[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sword Tread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
What sword do u consider being the best and why? I have 3000€ to spare
>>
File: Soeborg-3.jpg (40 KB, 576x768) Image search: [Google]
Soeborg-3.jpg
40 KB, 576x768
>>30025231
Albion. Or get custom built. http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/johnsson/swords-museum.htm
>>
>>30025299
That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.
>>
>>30025231

Dude swords are piss easy to make, forge your own and save the money.
>>
>>30028208
is this pasta?
>>
>>30028208
Decent pasta.
>>
File: Empire.png (322 KB, 556x610) Image search: [Google]
Empire.png
322 KB, 556x610
>>30028208
top kek, weeaboooooo
>>
>>30028208

Epic pasta

That said, katanas are one of the best designs. A classic. Like the fedora.
>>
File: Clap.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
Clap.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>30028208
>>
>>30028208
>thats about $30

FTFY
>>
>>30028327
>Slightly bent sharp stick
>Best design

No. They're a simple and iconic design that served its purpose, its purpose being "Not a hell of a lot."
>>
>>30028208
>and fold it up to a million times
had me until here
>>
>>30028360

It's not like they made them curved on purpose or anything.

>>30028379

Actually you only have to fold them 20 times to make the steel fold a million times. That information is accurate.
>>
File: Mosin_nagant_m9130_from_cia.jpg (24 KB, 1200x377) Image search: [Google]
Mosin_nagant_m9130_from_cia.jpg
24 KB, 1200x377
Mosin nagant.

It'll only cost you about 50 of your country's monopoly bucks.

It'll shoot any faggot dead that comes at you with some humpty dumpty sword.
>>
>>30028445
You misunderstand a little. It will have over a million layers if folded 20 times, but that's not what the meme is. Also, the majority of the "layers" did not exist in separate entities, but welded together and homogenized. The entire purpose of the repeated foldings was to work out the huge levels of impurities present in Japanese steel.
>>
>>30028445

You clearly have not watched the anime vice documentary on how katana swords cut off several mma US navy seals head in one deathmatch.

The international space station currently armors their space station with 20 times folded katana blades to deflect any and all militaristic asteroids from penetrating the premises.
>>
>>30028695

>The entire purpose of the repeated foldings was to work out the huge levels of impurities present in Japanese steel

>If I mechanically rearrange the same matter over and over, it changes chemically.

You're saying stupid shit, get out.
>>
>>30028775
Having a hard time telling if you're trolling or ignorant. Being 4chan, I'll just assume troll. 6/10. Convincing, but not anger-inducing.
>>
>>30028775
Good to know you can just put eggs flour salt yeast and baking powder in a bowl and your cake is ready to eat.

Retard.
>>
>>30028208
why did this pasta fall out of popularity?

But actually, nobody bothered fucking with japan because they were isolationist and had no resources.
Later people wanted to trade with them so they got forced to open up.

Japan had a lot of trouble with tiny things over their lifetime. Biggest, most historical damage was done by barbarians in the north, from which samurai got their fighting style. Then they had trouble with christians. Then they tried conquering korea but went full retard and got fucked up so hard by china they had to lie to their emperor about it for a decade.
Then finally in late 1800's they got forced open and jump forward in technology by a millenia.
>>
>>30028731
there have been warp travel concepts that are similiar, mainly a katana placed on the nosecone of the rocket and aimed towards a black hole to cut through space time contiinuum
>>
>>30025299
Yup, this breddy much
>>
>>30031445
>Then they tried conquering korea but went full retard and got fucked up so hard by china they had to lie to their emperor about it for a decade.
>>
>>30031777
On the plus side they came back with boatfulls of noses.
>>
>>30025231
>What is the best sword
That depends entirely upon what you need it to do.

If I was you, I would spend the money building a rifle sized air cannon that shoots marbles/ball bearings instead.

Much cooler.
>>
>>30031837
Could you provide a link that breaks this down or could you explain it? I'm mainly interested about the part where the emperor went ten years without realizing that they lost the war.
>>
>>30028235
>forge your own

please show us your super cool kitchen sink forge and pig iron shanks
>>
>>30031887

That's what confuses me too, but then again, the emperor at the time had little to do with politics anyways. It wouldn't have mattered if he had the wool pulled over his eyes.
>>
File: 185[1].jpg (4 KB, 185x92) Image search: [Google]
185[1].jpg
4 KB, 185x92
>>30025231
Shitposter here. Is there a real life version of this weapon?
>>
>>30028269
yes
>>
>>30025231
The one you make yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R62TPFzBQ40

In all honesty, making one yourself and doing your own etchwork, tinting, staining, burn stenciling and so on. Perhaps make it a wall piece for art alone.

You want a practice sword for learning.
>>
>>30028235
>Dude sword like objects of questionable quality are piss easy to make, forge your own and save the money.
>ftfy
>>
>>30031323
>>30031377
explain how the impurities are supposed to magically go away
>>
>>30032666
The impurities move to the surface and burns up
>>
>>30032666
It is called refining and was done for centuries, also in Europe, the German term for it is Gärbstahl or Raffinierstahl.
Basically you hammer out molten slag ( and with it certain unwanted elements) and burn off excess carbon.
>>
>>30031887
it was basically the samurai in korea knew they fucked up and china demanded to speak with the emperor. They got their own translator that translated everything into basically "we so sorry we surrender"
And it wasn't found out until chinese came with their own translator
>>
>>30032666
they rise to the top and burn away and the folded structure adds adittional streght meaning superior japanese master treated steel is as bout as good as quality as shitty rusty european steel
>>
File: Confederate 1840 pattern.jpg (30 KB, 770x429) Image search: [Google]
Confederate 1840 pattern.jpg
30 KB, 770x429
>>30025231
>what sword
No such thing as best sword. but there is such a thing as best quality from a factory.

so in essence
>>30025299
/thread.

That said, Military Sabers are my favorite type of sword and i fully intend buying an original 1860 or an 1840. although i'd kill to get my hands on a Nashville plow works made sword.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.