[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in California and have a medical cannabis card and am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12
I live in California and have a medical cannabis card and am interested in purchasing a firearm. I am aware of that the federal government still recognizes cannabis as a illigal substance and the form you are requred to fill out askes you if you use any illigal substances, but is it just a yes or no answer that has no further research done to or is there a list the the seller can reference to every time a form is being approved that lists medical patients. i guess my question is do people with medical cards actually get in trouble if the lie to get a gun
>>
>>27783227
Your rec is confidential, the doctor cannot, by law, give that information to anyone, no matter what badge they want to flash.
>>
Lol
www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/robert-farago/atf-to-pot-smokers-no-guns-for-you-dude/
>>
>>27783248
unless presented with a proper warrant or cause

and for OP, as of now the 10th ammendment does not protect cannabis laws since the DEA is raiding medical plants
>>
In b4 hurr private sale in AZ/NV/OR

>Section 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)
>bans firearms possession for anyone “who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.”
>>
i understand the law but do people actually get in trouble
>>
>>27783423

Yes, if you lie on a Form 4473 it's a federal crime.

Hope you like being asspounded, pothead
>>
>>27783423
honestly no unless they get busted for something else and it comes up
>>
>>27783467
This. You can buy gun and they will never now about your pot card, ubless you duck up and get in legal troubles down the road.
>>
Why is it that californians are physically unable to make any good threads on /k/?

I'm geniunely curious
>>
>>27783458
Yes, cause I'm sure the guy that smokes a little to mellow out is so much more dangerous than the guy that pounds a 12 pack on a daily basis...fucking idiot.
>>
File: Cat_pepe.png (168 KB, 505x523) Image search: [Google]
Cat_pepe.png
168 KB, 505x523
>>27783567
>unironically getting triggered

>on /k/
>>
File: image.gif (561 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
561 KB, 240x180
>>27783227
Do it. Its perfectly legal. It would then of course be perfectly legal to arrest you and charge you with a felony. Don't you just love the American legal system?
>>
>>27783567
I've made good threads on /k/ before, and am a California resident. The difference between me and OP is that I'm not retarded, and will use google to research my questions--and I wouldn't be asking if a medical marijuana card will disqualify me from owning in a state that is looking for any and every reason to disarm us.
It's retardation like OP that gun owners here are fighting a losing battle.
>>
>>27783691
OP here i've tried to research this issue multiple times but i am trying to find someone with experience with my issue.
>>
>>27783752
>I'm trying to find out if anyone who broke the law and got away with it wants to talk about how he got away with it.

Anon...
>>
>>27783752
Your issue is that you're asking if you can lie on a federal form. Sure you can, but it's a bad idea.
In your situation there is no plausible deniability. Will they cross reference records? I seriously doubt it. Do you want to take that chance on a federal felony charge?

Odds are you're just like the vast majority of the 215 card holders who don't need it, but own it to aquire weed more easily. If not, you didn't really think things through.
Either way, you chose weed over personal rights. In a perfect world, it wouldn't be the govornment's business, but you made your choice.

Now my suggestion would be to hold out till marijuana is nationally legalized. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened in the next decade.
>>
File: tumblr_no9cosSxFz1uvuwdlo1_400.jpg (21 KB, 352x352) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no9cosSxFz1uvuwdlo1_400.jpg
21 KB, 352x352
>>27783583
Thankyou op, you took the words right out of my mouth. Why is alcohol socially acceptable to people yet cannabis is not, even after being proven to have a fraction of the detrimental health effects?
>>
>>27783981
Same reason switchblades are illegal in a lot of states--media spin. With the amount of information going around, legalizing marijauna is gaining more and more ground in the US.
Quit being a pathetic little bitch crying over the unfairness of reality, and start fucking educating your community.

As I said, I would not be surprised if it gets legalized in a decade--but the only reason I projected out that far is because the population that could expidite that shit is a bunch of whiny losers trying to compare their drug of choice to alcohol.
The gears are already in motion, if you grew a set you could maybe make this issue expand faster.
>>
OP, I've a couple weed-related charges and I was able to pick up an AK no problem. I haven't got raided or had a delay purchasing it. ( before I got the AK I had a delay with NICS when buying a mosin because of the crim record, I was still able to buy it. I guess they just had to make sure I wasn't a felon)
>>
>>27784182
The difference between a misdemeanor charge and having a registered doctor illegally (under Federal law) prescribe you a controlled substance is much more massive than you might think.
In the eyes of the federal govornment, OP has a record indicating his addiction to an illegal drug.
There's no way around that one. You may have commited a crime, but you haven't gone out of your way to tell the govornment that you need weed to function.
>>
>>27783333
>Posts story from 2013, when it is almost 2016
>As if the last few years haven't involved a massive shift in public opinion regarding recreational and medical marijuana
>As if states haven't legalized marijuana

What have the feds done yet? I haven't heard of any feds going to Alaska, Colorado or Washington, and knocking down doors because someone smokes pot but purchased a gun.
>>
>>27783358
Distributing marijuana is different than simply consuming it.
>>
>>27783845
>Now my suggestion would be to hold out till marijuana is nationally legalized

Fuck that. If you're too scared to buy a gun, get an antique or black powder revolver.

Two black powder revolvers on the night stand are better than nothing.
>>
>>27783227
Just go buy a gun private purchase and shut up about it. The law is not telepathic.
>>
File: reuben-sandwich.jpg (15 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
reuben-sandwich.jpg
15 KB, 360x240
Out of curiosity, what reason(s) would a qualified doctor ever prescribe marijuana to a patient? Is it as easy as being prescribed oxy, where you just say you're in a lot of pain from something and they'll just write a prescription for it?
>pic unrelated
>>
>>27784439
Chronic pain, insomnia and loss of appetite/nausea are probably the biggest benefits. But people have successfully treated everything from PTSD and anxiety, to seizures.
>>
File: top_lel_get_fukt.gif (434 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
top_lel_get_fukt.gif
434 KB, 900x900
>>27784513
>Chronic pain, insomnia and loss of appetite/nausea are probably the biggest benefits.
Those are benefits from smoking weed? I always knew you potheads were lying about how good it was!

Thanks for the info, f a m
>>
File: 1414629198897.jpg (66 KB, 640x598) Image search: [Google]
1414629198897.jpg
66 KB, 640x598
>>27784553
>>
>>27783227
you're not an illegal user so you're not lying
>>
File: 1444634164293.jpg (72 KB, 638x627) Image search: [Google]
1444634164293.jpg
72 KB, 638x627
>>27784553
>Out of curiosity, what reason(s) would a qualified doctor ever prescribe marijuana to a patient?

Reasons for prescribing a medication, not benefits. Please exercise basic reading comprehension.
>>
File: allahu_smugfrog.png (220 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
allahu_smugfrog.png
220 KB, 499x499
>>27784582
>>27784606
>>
>>27783227

You're good to go, but you cannot apply for a CCW permit as a friend of mine found out.
>>
File: 1444547074278.gif (889 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1444547074278.gif
889 KB, 500x286
>>27784640
>>I was only pretending to be french
>>
>>27784272
Good point.
>>
>>27784439
Here in California it is incredibly easy to just lie to the doctor about your issues, or even in some circumstances, just pay them to lie for you.
If you want a medical marijauna card in California, they are not hard to get.
>>
File: The_outlaw_josey_wales.jpg (50 KB, 325x475) Image search: [Google]
The_outlaw_josey_wales.jpg
50 KB, 325x475
>>27784397
>picture related

That'd be pretty hilarious.
>>
>>27783227
Why is this even a question. ATF has flat out said even if marijuana is legal under state law, it's still illegal under federal law and you have to comply with both federal and state law when buying a firearm. People do get prosecuted for making false statements on 4473s. Hell, there was a recent US Supreme Court case, Abramski, about a straw purchaser saying yes, he was the intended owner.

https://www.atf.gov/file/60211/download

>>27784419
For a private purchase in California, you still have to fill out a Form 4473.
>>
File: Ruger Old Army.jpg (652 KB, 3208x1035) Image search: [Google]
Ruger Old Army.jpg
652 KB, 3208x1035
>>27784781
>>27784397
They're not high speed/low drag by today's standards, but they'll still shoot a guy dead, and you can load them with modern projectiles.

Plus they produce a tactical smokescreen.
>>
>>27784948
That case, if it's the one I'm thinking of, was because the straw purchaser literally had "gun" written in the memo line of the personalcheck his buddy gave him, which he used to pay for the pistol.

Just because you have a medical mariquana card doesn't mean you're addicted to a controlled substance. Your bank records/state records of the cards usage would be if they really, really wanted to prosecute more than FORTY NICS denials a year. Since misdemeanor weed charges don't dq you for buying a gun, neither will a medicinal mariquana card.
>>
>>27785180
>"tactical smokescreen"
topkek
>>
>>27785243
Yeah brev, guy breaks into your house, blast him six times, room is filled with smoke, then sneak up behind his companion and disarm/injure/kill him
>>
>what is HIPAA?
>>
>>27786079

not to mention the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27783227
If you are found to hold a medical marijuana card, you will be an automatic denial for up to a year after your card expires.
>source: i heard it from the FBI NICS liaison's mouth
>>
>>27783227

State's rights motherfucker. Fuck the federal government.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.