[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taurus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
/k/, Are Taurus revolvers any good?

Does anyone own any and would like to share their experiences with them?

Also dubs decides which one I buy, under $400
>>
File: IMG_20130721_174555.jpg (909 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130721_174555.jpg
909 KB, 2592x1944
>>27968802
I have three. Mostly bought out of curiosity.
The first is a .44 Magnum Tracker. Five shot medium framed .44 magnum. Hotter loaded .44 is sticky on ejecting. Good trigger. Handy woods gun.

That lead to 990 Tracker, nine shot .22 LR. Double action trigger is pretty bad, Single action is nice. I put an optic on it for a rimfire silhouette match at the club. It will cut a half inch hole in the paper off bags from 25 yards.

Last was a large frame 608 eight shot .357 Magnum. Bought from a freind who was moving to Canada for $200. Accurate. Hot .357 is mild out of it. Has some sort of lock up issue, Cylinder locks up with the trigger pulled and the hammer forward, so it's safe to shoot, but with the hammer resting and the trigger froward, the cylinder will break loose under pressure and back spin. It shouldn't do that.

My conclusion, if you buy one, even new, look it over thoroughly. Their QC has gotten better, but they still miss stuff.

If you can, save a little more and get a S&W or a Ruger.

Pic is the 608 and .44 tracker
>>
File: IMG_20121101_233231.jpg (951 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20121101_233231.jpg
951 KB, 2592x1944
>>27968926
The 990 Tracker with a Weigand rail and cheap red dot.
>>
>>27968802
Just buy the Ruger.
They are better made out of better materials, and are an American company with good customer service.

Pic related, Taurus quality.
>>
File: 1447723378103.jpg (102 KB, 1019x682) Image search: [Google]
1447723378103.jpg
102 KB, 1019x682
>>27968802
Holy shit, speak of the devil.
Here's some reading material:
http://bearingarms.com/smart-people-dont-buy-taurus-heres/

Seriously, it's pot metal produced by drunk Brazilians.
Fuck Taurus.

(Picture is from the Taurus Curve assembly line.)
>>
>>27968970
that's not a Taurus.Some other company made a .45 Colt/ .410 revolver first. That one blew up because some idiot shoveed a .45-70 rifle cartridge into it.
>>
>>27969017
Huh, that's what I get for saving images off of a Laotian Steroscope BBS.

Looks like it's Mil Thunder 5:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIL_Thunder_5
>>
>>27969107
Not saying Taurus is great, even though I'm the guy at the top of the thread who has three of them.

They have had problems in the past. A lot of their production has moved to the U.S. and quality HAS improved somewhat. As I said, if you can get a used Ruger or S&W over a new Taurus, do it.
>>
>>27969107
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIL_Thunder_5
My God, they actually made a .45-70 model. That would be interesting to shoot.
>>
>>27968802
Is taurus "good?"
Depends on what you consider "good."

On /k/ommandos tend to act like something is shit because its not the 100% absolute bestest mostest you can get. Taurus makes mid-tier guns. They wont be as good as something by a big name company like ruger, but they also wont be the worst you can get.

As a rule of thumb taurus revolvers are okay. Decent buy for the price. Just dont go into buying a taurus revolver expecting it to be like a ruger blackhawk.

What too look out for in taurus is quality control. My buddy is a gun dealer, and tauruses are wierd when it comes to that, I'd say 1 in 10 taurus pistols will be the C student of thier group. Maybe it was the one paco put together right before lunch break or something.
>>
>>27968802
Seriously, what's the price difference between the Tracker and the GP100?
$100?
$150?
That's nothing considering you're trusting life and limb on the quality of the product.
Don't be cheap.
>>
>>27969549
Quit trying to act like literally every single gun purchase is a grave life and death decision.
Theres nothing wrong with buying a cheap range toy.
>>
I'm a brazillian.

And I tell you, anything from Brazil will suck. Don't ever buy anything from Brazil.

he only stuff that I don't import is food, like meat and vegetables. Because chocolate I buy from Switzerland. Brazillian chocolate is crap.
>>
>>27968802
A good friend who into wheel guns had one and got rid of it because it had too many issues, he replaced it with some Uberti replica of a cowboy gun, he seems to like it and he says it's better quality than the Tauras, personally I'm not a fan of revolvers.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.