[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/ my mother and I want to buy a gun range. As long as it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: swedish subgun comp.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
swedish subgun comp.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1360
So /k/ my mother and I want to buy a gun range. As long as it is in the lower 48 and within two or three hours of a major metropolitan area we are game. Got a budget of $500,000 US (possibly more depending on how well we/I do cashing out on my assets). I want to have a combination store/gunsmith/ range (hopefully out to 600 yards). Anyone know of any land for sale or ranges already open? I am going to get basic control of the inventory and she will keep the books. and control staff. Basically, I run the counter and range, she runs the big show. I will try to keep it kommando friendly and do my best to make it a great place to shoot and shop, but the issue is finding a place. There are so many results its hard to even start.
tl;dr wanna buy/start shooting range/funstore, where to buy or start?
>>
>>24412957
What state are you looking for?
>>
>>24413094
To quote my mother "anything but those anti gun states that has a decent population." So basically no NY, CT, MA or CA.
>>
As much as I would love to see a /k/ friendly range/store, I will go ahead and say that Oregon might not be the best place for this. Seeing as how I can drive in any direction for 15 minutes and shoot on BLM land for free.
>>
>>24413134
Also store. I honestly expect the range will draw folks in and the store will make the money. But I did spend time in Maine (similar situation) and it was a bitch to find anything over 300 yards to shoot. Probably imposible to find a safe 600 yard line of site (that wasnt a road).
>>
>>24413173

We have one outdoor range here in southern Oregon and it sucks pretty hard. Think it maxes out at 300-400 yards and the ROs are all complete asshole fudds. Shit sucks bro.
>>
>>24413212
I honestly am concerned about being able to hire non assholefudds as RSOs. I probably would wind up basically having it non supervised except via cameras during slow times. I think RSOs dont make the ranges safer to be honest.
>>
>>24413119
What about Ohio?
>>
>>24413269
Absolutely. We DO NOT CARE what state so long as the range is a good location within that state. Got a link to the add for said location?
>>
>>24413309
Well, i spoke with the owner of the range i go to and he said it was a total bitch it get the place zoned in the city. He operates an indoor range in Maumee, Ohio, not very long, mostly good for pistols anyway.

There are very few places in my area and would be a godsend that could allow a decent 100 yard range without driving an hour to get to.

Plus most gun shops in the area are grossly over priced.

So far I'm thinking Swanton, Ohio or on the outskirts of Perrysburg since that is mostly farmland with a lot of industrial zoning.
>>
>>24413410
Do you have a link? I am a southern New england guy and do not know that part of the country.
>>
>>24413410
Us folks in the Cleveland/Akron area have next to NOTHING. We have one decent outdoor range. Build something between these two cities, and you're set.
>>
>>24413426
Here's Swanton:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Swanton,+OH+43558/@41.5806964,-83.8887484,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x883c6861dc86d897:0x51cbd95745344c26

Here's Perryburg:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Perrysburg,+OH/@41.5123115,-83.5647083,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x883c74e140f2e955:0xd5022ce50222ff51
>>
>>24413457
How far are those from Swanton area? Id like to hit as many areas as possible to draw from (pun intended)
>>24413475
thank you. do you know of any properties for sale there?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.