[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ban State Workarounds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 20151011_135423.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151011_135423.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
I'm a hasguns from one of the worst states for gun owners, New Jersey. I have my FPIC so I can buy long guns without a problem (besides shitty NJ NICS that takes an hour), but besides that it's not too bad. We do, however, have a long list of "assault weapons" which are long guns banned by name. If it's a popular "military" model such as the AR-15, AK series, or FAL, it's definitely banned by name. However, we can have weapons that have different names provided that they don't have more than one "evil feature" with a detachable magazine.

What does /k/ recommend as a semi-automatic rifle in a reasonable price range for performance? I own an M39 nugget and practice technique with that but would also like something more practical and reliable. I know lots of people have AR-15 style rifles here, but .223/5.56 are both stupidly-pricey for the performance you get from what I understand... most of what I know is about milsurp, though, so I could be wrong. It seems like a pain in the ass to find an AR upper without a threaded barrel, too, same for AK's besides the stupidly-expensive converted Saigas.

Appreciate the help ahead of time, by the way.
>>
>>27800988
tbhfam buy an sks or mini 14
>>
Get one of those ARES AR lowers.
>>
ruger mini 14.
>>
>>27800988
SKS, Garand, M1 Carbine or a cheaper replica, Hakim, FN49, G43, AG42. All semi auto with at least 8 round capacity and aren't "scary salt guns." Bad thing is other than the SKS, you're looking at spending $500 at a minimum. And ammo isn't widely available.
>>
>>27801000
>Mini-14

I always hear really bad things about these.

>SKS

I love SKS's but they're like $450 right now desu senpai, that's before transfers. Also, 7.62x39 tends to drop off like a rock after 200 yards.

>>27801005
We're not allowed to use 80% lowers in our builds by doing the work ourselves, unless we're licensed manufacturers. Should've mentioned that, fuck this state. You need to buy any lower from an FFL with NICS check, and can't use an 80% lower.

>muh scurry ghost gunz

Also, AR building seems tough since I'd end up paying for pinning the stock on a complete lower and need to have someone grind off threads on a complete upper. Too expensive for a cheap product.
>>
File: 1352086483974.jpg (629 KB, 2592x1182) Image search: [Google]
1352086483974.jpg
629 KB, 2592x1182
Are VZ-58s banned by name?
If not, grab the bare-bone variant with solid wooden stock. You can even have gunsmith lock the magazine to the rifle, since you can reload it with CLIPS.
>>
>>27801020
M1 Carbine is, oddly enough, banned by name here. I'd have gotten one if that wasn't the case, sadly. And you're totally right about the price range and lack of availability of ammo, the Garands are popular around here but aren't price-feasible.

I could buy a compliant AK or get work done on it but I'd feel bad fucking it up permanently just to comply. SKS seems like the best option so far unfortunately.
>>
>>27801021
>Also, 7.62x39 tends to drop off like a rock after 200 yards.
which is more than enough for innawoods and city use. Plus the round's still capable of hitting man-sized targets beyond 400m, and remains dangerous even further than that.
>>
>>27801031
VZ-58s are not banned by name but I'd need to find compliant magazines (even non-detachable mags need to be 15 or fewer rounds) and remove any barrel threads, even with a solid stock. Seems silly to permanently weld the mag to the gun, too, I'd be ruining it for a fancy SKS. Still seems like one of the most valid options besides a compliant WASR.
>>
>>27801041
That's actually a really good point, was thinking about that. Might actually consider an SKS or compliant AK platform now.
>>
>>27801035
Shitty, friend. Can you ship ammo to NJ?
>>
>>27801066
Haha. I've shipped tons of ammo here, no special procedure. SGAMMO just leaves it at the doorstep. So I got tons of 54r cheap before the price surge.
>>
File: 1346467621079.jpg (661 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1346467621079.jpg
661 KB, 1024x768
>>27801052
>>27801045
Seems like the case's closed then.
The SKS is perhaps easiest to go with, thanks to it "traditional" looks, fixed 10rnd mag, yet reliable action and common, cheap and powerful round.

VZ would be a decent option too, assuming you want that extra 5 shots.
>>
>>27801084
I'll just go with the SKS then, way more documentation and availability of parts. Half the price too. Thanks /k/!
>>
File: feels.jpg (7 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
feels.jpg
7 KB, 205x246
>sees fellow JerseyPoor looking for autist-compliant guns

Dude just move the fuck out while you can. That, or become a lawyer, become governor, and allow open carry and ban cops from turning off headlights to catch speeders at night.. then, we'll wash out the libfag scum once and for all. they can keep Hoboken tho. fuck that hipster place.
>>
>>27801116
Going to college here so I can't move out for 3 years. I'll take it as a challenge to improve my marksmanship and improvisation till then.
>>
Op, do you go to the heritage guild in easton much?
>>
>>27801141
Nah. Just Range 14. I live in central NJ. Easton Is real far for me.
>>
Range 14? I gotta look into that.. ive only been to heritage and my dad's friends house, but we only shoot .22 and low-brass every once in a while there...
>>
>>27800988
Get a DSarms FAL

Their guns aren't banned because they're SA-58s, not FALs
>>
VZ 58 should meet your requirements
>>
>>27801149
How do you like it? How much?
>>
>>27801021
Non that anon but I believe he was referring to ares defense scr lower not the ares armor 80% lowers. If you don't want to deal with getting an upper to pair with the scr lower you can get the whole rifle for like $860 and it's 50 state legal.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.