[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Two options /k/. ONE You are transported back to the Roman Empire,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
Two options /k/.

ONE
You are transported back to the Roman Empire, you must survive as a new Gladiator for one year in the Colosseum. Nothing but your Patron forces you to fight, it is possible to influence them to pit you less, however, if you do not complete 300 fights, you will never return. You can understand any language as though it is your native tongue. You acquire an ancient Roman physiology and a physically fit.

TWO
You are transported back to the Roman Empire, you must survive for five years as a new Gladiator in the Colosseum if you lose, you will never return. You can not understand any language unless it is Celtic spoken by a Britanian. You keep your physiology and fitness.
>>
the fuck why would you ever not choose one
>>
File: image.gif (191 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
191 KB, 500x375
>>27794346
Why the fuck wouldn't I fight to the death with my barbarian Celtic kinsmen?
>>
>>27794375
What do you not know of physiology?

Assuming modern Germanic genetics, you'll be a great deal taller than most combatants and have had access to modern fitness techniques and supplements. You could theoretically whack-a-mole your way to freedom.
>>
>>27794407
I should also mention it is possible to become a free man in option TWO, and if you do, you return instantly.
>>
>>27794407
>implying most of us on /k/ are more physically fit than a gladiator
>>
>>27794346
Not knowing much about gladiators, are you able to bring in your own weapons?
>>
File: mfw fruity rudy's sweet ass.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mfw fruity rudy's sweet ass.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>27794407
is this nigger serious?
>>
>>27794502
No, you are, probably by your Patron, equipped to be a "kind" of gladiator, based on what equipment is traditional for you particular discipline.
>>
>>27794508
Are you? Ancient Romans were much shorter than people today.
>>
File: tyranitar calls in a sandstorm.jpg (104 KB, 800x702) Image search: [Google]
tyranitar calls in a sandstorm.jpg
104 KB, 800x702
>>27794719
and you're fucking stupid if you think that being a little taller and bigger than someone means you'll automatically win a fight against them, especially if they're gladiators that have experience fighting in the arena and you're just some schmuck who knows how to use weapons that exist over two millenia in the future.
>>
>>27794719
Not that much shorter. Like an average height of 5'3" to 5'8"
>>
>>27794769
>automatically
I didn't say that, but I see why the whack-a-mole analogy might make you think that. But significant advantages in size, strength, and mass lend a big advantage.
>>
>>27794804
I don't remember who said it, but I recall someone knowledgeable once saying a good big man will always beat a good small man. So there's that. But frankly I imagine a man who's survived more than a few fights in the arena would beat almost anyone except like operator tier and higher hands down
>>
>>27794841
Well experience>size.

But you also have to factor reach and talent. As well as armaments.
>>
>>27794407
Most gladiators lived a live of hardship, your fat body would get fucked.
>>
>>27794783
yeah so a full half foot shorter than the average male today. Thats pretty fucking short.
>>
>>27794893
Hardship+old medicine does not produce exceptional warriors. It produces hardcore bastards with trick knees, bad backs, and bone fragment-ridden tendons.

My fat body would still get fucked though.
>>
>>27794929
>It produces hardcore bastards with trick knees, bad backs, and bone fragment-ridden tendons.

So Infantry though out all of time?
>>
>>27794942
When you put it that way yes.

Only probably with pilum wounds and FUCKED up organs. I know it probably looks like I'm grasping for straws, but I really doubt warriors of antiquity are even in as good a shape as infantry today, unless you compare them to like, South African infantry, or some other country that sucks but still sees action.
>>
>You acquire an ancient Roman physiology and a physically fit.
>implying that Romans were any more uniform in their physiology than we are today
>>
>>27794346
You realize that gladiators were quite the investment, and as such didn't normally die?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.