[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan in China
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: JapaneseTroopsManchurianPlains.jpg (129 KB, 1175x749) Image search: [Google]
JapaneseTroopsManchurianPlains.jpg
129 KB, 1175x749
Whilst it is much discussed about the Pacific side of the Japanese in WW2, I think we could talk about Japan's campaing in China.

What does /k/ think about it? How was the campaing in Manchuria? What about core China? How fucked up was the army when faced with Chinese guerillas? What could have been done for better results to be achieved?
>>
It's just not very interesting.
>Jap kills Chink
>Jap gets tired of killing Chinks
>repeat
>>
It was a pretty miserable campaign for both sides. Japan was actually stuck in a quagmire, bogging down 1 million + men in some pretty heavy fighting. They had taken upwards of 500,000 casualties in China even before bombing pearl harbor and opening up a 2nd front for them.

China for its part couldn't throw out the Japanese and was just trying to outlast them, enduring huge atrocities against civilians and enormous losses along the way.

It was also the most old-fashioned front of WW2. Cavalry, long infantry marches, and classic artillery dominated the fighting all the way until 1945.
>>
File: WWII - Rape of Nanking 2.jpg (59 KB, 1036x681) Image search: [Google]
WWII - Rape of Nanking 2.jpg
59 KB, 1036x681
>>30504783
Manchuria went well for the Jap's actually, it was when they advanced further into China proper that they were met with resistance in abundance.

Of course, they met more resistance with more brutality. I can't begin to describe what they did... Nanking being the worst case IMO
>>
File: rape of nanking kids.jpg (43 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
rape of nanking kids.jpg
43 KB, 500x307
>>30506286
I mean, come on. They were just kids.
>>
Stop spelling 'campaign' as 'campaing'
>>
>>30506286
>>30506301
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

Good work Chang! 10 Yuan is deposited to your account.
>>
>>30506301
naking is gook lies.
>>
>>30506301
That old world indifference concerning what's right or wrong in the waste of war will return with time. Those were many killed, many gruesome acts by men in uniforms, I can hardly imagine how the future will process another world war, especially if it forms around Asia.
>>
File: Contest_To_Cut_Down_100_People.jpg (162 KB, 642x568) Image search: [Google]
Contest_To_Cut_Down_100_People.jpg
162 KB, 642x568
>>30504783
Filthy chinese love ancestral steel
>>
>>30504783
>What could have been done for better results to be achieved?
Wide spread use of chemical weapons.
Massacre civilians with gas. Fucking destroy the Chinese with poison gas.
Why the fuck do you need to waste so much time fighting for a city when you can just fly over it with a hundred G3Ms deploying gas. The Japanese did have the technology and they could have used it. And nobody would be able to do a thing about it, only bitch.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.