[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legendary Quotations Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 23
File: 1399325917497.jpg (65 KB, 500x590) Image search: [Google]
1399325917497.jpg
65 KB, 500x590
Can we get a /k/-related quotations thread going?

>No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. - George S. Patton

>If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. - Niccolo Machiavelli

>It's alarming that military intervention in internal conflicts in foreign countries has become commonplace for the United States. - Vladimir Putin, Master Troll
>>
Can you load a 7.62x39 bullet into a 7.62x25 case to make it more powerful similar to the manner 460 rowland makes such power?

Imagine you had a firearm that could chamber it safely, how well would it work?
>>
>>23392486

Nice misfire, Anon. Thanks for the bump.
>>
>>23392498
Oh fuck I'm retarded.

I somehow misread quotations as questions and was really confused at the content of the thread.

Fuck me.
>>
>>23392521

Good recovery though. Tap-rack-bang.

This one seems (sadly) accurate in light of recent events:

>...surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination from within, the murder of leading men, overwhelming attacks on all weak points in the enemy's defense, sudden attacks, all in the same second, without regard for reserves or losses: that is the war of the future. - Adolf Hitler
>>
File: 1383524065247.gif (2 MB, 366x251) Image search: [Google]
1383524065247.gif
2 MB, 366x251
Bumping with a gif of a man being executed by means of a recoilless rifle.
>>
The Browning is jammed. I am saying 'driver advance' on the A set and the driver, who can't hear me, is reversing. And as I look over the top of the turret and see twelve enemy tanks fifty yards away, someone hands me a cheese sandwich.
>>
File: Europe_Serov.jpg (128 KB, 1000x698) Image search: [Google]
Europe_Serov.jpg
128 KB, 1000x698
>What is permissible for Jove is not permissible for an ox. But the bear won't be asking for permission. - V.V. Putin, Master Troll :)
http://eng.kremlin.ru/transcripts/23137
>>
>>23392611
why do they call it a recoilless rifle when the dude has to brace for recoil?
>>
"When we hang the Capitalists, they will sell us the rope" - Joseph Stalin

"Lord unto your hands, I commend my spirit" - Mother fucking Jesus

"I know you've come to kill me. Shoot coward, you are only going to kill a man." - Che Guevara
>>
File: 1376191575414.jpg (78 KB, 640x944) Image search: [Google]
1376191575414.jpg
78 KB, 640x944
>>23392442
>>
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all."- James Mattis
>>
>>23392442
This.Fucking.Guy. Right here bitches.
>>
>>23394739

Now that's legendary.
>>
>>23392611
If I am to be executed

This is the execution i shall demand.
>>
>>23394739
Thats pretty bad ass.
>>
>>23394879
there was a welfare state in roman times?
>>
>>23395064
Yep. The people in Italy were exempt from tax under most emperors. Some dynasties had more welfare then others. When Augustus took over, he borrowed a bunch of money to give to the plebs and buy them bread.One emperor even gave 35 denari to every citizen in Rome when he took over. It was all about winning the mob over. Like how democrats are pretty much able to buy votes from the poor today.
>>
>>23395064

What do you think Bread and circuses was?
>>
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - Some Union general before being shot in the head
>>
>>23395112
MTv and mcdonalds
>>
>>23392728
I will never understand this quote. I think I am missing the context or something.
>>
>>23394319
its called a recoil-less rifle, not a recoil-no rifle
stupid
>>
File: 1347936984304.jpg (21 KB, 460x261) Image search: [Google]
1347936984304.jpg
21 KB, 460x261
>>23396817
oh, and relevant i guess
>>
>>23396798
It's a Brit officer talking smack about an American tank.
>>
File: 1373507068998.jpg (4 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
1373507068998.jpg
4 MB, 3648x2736
>>23392442
Two-time MOH recipient
>>
File: 1376190911212.jpg (256 KB, 1650x1050) Image search: [Google]
1376190911212.jpg
256 KB, 1650x1050
>>23396880
Believe Theodore Roosevelt said this.
>>
>>23396899
Fredrick the great did as well, it's been said many times over history. Also starship troopers.
>>
>>23392442
putin forgot to add:

>this does not apply to russian minorities and other assorted vatnik shitbags nigging it up in other countries. They obviously have god-given right to stir up all shit they want, demand whatever they want, and start a fucking civil war when they feel like it.

What a piece of shit hypocrite.
>>
>>23394717

'I am Che. Don't kill me. I have failed.'

-Che "Faggot" Guevara
>>
>>23396922
Putin never said that.

Half of the quotes in here are total bullshit anyways. It's nothing to put a quote next to a picture of somebody. Check all quotes before claiming them as fact.
>>
File: 1414131195144.jpg (68 KB, 455x608) Image search: [Google]
1414131195144.jpg
68 KB, 455x608
DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

1,000 days of evasion are better than one day of captivity

"But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live. Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom. Only a person who risks is free. The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjusts the sails.(William Arthur Ward)"

"So you have enemies. Good. You must have stood up for something, sometime in your life."

“Anyone who clings to the historically untrue -- and -- thoroughly immoral doctrine that violence never solves anything I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler would referee. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms.”
-Heinlein

“Is killing a known terrorist wrong? I ask this, did the terrorist allow any of his victims quarter? No, then allow him no quarter, and hoist the black flag.”
T.R. Wallace

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
File: The New Colossus.jpg (113 KB, 550x446) Image search: [Google]
The New Colossus.jpg
113 KB, 550x446
>>23392442
>America could learn something from this speech

You could learn something from this one
>>
>>23397026

Yeah, we tried this one and America is now done. I think Putin has it right.
>>
>>23397067
>America is now done

Except it isn't, and won't be for a long time.
>>
>>23397075

Obama-bot detected.
>>
>>23397080
If you say so
>>
>>23397083

If you can't see the sharp decline of the United States over the last six years, and if you don't realize that making ~30 million of South America's most undesirables instant citizens won't finish the job, you are probably a leftist shill.

It's simple math.
>>
>>23397102
If you can't see that America has had its ups and downs throughout history and has always sprung back with gusto, then you need to take Putin's cock out of your mouth and look at Russian quality of life. It's been on a decline for 40 years.

Obama's term is almost up, one man can't run the country for an indefinite amount of time like they can in Russia.
>>
>>23397113
>putin didnt rescued mother russia
>>
>>23397124
I can't hear you with your face mashed up against Putin's crotch.

You should lay off the cheap vodka and stop dryhumping your SKS.
>>
Being open to the starving huddled masses and being clear on the stance of not giving a fuck about your stupid laws and that to come here means going through the effort of adapting to how we do things, and leaving some of your old ways behind... Those are not mutually exclusive.

Putin isn't saying immigrants stay out exactly, just if you come here be prepared to act like a goddamn Russian and live like a goddamn Russian. The US was not terribly different up until recently if any of my older family is to be believed. We have too many pussies that bend to every lazy fucker who doesn't wanna change their lifestyle from their shithole yet expect their life to be better simply because they are here.

Well by default it will be, we don't have to do more for them than anyone else.
>>
>>23392442
War is not about who is right, its about who is left.
>>
>>23397124
I thought oil prices rescued Russia
>>
>>23397026
Even back when that was made, we acted like Putin suggested. Immigrants were expected to assimilate.

Melting pot, not mixing bowl faggot.
>>
>>23392442
Putin is based as fuark
>>
>>23397136
>I'm gonna bait you in just a second, anon, but first I have to pick Obama's pubes out of my throat.
>>
File: 1411573825923.jpg (524 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
1411573825923.jpg
524 KB, 1224x1632
>>23392442
Except of course Putin never said that, and that quote is made up.

Islamophobes and racists are so easily fooled.

>but, but I saw it written on a picture on facebook!!!
>>
>>23394879
>>23395109
>>23395064
>The people in Italy were exempt from tax under most emperors.
No.

The rich people in Italy were exempt from taxes, considering they were the ones filling up the Senate, which made all the laws (see where this is going?).

Free citizen farmers bore the brunt of the taxes, if they couldn't afford to pay them, the government would seize their land, which would be bought and consolidated by one of the land-owning rich, who relied more on cheap slaves than the now out of work farmers, for labour. Bereft of their land (many of these farmers were former soldiers, whose land was seized while they were away) the former farmers went to the cities looking for work, and found very little, since slaves had displaced urban workforces as well. The Crassus, of Spartacus fame, built his fortune doing this! At its height, the unemployment rate of Rome was 25%!!!

The result of this was the decline of the Roman middle class, over hundreds of years, ultimately resulting in the serfdom system that stymied us for hundreds of years after. As even skilled labour became cheap, when the skills didn't disapeer entirely.
>>
>>23397176
I don't really care for Obama but you're an idiot if you think Russia is better off than the US.
>>
>>23396965
>shooting an wounded man, who has asthma, in his bed
>so proud of it they bury him in the middle of the jungle, hoping he'll never be found
I bet those anti-communists were some brave, brave men
>>
>>23397190
>if you think Russia is better off than the US.

I don't, but that's not the point, now is it, anon?

BTW do you spit or swallow that POTUS load?
>>
>>23397197
Don't forget chopping off his hands!
>>
>>23397197
>shooting a confirmed terrorist AND racist

Sounds good to me!
>>
>>23394319
because if it weren't designed in the particular way of a recoiless rifle, the recoil would be such that it would tear your arm off.
>>
>>23397102
>blaming the decline of America on latinos
>not rampant greed
>not two major wars (possibly 3-4 soon)
>not two corrupt and ineffective governments
Yeah, you've got things clearly in perspective.
>>
>>23397182
Pass me the fucking butter
-Adolf Hitler
>>
>>23397208
>I don't really care for Obama
>BTW do you spit or swallow that POTUS load?
Desperate much? Why are you so fixated on Obama's cock? Inferiority complex?
>>
>>23397222

>ignoring the hundreds of billions that are spent on welfare to illegals
>ignoring the increase in that spending that would result in the overnight increase of 30 million shit-tier "citizens"
>ignoring that granting amnesty a second time would invite yet millions more of bottom feeders

>implying I don't have proper perspective

el oh el, anon
>>
>>23397238
>Why are you so fixated on Obama's cock?
>Let me talk more about Putin's cock.

you are a funny guy!
>>
>>23397222
>two corrupt and ineffective governments
>TWO

Way more than that.

>>23397242
He said that though.

>corrupt and ineffective governments
>>
>>23397197
>Giving a fuck about a delusional Commie bastard
>>
>>23397260
Well I figure the last 2 have had more to do with 'American decline' than the ones before them.
>>
>>23392442

"Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”
>>
>>23397277
You might be right.

They have certainly been the most noticeable ones. I don't know if that's because they are the worst, the mass spread of information now, or just a build up to the fall.
>>
File: 1373770169676.png (140 KB, 401x720) Image search: [Google]
1373770169676.png
140 KB, 401x720
The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-Hon. Alex Kozinski (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)
>>
>>23396821
Actually that was JFK who said "We shouldn't pray for easier lives, we should pray to be stronger men" or something to that effect.
>>
File: 1402434708761.jpg (100 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1402434708761.jpg
100 KB, 600x600
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he’s finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son’s diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

-Anthony Swofford
>>
>>23397295
The economic collapse combined with overspending on the wars were the first two nails.

Slow recovery, weak government on domestic issues, and the overall deadlock of the government, have been major stumbling blocks in getting things back in order. Sadly Obama turned out to be better at campaigning than running the country, even if the GOP bears a lot of blame for digging in their heels on so many issues purely out of spite.. I think in any other climate, he would have been an 'okay' President (like Bush Sr, or Clinton), but not a Great one.

The point is, pretty much everyone in a position of power (economic and bureaucratic) deserves some of the blame, because they haven't done enough to respond to the economic crisis, and restore stability and confidence of people in the system. It's too much to hope for another JP Morgan to come along, and just inject money into the stock market, to help make up the books of all the transactions dealing with money that was math-ed into existence.
>>
>>23395109
>One emperor even gave 35 denari to every citizen in Rome when he took over. It was all about winning the mob over.
Jesus this has been happening for over 2000 years.
>>
You know, it seems to me like the central cause of almost every major problem in the known world is that living costs time and effort.

Starving kids in Ethiopia starve because nobody can make enough food to have any left for them.
Wars are fought over the supplies needed to keep us living comfortably--the oils and lands of others.
And corrupt officials search greedily for money, because they need food, and because the people who build their mansions need food, and because the people who make their fast cars and luxury jets need food.

"Welfare" is just a patch for this hole in the world--and, though a properly-organized welfare system can keep someone from starving, the one we have is not organized well at all, and it still isn't a permanent solution.
Nor is the destruction of Capitalism going to solve anything; all that will do is make it harder to understand whether or not the farmer will give you his wheat, and the baker his bread. In fact, nobody has made a Communism on a large scale without turning it back into a Capitalism by creating a currency.

What we really need is immortality--the ability to live without needing food, water, shelter, or any sorts of things. And even then, there will be conflict and corruption, because we've shown time and again that we'll even fight over things that we don't need.
>>
File: (. .).jpg (59 KB, 560x828) Image search: [Google]
(. .).jpg
59 KB, 560x828
>>23397465
Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>23397184
Simply fascinating, thanks.

It's amazing how the effect of slave labor in Rome mirrors the effect of immigrant workers or illegal workers today.
>>
>>23397465
...in the defense of the Obamaphone, you need an internet connection and a printer to be able to apply to some jobs. And the ones that don't need a printer still need the internet connection.
And even with the few places that don't force you to spend a few hundred dollars on a computer and another 50-100 a month for the internet, you need a way to be contacted.

Put simply, they do need to get off their asses and work, and that'll be good for them--but before they get to work, they need things that only money can buy.
>>
>>23397465
You just now figured this out?

Those who not know history, condemned to repeat, etc.
>>
File: sniper saving private ryan.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sniper saving private ryan.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
"This is the law:
There is no possible victory in defense,
The sword is more important than the shield,
And skill is more important than either,
The final weapon is the brain.
All else is supplemental."

-- John Steinbeck
>>
File: harden the fuck up d-day.jpg (971 KB, 2048x1467) Image search: [Google]
harden the fuck up d-day.jpg
971 KB, 2048x1467
It is missing the point to think that the martial art is solely in cutting a man down; it is in killing evil. It is in the stratagem of killing the evil of one man and giving life to ten thousand.

—Yagyu Munenori
>>
File: maronite kid.jpg (29 KB, 435x289) Image search: [Google]
maronite kid.jpg
29 KB, 435x289
Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

--Joel 3:10
>>
>>23392442
except it's fake, like most things this guy supposely said
>>
>>23392728
Way to butcher the quote and make it completely lose its context.
"The 75mm is firing, and the 37mm is firing but traversing round the wrong way. The Browning has jammed. I am saying ‘driver advance’ on the radio set and the driver, who cannot hear me, is reversing and as I look out of the top of the turret and see 12 enemy tanks 50 yards away someone hands me a cheese sandwich.”

>>23396798
Its a bong talking about serving in the m3 lee.
>>
>>23397197
Should've pissed on him too
>>
Soldiers care not if you're holding a sign saying " peace" on it, card doesn't stop a bullet
>>
File: 1414277524745.jpg (111 KB, 539x761) Image search: [Google]
1414277524745.jpg
111 KB, 539x761
>>23397600
9th Crusade When?
>>
>>23397837
But I'm not Catholic
>>
>>23397837
You of meanings 10th.
>>
>>23394879
>People must once again learn to work

Says the fucking patrician who sends men to war, stopping them from working their land, forcing them to sell it at low prices, then using the slaves captured in this war to work it for him. Cicero you are a great poet but fuck your political views
>>
>>23396857

Seems as if his retarded crew got into that situation regardless of how shitty the tank was.
>>
>>23397837
ITT: /k/ makes a country using Catholicfags for support. Ninth Crusade now.
>>
>>23397485
Start studying ancient Rome, particularly politics and foreign policy, and you will find alot more parallels with the USA, and its decline.
>>
File: .jpg (344 KB, 807x808) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
344 KB, 807x808
Some tripfag did this one, so not sure how /k/ it is.

Anyone have original cap?
>>
>>23397944
>grammatical error underlines

You had one job
>>
>>23397102
>america is declining muh immigrants
>no mention of the financial collapse of 2008
>or the recession we're still in
>>>/pol/ is thataway.
>>
>>23397978
Not my cap, hence why I wanted a non-shitty one.

>Dat shit unreadable font.
>On a long hand quote.
>>
>>23397905
He was right though, and even today, he is still right.
>>23397184
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vespasian
Read up on these tax reforms. Also, a law would eventually be made that you had to hire 2 workers for every 3 slaves you had.
>>
>>23397218
>forgetting anti semite
>>
>>23398076
I'm just saying it's amazingly hypocritical to tell people to get a job after you seize their livelihood and actively promotes unemployment.
>>
>>23392573
Every time I see a quote from Einstein, Hitler, Churchill or Gandhi, I assume it's falsely attributed.
>>
>>23398136
I agree, but I think if US is going to have to listen to him, or suffer the same decline Rome did.
>>
>>23398148
"Every time I see a quote from Einstein, Hitler, Churchill or Gandhi, I assume it's falsely attributed."
Putin, V
>>
>>23392442
"stop quoting me"
-sun tzu-
>>
>>23398148
That's why you look them up
>>
>>23397403
>GOP bears a lot of blame for digging in their heels on so many issues purely out of spite..
> out of spite

Nope, not out of spite at all. If they ran on a campaign of not supporting X Y or Z and their constituents elected them to stop X Y and Z, then their job is to try and stop X Y and Z.
>>
>>23397556
>The sword is more important than the shield
Confirmed for knowing shit about sword fighting.
>>
>>23398159
Honestly, I think the decline is bound to happen either way. After all, America's great rise came from the economic vaccuum created by the destruction of Europe after two world wars. Now, not only the US fights for space against a restored Europe but with several other countries that were jumpstarted into modernity in the last 50 years.

I think the greatest tragedy of the US in the last decades though, was losing her manufacturing base. I know the most market driven minds here will call me out on this, but taking protectionist measures and even punishing enterprises sending their industries over seas for cheaper labor are the best way to fight the decline
>>
Probably the most /k/ related quote I can think of right now is from one of my favorite songs.

"To find the meaning of hidden truth,
Do what thou wilt, and arise with thy power
If love is the law, love under will.
Destroy all that leads you astray
This is the end, the beginning of the wrath
Where time stands still, for those with no time left.
Embrace the cold, the bitter unknown
A sacred walk, now is the time.
Transitioning from earthly to eternal
A voiceless echo resounds
A shallow crater engulfs them all
ARISE
you are alive"
>>
>>23392442
"fuck bitches, smoke trees, get money"
-The MotherFucking G'Wash-
>>
"Being shelled is the real work of an infantry soldier, which no one talks about. Everyone has his own way of going about it. In general, it means lying face down and contracting your body into a small a space as possible."- Louis Simpson
>>
"Let's go, boys! We've got the damn Yankees on the run again!" - US Army Major General Joseph Wheeler, an ex-Confederate officer, confusing his wars at the battle of San Juan Hill during the Spanish-American War.
>>
>>23392442
he never really said that
>>
>>23398518

Whoops, it was supposedly at the Battle of Las Guasimas that he yelled this, not the Battle of San Juan Hill.
>>
>>23398256
+1
>>
>>23397182
Oh boy, I never checked my privilege as hard as I did reading you post. Please forgive me.
>>
"Here I am, here you are. War to the Turks"
Milos Obrenovic
>>
>>23398279
>even punishing enterprises sending their industries over seas for cheaper labor
You simply move your business location out of the United States into a country who would be more than willing to accept you.
>>
>>23398263
would you rather have a shield, and no sword, or a sword and no shield?
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.