[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Practice Melee?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: Makes Perfect.jpg (8 KB, 186x272) Image search: [Google]
Makes Perfect.jpg
8 KB, 186x272
Guns for gun ranged but what about if you want to brush up on some knife/machete ect. for whatever reason?
>>
Cut watermelons and bottles of water in your backyard.

Or start classes at a boxing gym and do something for yourself.
>>
unless you know a good Martial Arts group, i'd not bother with it because of the sheer amount of mcdojos. boxing and wrestling will teach you a lot about grappling, guarding and throwing a punch.

if you want to learn how to use a machete, try basic saber. Alfred Hutton was one of the best in his era.
http://www.thearma.org/pdf/ColdSteel.pdf

but even if you know you're guards. if you can't swing with good edge alignment, you won't be doing much.

Although every mall ninja with a McDonalds paycheck swings at bottles without any real idea why. they make good targets to tell whether your Edge Alignment is good.
>>
>>30358400
>you're
my bad, that should be a your
>>
File: 1466541632621-1559517387.jpg (3 MB, 2976x2976) Image search: [Google]
1466541632621-1559517387.jpg
3 MB, 2976x2976
>>30358400
>Alfred Hutton

Mah nigga... Just got these books. Anyone who wants to learn about fighting with a blade is much better off learning European style of fighting than all that looks good in movies but wouldn't work in real life Asian mystical bullshit.
>>
>>30358541
And yes I'm aware Thats a weeaboo knife. Looking to get a cold steel ti-lite 6
>>
File: Saber and Shot.jpg (203 KB, 949x464) Image search: [Google]
Saber and Shot.jpg
203 KB, 949x464
>>30358541
I learned about Hutton when there used to be a HEMA group near me. was fun as hell but people stopped coming after a few years.

Now it's just me and a pdf.

However, i know fuck all when it comes to using knives.
>>
File: 15529004.jpg (4 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
15529004.jpg
4 KB, 250x221
>>30358611
That's fine,I actually mainly wanted to know about swords,mostly euro longsword but I didn't want to seem like a weaboo faggot so I added knives.
>>
>>30358664
>longsword
There are a lot of good books to go on, though not a lot are in english.

Id recomend finding a group to do these with as you'll get the best practice. but most of the manuals have decent illistrations

i recommend Talhoffer
http://wiktenauer.com/wiki/Talhoffer_Fechtbuch_(Cod.icon._394a)
>>
>what about if you want to brush up on some knife/machete ect. for whatever reason?
Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. If you want to training with practical knife work, take a food preparation course.
>>
File: 1464538660898.jpg (24 KB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
1464538660898.jpg
24 KB, 460x258
>>30358826
If your handgun has a malfunction you want to be able to quickly pull out a knife to defend yourself with.

Or you can try fixing the malfunction while some big nigger is rushing you be my guest. Not always will the opponent have a gun. He might have a bat, iron pipe, knife, or his fists.

And this next example is more of a survival SHTF situation. But you want to at least have some sort of useful scary weapon on you if you ran out of bullets.

But really the most useful need for a knife when carrying a gun would be if some two legged critter got a jump on you. I don't care how tough you think you are, being disarmed is a big probability which is why cops don't pull out their guns to shoot when being bum rushed by a criminal.

That knife will be very hard to disarm though and a few stabs or slashes will get him off you in time to pull out your gun then fire.

Food for thought chief.
>>
>>30358611
There's codexes in knives. There's actually so much written stuff available in regards to dagger combat.
>>
>>30358282
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=e0b_1402527226

This I'd a good video
>>
File: download.jpg (613 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
613 KB, 1920x1280
>>30358553
I should have gotten the BIG BLACK one.
>>
>>30359305
I actually prefer a shiny blade. Intimidating if you ask me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.