[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CCW/CPL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
ok, so i'm 19 and living in michigan. i have two pistols and i acquired them and own them legally. can i get a CPL or can i open carry them or both? i'd like to carry a pistol on a hip holster without worrying if my jacket is covering it or not. do i have to wait until i'm 21 or is there something i can do?
>>
>>27914043
Yes. Just take the course. 75-100$. As long as you don't have a felony on your record you will be fine. It only takes a couple hours, and some shots fired.
>>
>>27914129
This is wrong.

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(dgsj1fc50zqd54qn02iaatyg))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-28-425b

"(7) Until November 30, 2015, the concealed weapon licensing board and, beginning December 1, 2015, the county clerk shall issue and shall send by first-class mail a license to an applicant to carry a concealed pistol within the period required under this act if the concealed weapon licensing board or county clerk determines that all of the following circumstances exist:

(a) The applicant is 21 years of age or older."
>>
>>27914188
that's a bummer. can i open carry?
>>
>>27914293
Why the fuck would you open carry? I swear the autism is extreme with some of you faggots. Either conceal or don't carry you fucking retard.
>>
>>27914293
To an extent.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(dkjwbzxq5ewwrib3sdey5bet))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-28-425o

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(vnquprx1izsbclccy44mczhc))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-750-234d

While these contradict one another somewhat, they give an idea of where you can't OC.

For example though, plan on not carrying literally anywhere that sells alcohol (literally all those places) until you can CC.
>>
>>27914333
elaborate anon and also consider i live in a rural area. this would probably be way more for defense from wildlife than anything else. i haven't seen a nigger in my town in over 2 years.
>>
>>27914293
Open carry age is 18 in michigan. Open carry can be tricky. As soon as you get in a car you are concealed carry, and breaking the law. The gun needs to be empty, locked in a case, and separated from any ammo, (i.e. gun in a case in the trunk, ammo in the back seat.) Basically, in a manner that you cannot access both at the same time.
Wearing a jacket, or long shirt? If either at any point covers any part of the gun, you are concealing and breaking the law.
>>
>>27914389
uhg, that sucks. i fucking hate how stupid all those laws are. land of the free, my ass. can't do anything without government say so.
>>
>>27914383
You best option is to wait the few years and get your CPL. Until then, get to the michiagn state site and read up on all the laws and understand them. Learn the states that have, or don't have, reciprocity with us, and their laws if you plan on traveling.
>>
>>27914333

>You're retarded for wanting the ability to defend yourself before reaching the arbitrarily legislated age of 21.
>>
>>27914451
Like I said here>>27914454
You know you want to CC. Take the time you have and learn the laws. The state makes it very easy to access all the laws. Start getting in the mindset now to know where you can and can't carry. What you can and can't do while carrying. Legal blood alcohol while CC is half that for driving. That's one beer for most people.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.