[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a Czechpoint VZ 58 worth buying over a Century VZ2008?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: vz58v.jpg (14 KB, 510x196) Image search: [Google]
vz58v.jpg
14 KB, 510x196
Is a Czechpoint VZ 58 worth buying over a Century VZ2008?
>>
>>27795679
Not really, they were best bought in 2008 when they were worth about $600. At this point, just get the vz. 2008 if you can find one under $500 with all the accessories.
>>
>>27795679
>Is a Czechpoint VZ 58 worth buying over a Century VZ2008?
To me it is and still would be. I know the real deal is a lot nicer all around, having handled both, and owning a vz58 long before vz2008s existed.
I'm a buy once cry once guy. I buy what I want in the first place. I'd much rather wait till I can afford the better one, so long as we're not talking years.
They're both going to serve you well(at least once you remove the slant brake from the 2008), but you'll never know the full quality of a vz58 with a vz2008, it's sandpaper action, and "just ok" fit and finish.
>>
>>27795701
What he said.
>>
>>27795837
This is why I am asking, I have a friend who has a VS2008 and the fit and finish on it is average at best, however the fit and finish on my VZ61 is superb IMO
>>
No

I've owned my Czechpoint for nearly seven years and although I love it to death it isn't a $1200 gun. The days of cheap Czechpoints went away after Sandy Hook.
>>
Just get an AK63D
>>
WASR are the only option anymore unless you pay for an Arsenal SLR/SGL.
>>
>>27795866
I own a CSA VZ-58, the fit and finish on it is absolutely perfect, the trigger is buttery smooth, and chrome lined barrels always good.
>>
>>27796099
>posts about WASR on non ak variant rifle thread
>"you should get a WASR mang"

>>>/gethefuckout/
>>
>>27795866
person you were replying to here, agree with >>27796107
>This is why I am asking
Well, what's your yearly gun budget. If it's something closer to 2000/year, if you can afford it, get it. I think you'll be happier in the long run. It's hands down my most useful and best gun. It's the lightest, smallest with folder stock, most comfortable with fixed stock, best vehicle gun because it ejects GT ammo really gently so no worries about chipped glass, easiest gun to clean the gas system on(other areas pretty unnecessary other than boresnaking)...
Still, I'd take a vz2008 over any similarly priced ak after using one. I just like stripper clips and how a vz works and feels. The vz2008 I used was as accurate as me once the crap slant brake was off, it was pulling everything way up and right IIRC while it was on. The sights went from way off, to dead on at 400 yards after the brake was removed. It was just harder to disassemble because the fit was far from perfect. I can push my pins out with my fingers easily, this one required a rubber mallet because things were squeezed a bit too tightly.
>>
>>27796375
>It was just harder to disassemble because the fit was far from perfect.
Oh, and the folder stock had some wobble and play to it. Mine's solid as a rock, basically what you'd expect from an unused one.
>>
I dont know op,i heard vz were haunted so i steer away from them.
>>
>>27796613
for what it's worth, I've only experienced a ghost once and I didn't even know vz58s existed yet
>>
File: Haunted VZ.webm (241 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
Haunted VZ.webm
241 KB, 640x424
>>27796403
Hell, I slapped an old milsurp beaver barf stock on mine and it's still solid.

>>27796613
Isn't owning a haunted gun a good thing though?
>>
>>27797985
How was your folder before that? I've only handled one and it was on the loose side.
But yeah, the beaverbarf will be as solid as ever I'm sure.
>>
>>27798091
Shit, misread your post a bit, didn't start with a fold, rifle came with one of those M4 stocks.

I mean functionally it was solid but I didn't like the look of it.
>>
>>27798136
>I mean functionally it was solid but I didn't like the look of it.
Yeah, holy crap those look terrible on a vz. I'd like to know who's excellent taste in guns we have to thank for those franken-stock rifles.
>>
>>27797985
What the hell man? I came here for guns, not to get spooked! Put a trigger warning on that!
>>
>>27797985
I have a feeling that we'll be seeing that webm a lot in the future.
>>
>is it worth 2x the price?
not to most people, no
>>
The VZ.58s Czechpoint imports are (I believe) made by CSA (Czech Small Arms). They're nice, but the only place they're really a good buy (outside of Europe) is in Canada, where they can be had for about $820 USD (with a chrome lined barrel). The non-chrome lined ones used to be as cheap as $660 USD.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 680x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 680x299
Why didn't I buy one when they were $399...
>>
>>27798389
I had a friend who wanted one badly after using my cz vz58.
I made sure he got in on that deal when it was still there. I almost wanted to buy one myself as a pure beater gun, it was just such a steal at that price.
>>
>>27798499
Seriously, could have easily flipped for a profit (though I probably wouldn't)

My excuse is I had just bought my C93 for $550 on cyber Monday... I love how compact and lightweight the VZ is, especially with the folding stock. Trying to convince my coworker/buddy to sell me his
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.