[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice from /k/ommando ar owners. Long story short
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: k.jpg (97 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
97 KB, 768x1024
Need some advice from /k/ommando ar owners. Long story short after about 100+ rounds downrange I start to get stuck cases, happens with both brass and steel case ammunition. After tapping out the case the next one seems to happen about 50 rounds later.

What would cause these cases to stick randomly? Chamber is perfectly clean before I head out to the range.
>>
Upgrade your extractor.
>>
>>27548452
The round is not fire?
>>
>>27548452
Is the extractor grabbing the rim?

What BCG?
>>
When barrel get hot is round go more in then not come out after fire?
>>
>>27548452
are you alternating between brass and steel cased ammo

steel doesn't expand as much as brass so more crap builds up in the chamber
if you fire brass after that it expands more and the extra build up increases chances of jamming
>>
>>27548452
Bcm sells little extractor upgrade kits. Essentially increases tension. Only $15-18 after shipping. I'd give that a try before anything else really.
>>
>>27548452
whats going on with your chamber, have you cleaned it good, is there lacquer in there?
>>
Op here, I usually shoot brass at one range visit and steel the next. Round has been fired but the rim is ripped off/damaged to it is stuck in there. After getting the case out, i inspect the case and chamber and their both pretty clean without any carbon buildup.

Spikes bcg and nitrade treated barrel if that helps
>>
What is your brand of AR?
>>
>>27548622
Barrel manufacturer?
>>
>>27548653
bought from ar15sport(20"), they dont list the manufacture
>>
>>27548676
Bingo, out of spec chamber.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.