[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to the range to shoot my handgun for the first time I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 1428016358522.jpg (375 KB, 2688x1688) Image search: [Google]
1428016358522.jpg
375 KB, 2688x1688
Going to the range to shoot my handgun for the first time

I've gone shooting a lot throughout my life
but always long guns and always on someones property

I've shot a few handguns before but never my own

I guess what im asking is, how do I not make a fool of myself first time at the range
>>
Don't be a tardstick
>>
>currently on all fours in a county jail

Oh BOOF, you so crazy
>>
>>27790403
Stick it in your mouth and pull the trigger. Help us all.
>>
1.Don't sweep anyone with the gun

2.Keep it pointed downrange at all times

3. When a cease fire is called, unload the gun, place it facing towards the range, and step back from the fireing line

4. When the range is cold, and people are setting up targets,
DO NOT APPROACH THE BENCH
This will make you look like an idiot. Even if its just a phone or something you need to grab, don't do it.

5. Have fun, if you see you think something if unsafe, tell the RO or if the situation warrants, call a ceasefire.
>>
>>27790403
Remember the four rules.

Make a checklist of items to bring so you don't have to make a trip back. Most items at the range are critical (ears and eyes, ammo, keys if your firearms are in a locked case).

Take your time and ask an RO if you are ever unsure about something.
>>
>>27790403

It fucking sucks OP

-RO will most likely be a fudd who thinks hes an expert on everything gun related
-RO will constantly invade your space to make sure you're following all of his rules about stance
-Don't fire more than one shot a minute or the RO will invade your ass deeper
-Don't have fun or the RO will think you're horsin' around
-Other people there won't mind their business
-Some ranges have rules about what ammo can be used (muh sparks n fires)

Go back to the woods and never go to a range again
>>
So I have about 300 rounds of various brands of just 115g fmj on hand because I know every gun likes a different flavor of bullet the most so I should try a few out.

Is there anything I should be focusing on other then just groupings, any specific things I should practice?

>>27790467
woods shooting is illegal here
>>
File: 1427962711045.jpg (41 KB, 331x481) Image search: [Google]
1427962711045.jpg
41 KB, 331x481
>>27790467
>all ranges are bad
No.
>shooting on private land (or where allowed on public land) is better than a range
Sometimes. Depends on how much you want to bring and how far you want to go. For most people, it's not an option.
>>
>>27790483
>Is there anything I should be focusing on other then just groupings, any specific things I should practice?
Getting the basic muscle memory of handling a firearm is all you should be concerned about for your first trip. Get the form down, then you can worry about grouping. If all goes well, grouping should come naturally.
>>
Anyone have that diagram of a target that shows what each direction of center means you're squeezing early, or anticipating the recoil or whatever?
I'd like to bring a copy of that with me

>>27790492
that makes sense, learn this gun before I try to group with it
>>
File: fuck u.jpg (38 KB, 556x549) Image search: [Google]
fuck u.jpg
38 KB, 556x549
>>27790528
this one?
>>
File: Pistol-Correction.jpg (98 KB, 558x712) Image search: [Google]
Pistol-Correction.jpg
98 KB, 558x712
>>27790596
yes thank you
>>
>>27790483
focus on your front sight and try to stay relaxed. check for flinching halfway through your trip.

focus on the front sight, even chanting front sight front sight and try to relax to the noise and recoil.

stay safe, have fun
>>
>>27790627

>Still posting this chart that's been proven wrong time and time again

Stop.
>>
File: O63DgIh.jpg (943 KB, 800x4406) Image search: [Google]
O63DgIh.jpg
943 KB, 800x4406
>>27790403
im not a pro myself but this helped me.
>>
>>27790635
Question: What is wrong with that chart? Ive used a pretty similar one in some self training and found some improvements while following it.
>>
>>27790687
yeah, whats wrong with it
>>
>>27790642
Damn, if I use the correct trigger with my CZ-52, then the recoil fucks up my finger with sustained shooting.
>>
>>27790403
>how do I not make a fool of myself first time at the range
if any of the boxes of ammo you bring read any of the following
>remington umc
>winchester whitebox
>perfecta
promptly throw it away and buy cheaper and better ammo online.
>>
>>27791129
I have non whitebox winchester, federal, monarch, and some S&B
>>
>>27791129
Do idiots really judge you by what ammo you use? All three of those run fine in my gun. I'll agree with you on cheaper, excluding perfecta; I can find that for 8 dollars a box near me, but otherwise who gives a shit?
>>
>>27791129
literally no one cares about what ammo you use
>>
>>27790403

take the $100 intro class at the gun range

well worth it
>>
File: 1423682749261.png (119 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1423682749261.png
119 KB, 318x307
>>27790403
>explosives

hahahahahaahhahahahaha
>>
Swefag here, what is in OPs pic actually?
>>
>>27792404
Boof wanted a .380 glock. The person that does his orders instead got him three hundred and eighty glocks.
>>
>>27792444
Hahaha oh shit. That is a major fuck-up.
>>
well boys we did it
put 300 rounds through my gun and learned a lot along the way about the gun

this high bore axis is going to take a long time to get used to
>>
>>27790403
Don't load them backward or muzzle sweep and you should be good.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.