[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be a good first gun /k/? pic not related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Engraved colt.jpg (7 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
Engraved colt.jpg
7 KB, 268x188
What would be a good first gun /k/?
pic not related
>>
>>27579279
that file name
>>
Hi-point C9. Cheap and fonctional with a lifetime warranty.
>>
>>27579302
Ok?
>>
>>27579305
Do they break easily?
>>
>>27579314
it's not a Colt it is an engraved CZ 85 combat.
>>27579279
Ruger 10/22 makes a good first gun
>>27579327
They are very durable basically a brick in every aspect (handles like a brick)
>>
>>27579279
>What would be a good first gun /k/?
Something that actually gets you excited. Not a fucking 22 because some shitlord told you to start there.
>>
>>27579279
A bolt action .22 rifle. Single shot if possible. Marlin, Savage, and Ruger all make good ones, you can probably find one for $100-200 on armslist

I started out shooting on a Remington Targetmaster rifle, it taught me a lot about proper posture and follow through because I had to make each shot count.

I would not suggest a handgun unless you immediately need something for self defense, as you may develop a flinch (very bad for accuracy)
>>
File: IMGA02651.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMGA02651.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>27579327
no way! that's why they're highly regarded in the firearms community!
>>
>>27579379
This guy does make a good point.
If you are looking for suggestions what are you planning on doing with it? Just plinking, customizing tacticool, long distance shooting or just collecting out of just interest.
The reason people suggest 22 is because the ammo is cheap and the recoil is light, but I will admit they might not be the most thrilling gun to own but they do work well as practice guns.
>>
>>27579425
googling 'broken x gun' tend to bring up broken guns, yes
>>
>>27579428
>This guy does make a good point.
Buying a gun you don't actually want was never a good idea.
>>27579428
>The reason people suggest 22 is because the ammo is cheap and the recoil is light, but I will admit they might not be the most thrilling gun to own but they do work well as practice guns.
Yup, but 22 is no longer cheap. It's cheap"er" now, but it's not cheap. Once you shoot a real gun, 22lr will just about put you to sleep. I'd sooner get a high speed pellet rifle than a 22 rifle now days. At least I can afford to shoot it all day every day and still get loads of practice. And it's pretty backyard/garage safe with the most minimal of backstops.
>>
>>27579305
If you see hi point anything, followed by something positive, its a troll.

My first gun was a 1939 soviet Tokarev. You want a tough as fuck gun, for under 250 bucks, that will never accidentally break?

If its pre 1950, and solid steel, generally good to go.
>>
>>27579497
This, but just avoid chinese Toks.
>>
s&w 38, like a 637 or 642
>>
>>27579425
Cool, just send it back. They take care of the rest. I know it is fun to shit on hi-point because it's cheap and easy, but you rarely see that level of customer service in this industry
>>
>>27579279
Get a full-sized service or hunting rifle. You'll probably find old milsurp bolt-actions and products like the Remington 700 most comfortably priced and with cheaper ammo, but a CMP Garand or a nice single-shot rifle is fine too. I always recommend this to cover the points made both in >>27579407 and >>27579379.
>>
>>27579279
>wants recommendations
>gives no info on planned use, budget, or local gun laws

Stop giving advice to retards, /k/. And if you do, at least make it bad advice.
>>
>>27579279
fns 9
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.