[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't been to /k/ in years. Do we still do gear? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11
File: alien_gear_cloak-3.jpg (72 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
alien_gear_cloak-3.jpg
72 KB, 800x600
Haven't been to /k/ in years. Do we still do gear?

I'm looking to buy a new IWB holster, and I've heard good things about Alien Gear. MTAC and Crossbreed used to be the top of the crop last time I looked, but Alien gear looks unbeatable in price (though that's also possibly a worry).

Pic related is an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3

What does /k/ think? Preferably from people that have actually used one.

Otherwise, holster recommendations in general. Go.
>>
>>30013086
alien gear falls apart fast.

I like MTG
https://megiddotacticalgroup.com/product/mtg-iwb-holster/
>>
stealthgear onyx iwb
>>
>Haven't been to /k/ in years
>do we still do gear
>I'm looking to buy a new IWB holster, and I've heard good things about Alien Gear

So you are implying you already have/had IWB holster(s), and are looking to buy a new one, and are looking at Aliengear of all things? A brand that anyone who has ever actually carried a gun and used a holster is shit, even for babby's first carry rig.

>hur dur its been awhile guys

No one cares if you are a newfag, just ask for a holster and be done with it, instead of making yourself look like a fucking idiot.

Pancake holsters suck ass in general

Incog
Blade Tech Micro(Isn't Kydex but whatever, close enough)/KRounds IWB standard
Galco Triton
Literally any number of Kydex holster makers
etc.
Comp Tac
>>
>>30013138

Have had my 2.0 for several yrs. Only time I don't have it on is when showering, sleeping, etc...have had zero issues with it, held up perfectly.
>>
>>30013260
>So you are implying you already have/had IWB holster(s), and are looking to buy a new one
I have a Galco N3 for my P229. I don't like it.
I'm using my Glock more often these days so I need a holster for it.

>No one cares if you are a newfag, just ask for a holster and be done with it, instead of making yourself look like a fucking idiot.
I'm certainly not a newfag; I also don't spend time knowing all there is to know about holsters. Hence the question.
Not exactly sure how that makes me look like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>30013190
I been using two stealthgear holsters. One lives in a glove box with a gun in it so I always have something to strap on if needed. They are holding up good. 1.5 years of putting them off and on every other day. One is an appendix IWB and the other a traditional 2 clip 4 o'clock IWB. Really comfy, forget I am wearing them. Haven't ever given leather backed holsters a fair shot though.
>>
>>30013304
>I don't spend time knowing all there is to know about holsters

So, you don't put any thought, time, or effort into researching a crucial component of the whole, carrying a gun part of carrying a gun?
>>
File: CZHolstered.jpg (2 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
CZHolstered.jpg
2 MB, 2656x1494
>>30013086
I got one for my VP9, fell apart pretty quickly, but I hear poorfags rant about them all the time, so it's worth a shot.
For carry, I keep my P01 in a Crossbreed supertuck, I fucking love that holster

Or I run a Glock 43 in a pocket holster, and that's actually pretty nice.
>>
>>30013086
I have a 3.0 and it's fucking legit. Alien Gear is top notch.
>>
>>30013350
>So, you don't put any thought, time, or effort into researching a crucial component of the whole, carrying a gun part of carrying a gun?
The fuck do you think I'm doing now? I was recommended an Alien Gear and now I'm here getting other opinions on it.
Why would I need to constantly research holsters when I'm just now looking at switching what I carry?
Calm down autist.

>>30013392
Which version fell apart on you?

My Glock is a full size 17 so printing is an issue. Anecdotally I've heard Crossbreeds with big guns stick out.
>>
>>30013392
>Buying a holster with crosses on it
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY OUR SNIPERS /10
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 630x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 630x319
What does /k/ think of the Raven Concealment Vanguard 2?
>>
File: 0*mynHZgOXl85V5oro.jpg (59 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
0*mynHZgOXl85V5oro.jpg
59 KB, 640x300
>>30013392
>run a Glock 43
>>
>>30013138

Early AG stuff did but they've changed their materials. They're a lot higher quality these days. For budget holsters they're good for the money.
>>
>>30013487
Oh shit, I completely forgot this existed.
Seconding this.
>>
>>30013449
The Cloak Tuck 3

I mean, the p-01 isn't a full size guns, but it's fairly large and conceals just fine for me, though I'm a bigger dude so that could be it.

Now, I'm all for carrying what you want, but a 17 might be "less than ideal" for CC in my personal opinion

Carrying that 43 is so fucking nice, I probably wouldn't go any smaller though, I just need them to make one in 10mm for maximum memes
>>
>>30013482
Trust me, if It didn't come with them on it, I'd be happier. I just hope some fudd doesn't see the belt clips and try to talk to me about jeebus

>>30013492
I mean, it's great for pocket carry, Plus I can carry it very easily in slacks and kakhis so it's nice for work when I need to tuck my dress shirts in,
>>
>>30013482
>an hero
>>
>>30013086
We have gear queer and camo threads almost daily. Welcome back.
>>
>>30013508
Yea, a 19 would probably be better but I originally got the 17 as a car/house gun. It works well enough when I mexican carry it, no printing unless it's a really tight shirt, though that's like no profile sine there's no holster... idk how much that would change with one. Also, it's lighter than my 229 so w/e.
>>
File: CZ43.jpg (892 KB, 4250x2390) Image search: [Google]
CZ43.jpg
892 KB, 4250x2390
>>30013539
>>30013508
But in all honesty OP

>Lifetime warranty
>They'll trade out kydex when you get a new gun
>Super fucking cheap

I mean, at that price it's worth a shot at least, maybe I just got a jank one, I don't even carry the VP9 frequently anyway
>>
>>30013560
Oh wow, didn't expect to recognize any tripfags from the old days.
(rip in pieces FPoP)

>>30013611
Yea, I mean the price and their warranty/trade in was attractive enough for me to want to try them over something more "tried and true" like a Crossbreed or Comp-tac.
I need a gun belt too so I was going to do their combo deal thing, so even if it turns out to be a shit holster, I paid what, $25 for it? since I'll use the belt anyway.

Appreciate the input, but pls display your MAGA hat more prominently in the future.
>>
Alien gear is great
>>
File: handgats.jpg (3 MB, 4781x2689) Image search: [Google]
handgats.jpg
3 MB, 4781x2689
>>30013714
Surethang
I'll even throw in a random group photo
>>
File: DSCF8138.jpg (2 MB, 3839x2465) Image search: [Google]
DSCF8138.jpg
2 MB, 3839x2465
I've been carrying with the alien gear cloak tuck 2.0 for 2 years now.. it's just now starting to smell a little funky. It is very comfortable.. but you need to wear an undershirt between your skin and the holster so it doesn't absorb your sweat. They also take forever to come in the mail because of the high demand.
>>
>>30014564
good to know, but also from their description it's something they addressed with their 3.0 design. I usually wear an undershirt anyway though so w/e.

Anyone have experience with their belts?
>>
File: 6210598114_6670175633_b.jpg (211 KB, 778x533) Image search: [Google]
6210598114_6670175633_b.jpg
211 KB, 778x533
>>30014710
5.11 Operator belt is the way to go.
>>
File: 1458068923980.png (1 MB, 977x713) Image search: [Google]
1458068923980.png
1 MB, 977x713
>>30013866
>Those guns
>That hat
>The patches
very nice
>>
>>30014810
n-no thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This is now an Alien Gear thread.
>>
I've been using a Galco KingTuk for the last few months.
Best holster I've ever owned tbqh senpai.
I forget I'm even wearing it most of the time.

Then again I carry a Glock 26 so it doesn't weigh anything anyway, but it's still a great holster.
>>
>>30014710
I haven't read or heard about their belts.

But from here and other sources, the Amish all leather belts seem to be the very best. Can find them on Amazon? Any search will give you the rest of the info.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
>>
Carry in Alien Gear every day. Cloak Tuck 2, Cloak Slide, and Cloak Mod, depends on what I am wearing.

There are a few rough edges, but they clean up in like, 5 minutes. My main carry is my G19MOS with a Vortex. I cut down the shell to accommodate it. Even IWB with the red dot on it, it vanishes. But then, I'm also pretty big and all.
>>
>>30014710
I bought one of their belts a month ago.
I wear it even when not carrying a gun.
I wear that bitch when I have shorts on.
I wear that bitch when I go to court.

I shouldn't wear that bitch to court. It counts as a weapon.
>>
>>30013086
I liked my Cloak Tuck 2.0 and liked it, but it tore on the retardedly sharp edge of my S&W59

I figure the 3.0 would fix that and I'm probably going to just buy the backer and put my shells on it
>>
>>30014810
I have that belt
I got the heavy duty double thick doubles stitch whatever and it's a great fucking belt
>>
>>30013138
Just like anything. Take care of it and it works great. I've had mine for about 3 years with no issues
>>
The remora carbon carry is a great holster and cheap as hell.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.