[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prepper Daily?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: stalker_team.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
stalker_team.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
Any advice to begin prepping for when shit hits the fan?

Must have weapons, what kind of gasmasks to get, and general prepping?
>>
>>30445245
spend most of your money on getting fit and getting trained. then things like non perishable food, water purification - things to take to subsist for long periods in the wilderness

all your gear put together on a ruck should weight more than 1/3rd your body weight.
>>
>>30445245
Weapons:
-Knife
-.22lr
-Glock 17
-AK 47

In that order
>>
>>30445245
focus on skills first then gear later.

skills will supplant your need and want for useless gear.

when you discover what gear you will need, buy only top quality.

/k/ and /out/ is NOT the place to learn about top quality, as everyone tries to justify purchases and those with more money will buy things just to rub it in the faces of those who dont.

use your gear extensively in non life threatening situations BEFORE you depend on it to save your life.

You never own more than you can carry on your back at a dead run
>>
>>30445427
any tips for working out, and survival skills training?
>>
>>30445742
Hiking/ camping with your gear set up while mastering the use of your items
>for example building and starting a fire in various conditions
>>
>>30445245
My copypasta from a thread two weeks ago. I really want to put something together with links to the most informative sites and recomansations on the best foods meds and equiptment to buuy. Learniong about solar power grids will be the difference between living like a caveman and having an existence that isn't hell.
I'll start with the most important items and go from there, I have 5 posts ready to go. I couldeasily post 500,000 words on this topic and back everything up with links to provide citation but I'll just say this. Go and find out what is going on in Venizuala right now, this can happen here. I'm nat saying it will but it can.

I'm not eating grass soup if it does and my family won't die from the blood infection an abssed tooth causes.
>>
>>30445245
>>30446097
Very TL;DR, so suit yourselves

>Water and making filthy stinking swill pleasant to drink.
I have +/- 750 gallons clean water stored, treated correctly with unscented household and stored in the proper type of plastic containers USING THE CORRECT PLASTICS FOR STORAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT. I use chlorine bleach instead of other chemicals, I suggest learning how to do this considering how little bleach you need to treat and store water. The CDC website has great instructions. I have +60, 2 liter or larger bottles of 1 to 1 water / bleach to use to treat water that has been run through -0.02 micron filters so I can quietly treat all the water a family of 5 would want for over a year on the down low.
I have the filtering needed to treat over 200 gallons of water a day and 2 dozen canisters of bleach pool crystals, each treats over 5,000 gallons of water.
The people who can provide clean drinking water for cooking and sterile cleaning will be treated very well after SHTF. Think about that for a minute.
Staying CLEAN is one of the most important things when there are no doctors offices open. If the S really HTF people will start craoking from deep scratches when regular bathing stops plus women have hygine needs that men don't and happy women keep morale up.
>>
>>30445245
should I buy silver? What kind of gun should i get? I heard .22 is going to be the most common type of ammo after civilization falls. Is that true?
>>
>>30445245
>>30446113
>>30446097
>Next is food.
>MREs
We keep a few dozen cases of MRE's which we rotate every couple years. We give them to people as gag (no pun intended but I'll take the credit) gifts or have the guy who runs a MILSURP store sell them and let him keep any profit made over our costs. MREs are great if you know where they've been. If you purchase them new and store them right they are safe to eat for close to a decade. If they have sat in a conex container baking away in the sun for 7 months then on a shelf in a MILSURP store they get bad and worse case senarario they can damage your liver and kidneys. BUY THEM FRESH AND STORE THEM IN A COOL DARK PLACE.
>Dehydrated foods.
These are optimal as the best have +25 year shelf lives. Find the kind packaged under a nitrogen blanket. Mountain House and Wise are the two most well known but there are a dozen other manufacturers now and a few of them are making much higher quality meals. Mix that shit up anons, if you only had the best, most favorite meal to eat everyday you would get completely sick of it quick. Variety keep the stir crazy away.
>LEARN 2 CACHE FUCKERS.
Seriously...learn how to cache correctly and DISCREETELY.... the life you save will be your own
>>
>>30445245 (OP)
>>30446113
>>30446097
>>30446133
>Shelter
Anyplace you keep warm, dry and free of violence is good shelter in the begining of SHTF. If it gets so bad all the stores are staying empty and water, power and other public services in general are no more it gets different.
>Urban dwellers.
Honestly you're pretty fucked if it's going to get bad and stay bad. If you don't have a well rehearsed plan BEFORE the power goes out and the shelves at the grocery store go empty, LGS and hardware stores go empty AND STAY EMPTY you will be at he mercy of what ever or who every ends up in control when the cops and firemen stop showing up for work and they will start staying home to protect their own pretty quick...or worse, they will become tyrants and form little Fiefdoms. This has proven out over and over in history. The shit going on in Venezuela right now is like a horror movie..look into that shit and wake the fuck up people.

So getting good shelter is easy to do once you have a safe place to make one. Think small and hidden but defensible. Very hungry people will dig through trash for food... starving people will eat almost anything and many will eat people when it comes down to it..

I could post 100,000 words about shelter but I think everyone understand the concept of "Greyman" here so that's optimal. A place you can rest and hide that isn't attractive to others.

AGAIN, shelter is one of those things you haven't made before whit goes bad it's probably all over for you anyway. Not even trolling
>>
>>30445245
>>30446113
>>30446097
>>30446133
>>30446160
>Weapons
Funny how a /k/ regular puts weapons forth on his list of importance, huh? Well with out water you're dead in a week. With out food you're completely ineffective in less than two weeks for the things that will matter. depending on where you live and the current season shelter could be more important than anything but I'm assuming most of us have GOBAGS and can make camp on a moments notice.
>Talking about weapons here on /k/ is easy peasy.
Rifle, couple hand guns and a shotgun with a good choke.
2.000 rounds for the rifle, 1,000 for each handgun and 2,000 shells for the shotgun..mixed #6 or #7 bird shot and 000 or 00 aught buckshot. PLUS spring kits and the other parts yopu know can fail.
This is the minimum in my opinion and per person.

I'll let you argue yourselves to death about which guns and calibers are best...Me and mine have made sure we are very proficient with our choices and that is all that matters when the sun sets people.
>>
>>30446121
Depends, are you going to stay in the city/suburb till things relax? Get a .22 or concealable pistol.

In a rural area? If you're planning on hunting during shtf you need an equivalent calibre to what you're shooting; .308, 12g, 7.62x39 etc.

>>30445427 Is right, you need to know what skills you'll need and then choose your gear.

>>30445306
>>30445765
>>30446097
>>30446133
are also right. Guns and gear are short term variables to shtf. If you're serious about prep you need to think 2 years, 5 years and 10 years in advance.
>>
File: paperclip_picks.jpg (53 KB, 800x420) Image search: [Google]
paperclip_picks.jpg
53 KB, 800x420
Anyone going to post there emergency kits? Mine is set up mostly for fire evacuation/ natural disaster.

I recommend cheap alcohol over precious metals because most people dont know the value of 1 oz of silver and the alcohol has much more uses then a small coin.
>>
>>30445245 (OP)
>>30446113
>>30446097
>>30446133
>>30446160
>>30446182
>Toiletries and medicines
These make life worth living after a full belly and a safe nights sleep.
The single best piece of advise I ever got about these things was was this..... Take notes on exactly what you use over a three month period and get two years of that in a very dark and very cool place where you worthless brother in law won't find it and you know how hard it is to hide things from that fuckhole.

Think about what women need to keep a smile on thier faces, they go down to the knees for a man a lot faster if they're happy. Get as much of those things stocked up because they will make amazing trade material later on. Whiskey, tobacco and tampons are a fantastic way to bribe cops, soldiers and the new warlord that comes to power and bribery will be the word of the day.
>Medicines.
>I'm not a liciensed practicing MD so i keep this short even though it's sofa king important.
There is hundreds of gigs of solid safe info on what we can buy over the counter for antibiotics and antivirals BUT YOU MUST LEARN CORRECT DOSAGES AND WHAT TO USE AND WHEN TO USE IT.

I'm not going to play Doctor here so you had damn well learn some things because this can make you someone people will defend with their very lives. When you can treat someones little rug rats who have a serious infection about top go septic thay bevome very very attached to you...understand?

I'll answer questions if any one is interested in any of my knowledge.

I'm here to share.
>>
The only answer for this is really to go backpacking and hunting with the occasional tactical course taught by a reputable teacher. The rest is just gathering supplies for someone else.

Not that I think prepping is worthwhile (besides for short term natural disasters, which isn't the 'new' sense of the word).
>>
>>30446202
I have a lock picking kit that cost me almost $700. I can open any lock with a standard key and many with proprietary keys. It takes a lot of practice but quietly opening doors can mean the difference between looting an empty house successful or alerting the other starving idiots that someone might have found food they can steal.
>>
>>30446431
>I have a lock picking kit that cost me almost $700
My first pic set coast me like $30 at some gun show and after I started opening better locks I upgraded. Just saying
>>
loyal companions, good cardio, good boots to kick in doors, good rifle with optic to pick off sentries before you raid zog food distribution points.
>>
>>30445427
>you never own more than you can carry on your back at a dead run

Damn I like that saying almost as much as "You own nothing you can not defend"
>>
>>30446226
Do you have any tips for survival in sub-tropic regions? Hot weather, bugs, wildlife, and large amounts of water and marshland are obstacles for survival near me.

>Greetings from Citrus County; the most god forsaken place, in Americas Hell-Penninsula
>>
>>30446442
yeah I started with a cheapass $7 set. It's crap but it did something. You can buy a lot with $700
>>
>>30446133
>LEARN 2 CACHE FUCKERS
THIS
THIS
THIS
>>
>>30446431
>>30446442
>>30447034

If you're in a scenario where you're worrying about how much noise you make breaking into a house, you're probably fucked anyway.
>>
>>30445245
>gasmasks
https://thirdrei.ch/CBRNGear
>>
>>30446431
Bump keys for cheap dawg.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.