[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My father used to say that Taurus make good revolvers, but everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: taurus raging pony.jpg (43 KB, 661x496) Image search: [Google]
taurus raging pony.jpg
43 KB, 661x496
My father used to say that Taurus make good revolvers, but everything else is shit. Was he correct?

Everybody knows that Taurus pistols are shit, but lurking here I see some people criticizing the revolvers too and I'm kinda lost.
>>
>>27899823
Would you trust anything else made in brazil that involved tight tolerances, large pressure loads and potentially fatal consequences if any of those things were faulty?
>>
>>27899848
They're not made in Brazil you dipshit. Taurus has a US location for all of the Americna Taurus products, which is known to be much better than the Huezil branch. Still wouldn't buy Taurus, but just saying, they're not the same as far as quality is concerned.
>>
>>27899855
Thank you.
>>
Bumping for info on M65
>>
File: 3483810935_8d00e52c5b.jpg (100 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
3483810935_8d00e52c5b.jpg
100 KB, 500x333
>>27899848
>Would you trust anything else made in brazil that involved tight tolerances, large pressure loads and potentially fatal consequences if any of those things were faulty?

Hi there
>>
>>27899823
In my experience, older Taurus products (80's-90's), when they just copied Smith revolvers and Beretta semi's, were basically good guns.

Once they diversified into cowboy guns, original designs, and the endless gimmicks guns (Judges, curves) they started slipping on quality.
>>
I would trust the PT-92, made on former Beretta machinery, it's almost as good as the Beretta 92.
>>
>>27899823
theyre wheel guns and some clones are decent. Its one of those companies with a spotty history. Some say they got a great gun, others say they got something a piece of shit. Im sure somebody else can say what time periods had better quality.
Ive only had three Taurus's ever. One was good but not great, the other two ranged from garbage to meh. Id only trust my life with one after some extensive range time
>>
File: 300px-MindPt99.jpg (16 KB, 300x195) Image search: [Google]
300px-MindPt99.jpg
16 KB, 300x195
>>27901931
>>27901956
These anons know what's up. As long as it's not a Taurus design (ie, a copy of another company's design) it's pretty decent.

The PT-92, and its adjustable sight counterpart, the PT-99, are amazing pistols. I own the PT-99, and it's better than the Beretta 92 in just about every respect. You can even carry the PT pistols cocked and locked.

I've put about 3000 rounds through my PT-99, ranging from hot handloads to shitty winchester bulk ammo, and I've never had a malfunction. Not one.

Pic related. Mine's stainless with the same grips.
>>
>>27899823
How many times have you made this thread now?
>>
>>27902378
Not OP, but made the last one :^)
>>
File: 20150826_160544.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20150826_160544.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
Owner of a Brazilian-made Taurus here. They'll last for decades. I know Taurus is shit, but their wheelguns are reliable. Most old-school Military Police servicemen miss the days they were still issued.
>>
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of the Millenium pro 45? My father got one a while back and we both know nothing about it. Seems like an alright gun.
>>
>>27899823
I was under the impression that their wheel guns aren't *BAD* but they aren't really that great either.
>>
>>27899823
question, hows the taures model 66? I saw one and It caught my attention
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.