[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /k/. I work in Maryland, not the bumblefuck part of Maryland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: latest.jpg (9 KB, 200x221) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
9 KB, 200x221
Dear /k/. I work in Maryland, not the bumblefuck part of Maryland but like if the Freddie Gray trial ends with anything but guilty then BOB kind of Maryland.

Is it illegal to "carry" a Ruger Mk3 in my car?
I ask and not google because you guys can provide a much cleaner answer. Danke in advance.
>>
you should carry yourself to a non shitty state
>>
You're are better off googling it and looking for a
>.us .gov web address

then use ctrl+f to find what youre looking for.
>>
>>27546557
Google can probably recall Md state carry laws better than some drunk redneck from Louisiana can whos never been nor cared to/about your state.
>>
>>27546594
Fair enough.

>>27546581
I'm trying. Fortunately i live in PA. Now i just need to find work in PA.
>>
>>27546557
To answer your question: Yes. -->>IT IS ILLEGAL<<-- to carry your weapon and ammo in the car.

Maryland law states that when transporting a vehicle from your home to whatever firearms related destination you're going to (Gun smith, range, hunting ground, etc) you MUST have the ammo separate from the gun and not loaded into any magazines nor clips that can be loaded into a firearm as is (e.g. no moonclips). You must also ONLY travel from point A to point B, with those points being your home and your destination and then when returning home the same applies again.

That means you cannot carry your Ruger, or any, gun around in your car legally since you're violating the part that says you need to go from point A to point B only (and yes, technically that covers any and everything from a bathroom break at Exxon, to stopping at your local Gun Store for something on the way).

Now 99% chance you're not going to get caught doing it unless you're A+ grade retarded and put in a gun rack in your back window. But if you do get pulled over and they do search your car and they do find it then you're in for some extra butt fucking.

Also if the time came and you did need to use it as you're stating you're going to get shit for it. So...there ya go.
>>
>>27548731
samefag here.

Answer is different if you managed to get a carry permit.

That wasn't clear when I was writing that.
>>
carry permit is impossible to get here. I know business owners that can't get theirs after several break ins.

You have to be A cop, family of a cop, politician, family of politician, or other assorted local politburo/FM

FM I know got his CCW on his first try, he has a record, and is a manager at dunkin donuts.
>>
Long guns are technically fine in the car if unloaded, but handguns are a no go unless it's in the car for a couple specified reasons which you wouldn't meet. I wouldn't want to get pulled over with a long gun in the car without camo on though.
>>
>>27549160
well, what you need to do is simple. marry a cop
>>
>>27549160
What about military? Active, or guard? Does it matter what unit?

I'm out of a mpc and the guys there tell me it doesn't matter if I break laws concerning magazines and such, never asked about carrying.

Never used my id to buy magazines, but I have bought 30rd mags from wv and taken em home.
>>
>>27547074

Off you go.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.