[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I'd like to work in the maritime security industry.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maritime1.jpg (124 KB, 800x376) Image search: [Google]
maritime1.jpg
124 KB, 800x376
Hey /k/ I'd like to work in the maritime security industry. I'm certified as a tactical trauma life support provider and an emt-b. I'm considering taking the MSO course offered by Euseca in Poland and was wondering if anyone trained with them, or has any experience in the maritime industry. Literally any tips or insider information would be great.
>>
>>30166435
I don't have much information, and what I got is on oil platforms in the north sea. Job offer was through a family friend. Pay is dependent on contract duration, previous experience and most importantly country of origin (average salary of country of origin that is). Putting the platform at risk via anything as stupid as smoking up to drunken disorderliness is the first helicopter out of there and next to no job prospects in the industry. Minimum stay was something like 4 months? The friend was working for over 20 years as a "Safety inspector" so to speak. Masters engineering degree and all that. He had an agent that would find work for him, get a % comission and maybe put a word in a company if they required less educated labour. He couldn't hack into big companies with nice postings. He got Kuwait and Kazakhstan with daughter companies though. Didn't enjoy the workload. Drank a lot. Got divorced. Bough an F-Type Jag though. It sits in the garage for 10 months a year.
>>
>>30166833
- same dude

Other friend, was a sailor. Moved to work at shipyard in Cyprus as a lower-level manager after 5-10 years all together. Said a bit problem in the industry was the companies were trying to minimise costs so they recruited a lot of Indians and Pakistanis taht would work for lower wages. Would only higher westerners if they were ready to work for next nothing (and had a contact to someone in the company to say that they were ready to do that). Higher education jobs/postings were available to westerners a bit more, depending on the company. The more the risk, the bigger the chance you would get it. Security work and the quality of it is highly dependent on the company and the travel area. Same thing I heard about cruise ships, though the anecdoes about that kind of works was more akin to mall cops.
>>
>>30166874
Hope it helps. It is a bit on a tangent of the initial topic, but didn't see anybody shared, so I guess it could help you or someone else looking for other jobs in the maritime industries. Always be wary of the contracted companies that recruit not for themselves but for other actual maritime companies. They will fuck you and throw buercracy in your face to detract you.
>>
>>30166874
>>30166833
>>30166897

Thanks a lot buddy, not exactly what i was looking for but i'll keep some of these things in mind
>>
My Mum's friend's son's friend was a maritime security officer (an ex 42Commando Royal Marine) and he was gang-raped to death in Madagascar.

This is my only knowledge of your topic. Sorry.

Best of luck!
>>
>>30166996
>gang-raped to death in Madagascar
By whom
>>
File: mada.jpg (16 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
mada.jpg
16 KB, 279x279
>>30167023
Madagascans
>>
>>30167044
rough
>>
>>30166435
Those ar47s just so they can be tossed in the ocean After a voyage?
>>
>>30166435
Let me know if it works out for you, I'm going to be emt in my country soon (speak fluent/almost perfect english), finished military basic training and want to work in that sector aswell sometime.
>>
>>30168007
>K...KEEP ME POSTED
>>
>>30166435
So basically you're a guy who has his EMT Basic cert and wants to be a contractor?
>>
>>30169738
Not OP but I'm a LVN former Corpsman (1 combat deployment). Any chance I could get contractor work?
>>
>>30169738
Sorta, i got my TTLS cert through which i got my emtb. I was told by some of the guys taking the course that the only way for a civilian to get into the security industry is to work as an MSO since they tend to take civilians with medical experience into consideration despite them not having any combat experience. I have worked as an emtb for a couple of months so I have decent experience under my belt.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.