[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm really interested in getting one of CZ's bolt action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: cz550rhsderfl.jpg (46 KB, 575x179) Image search: [Google]
cz550rhsderfl.jpg
46 KB, 575x179
I'm really interested in getting one of CZ's bolt action rifles, I'm just a little curious about a few things.

Can you reload them with the magazine still in the rifle, and what's the build quality like?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>27801641
well if it counts for anything, as soon as
I come into some extra money I'll be buying the 527 carbine in 7.62, its a pretty sweet little gun.
>>
>>27801641
they are really nice for the money OP, they shoot well and that set trigger is amazing.
>>27802343
Just got a 527 american in 223. loving that little gun
>>
>>27802377
>>27802343
I really want to get either the 527 in 7.62x39 and the 550 with the full manlicher stock in 6.5 Swedish.

I'm really tempted to just get both.
>>
File: cz 550.jpg (175 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
cz 550.jpg
175 KB, 800x532
>>27801641
People say that full stocked rifles suffer from wood warps. Although this is true, newer rifles, such as the CZ FS series, manage this issue by making the barrel free-float in the stock (the barrel actually doesn't touch the stock), and the contact points are reinforced by steel.

CZ FS rifles are literal tack pushers and they are well made and reliable. Cold hammer forged.

I had to choose between a CZ 550 FS in 6.5 Swedish or .308. What a bummer.
>>
>>27802448
>>27802377
Are you able to reload the magazines while they're still in the rifle?
>>
>>27802448
Ignore my filename; it's not FS 550.
>>
>>27802458
No. You're talking about the smaller ones that shoot .223 or 7.62x39, right? You better get 2-3 magazines.

You can watch Youtube videos if you really want to know.
>>
>>27802518
So the smaller calibers you need to take them out, but the fullsized and magnums you can just do it while they're in the rifle?
>>
>>27802559
Yes.

"Full size" (CZ 550) are like any other bolt action full-size rifles. There is no magazine, and it is integrated, so you have to load by hand.

Just as a reminder, stripper clips need not apply because the round limit is 3 in CZ 550. I wish it was, but it's still a great rifle.
>>
>>27802639
*I wish it was 5
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.