[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will be traveling from Chicago to Colorado this July, and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: bannedincanada.jpg (83 KB, 550x382) Image search: [Google]
bannedincanada.jpg
83 KB, 550x382
I will be traveling from Chicago to Colorado this July, and I want to bring my rifle with me.

We plan on doing some shooting at the ranch there.
We will be driving.
I have a FIOD

Can I just bring it with me? What are the rules on transporting a firearm across state lines?
>>
Drive with it hanging out the window in plain sight, remember to yell random shit and fire a few rounds off at each state line.... good luck jackass. ..
>>
>>30368001
Freedom of movement laws brah. Federally, any firearm you legally own you can transport across state lines as long as you're only transporting them, and no state or local governments can do shit about it. Pretty sure you need to keep them locked in a case, with any ammo stored separately.

Depending on which states you have to through though, there may be a different definition of ”movement”. IIRC some states don't care if you stop to do whatever on your way through, while others will hassle you if you stop for anything other than gas or a bathroom break. Check the laws in any states you'll be going through.
>>
>>30368281

This is correct

Best bet it unloaded mags/ammo locked separately, then your guns (with locks inserted) inside of locked cases, and not in your passenger cabin

God speed
>>
>>30368001
Colorado fag here. State law says all long arms must be transported unloaded. Most other states have similar laws. Just stick it in a gun case and keep the ammo separate and you'll be fine.
>>
>>30368386
Rifle sock okay?
I dont own a case.
I have a trigger lock
I can remove the bolt.

The ammo I have for it is still factory sealed in weather proof plastic if that helps
>>
>>30368434
>Rifle sock okay
just dont get pulled over and/or keep it in your trunk.
>>
>>30368001
Ccw instructor fag here. Federal law states that firearms can't be in transport to any state as long as the ammo is separate by five feet and requiring at least 2 processes to acquire and load. The fire arm it self should be in a locked case. Follow those rules and you will be fine op
>>
>>30368434
Rifle sock and a trigger lock should be fine in 99% of Colorado, just don't get pulled over in Boulder or Denver. Despite what /k/ would have you believe, most of us are very pro gun, we're just getting out numbered by the transplant faggots in Denver. The no loaded long arms is just a hunting law, it's not really something they look for actively.
>>
Also your under no requirement to state if pulled over, "i have a gun in the trunk"
If they get a warrant to search you might want to mention it.
But again just dont drive like a cock monger and youll be fine
>>
>>30368642
I keep my FOID card behind my driver license in my wallet, on two occasions I was asked if I keep a firearm in the car when the cop noticed it.
Both times I did not, and responded as such.

What if they ask if I have weapons?
Been pulled over and searched before cause the driver was stupid and agreed to a search, I declined, and removed my bags from the car while the rest was searched.
>>
Lock your rifle, disassembled if possible, in a gun case. Then lock the ammunition and magazines, in a seperate locking box. Put both boxes in the trunk of the car, or out of reach to passengers. Keep the keys up front.

Do a car check, make sure that all lights, brakes, blinkers are working. When you drive, do the speed limit. Use turn signals. And if by any chance they pull you over, don't mention guns. It is not illegal to carry the weapons in this fashion over state lines. You wouldn't bring up that you have sun lotion in the trunk, don't bring up the firearms.
>>
>>30368733
Although, it might be better to keep the mags and gun together. Either way, it's due diligence to keep the gun inoperable while passing through.
>>
Do any other states require paperwork to prove gun ownership or anything like that?
>>
>>30368001
>What are the rules

Don't get caught, you statist.
Apply common sense at your discretion to meet that goal.
>>
>>30369654
If your state requires like a special ID to purchase guns, it might be wise to have that on your person, kinda proving that you are legally allowed to own the firearm where you're from.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.