>>
>>27903545
But you do end up in a better state
>>
File: 1437348467514.jpg (28 KB, 600x579) Image search: [Google]
1437348467514.jpg
28 KB, 600x579
>>27903561
>$220 for a pack

literally why.
>>
>>27903393
You can't carry them on school property either.
>>
>>27903479
>Jim Bowie died in Texas, defending it
>in 2015 you can't carry a Bowie knife there
>>
>>27903213
Jesus fuck $220
>>
>>27903688
Ga here too, though we could only cc up to 3 inches. Hell, that's why I bought a 3" folder in the first place.
>>
They need to update this. Alaska laws have changed and now just about everything is legal with no grey area like the article states.
>>
File: AKTI-state-automatic-laws1.jpg (286 KB, 857x640) Image search: [Google]
AKTI-state-automatic-laws1.jpg
286 KB, 857x640
>>27906648
Here it says they are legal, auto knives, which they are. I was having such a good day today and now I'm pissed off. I sure did pick the wrong time to give licking Bufo alvarius.
>>
>>27906616
If you think that's bad I just bought an arcteryx khard 30 that takes another $100 worth of velcro-in modular pouches made by LBT. I plan to put a $1k radio in it.
>>
>>27903524
>tn
>no restriction on length
You can be wrong if you want f a m
>>
>>27903213
Seeing this brand makes me miss home.
I'm from Duluth
>>
>>27904209
Thus photo is very wrong, all types of knives are legal here in idaho. You can go into most sporting stores and buy a otf or a button activated auto as long as you're 18
>>
Finland.
No restrictions.
Carrying one in a public or using blades for self defense is no no. Unless you are hunting, a carpenter in full working gear, or wearing some traditional national clothing that includes a knife.
>>
>>27903995
OC blades over 3" and no daggers or switch blades. Pretty simple.
>>
>>27906508
Because hipsters and /out/.
>>
>>27905033
we dont have to explain why we are carrying a knife bong
>>
>>27906508
not just a pack

a fucking canvas pack

like what they made packs out of in the goddamn 1910's lol

220 bucks for a pack that's going to soak through, get everything inside wet, and pick up like 4 lbs of water weight.
Sign me the fuck up boys
>>
>>27910486
I'm not sure but I think you have to rub a wax bar into it to waterproof it. Every couple of months.
>>
NC defines a pocket knife as a collapsible blade where the point is concealed in the handle and the blade length is less than 4.25". Anything else requires a ccw permit. You can carry a pocket knife anywhere except where prohibited by law
>>
As of 2011 in the Netherlands a new law prohibits ownership or possession of the following knives, whether kept at home or not: Stilettos, switchblades, folding knives with more than one cutting edge, throwing knives, folding knives with an overall length of more than 28 cm when open, butterfly (balisong) or gravity knives, disguised knives (belt knife, sword cane, etc.) and push daggers. Also, it is illegal to carry a fixed-blade knife with more than one cutting edge, though such a knife may be kept at home for collector purposes.

In addition to national laws, each Dutch city and urban district has the right to prohibit carrying of any knife that can potentially be used as a weapon in certain "no-go" areas. Normally a "no-go" area includes all built-up urban areas including bars, cafés, concerts, and public gathering places or events. In public, a knife must be transported in such a manner so that it is not directly usable by the owner, such as storing the knife in a locked case for carrying in a backpack, or placing the locked-up knife in a storage area of a vehicle separate from the passenger compartment.

(straight from wikipedia)

feel bad for me
>>
>>27903412
>Can't own butterfly,balisong
Didn't we got those banned because we gould use them as garrotes and strangle people ?
>>
>>27904970
you gotta bring the meth though
>>
>>27906594
buy you can carry them in Arkansas, where the knife was made...
>>
>>27910813
>In public, a knife must be transported in such a manner so that it is not directly usable by the owner, such as storing the knife in a locked case for carrying in a backpack, or placing the locked-up knife in a storage area of a vehicle separate from the passenger compartment.
What the fuck?
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.