[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best "tactical" Slug?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: win_superxdefender0128111.jpg (8 KB, 618x343) Image search: [Google]
win_superxdefender0128111.jpg
8 KB, 618x343
I have a short cylinder bore shotgun that won't pattern for shit.

Want to load it with some 2 3/4" slugs.
Maybe put a red dot on it.
Want slugs to long lasting, so I guess sealed?
Low recoil is a plus.
Accurate is a plus.
Cheap is a plus.
Surplus is a plus, I guess.

Want some good shotgun slugs to throw in the closet for the next couple decades.
Suggestions?
>>
File: 14147-DEFAULT-l.jpg (86 KB, 900x696) Image search: [Google]
14147-DEFAULT-l.jpg
86 KB, 900x696
>>27531088

Are these sealed?
How long can they be stored before they're not reliable?
>>
>>27531151
No not sealed. Are you storing them in contact with the elements? No? Dont worry about it.
>>
>>27531267
What if I swim across a river and submerge them and then try to shoot them a month later?
>>
>>27531151
Any other recommendations?
>>
bump

Are there even any milspec slugs? I can only find milspec 00.
>>
Brenneke 3" black magic
>>
>>27531708
THanks for the tip. I'm looking for 2 3/4" but their webpage had these:

http://www.brennekeusa.com/cms/special_forces_short_magnum.html

Definitely the most interesting so far. Just wish I knew how they would hold up to the elements.
>>
>>27531794
nevermind, saw this one:

http://www.brennekeusa.com/cms/fileadmin/BrennekeUSA/Law_enforcement/user_upload/Dokumente/Brenneke_Maximum_Barrier_Penetration_Slug_Information.pdf

>complete through tire and rim, both sides
>complete through engine block
God damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (583 KB, 956x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
583 KB, 956x1280
Haven't shot any of them yet ($2/rd), but I imagine they're brutal.
>>
>>27531828
Never seen brass that tall, not even ashamed to admit it.
>>
I grabbed these Winchester the other day, you might likem. Not sure what the name is but its their defence ammo. Its a 1 oz Slug with 3 copper plated 00 buck pelets in front of it, it patterns into an almost perfect triangular pattern out of my Akdal. Slug is at about 1200fps.
>>
>>27531871
The problem I'm having is that even at like 30' the pattern I'm getting is easily 3' wide. I can't deal with that kind of sloppiness. So, I got some Hornady flight control 00 buck and it patterns inconsistently, sometimes it will be like 5" at 30' and sometimes it will be the 3' wide.
The gun was a gift or I would sell it. It's got a cylinder bore, chrome lined 18" iirc barrel. It's kind of neat in it's way. The plan is to just pair it with slugs and maybe a red dot.

I appreciate the tip but there is no telling where those 3 pellets would end up.
>>
>>27531990
And now you understand how shotguns without chokes and low pellet counts work. Of course with only 3 odds are it's not going to pattern the same fucking way every time.
>>
They're all the fucking same.
>>
>>27532137
Your a condescending little shit aren't you.
Go back to your hole.
>>
>>27532180
Son I don't even own a shotgun and I know how this should work. Use a little critical thinking.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.