[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the essentials? AR15 accessories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: le6920.png (214 KB, 397x317) Image search: [Google]
le6920.png
214 KB, 397x317
It seems the most 1337 komandoes don't like the wacked out all ham tacti-cool cluttered crap. (Duh) But they don't like the most basic Front-Sight-Base paired only with a rear either? Appearantly they're for plebs? Where do you draw the line between a nice LE6920 and something with everything?

I think having a fixed front, and flip up rear is ideal. Maybe a red dot if you have poor vision.

What are your basics, for an all around general purpose AR?
>>
>>27796402
Sling, rear sight, light.
>>
Folding front and rear
Low power variable optic that does true 1x mounted as low as possible
Muzzle brake, I will never be in a situation where muzzle flash will be a hindrance so I have no need for a FH.
45 degree non ambi selector
Extended handguard, TOB may be situational but it excels at close range target hosing.
>>
>>27796402
>>27796402
having a red dot if you have poor vision is a shitty idea, chances are you won't be able to see a crisp dot. Better off with a 1x prismatic or a rugged 1-4x variable.

other than that, absolute minimum is good sling and good light

the next on my list is storage compartments in the grip and stock, for a backup bolt and small tubes of lube respectively. They don't really add weight/bulk and can come in real handy in a pinch.
>>
>>27796495
>storage compartments

The best thing to put in those are the tiny GPS location emitters. Nothing like being able to effectively LoJack your rifle if it ever gets stolen.

>Surprise Fucker! I've got one gun you didn't steal and OH LOOK it's an inch from your eye!
>>
>>27796402
>red dot
>back up sights
>replace poopy A2 grip
That's all that's a must. Anything is just personal preference. I switched to a slim handguard because I have small hands and plan on switching the buttstock because I don't like the wiggle in the original stock. I may replace my flash hider, but that's just for cosmetic reasons.
>>
Absolute musts?

Well, here's mine.

>aimpoint CCO or variable power 1-4 scope
>sling
>rear sight
>flash light
>non-gritty trigger

Then practice. Get a shitload of ammo and mags and go practice until you be effective with your rifle.
>>
>>27796402
bullets
>>
Decent scope (coughBURRIScough) and an aftermarket trigger, same as every other longarm I own.
>>
>>27796402
Bare minimum is sling, iron sights, and light.
Next on the list is a red dot.
>>
>>27796402
Sling, optic, light, practice, and a decent trigger.
Irons are a given.
>>
>>27796402
>Where do you draw the line between a nice LE6920 and something with everything?

Don't start buying shit just because someone told you to. Get to know where you keep placing your hands at, then you can start attaching shit on the handguards according to that instead of throwing a flashlight or grip somewhere at random.

Keep it bone stock and see what you might need accordingly as you shoot, don't get sucked into the whole /arg/ faggotry that is spending your paycheck on dumb shit just so you can avatafag with it.

This is at most what you need.
>sling
>light
>optic

that's it, buying a geissle trigger won't make you a better shot, learn how to shoot your gun well and then worry about throwing shit on it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.