[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxf UqA-jGR4 I know that all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 24
File: looka here.png (143 KB, 672x434) Image search: [Google]
looka here.png
143 KB, 672x434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxfUqA-jGR4
I know that all of the evidence has yet to be released, but I wanted to know what you guys think. Are the police becoming too militarized? If so, what changes could be made?
>>
>>30089250
>How to stop it?
Hang all department chiefs who request such gear.
Turn over SWAT teams to the governor. Mandatory trials for all police shootings/deaths
Public hanging for any/all offenses and infractions of police officers.
No union protection for officers under investigation or charged with a crime.
>>
File: Tyranny.jpg (39 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
Tyranny.jpg
39 KB, 600x480
The police can be as militarized as they damn well please as long as the citizenry are allowed the same. It's not what equipment they have, it's their willingness to use it. When the government has disarmed the people the police will gladly go around shooting whoever they feel like because they know there will be no repercussions to their actions because they have a monopoly of force. But in an armed society if the police go around shooting people for no good reason they're going to end up getting shot right the fuck back at, which means they'll put a lot more thought into any "justified shootings" than they will when all they face is a slap on the wrist from their chief.
>>
>>30089250
>my husband was a gud man he dindu nuffin
She looks like trash, her husband looks like trash, and her kids look like they have fetal alcohol syndrome. Her husband was a fucking idiot for not complying but hey, play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

They probably should have tased him first or whatever the fuck less than lethals they were issued instead of escalating directly to deadly force. Mistakes were made on both ends. But we can't know for sure until the body cam footage comes out, IF it comes out and isn't mysteriously lost because the people on trial here are the same people in charge of handling and securing all the evidence.

>What changes can be made?

Don't hang whistleblowers.

Destroy the "us versus them" mentality the cops have by forcing them to walk the streets again and know the people rather than riding around in their cruisers with ARs in the trunk communicating on their own radio channels. Don't let them pretend they're a military outfit and they gotta "get through" so they can retire and get their benefits.

Make them answerable to the civilian courts rather than their own tribunals or whatever the fuck equivalents they have so maintaining good ol' boy circles by putting problem officers on paid leave until their cases blow over becomes much harder.
>>
>>30089269
PD's using milsurp gear is nothing new and is more because it's cheap than anything else. Typically those armored vehicles you see and even some of the AR's are purchased on federal grants, as in the feds bought the shit and had nothing to do with it so they just tell the supplier to send it to that PD instead.
>>
>>30089250
run a media campaign to get cops and niggers at each others throats.
>>
>>30089269
Im cool with this, as long as citizens also get hanged for similar crimes.
>>
>>30089250
I think that the same laws that apply to private citizens, wrt weapons that are legal to own, should apply to police.
>>
>>30089250

I hate that the news always capitalizes on 'unarmed'. There's a laundry list of good reasons to shoot someone that does not have a weapon.
>>
>>30089250
"saw a rifle being pointed out their window"

what bs people making stupid statements calling the police

"he had pellet rifles for pest control"

Oh shit, its a valid call, he was probably drunk or high

nothing worth looking at, there are much better springboards to use where the "victim" did absolutely nothing wrong.
>>
File: sniper.jpg (156 KB, 820x958) Image search: [Google]
sniper.jpg
156 KB, 820x958
>>30089250
>>
>>30089405
>Just get in the showers is it that hard?!! god!!

t. you.
>>
File: Cop vs. Cripple.webm (3 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Cop vs. Cripple.webm
3 MB, 720x480
>>30089472

>There's a laundry list of good reasons to shoot someone that does not have a weapon.

You mean like being a coward, being a pussy, pissing your pants in fear, wanting to feel like a big man, realizing too late that you don't have what it takes to be a cop.

He's unarmed, he's drunk, he's just one guy (of average size no less) and there are two cops.

How massive a vagina do you have to be to think that you should shoot him rather than just tackling his drunk ass in that scenario?
>>
File: Coppin in the USA.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Coppin in the USA.webm
3 MB, 320x180
>>30089250

>If so, what changes could be made?
I can think of one simple change that would end most of this garbage immediately.

When the police get sued rather than the taxpayer flipping the bill the money comes out of the department's retirement fund.

Lets see if cops still defend the assholes who do this shit if covering their reckless asses takes money out of the pockets of police rather than out of the hand's of the taxpayer.
>>
>>30089312

People actually fucking believe this shit.
>>
>>30089921
No you fucking moron

If i hold a phone like a gun at night at the cops and they shoot me, the media can say i was unarmed because I didn't have a weapon and just a cell phone.
>>
>>30089968
>If i hold a phone like a gun
How?
>>
>>30089250

I remember that one. They ordered the dude to get on his hands and knees and crawl towards them. When he did they shot him because they thought he was reaching for something. The officer who killed him had "You're Fucked" engraved on the dust cover. We should really just start killing every police officer, DA, and Judge.
>>
>>30089987
you're lucky I can't take a picture of myself holding the phone with my phone, so I'll have to describe it.
>Put phone on it's long side
>wrap thumb, pointer finger, and middle finger around the lower corner like you would for a rifle or shotgun
>put your other hand like you would to shoot a normal pistol
>>
>>30090065
Bootlickers like you deserve the same fate as every pig in the country.
>>
File: (you).jpg (21 KB, 342x301) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
21 KB, 342x301
>>30090074
I was just answering your question lad, no need to thank me.
>>
A good example of a cop really needing to shoot is that old video of that crazed 'nam vet with the mini 14 and the dead officer's slow reaction to when the guy actually going back to his car and pulling out his rifle.

Now, cops just THINK the guy was going for a gun due to a vague motion and they magdump.
>>
File: Boot licker tastes so good.jpg (82 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
Boot licker tastes so good.jpg
82 KB, 500x329
>>30089987

Yeah maybe if you're half blind, except this dude didn't have jack shit in his hands and now you're just inventing meaningless what if scenarios.

From the sound of it the cops told him what to do, he told them to fuck off and started walking back into his room and rather than having a fucking sack and tackling his drunk ass the cop freaked out and shot him in the back like a trigger happy pussy.

Why defend that sort of behavior? What just because he's a cop? Don't you want cops who are qualified for the positions? Cops who have a pair of balls and who won't blow you away out of cowardice?
>>
>>30089312
this
>>
>>30089250
I think all police need to be wearing body cams that roll every second they are on duty, and it needs to be set up so they can not shut them off or delete the hard drives.

I also think that we need to stop reprimanding police officers for justifiable shootings, because it's been shown that officers have died on duty because they were previously deciplined for something they didn't really do.

Also, I think fuck heads need to comply. Illegal commands or not, if two cops have their guns on me, I'm gonna fucking do what they say.

Fight it in court, not a hospital bed
>>
>>30089269
I actually had a lecture last semester with the Chief of police of Glendale, a close by city of Mesa. She mentioned how Mesa PD is a shitshow and lacking in any and all professionalism. The city of Mesa is no stranger to uncalled for police killings. The bodycams are brand new, only being put into place because a few Chiefs of suburban cities put pressure on cities like Mesa and Phoenix to do it, as they do.

Fun fact: every department in Arizona, or at least Maricopa county, got drones last christmas too.
>>
>>30089943
>When the police get sued rather than the taxpayer flipping the bill the money comes out of the department's retirement fund.
100% this. The police unions and departments defend their actions no matter what in every instance. Hold them somewhat accountable at any time and the bullshit will stop.
>>
>>30090325
What is qualified immunity.
>>
>>30089460
No, civilians are not vested with power, thus there is no expectation of a higher standard. The death penalty can only exist for agents of the state, because in choosing to exercise their power they forfeit their rights.
>>
>>30089943
Oh shit, that's a good idea.
>>
>>30089405
>Destroy the "us versus them" mentality the cops have by forcing them to walk the streets again and know the people rather than riding around in their cruisers with ARs in the trunk communicating on their own radio channels. Don't let them pretend they're a military outfit and they gotta "get through" so they can retire and get their benefits.

So much this.
>>
File: 1464154080660.gif (1 MB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
1464154080660.gif
1 MB, 400x254
>>30092078
>>
>>30089250
I've watched the body cam footage somewhere. They cut it off before the shooting, surprise surprise, but it's pretty clear. It shows the guy shirtless I think, in his hands and knees crawling towards the officers before cutting off. According to the article I read they said his pants kept falling down from the crawling, and he reached back to pull them up. The officers told him to keep his hands where they could see him, then he went to pull them up a second or third time so they opened fire on him.
>>
>>30092673
>Bait
No, it's truth. Agents of the State give up their rights while acting in such a capacity.
>>
i have an idea!! lets judge every cop in the country off the acts of the few that make the news!!

now call me a bootlicker
>>
>>30089514
Holy shit lol. I made that like 4 years ago. Christ i suck.
>>
>>30092786
Bootlicking faggot, you'll hang with the pigs as well.
>>
>>30092830
ahh there it is
>>
>>30092839
>#NotAllPolice

Fuck off with that bullshit, the hate isn't unwarranted.
>>
>>30092786
>Few
And the vast majority of them that cover for one another? The entire departments that are found to be corrupt?
"It's just a few bad apples guys, not all cops do this"
Yes, they do. They have a murder boner that cannot be satiated. Their sole pleasure in life is fucking with you and everyone else isn't a 'brother in blue'. And heaven help you if one of your 'brothers' reports your misconduct.
>>
>>30092869
>>30092873
yes, every single cop in this country is corrupt. we must kill them all!!1 but first lets smoke some weed LMAO
>>
>>30092673
I don't get how you think it's bait, it kind of makes sense.

People who abuse a position of power to commit a crime are worse than people who commit a crime without that power.
>>
>>30092910
If they aren't corrupt why don't they report one another?
>>
File: 1462145898987.jpg (82 KB, 600x692) Image search: [Google]
1462145898987.jpg
82 KB, 600x692
>>30089472
>>
>>30089948

When people are pushed to far, even a disarmed population will react.
http://filmingcops.com/china-police-beat-a-woman-men-begin-killing-cops-on-the-streets/
>>
>>30092925
cops report other cops all the time

>>30092930
you think about that picture for a minute and maybe you will see how retarded it is
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=517WVJNdO5g

Thread theme.
>>
>>30089250
you have to change the laws to fix the police force, I think
>>
>>30092952
Why don't you explain for the rest of the class, then. I'm sure we're all waiting to be enlightened.
>>
>>30092983
Not even that guy, but it's really not that hard dude.

One is saving the lives of people who pose 0 threat to them and have done absolutely nothing wrong.

Second is in the context of an officer(s) responding to a call that most likely involved a belligerent and potentially violent suspect that could unjustifiably be threatening the well being of a responding officer.
>>
>>30092976
In descending order of importance.
End the Drug War.
Completely outlaw civil forfeiture.
Get cops back on a foot beat patrolling their communities.
Demilitarize police culture.
>>
>>30089987
I suppose he's referring to this incident. Make sure to watch both videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7At5RyV_yo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPEiRQoALcs
>>
>>30093027
foot/bike patrols are still a thing in most places.
>police culture
how about niggers stop breaking the law and blaming the police for doing their jobs
>>
>>30092996
I'd buy that if we didn't see so many instances of cops wigging out and shooting people or dogs at the slightest provocation. Look at the image again. Why in fuck is that fatass cop dressed like a soldier? Who told that donut scarfing asshat he was an operator?

Militarization of the police has lead to a "behind enemy lines" mentality that completely precludes building trust with the community they serve in.
>>
>>30093083
they are most likely on a swat call out. do you think they patrol like that?
>>
File: 1438458410556.jpg (264 KB, 760x793) Image search: [Google]
1438458410556.jpg
264 KB, 760x793
>muh militarization
reminder
>>
All these anarchist faggots in here hating on police lol.
>>
>>30093114
Correct, we don't need rights or freedom.
>>
>>30093129
>Not only should police be kept from having access to anything that gives them an edge over criminals, they must also be kept at a severe disadvantage because I hate them for taking my weed.
>>
>>30093129
how does the police wearing scary black uniforms hinder your rights in any way
>>
>>30092923
>>30092737
It's bait in that he says the death penalty can only exist for state agents. That's preposterous.
>>
>>30093114

Real mobsters with real SMGs turned into prop mobsters with fake AKs?

> Muh North Hollywood Shootout, I need an AFV
>>
Death squad thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZfCjOJ8iGk
>>
>>30093140
>Criminals
Hahahaha. The police are the criminals.
>>
>>30093173
>I'm breaking the law, but it is the people who enforce the law who are the criminals
>>
File: niggers.jpg (4 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
niggers.jpg
4 KB, 160x90
>>30093161
>picture is a cop in riot gear
you are ok with this picture?
>>
>>30093179
Yep, and eventually there will be a riot so large and passionate that it consumes all of America :^)

And you bootlickers will be the first to go.
>>
>>30093179
Of course, nothing the people do is wrong. It is only the state that is wrong.
>>
>>30092925
Because most of the time we're not there when they officer does shit. We may know that Officer Bud is an overbearing, overreaching shitlord, but nobody ever files a complaint so our hands are tied.

Alternatively they do file a complaint, but it's buried in the giant pile of meritless complaints many larger departments get over every little thing.
>>
File: ferguson-police-ca_3118278k.jpg (187 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
ferguson-police-ca_3118278k.jpg
187 KB, 858x536
look at these fine upstanding citizens.
>>
>>30093179
Whats so bad? It's just a riot for ants.
>>
File: ferguson-riot.jpg (75 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
ferguson-riot.jpg
75 KB, 1100x733
those god damned cops light this car on fire!!
>>
>>30093207
>>30093199
These are good actions. Cops need to be fought at every opportunity.
>>
>>30089269
>public execution
Sounds like you need to be first anon. Who's going to forcibly pull someone to the gallows? Oh yea! Those same police you are trying to hang! Or worse, an unruly lynch mob. None of these are acceptable.
>>
>>30093198
This, people with a child-like mentality like here on /k/ who have never experienced real injustice like to go on about "muh rights" and complain about shit like they know what they're talking about, and they cheapen the charge of corruption to the point that REAL corruption is no longer taken seriously.
>>
>>30089447
thats because uncle sam wants to militarize the local constabulary.
>>
File: Truly For The Ants.gif (16 KB, 25x14) Image search: [Google]
Truly For The Ants.gif
16 KB, 25x14
>>30093179
No, it's fucking tiny.
>>
>>30093150
No, the State should not have the power to determine who can live and can not. Again, the only exception should be for agents of the state itself because A) they cede their rights upon assuming agency, and B) because it is not a conflict of interests between the citizenry and the state.
>>
>>30093215
ok you are just retarded
>>
>>30093237
Small corruption (Letting your fellow "brother" off for speeding or a DUI) begets larger corruption. Cops think they are above the public at large. They aren't. They are SERVANTS, their sole job is to service me. Anything that is contrary to that end is an illegitimate use of power and should be punished swiftly and harshly in any and all instances.
>>
when it says "to protect and serve" on the side of the cruiser, they mean themselves.

when you unload 16 shots into an unarmed teenager, then the state's attorney covers it up for over a year, and this type of thing is found to be systemic in the judicial system, then yeah, fuck the police.

they keep saying "oh its just one bad apple" forgetting that one bad apple SPOILS THE WHOLE BUNCH.

make settlements come out of the police pension fund and this problem fixes itself overnight.
>>
>>30093281
>their sole job is to service me.

Their job is to enforce the law. That includes enforcing it when YOU break it. So no, their job isn't to serve YOU, it is to serve society and YOU are not always going to like what that entails.
>>
>>30089948
If a person is to frightened by the prospect of being shot, to the point of preemptively shooting other people with "gun like cell phone grips", that person is too cowardly to rely on for the protection and service they are meant for, let alone trustworthy to make the choice to end a life. Another angle, there is a difference between am officer that prays never to have to shoot, and the state sanctioned murderer daring people to give a reason. That latter prick, that cowardly pussy is why citizens and police alike are dropping like flies. It's bad enough they aren't allowed to have a respectable iq. At least hire some people with the balls to do the job as it should be done.
>>
>>30093303
Then enforce it when your fellow cops break it, or join them in the noose. Public hangings should be the ONLY tool of police discipline and should be employed liberally.
>>
>>30090088
Anyone else notice that bootlickers often post fur pics/memes?
>>
>>30093298
who are you talking about
>>
>>30093320
>Public hangings should be the ONLY tool of police discipline
kek. what about the public when they break the law?
>>
>>30093303
the issue is what happens when the cops disregard the law, you statist fuckhead.
>>
>>30093320
You're a fucking child with who wouldn't know real injustice if it slapped you in the face.

You sound like a 14 year old who's pissed that the mean old police told him to stop skateboarding in the mall parking lot.
>>
>>30093331
The public is not vested with power. Haven't you read anything is this thread? Only Agents of the State are eligible for such punishment.
>>
>>30093339
>You don't support the summary execution of public servants on the whims of angry retards who think they know the law better than they actually do
>You must be a statist

Kill yourself you ingrate.
>>
>>30093350
>Only Agents of the State are eligible for such punishment.
why because you say so?
>>
>>30093360
>Summary execution
>Implying a trial would not be involved
No.
>>30093367
Because they are vested with power. How many times do you need this repeated?
>>
Threadly reminder that the police have no obligation, legally, professionally or constitutionally wise to do their job.

Why put any faith in them besides enforcing traffic laws?
>>
>>30093160
The funny thing is they actually borrowed an armored truck from a money moving outfit during the north hollywood shootout and used that as a justification on the need for exmil AFV's.
>>
>>30093379
Yes, a trial by a mob made up of the same retards like you who decide someone is guilty before they even know the facts just because "muh corrupt police are always wrong"

I'm sure that will be fair.

Because God knows you aren't going to let people who understand this shit sort it out.
>>
>>30093379
i want hangings for people who break the law
>>
>>30093410
Conflict of interests. Unless you think the State has the legitimate power to determine who dies and who does not. In which case you're wrong.
>>30093405
No, there should be a special court system for Agents of the State, dedicated solely to their prosecution.
>>
>>30093381
>Threadly reminder that the police have no obligation, legally, professionally or constitutionally wise to do their job.
But that's wrong.

What they don't have a responsibility to do is to protect members of the public.
>>
>>30093434
a jury made up of your peers should decide if you are guilty. not every crime warrants the death penalty
>>
>>30093457
It does if you're a agent of the state. Have to be firm to maintain a proper attitude with your (the publics) servants.
>>
>>30093434

>there should be a special court system for Agents of the State

Yeah? Run by who?

The same state that the police work for?

People already bitch about internal affairs investigations and say they cover shit up, how the fuck do you think having an entire court system set up for them will be any different?
>>
>>30093472
>People already bitch about internal affairs investigations and say they cover shit up
which is completely retarded to think
>>
>>30089312
>monopoly of force

Do you listen to Dan Bongino at all? He loves that phrase.
>>
>>30093472
Internal Affairs are required to interact and be a part of the departments they supposedly investigate. One that is separate in all aspects can be expected to be at least reasonably impartial.
>>
>>30093141
>>30093140
>>30093178
>responding to 12 year olds
>>
>>30093449
Which supposedly is the job they are hired and trained for.
>>
>>30089250
Best part is the cop that shot him--with his patrol rifle no less, had "Die Motherfucker Die" on his dust cover or some shit.

Gonna be fun seeing piggies get roasted in this.
>>
>give police their tonfa batons back
>riot and ballistic shields in every cruiser.
>bean bag shotguns
>bolas
>sasumatas
>police wear plate carriers with esapi plates instead of concealed lvl II soft vests. plate carriers will have a hi vix yellow fabric with reflective tape stripes.
>third party independent investigation of every time a police officer shoots or badly injures someone.
>automatically send all police that kill someone, to trial.
>no more paid vacations for police sitting off duty while being investigated,
>>
>>30093514
he was not charged. go smoke a bowl
>>
>>30093487
And yet this thread exists, showcasing the very people who believe it.

>>30093504
>One that is separate in all aspects can be expected to be at least reasonably impartial

Yeah, tell that to the people who burn their own cities to the ground when their own peers acquit accused officers. I'm sure they'll believe that this "special court system" is totally impartial and definitely not claim that it covers up "obvious" crimes whenever an officer isn't hanged in the street because they shot some violent dickhead.
>>
>>30093535
>And yet this thread exists, showcasing the very people who believe it.
i know. every time there is a cop thread, like clock work
>>
>>30093114
>Implying mobsters didn't roll around with fucking Thompsons, BARs, and Saturday night specials before hand
>Implying the original NFA wasn't to get these weapons off the streets.
>Implying there aren't also doesn't of fucking laws to protect cops
>Implying they aren't trying to ban body armor now because a few guys in the fucking 90s were wearing level II vests in a shoot out.

I don't understand. We already gave up full autos and created cuckstamps for the piggies to feel safe. I shouldn't have to risk being shot by a crazy fatass because he needs to nut up after being rejected by the Muhreens.
>>
File: 1450623104864.gif (1 MB, 283x153) Image search: [Google]
1450623104864.gif
1 MB, 283x153
>>30092673

Me three.
>>
>>30093548
I mean really, I'm not a cop and I don't particularly like the idea of cops, but the barbarism and fucking insanity I'm seeing in this thread is unreal.

Edgy cunts without a fucking clue.
>>
>>30093535
Those are run by the same prosecutors who require police cooperation for all other trials. Again, the implication is that said regular prosecutors must go easy on police (and they often do) because if they don't the "Blue wall of silence" will make all their other cases difficult/impossible. Dedicated prosecutors have no such incentive, because their only job is to prosecute police.
>>
>>30093281
They are there to serve society, not one individual dumbass.
>>
>>30093487
What? That shit happens all the time, do you think believing the Earth is round is retarded too?
>>
>>30093597
You're missing the point. The same people who riot every time a cop is acquitted of a crime are not going to stop because you've created some separate system.

Is this hypothetical system still going to be run by the state? Police still work for the state, and that's all the justification people will need to claim it's a fucking farce any time that they are not found guilty.

Will it be privately run? Good fucking luck with a private court system, I'm sure that won't be AT ALL corrupt.

There is no fucking means of "fairly" investigating and trying police officers in a way that makes everyone happy because you're either throwing them to the retarded masses who will demand their head no matter what the evidence suggests or you will have internal investigations or investigations conducted by the state that the same public will never fucking trust.
>>
>>30093050
I'm fine with the cops doing their jobs, as long as that job does not include executing no knock raids on the wrong house and flash banging babies in their cribs. The military has stricter ROE than the majority of the half trained police SWAT teams out there.

And those no knock raids are the result of departmental greed based on civil forfeiture laws. The reason it's being noticed is that raiding small time dealers isn't bringing in as much cash as they would like. So they're expanding into the middle and upper classes on the off chance they'll be able to seize more property.

In one case, a Georgia sheriff department basically murdered a business man on the say so of a convicted meth head.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/10/06/meet-59-year-old-david-hooks-the-latest-drug-raid-fatality/

Now, tell me if the cops didn't stand to seize millions of dollars in assets, would they have gone ahead with a raid on the word of known drug user in possession of a stolen vehicle?
>>
>>30093650
The point is that people will always claim that any and all acquittals were the result of corruption regardless of whether they actually were or not.
>>
police that were involved in the shooting are fucked.

their own body cam video shows that he was complying with the police, showing his hands, and on the floor, pleading that the police don't shoot him.
>>
>>30093687

When blatant injustice is a regular thing any doubt can be easily blamed on it, as with liars, they lie...kinda hard to trust someone you catch lying as history goes on.

Doesn't stop, doesn't change.
>>
>>30093556
>Implying the original NFA wasn't to get these weapons off the streets.
The NFA was to keep WWI vets from obtaining enough firepower to force the government to give them their backpay.

And to fleece people trying to buy Thompsons and the like.
>>
>>30093677
no knock raids are a problem, i agree. if you believe me most cops dont like doing them either. when the hire ups want them there is not much the officers can do.

people need to realize there are problems on both sides of the law and recognize that as a fact, not just go around and blame the police for everything, people literally burnt down part of a city and they think its ok
>>
>>30093669
Trust is a result of time and repeated results. Even with the State itself managing the special courts, there is (or rather, would be) enough distance between them to be impartial. Then you would need time to build public trust/confidence.
>>
>>30093141
It creates an "us vs. them" mentality among the cops. They see everyone, not just the inner city gang banger, but EVERYONE as the enemy. It fosters the "I'm going home to my family no matter what" ethos, when, ironically, a soldier goes into harms way with a certain expectation of danger.
>>30093140
I'm not calling for cops to be disarmed. In a nation like ours, they should be as well armed as the general population.

But they should not be militarized in an end run around posse comitatus.
>>
>>30093743
>]
police in georgia no knocked a house and their flash bang went off right next to an infant. the flashbang badly burned the baby. the police says it wasn't their fault and tried to have no responsibility. They said that they couldn't know there was a baby in the house, because there was no toys strewn across the yard. the informant that pointed the police at the house was a known drug offender. they found nothing at the house. the family had to fight the police and government for over a year to get them to cover the baby's medical bills.
>>
>>30093795
what do you recommend they wear? ill tell you right now two piece class a uniforms like they used to wear are extremely uncomfortable
>>
>>30093821
i am well aware of what happened as its pointed out in every single leo thread. maybe re read my post then respond to me
>>
>>30093731
>as with liars, they lie

Just like the people accusing the police, just as often as the police lie themselves.

>>30093752
>Even with the State itself managing the special courts, there is (or rather, would be) enough distance between them to be impartial.

Yeah, I don't believe these people will see it that way. The "hang all cops" spitfucks like in this thread will not be satisfied until police accused of a crime are subject to a lynch mob.

Any attempt to give them a fair trial will be shot down as an attempt by the state to protect their own because in the mind of these anti-cop asshats, an accusation equates to automatic guilt in every case, and the standard of proof needs to be so low that an inkling of anything short of 100% perfection on the officer's part amounts to intent to abuse their power.

Just so that they can "stick it to the man".

>>30093795
I don't disagree with that.
>>
>>30093179
The problem here is no matter how well armed the cops are, when rioting gets really out of hand, the cops leave.

The obvious solution of fire hoses used as non lethal force isn't politically viable anymore because of Bull Conner, but otherwise it's a perfect solution.
>chimpening in progress
>armored car with water cannon rolls up
>begins hosing down crowd while also putting out fires
Of course that couldn't be allowed. For one, the crowd couldn't successfully riot to drive a political agenda. For another, cops can't look all military operator badass hosing down people from a glorified firetruck. And if course the SJWs would flip the fuck out.

Which would be a win/win in my book.
>>
>>30093881
they should have started shooting people as soon as buildings went up in flames. its completely retarded that people can get away with putting a city in danger.

firemen cant do their job because they get beat up or fired at, cops cant do their job because its racist. people are so fucked in the head and entitled these days
>>
guy borrows an AR15 from a friend to work on marksmanship before joining military. is shooting it at a range and due to malfunction, fires more than one round per trigger pull, once.

police are at this range and question him about it. guy says it was a malfunction because of worn parts. police there say ok and then nothing happens.

then a day or two later the ATF drives an armored car through the AR15 owner's house. they beat up and arrest the owner, tear up his house. seized his computers, guns, and other items. charged him with illegal manufacture and transfer of a machine gun. during the trial the expert witnesses say the gun was not a machine gun, it was just worn. They still press with the prosecution and somehow got a conviction.
>>
>>30093944
atf is federal, we are talking about state police. no one likes the atf
>>
>>30093743
I understand that. I get that society at large has been consistently fucked over by both the left and the right.

I won't deny being a cop is a rough job with relatively shitty pay.

But I do not like the militaristic attitude of the new generation. In my home town we have a pretty good police department, but you can spot the old school cops from the new paramilitary cops coming out of the academy. A couple of the Old school sergeants I know still wear lowquarters with dress pants. They have an attitude of confidence and professionalism that the new breed lacks.

The new guys are all wearing combat boots with bloused black BDU pants. And they all have that edgy "operator" thing going. They also call anyone who's not a cop a civilian and get pissed when you remind them they are civilians, too.
>>
File: 55bc3db00e254.image.jpg (81 KB, 760x504) Image search: [Google]
55bc3db00e254.image.jpg
81 KB, 760x504
>>30093831
Something similar to uniform business casual would work well. Polo or light knit short sleeve button up in summer, long sleeves in winter with working slacks like dickies and either low quarters or boots unbloused. You'd want it comfortable but professional. Something similar to what this bike cool is wearing, minus the helmet, riding boots and high vis panels. Though the high vis would be a good idea for patrol officers, since most are killed and injured during traffic stops.
>>
File: p11c.jpg (15 KB, 450x272) Image search: [Google]
p11c.jpg
15 KB, 450x272
>>30093922
The obvious solution was for the firemen to hose down protesters. A gallon of water weighs eight pounds and a typical firehose puts out between 95 and 150 gallons of water per minute. If that's turned on a crowd, they aren't standing up, let alone shooting or rioting.
>>
>>30093983
Can confirm. Local cops hate the ATF. They are a whole different level of incompetent fuckery.
>>
>>30093881
>>30093922
>>30094348
All these. We should really bring back the water cannons and hoses, fuck what the SJWs and the leftys think. Nonlethal, can take care of fires and can dissipate a protest in a heartbeat. Hell, even other countries are still using hem and they were effective dispersing rioters.
>>
File: British-Police-in-Magaluf[1].jpg (313 KB, 1732x1227) Image search: [Google]
British-Police-in-Magaluf[1].jpg
313 KB, 1732x1227
>>30094291
I think cops' uniforms and their vehicles livery, should be in hi viz colors.

uniformed police should be very obvious. so people can spot them when they need help. the police are supposed to be out there to help people. Not to just drive around in black cars witih dark grey markings and shoot people.
>>
>>30093303
This guy is basically saying that if the entire society is a corrupt shit show t he police are going to be just as corrupt because thats how the society is

its really sad and i think this poster should be drawn and quartered
>>
Any laws enforced that go against the constitution and bill of rights should not be followed

The thing is that the very idea of what LAW is has been changed
>>
So much so that people need to pay for "permits" and "licenses" for rights they already have.

Youre pretty much paying for your rights back that can be "taken away" at the governments discretion
>>
Like a negative feedback loop
>>
File: 1442672456219.jpg (35 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1442672456219.jpg
35 KB, 500x435
>>30089250
I don't have a problem with police being """"militarized"""". What I do have a problem with is when police agencies hand out fancy gear and shit to their officers without training them or putting them through rigorous qualifications so they don't make a bunch of careless fuckups like lighting up an innocent and unarmed civillian when they get spooked.

If civillians can own shit like peq boxes, ar15's and plate carriers legally, cops should too. But that being said, the same thing applies to civillians. You should take it upon yourself to train and be a competent shooter and thinker just like police should.

It's more of a problem with incompetence, not equipment. It's a shame the LE community attracts dense headed bullies that are just itching to kill someone or shoot an animal.

And laugh at any cop who has the audacity to wear a fucking shemagh in a metropolitan area.
>>
>>30094742
my problem is that the threshold and justification for the police to use violence and lethal violence.

police should not simply be able to say "i was scared for my life". they're the police, we pay them to go into these situations. so their rules of engagement must be tougher than George Zimmerman's.
>>
>>30089472
>>30089921
>>30092930

You're both missing the point. I'm not referring to this thing. I didn't even pay attention. If a cop walks up on another guy beating the brains out of some dwarf or something and shoots him, that man was unarmed. Just because he was unarmed is not reason enough to try alternative means of restraining first.
>>
>>30094742
This

I don't care if the police are militarized as long as the populace can be equally militarized.
>>
>>30094742
>It's a shame the LE community attracts dense headed bullies that are just itching to kill someone or shoot an animal.

this is the biggest problem with police in any country, really. it doesn't matter what gear they have, what matters is that people attracted to power tend to become cops. another issue is that in a lot of places, departments can't be super picky because no one else wants to be cops.

this is why im all in favor of robot cops.
>>
so youre telling me anytime i come in contacy with the police i risk being shot for not complying with orders that hold no real legal ground?

Then if i complain about this obvious bullshit people will berate me and insult me and try to shut me up about it?

And you think this ok?

Id rather die senpai
>>
>>30089250

I have no problem with militarized police so long as the general populace is capable of being armed just as well
>>
>>30094795
you run the risk of being killed by the police in any interaction with them. all they have to do is say "he was going for my gun", or "I thought he had a weapon". as long as their is no video evidence to counter the police statement. the police won't even go to trial.
>>
>>30094795

when you're dealing with the police, play by their rules. the number one way to piss off a cop is to tell them they can't do something. the best way to get back at them is in the courtroom, so its nice to have dash cams.
>>
>>30094821
[tinfoil hat intensifies]
>>
>>30093234
Oh that's the best part. The hangman would be the department head/police chief. You'd get the whole department out there in their dress uniforms and they'd have to watch. And to really drive home the message, it'd be done on steps of the police department.
>>
>>30094841
How if all that will happen is he gets off or fired and hired at another department while the taxpayers pay for cops bullshit
>>
>>30094907
I doubt This new gen of cops even care about their police chief

They are already oathbreakers
>>
>>30094935
Gotta have the pageantry, makes it more symbolic. Plus it's better for culture change.
>>
>>30089312
THIS

FUCKING THIS 10000000x TIMES

THIS IS WHAT THE 2nd AMENDMENT WAS MEANT FOR.

THE 2ND AMENDMENT SHOULD JUSTIFY THE KILLING OF CORRUPT COPS.

I mean, i like cops and shits, but aren't corrupt cops that just want to arrest you or kill you for no reason tyrannic themselves?
>>
File: 1462764652218.jpg (75 KB, 817x434) Image search: [Google]
1462764652218.jpg
75 KB, 817x434
>>30089250
Relevant pic.
>>
File: GodDamnIt.jpg (195 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
GodDamnIt.jpg
195 KB, 1224x1445
>>30093083
>reports of a school shooting
>have to choose between gear that will let me stop the threath and save lifes, or go in with jack shit and die along with the kids i was supposed to protect
>>
>>30095245
How many school shootings have honestly been stopped by the cops killing the killer tho?
>>
>>30095319
Far more often than not mass shooters give up and eat their own bullets at the first sign of resistance. It shatters their delusion that they are an invincible warrior god.
>>
File: 1464234588673.jpg (56 KB, 393x326) Image search: [Google]
1464234588673.jpg
56 KB, 393x326
>>30095245
>Using a statistical anomaly as an arguing point

You're not very good at this
>>
>>30094999
Look up your local self-defense laws and realize they apply to everyone equally.
>>
>>30090227
hazard pay
>>
lfofag here it really is corrupt, and it will get worse, and yes we are turning into death squads.

i am planning on getting the fuck out this country soon i would suggest you all do the same
>>
>>30089250
>Are the police becoming too militarized?

If they are, it's because typical criminal faggots are, I think.
>>
File: 1449455904789.jpg (47 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1449455904789.jpg
47 KB, 500x357
>homicide rate is half of what it was in 1992
>YOU STUPID CIVILIANS DON'T UNDERSTAND MY JOB IS SO MUCH MORE DANGEROUS NOW
>clearly, this has nothing to do with delicious DHS funding and civil asset forfeiture paying the bills
>this is about officer safety
>>
>>30089250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ldy2s0ibvw
>Philip Brailsford, former Mesa police officer charged with second-degree murder of Daniel Shaver.
>>
>>30093179

i could crush that riot under my boot
>>
>>30099447
If he was a nig every one would be singing a different tune
>>
>>30099660
oh please, cop fucked up and cop got charged with murder. That's how it should be.
>>
>>30099704
How many cops didnt fuck up shooting a nigger? Oh but you get to play your libertarian dont tread on me card here cause hes white
>>
>>30099732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ldy2s0ibvw
>@32m50s
>>
>>30099732
>>30099761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzELHfulLXg
>@7m30s
>>
>>30099784
Well it went to trial so of course you could post this shit, im sure if half the nigs killed by cops went to trial then half of those would have a witness saying that the deceased was cooperating with police or not an immediate danger
>>
>>30089250
Sorry but I fail to see what you mean when you say "too militarized" anywhere in this video. Too militarized to me means cops in fatigues, tac gear, and full auto rifles. Look at the cops after Ferguson and you can see they basically have vehicles similar to tanks. In the video they're being maybe a bit too aggressive but considering that these kids fucked up another convenience store it's not totally unjustified.
>>
>>30099732
>How many cops didnt fuck up shooting a nigger?
Cops dont shoot niggers that do nothing everyday. If you see a cop shooting a nigger its because its just another case of a fuckup cop like this one or because the nigger was a dindu nuffin trayvon martin.
>>
>>30092873

Where is your evidence cunt?
>>
>>30089312
The FBI sure fucking listened after Mcveigh.
>>
>>30099954
He's an LEO describing under oath what is on a video tape that will be admitted into evidence.

I would like to congratulate you on being the single dumbest poster I've come across ever on 4chan. It's really an impressive feat. Congratulations!
>>
>>30089312
>that magazine brought to you by Hillary and Bill Clinton circa 1994.
Never forget, oh and it was George Bush that undid it.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.