[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How thorough is the conversion of AK rifles from select-fire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ar10100-BD.jpg (95 KB, 2000x751) Image search: [Google]
ar10100-BD.jpg
95 KB, 2000x751
How thorough is the conversion of AK rifles from select-fire to full auto?

Specifically interested in how military AKs are converted in Europe (Belgium).
>>
>>27946746
How's it like working for the ATF?
>>
>>27946755
>Specifically interested in how military AKs are converted in Europe (Belgium).

I'm asking because my politicians seem to think it's 'easy' to convert them back to full auto.

I own a Vz58 that was converted from full auto to semi, and the conversion involved grinding entire bits of metal away.
So converting it back to full auto is practically impossible.

I just want to know what the AK conversion is like.

Besides, this question doesn't apply to the US at all, because you can't have converted full autos at all afaik.
>>
>>27946746
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXL-bF_2YHw
>>
>>27946746
>select-fire to full auto
nogunz detector off the scale
>>
File: ak47-6-7.gif (96 KB, 609x792) Image search: [Google]
ak47-6-7.gif
96 KB, 609x792
>>27946746
>How thorough is the conversion of AK rifles from select-fire to full auto?
????

Select fire is when you can switch between two different firing modes like semi or full auto. Safe is not a firing mode.

Anyway any semiautomatic weapon can be converted to full automatic. There's no degrees of being converted. It's either capable of FA fire or it isn't. You can (and people do) convert a semi-auto only AK to select fire or FA only.

I'm not going to post this whole book because it's a pain, but you can google it.
>>
>>27946905
>>27946925
christ, meant to say "select-fire to semi-auto".

making new thread
>>
>>27946942
Aaaaand apparently I can't delete the OP because it's "too old".

This thread has officially become cancer.
>>
>>27946942
>>27946946
Why would you make a new thread? AKs (in the US at least, and most other countries I know of) typically aren't converted from select fire to semi before their sale to civilians. They just come straight from the factory as a semi-auto only weapon.
>>
>>27946957
>Why would you make a new thread?
Because it's ruined.

>AKs (in the US at least, and most other countries I know of) typically aren't converted from select fire to semi before their sale to civilians. They just come straight from the factory as a semi-auto only weapon.
Hence the Europe and Belgium reference.
>>
>>27946964
>Hence the Europe and Belgium reference.
It's the same story in Europe as far as I know. There's no reason to convert FA weapons when factories crank out semi-auto ones for the civilian market all day long.
Are you talking about demilled weapons?
>>
>>27946971
Converted full auto rifles straight out of military surplus are actually pretty big here in Europe.

Like I said, I have a Vz58 built in the 60s for the Czech army but never used.

It was FA when I fingerfucked it at the gunstore, and it had to be converted to semi.
>>
>>27947107
Interesting.
Either way, conversion to full auto should not be difficult for someone who understands guns or someone capable enough to find instructions and follow them correctly.
>>
>>27946746
I assume that converting a weapon back to full auto isn't too difficult provided
1. you know what you're doing (you're a gunsmith or a mechanic of some sort)
2. you have the necessary tools (probably a drill press and a milling machine) and blueprints to do it

As you can see, the conversion requires specific knowledge and rather heavy equipment.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.