[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shotgun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Kel-Tec_KSG_(2)[1].jpg (49 KB, 650x354) Image search: [Google]
Kel-Tec_KSG_(2)[1].jpg
49 KB, 650x354
I picked up a new never been fired KSG with an aluminum rail on the pump/handguard for $795 in a private sale yesterday. Going to put on a brass deflector, a good VFG, and some manner of red dot.

Though I don't know anything really about shotguns. My first concern is, do I need to use a choke to shoot clays?
>>
You don't have to, but they're readily available for the ksg. You do not need to use an impact wrench to remove the muzzle nut contrary to what you might read online.

Do yourself a favor and get the stainless steel magazine followers and the extended selector lever. A limbsaver and kydex cheek rest are good ideas as well.
>>
>>30217925
>Impact wrench to remove muzzle nut
I can confirm that one was needed with early numbered KSGs (I have one).

I see no need for the stainless steel followers. The extended selector lever is a maybe (I'm fine with the stock one) but a limbsaver and a kydex cheek rest are highly recommended by me.

The kick is pretty brutal with 3" shells.

Fun fact:
Aguila mini shells work fine in it. It'll hold 11 slugs or 12 shotshells in each tube if you want to play with them.

Also, it is pretty easy to short stroke, so rack with authority.
>>
>>30217991
The plastic followers probably work fine, but once you pop them out and hold them, you'll want something sturdier. I never kept mine in long enough to tell. The selector lever is the most important mod you can make if you ask me, unless you like shifting your grip or having the stock one dig into your wrist.
>>
>>30217808
ive shot clays with a ksg. 18" cylinder bore is awful for it. a $300 used over-under would be better for it or a pump with a longer barrel
>>
>>30217991
i can confirm everything in this post. the limbsaver makes it fun to shoot. otherwise it gets painful quick.
>>
>>30218140
>>30217991
>>30217925
have you seen this for the ksg?

http://primarymachine.com/ksg-shell-deflector.html
>>
>>30218162
I never had a need for one. Just don't hold it like a retard.
>>
>>30218162
mine has never hit my wrist. i didnt even know it was a problem until MAC started bitching about it
>>
>>30218162
>http://primarymachine.com/ksg-shell-deflector.html
Like the other folks in this thread, I have never had a problem with this. This product seems useless to me.
>>
>>30218124
I actually had pretty good luck with the KSG and clays, even without a choke.
Shooting skeet off the back porch (on family land), I did quite well. Sporting clays is fine, except for some long range shots. American skeet, the range is never far enough to need a choke in my experience.

DESU, I found that I really liked to shoot skeet/clays through a gun with a red dot sight (both eyes open shooting) over my Benelli M2 with just the standard stock sight. The KSG is well balanced and is very quick to swing/aim.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.