[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Almost finished with my first term in the Army, with reenlistment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: INF-Creed.png (916 KB, 579x750) Image search: [Google]
INF-Creed.png
916 KB, 579x750
Almost finished with my first term in the Army, with reenlistment coming up I plan on Reclassing from a mechanic to infantry. Has any vets taken this route? If so, any pointers on what it may be like for prior service guys?
>>
whats your reason for going Infantry, and what do you want to get out of it
>>
>>27785894
Go to flight school and fly apaches you fag
>>
>>27785894
>i hate acquiring skills that will be useful back in the real world
>>
how do you get through basic? mostly the yelling stuff the PT and group accountability shit doesn't seem like much of a problem
>>
>>27785954
I wanted to be an infantryman before I joined but at the time of enlisting wasn't open, really joined as a mechanic to get out of the shitty town I was coming from.
>>27786148
Who said I wasn't going to use them?>>27786170
Of course that, just want to hear an experience for anyone who as done so.
>>
>>27786264
nigga i was just using your thread to ask my question about basic
>>
>>27786280
Lmao you answered your own question, you goofy fuck.
>>
>>27786170

you just do it
>>
File: 1406803687981.jpg (16 KB, 488x305) Image search: [Google]
1406803687981.jpg
16 KB, 488x305
>>27785894
Stay a mechanic OP. Those are practical skills that will serve you for the rest of your private life and your work life if you choose. Infantry is mostly comprised of the dumb fucks that didn't score high enough on their ASVAB to do anything else. Don't go full retard OP.
>>
>>27786131

seriously, OP why the fuck don't you do this?
>>
>>27786170
I too wonder this.

It seems like if you are

1. In pretty good shape, especially running (Don't have to be in that great of shape for Army PT Reqs just looking at them and comparing that to my weekly workouts
2. Not retarded
3. Have ever once been part of a team (hey if one of you fags throws up while running lines we will run more lines-- so don't throw up etc. a favorite of my HS soccer coach-- nobody wants to be the person to get whole team punished)
4. Can take orders-- and seeing as its basic training and nobody is sending you on a morally questionable mission (other than scrubbing latrines with a tooth brush because you failed req. 2 of not being retarded or 3 being the weak link it shouldn't be that fucking hard to make your bed and stuff if you can just learn to go full autistic for the 12 weeks or so
Am I even mildly close to the mark on any of those?
>>
>>27786681
*because hearing about my buddies (USMC and Army) times in basic, they said it was a cakewalk. It sucked, but it was easy. Told me about the retards who didn't make it through the first couple days, or washed out along the way for various reasons

I know the military attracts some real shit for brains, but the people who an hero in basic training or wash out because they literally couldn't figure out how to not fuck up simple tasks blows my mind
>>
>>27786681
>>27786710
I can do all of that, I was just wondering because I've never been in a situation where someone was yelling in my face and I've had to keep a straight face, its a strange thing to worry about, I know but its in my head for some reason
>>
>>27786170
Any retard can get through basic, that is the honest truth.

The catch is the more retarded you are (and the more retards you have with you), the worse it will be.

Basic is not individual survival, it is a collective effort. the quicker you all realize that the easier it will be.

One thing that most prospective recruits get wrong is thinking that BCT is the peak, and everything afterward is largely downhill.

In combat arms (19D myself), OSUT was a cakewalk compared to the training & deployment schedules of active duty line units.

You shouldn't have to worry about the latter too much these days, but I sure as hell hope you have to worry about the former if you are going active.

TL;DR: Basic is easy, don't be such a bitch.
>>
>>27786131
Nigger, do you have and idea how fucking huge your salary could be post-military life if you flew motherfucking apaches
>>
>>27786760

from what i gathering i've just been worrying too much, so fuck it ill try to stop worrying, thanks for all the pro tips fellas
>>
I did my 3 years in the Army in the Infantry. Most people that I met who were had prior service expressed a significant amount of regret for choosing 11B.

If you really want to do this, you need to do everything in your power to make it out of a line unit. Life will be absolute shit if you find yourself surrounded by shitbags who just want to get out being led by leaders who don't respect you.
>>
>>27786888
>The life of a leg
>>
File: medals.jpg (17 KB, 217x395) Image search: [Google]
medals.jpg
17 KB, 217x395
>>27785894
AMA faggot
>>
>>27786942
how much was medal on ebay?
>>
>>27786954
JEJ
>>
>>27786942

Do you have to wear a diaper now due to your asshole being so loose?
>>
>>27787015
I'm diapered up and watching cartoons right now
>>
>>27786854
It is healthy to worry, just get yourself sorted out in the best circumstances to succeed.

Just know that BCT/OSUT/MCRD (w/e) is the tip of the iceberg.

It is called basic for a reason.
>>
>>27786624
this, op.

There is no practical every-day use for an infantryman outside of the Army. My father basically names his price as a senior-tier diesel/hydraulic mechanic, skills he learned in the Army.
>>
>>27787252
I guarantee he got his leg in the door mechanic wise in the army, but REALLY started learning once he got out and into the job field. there isnt a single job in the military that really engages you as hard as the civilian version of said jobs. aviationfags in the marines always think they are gunna get out and work for boeing and it never happens without schooling and apprenticeships after the military. same with mechanics unless you have a great aptitude for it already and actually went out of your way after work hours to be a good mechanic. I was a diesel mechanic in the Marines and honestly I dont know shit about troubleshooting anymore. My friend works with data Marines and has to fix everything they do because their retards. his job on camp lejeune was to shadow a CHIEF WARRANT OFFICER in the data field who couldnt do her fucking job at all. im not saying its impossible but the military will push you through your MOS no matter what, unless your going SF or something.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.