[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Super B
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: star.png (833 KB, 797x518) Image search: [Google]
star.png
833 KB, 797x518
Does anyone have experience with this gun?

For the most part this seems like a very appealing surplus gun, but I've read several people's accounts that claim they'll jam with heavy ammo and that they can't be carried with a round in the chamber for fear of an AD. Someone else claimed iffy reliability because they were originally chamber for 9mm Largo rather than 9mm Luger, which sounds fucking ludicrous. Any first hand accounts are welcome.
>>
Parts....

They work, but: Mags, firing pins, extractors. The gun is butter-soft.

No, being chambered for 9mm Largo doesn't make them any more reliable as a 9 x 19..

I'd use one if that's all I had, but I'd rather have a Colt.
>>
>>27560049
they were originally chambered in 9mm largo in the star model B, when they changed to luger they changed the name to super B.
>>
>>27560049
>Someone else claimed iffy reliability because they were originally chamber for 9mm Largo rather than 9mm Luger, which sounds fucking ludicrous.

It's true. I had one and sold it for this exact reason, it was constantly jamming. Just save your money and get a 1911.
>>
I don't really want a 1911. I just have an affinity for surplus guns and wanted a cheap 9mm.
>>
They were loathed by the Rh Army, as told in Fireforce the book.

Pass on it.
>>
>>27560049
>Star Super B
Duke Nukem please go.
>>
I just bought one as a first handgun; for $250 I think it makes a fun and fairly comfortable 9mm to fuck around with and learn how to handle a handgun, but I don't know why you would want to carry one. It seems reliable and perfectly functional, but it doesn't do anything particularly well either. Unless you literally can't afford a decent used gun for ~$400 I would buy something else for self defense.
>>
I bought one and even shot it today. Fails to extract way too much, but it's tits accurate. It's the last gun I'd carry though.
>>
>>27560169

Zastava m70a look it up its a tt-33 in 9mm
>>
>>27560049
its good if you want a cheap shooter and you get good mags with it. I have one and have 2 mags, one of the mags works incredibly well(it was the one that came with the gun) and the extra one can be really finnicky at times though putting rounds through it has helped somewhat.

Mine also shoots really nice, I got 2.5-3 inch groups at 25 feet with it but I have heard some examples aren't too accurate. I guess it depends on how much the thing was used originally
>>
>>27560049
i have 3 of them that i bought on jg sales while on sale

So far i havent had and malfuntions with over 1000 rds through one of them
>>
File: 0starmodb1v2.jpg (197 KB, 827x827) Image search: [Google]
0starmodb1v2.jpg
197 KB, 827x827
>>27567180
pic related is mine
>>
File: 0starmodb2v2.jpg (193 KB, 827x827) Image search: [Google]
0starmodb2v2.jpg
193 KB, 827x827
>>27567240
also comes with a neat little manual depending on where you get it from. All in Spanish
>>
Isn't the SUPER B different from the regular model B though? Not op but was looking into a super b too
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.