[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CZ Dickery or Czechnological advancement?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1691) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1691
O/k/, so I've got the itch for a new pistol but seen plenty of threads bitching about CZ pistols and would prefer not to get honey dicked. Not sure if it's the actual pistols or the users/fans that are the issue. Are the 75/SP01's to be trusted or avoided? Before polysperg I'm looking for DAT STEEL frame only. Give it to me raw
>>
>>30485082
they work but or more maintenance intensive than modern guns. cz cant make a fucking spring that lasts. if everything's maintained its a nice gun thats comparatively heavy since its steel with a hard to rack slide. its hard to rack since its smaller but its easy to compensate. ergonomics are godlike enough for people to ignore the flaws.
stock triggers are mediocre to pretty decent the more you shoot the smoother it gets. aftermarket triggers are godlike.
for practical use buy a glock for range use cz all the way.
oh yeah toolmarks everywhere
>>
>>30485172
Wanted a CZ for a bit started looking at CGW upgrade packages which has only made it worse. Would run it through it's paces, once at 2k rounds send it off for either pro or defensive offerings.

Previously had a Jericho and regretted trading it off. The CZ tool marks wouldn't bother me long as it functions, springs are replaceable and maintenance is a enjoyable hobby when it comes to pistols. Thanks for the feedback
>>
>>30485339
oh if you do plan on doing a lot of self maintenance buy the safety model. the decocker is a royal pain in the ass to reassemble. the omegas let you swap between having safety or decocker installed but the aftermarket isnt there yet. you wont find omega custom triggers etc.
>>
>>30485082
faggots that read gunsmith cats as an introductory thing prior to browsing /k/ then jerking off to a noguns jap's opinion (which is worth nothing) about what is the best gun. The 'best' gun being the cz75. This is the same case where you inquire about the 941 and some smarmy faggot will chime in mentioning cowboy bebop without really offering any technical information.

pair that up with the average faggot here not being able to hit shit with a real da/sa like a sig so they can get away with using it cocked with the safety on.

They're okay guns but they're circlejerked to hell and back on /k/ for all the wrong reasons. The people who say the cz is shit are just fed up with the ridiculous cz fanboying /k/ has.
>>
>>30485082
/k/ will lead you to believe that they are the be all end all of pistols. They aten't bad, but highly refined or multiuse they are not.

>muh polysperg
The problem here is you, not the guns. Alloy frames are actually more prone to cracking than polymer frames.

>I'm looking for DAT STEEL frame only
The SP-01 has an aluminum alloy frame.

>>30485172
>cz cant make a fucking spring that lasts
I've never even heard of this being an issue and suspect that you made it up just now for a (You).
>>
>>30485396
google cz trigger return spring then shut the fuck up
the p01 is the one with an aluminum alloy frame
the sp01 is all steel
>>
>>30485422
>google cz trigger return spring then shut the fuck up
Google any gun with the word "problem" or "spring failure," then kill yourself.
>the sp01 is all steel
I stand corrected.
>>
>>30485377
That sucks, 75BD was at the top of the list. Guess it's 85 Combat and the SP01 then. just watched disassembly vid, decocker does seem more of a pain in the ass
>>
>>30485515
just get a 75b if you like the 75bd
>>
>>30485082
Well in Europe every single serious sports shooter is rocking a tricked out cz. The stock ones are nothing special but still as trustworthy as any other common service pistol.

For example the Cz tactical sport is one of the nicest competition guns under $2k out there.

I'm a glock guy myself, mostly because it's what I'll be issued by our armed forces when shtf so it makes sense to get my own to train with, but I believe that you can't go wrong with a Cz. With all the aftermarket parts you can find your own sweet spot between a duty gun and a nice shooter.

The talk about parts wearing out and needing replacing is no differrent from say a glock. We are talking about changing springs and parts between 10 000 to 20 000 rounds. Personally if I was trusting my life on the gun I'd keep all the springs as fresh as possible anyways.
>>
I've had a cz 75b since 1999 and I've never had a problem with it, it's great.
>>
OP here, is the 75B a better option then the 85 Combat? Read about the lack of a block making it easier to work on and improved trigger pull but that benefit seems moot if sending it off for gunsmith work
>>
File: 75SS_DSC_0009.jpg (44 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
75SS_DSC_0009.jpg
44 KB, 500x312
Sexy things for Jesus
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30485082
While I don't have a 75 or an SP01, I have an 82 and a Jericho, and therefore I love the design of the 75/SP01, and if it's got anywhere near the quality of my 82 it's excellent, so I'd say just to get one anon.

So yeah.
Also, you'll get used to the slide, and as long as you don't have chronically sweaty hands it's fine.
The weight is literally the only problem with these types of guns.
>>
>>30485422
lmao you told him brah
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=11&t=316808
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-195983.html
http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/66392-Ruger-10-22-failure-to-extract-100
the 10/22 is a pos too hahah lmao
>>
>>30488483
Sweaty hands here.

I fucked up the first time I racked the slide on my friend's new SP01. I made a blood sacrifice to Czechnology.
>>
>>30489128
how? did the slide bite you from the front?
>>
File: 20160121_092728.jpg (980 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160121_092728.jpg
980 KB, 2560x1536
>>30485082
Cz75b's are pretty nice, great ergonomics

Certainly doesn't have the trigger of a 1911 or sig though. If you can afford one Czech out a p226 before you buy a cz.

Actual cz75b owner
Best $524 ever
>>
SP-01 owner here.
Pros
Shoots like sex
Feels like sex
Very accurate
Natural point to it
Night sights are very good on this weapon
Has a mount for springy stringy thing

Cons
Mags are more expensive than a Glock
No meme tier 33 round Glock mags
Heavier than Glock
Trigger is OK. not great.

Some say that the slide is hard to rack. I play the guitar and drums. Also garden as a hobby.
I have a witness 10mm with 22lb spring and I don't find it hard to rack. So cannot really answer on this. Hand strength not an issue.

Some folks complain about the weight. I'm not a girly bitch so the weight doesn't bother me. I think it attributes to how well the pistol shoots.

I had purchased many pistols prior to this one, but have not bought another since.

Buy a Glock if you just want to have something on hand to shoot rounds.
CZ is a great gun for the money for a better shooting pistol while not paying the price of the better SIGS and what not.
>>
>>30489273
Only tried the 226 & 239. Nice but not my cup of tea. Have a 21SF myself and looking to add a G20 slide to it after I pick up the CZ.
>>
>>30489195
I tried to grip it over the top like I would my Mak and my fingers slipped a bit. I'm used to big dumb slides.
>>
>>30489325
>P226 not my cup of tea
What did you not like about it, other than price?
>>
>>30485455
>Google any gun with the word "problem" or "spring failure," then kill yourself.

Look faggot, I know that's normally a half decent point but if you had actually done what he said you would see it's not the fact that smalls parts break, it's the rate at which they fail that's problematic. Go be a smug bitch elsewhere.

Slide stops, TRS and fanboys are the cz75s failing. Not the whole design, just the cz
>>
>>30489350
>it's not the fact that smalls parts break, it's the rate at which they fail that's problematic.
You can't tell that from a Google search. I know you never went to college and learned about how to do research, but this should be common sense. The only thing you can tell from a Google search is the rate at which people complain about the issue. You are assuming that this correlates with the rate at which there are failures, but there are a lot of reasons why this probably isn't the case.
>>
>>30489281
>Cons
>Mags are more expensive than a Glock
$20 for Mec Gar mags is pretty nice.
>No meme tier 33 round Glock mags
There is a 26 round mag available.
>>
>>30489281
have you tried switching out the trigger or having someone work on it?

https://youtu.be/4xJA1Eq2kJc
>>
>>30489387
Thank you based anon!
The 33 rounders were just a joke but I'll get some Mec Gar mags.

>>30489451
I haven't. Either it got better or I became used to it.
Truth is that the gun shoots so damn well. It just puts rounds where you think they should land.
I may look into to doing some trigger work when some more rearward projects get finished up.
>>
Both CZ75s I've shot worked perfectly. I have a p07, and it needed about 500 rounds to break in before it was reliable. Since then, it has run 100% through a few courses, regular range time, and competition (~2000 rounds total)
>>
>>30489370
so much defensive denial of truth. is the cz then only gun you own?
>>
File: czech.jpg (53 KB, 438x584) Image search: [Google]
czech.jpg
53 KB, 438x584
Can't speak for SP01 models but I believe the 75 is without doubt one of the finest 9mm handguns ever made. And I've shot most that there is to shoot. I think the pistol embodies the high quality that we've seen Czech firearm industry put out over the last century or so.

pic related: my BD model
>>
Looking to get one of those p07s with the threaded barrel and suppressor sights? Good or bad idea? Already have a glock 19 and I'm planning on getting a can "eventually"
>>
>>30485082

I'll cut away the bullshit.

A garden-variety CZ-75 is just long in the tooth compared to more modern service handguns. Just like the 92fs and P226 (and even SP-01, 92A1, and 226R), you really have to reach to rationalize one over a P30L, G17, XDm, or M&P, which are all lighter and more refined. Performance on the P-09 and P-07 remains to be seen although they've been well received (full disclosure that I've had ammunition-related failures in the first 500 rounds of mine.

CZ-75s have proven small parts durability issues at higher-end round counts, namely slide stops. This isn't really that big of a deal in practice, since it's just routine maintenance, but it's indicative that it is still an unrefined design. It is one of the first real wonder nines and it's absurd to suggest we haven't been able to make a better service handgun in the past 40 years.

However

As a range toy, or competition gun, the CZ-75 family is really excellent. The CZ is one of the most common guns in USPSA because of how nicely the upper end models shoot out of the box, the great price point, and how excellent the aftermarket support is. In this setting, heavier metal frames, and great ergonomics are more important, and the guns can be pampered a little. If you look at the actual product lineup, this is what CZ is clearly marketing towards anyways.

So yes, some of the hype is justified. They're top tier handguns in the proper setting, but mediocre outside of it.
>>
In regards to the weaker parts that known to fail is there any aftermarket that sells improvements? Like a tooled steel or hardened slide stop?
>>
>>30492789
there are better springs form wolff,czcustom, and cajun gunworks. you should think of the slidestops like Beretta 92 locking block its going to break eventually just have a replacement on hand
>>
>>30492789
Most people will own a CZ 75 their whole life and never have any parts fail. Most of these observations come from pistol class instructors after supervising maybe 20 students a week who are each shooting 1000 rounds per person in their classes, and teaching classes 52 weeks a year. We're talking about observations of hundreds of thousands of rounds shot through some gun models. Not to say that those aren't valid observations, but if you're a normal person shooting your gun a normal amount, it's unlikely that you'll have issues.
>>
File: 20160703_215652.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160703_215652.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>30485082
They are fine guns. Not the best and not the worst. Pic related is my P-01, 75b and SP-01. If you like guns you will like them.
>>
Anyone here have any experience with ramis? Are the grips at all smaller than the sp01 grips? I have small hands and dont have the best grip on the sp01 so Im wondering if I could hold a rami better. I can hold and fire an sp01 in DA but i have to do it with the back of the gun in the middle of my thumb instead of at the botto of my thumb so its in line with my elbow
>>
>>30493686
Which would be your favorite of the three?
>>
>>30494969
I like the P-01 a lot because I carry it and once you get used to shooting compacts with a bit of a shorter barrel it's really fun and I feel very in tune with each round I send downrange.

I've been shooting for a very, very long time though and been through many gun phases; 1911s with tricked triggers, glock love, .45 fetishism, wheel guns, I even once got really into handloading .38 super, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I will have a new favorite tomorrow.

The SP-01 is a great range toy and mine has a Cajun Gun Works tune up so it's fun times but I do prefer the mini version of it, the P-01 stock, currently. Only bad thing about it is the decocker. Decockers will always be for fags.
>>
>>30491823

Lol, G17 not long in the tooth? It was introduced in 1982.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.