[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elona General - Cute Hedgehog Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: DSC_0043.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0043.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Wiki: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
Previous threads: Archive is a fucking dead! Dead!
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/T2RCwdh8
>>
Some kind of guide from anon that i find pretty good http://pastebin.com/tuXqJadN

anyone here knows if there is a way to make custom shopkeeper in your house (sprite / portrait) ?
>>
File: 1395760713856.jpg (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1395760713856.jpg
178 KB, 500x500
So I wanted to play again Elona after I dropped it in around 1.38.
Looking back at my most recent character I'm in this situation (linking to imgur since the image is huge). What should I exactly do right now? I think I was messing with gene engineering but I have no idea what I wanted to do last time, and no idea why the shotgun is with the silver eyed witch instead with one of the bells.
Pets by order are: Starting little girl that's now a Valkyrie, Asura, Little Sister, Bell, Silver eyed witch, Bell.

Also, how do the level of enemies and quests exactly scale? Just fame or is there more?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>14352805
Of course I forget the link: http://imgur.com/a/69ggK
>>
>>14352805
Quests, difficulty of enemies and quality of rewards, scale directly off of fame. Some of the better quests such as Panic quests aren't even available until you reach a certain amount of fame.

The shotgun is most effective at melee range so maybe you gave your Claymore it because she's often in melee range?

As for what you should be doing now, you need to start farming for gold. I'll leave how you make your hustle up to you but that gold should be invested into magic vendors found in your home and in various towns. Try to get their shop level to 150 or more to start seeing potions of potential. Get a stack of 10 or so and bless them. That should fix your attribute potential problems. Also with the farming of gold, make sure you're giving gold to your pets so they can use said gold to visit their trainer and raise both their attribute and skill potentials. That should keep your pets strong through north Tyris. You probably were gene engineering to add levels and skills that your pets were lacking. Keep doing that.
>>
is there a way to train Swimming quickly? running around in a pool is slow and stupid.
>>
>>14353682
Should train anytime you're wet, so just run cargo in the rain.
>>
>>14353694
it's not faster, though. I think one tile on the overworld is the same as one tile on small maps.
>>
File: 1336825241286.jpg (220 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1336825241286.jpg
220 KB, 800x600
Back when the original Elona was still being updated, there were custom faces like the one in the image.

Was there something similar to it for Elona+? There are a lot more face graphics now compared to back then.
>>
>>14353734
Just have a magaqua with you all the time then.
>>
>>14355020
Swimming don't train while you have a magaqua in your inventory.
>>
how important is Speed in E+?
i want to make a beefy Protection-whoring warrior, but i'd then get a pretty slow character. is it still viable?
>>
i get the message "something sucks your blood" and then i start bleeding badly, even though i'm just digging the walls in Palmia.
what's going on?
>>
File: face1.jpg (332 KB, 800x744) Image search: [Google]
face1.jpg
332 KB, 800x744
>>14354606
the one i use

>>14355324
why would it make you slow ? you can always ride tho i'm not sure whats the max speed while riding

>>14355363
probably have an item with "it sucks blood" equipped
>>
>>14355394
Is that picture resized or something? I tried using it but my game crashes as soon I enter in a dialogue.
>>
>>14355486
4chan doesn't allow bmp so i had to convert, you need to put it back in bmp
>>
Since speed upper sets my speed potential to 400%, it's better to drink them from time to time instead of chugging them all in one go right?
>>
>>14355531
You should probably reupload it in a lossless format (ie. PNG).
>>
>>14355754
uploaded it on elonaup

http://www.elonaup.x0.com/sozai/src/up7645.bmp
>>
how do you guys level performer ?
at skill lvl 8 i gain 0.003 xp per performance
>>
>>14355324
Speed is very important in Elona. You get more things you can do per turn against slower enemies. At the very least, you want your speed to be close to your enemies so they aren't getting more turns against you. There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to create a high PV(protection value) warrior with a lot of speed. In Elona, your speed won't suffer from wearing heavier armor. Your speed will suffer if you're carrying too many things and don't have the strength for it though.
>>
>>14355973
Perform for people in the cyber dome and your pet to start out with. Then just keep performing in those party quests. It's a skill grind. The party quests become easier when you learn ensemble. Both your pet and you perform and it makes it easier to impress the people at the parties. Got to have your pet learn performance though to get the most of it.
>>
>>14355973
If you really can't be assed with grinding use some skill points on it until you learn ensemble.

Gene engineer performer onto your pets, then always use ensemble special action.

Feather hats with Perform skill increase also helps quite a bit at the start.
>>
What's the best "herb in" combination?
I've heard using stomafilia as a base is the best but I can't seem to be able to make it since if I select Stomafilia as a base then I can't select it when it asks me to get that herb in the next step.
>>
>>14356712
Drop half your stom and set another half to no drop, pick up the rest and you get 2 stacks
>>
>>14356734
Thanks
>>
>>14355973

you need to perform for lots of things, ensemble will massively speed your gains but you will have to slog it out if you don't grind at the sisters mansion or have a ton of +performer gear
>>
What's the most profitable use of the big daddies?
>>
>>14359492

cashing in little sister points to get a million gems of kumiromi to grow a herb over and over
>>
>>14359886
i saw someone saying that you could give the gem to your pet, put the pet at the doujou and do the 2nd god reward to duplicate it

never tested it tho
>>
>>14359965

I believe in the lastest elona+ you can just go get them directly
>>
File: 2015-11-17_001055.png (516 KB, 1120x798) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-17_001055.png
516 KB, 1120x798
Yeah I'm the bad guy
>>
>>14359886
Is it more profitable to get more statues or more gems? Say, 50 of either.

On one hand, with 50 statues I can plant ~40 new herb seeds every 5 days, plus whatever herbs regrow after harvest (and 40 bonus artifact seeds) but minus whatever withers. I should end up with more and more herb plants to harvest each time. That's gonna be a whole lot of farms though.

On the other hand, with 50 gems I can get 25 full grown herbs every 3 days but would need to replenish a seed each time it doesn't regrow (unless gem ensures it regrows?) which will be up to 33% more likely due to not always being able to use lulwy statue when it's time to harvest. And I'll always harvest 25 herbs instead of an ever-increasing number of plants.

What about a couple of the opposite item? 5 gems can help take the sting off withering or 5 statues can help with replenishing herb seeds when repeat harvesting. Is kumiromi scissors repeatedly usable? That would certainly tip the balance toward getting more gems.
>>
>>14360223
The scissor of kumiromi assure regrowth of seed planted on field tiles.
So, assuming you got the scissors, gems are superior.

Especially if you play elona custom, which let you end harvest quest before their end, and so assure a steady trickle of herb seeds even at high speed.
>>
>>14360234
I was all excited about the scissors until I realized I had to kill Amurdad for it. Given how much trouble an anon had in the last thread he's guaranteed to flatten me.

But you make a good point. No-regrow chances are pretty low anyway, 13% with field tile and no rain means if I go through 25 full herbs I'd still only need maybe 5 seeds every 3 days to keep up. Considering I already have 5 statues and regularly use my fairy it makes sense to go for more gems.
>>
>>14355717
You'll be using Hermes potions too, which will kill your potential despite having a fixed boost that ignores potential. Best to give it to pets while boosting them with herbs.
>>
>>14360223
You can get as many herb seeds as you want by backspace+enter-ing the truce ground though
>>
File: 1447516869207.jpg (80 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
1447516869207.jpg
80 KB, 500x325
>>14362645
C-c-c-c-c-cheater !
>>
Bells aside, what are good pets? The asura I have isn't being that useful.
>>
>>14362930
Also I'm going to train a Miss Vampire even if she's bad, what would be the best equip (as in, is there anything that boosts magic device/potions thrown?) for her?
>>
>>14362963

not really, at best you can use the artifact fusion quest to make gear boost magic device.

>>14362930

you have to get the higher level asura type enemies, kali the level 175 version starts with a bunch of special abilities you would have to otherwise spend AP on. Most pets that shoot constantly are acceptable.
>>
>>14363019
Thanks, I'm still at a low level that's why I had an Asura.

Another question, evolving pets as soon as I can (at their lowest level) is the best thing to do right? Due to AP etc.
>>
>>14363299

depends on the bonus, speed is a huge pain in the ass once it's approaching 2000 and if your evolution gives them a hundred points of it you might want to hold off until it would be maxed out.
>>
>>14362645
Not only is this cheating but when I went to do this my god rewards got messed up. Not sure if my god reward bugging out is directly due to this but for now its suspect. Regardless, map resetting can have bad consequences it seems according to the wiki. Like it resets vendor investments and stuff. Well time to start a new character. It's not like I got that far anyhow.
>>
Is there a resume available of the story post vanilla Elona? Guess there's more stuff involving Messera but other than that I have no idea what's going on.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (301 KB, 802x633) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
301 KB, 802x633
>>14363019
Aww crap, I had no idea that Kali had Shadow Step, so I made this cat my dual wielder instead! Now the only way I can justify all the money and herbs I've been dumping on her is if they don't spam it as hard as she does. And I guess Kali vanilla sprites aren't very cute.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-11-17 19.58.12.png (512 KB, 810x722) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-17 19.58.12.png
512 KB, 810x722
Some men just want to watch the world burn
>>
>>14356712
curaria is better than stomafilia for base
>>
File: 2015-11-18_205714.png (756 KB, 1120x798) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-18_205714.png
756 KB, 1120x798
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
>>
>>14365475
>mfw freeing Ebon the fire giant before realizing i've run out of teleport scrolls
>>
>>14369024

just don't stand in the way of anything, Ebon is actually completely neutral to you
>>
>>14368539
This chen seems to starve a lot
>>
I want to start Elona but where exactly do I start? The pastebin has all these links to mods and expansions...
>>
>>14371158
Anon, the pastebin has the game in the first line of it...

All you need to do is download elona+ version 1.50. Once you have that unzip the folder and place it somewhere. Then after that download Elona Custom for its expanded translations. Copy the files in Elona Custom into your Elona+ folder and overwrite when asked. There, you're done and can start playing.
>>
>>14371255
>Anon, the pastebin has the game in the first line of it...
I wasn't completely sure, sorry. I didn't know if I should go base game or expansion. Thanks for the answer.
>>
>>14371286
Sorry as well. I'm not the creator of the pastebin but upon further examination of the pastebin I can see how someone could be confused. Elona is a game developed by Noa but he eventually stopped making content for the game. Modders then made mods to Elona to add features or even expand the story. Elona+ is one of these mods which is probably the most popular and has been pretty active in regards to getting new content. Despite Elona+ being tagged as a mod, it itself, can be considered a full game as it comes with everything needed to play right out of the box so to speak.
>>
File: 2015-11-19_153343.png (671 KB, 1120x798) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-19_153343.png
671 KB, 1120x798
Reading the wiki page it seems living weapons are a pain in the ass to keep, are they worth it?
Also the first thing I need to do is to take the weapon to +10 right?
>>
>>14372394

The most important thing is to not do anything with it at all until you can use the artifact fusion npc to add as many things as you can.

The weapon you have in particular is perfect for cheesing living weapons into having no drawback.
>>
Is it possible to custom the sprites of the workers at home? I know you can edit in game town NPCs but I can't find any option to do so at home.
>>
>>14373291
I was looking how to do this the other day but had no success.
Can't change creature them, can't use dresser either.
I read somewhere that the list of npc you can recruit is always the same (even in different games) so the chances are you need to find that list in order to modify them.
>>
Were those extra martial arts attacks removed from the game at some point? Does martial arts still hold its own against the other offensive possibilities?
>>
After playing legit roguelikes for some time Inferno mode became mere child's play. It's really a good thing that "grinding" is an option in this game isn't it?
>>
>>14376365
>It's really a good thing that "grinding" is an option in this game isn't it?
I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
I do enjoy the endless grind. I like Disgaea, too.
I wouldn't play a grinding game that didn't have cute girls.
>>
>>14382481
When you're anorexic.
>>
Stuff is disappearing in my palace, i had like 200 cargo of food in a stack that's not there anymore.
There is no way i moved them without noticing because i would've been stuck in place.

Anyone knows whats happening ?
>>
>>14382572
don't some NPCs sometimes eat stuff on the ground randomly?
>>
>>14382572
If you're at the item limit, the oldest item on the ground will be deleted when a new one is added. Even though you can't drop more stuff, things like visitors vomiting or other item-creating events will push you over and then stuff will start to disappear.
>>
>>14383392

>>14383392

Good riddance for cheating fuckers like you. Same for all the other "strategies" the devs are still too dumb to notice or are intentionally ignoring.
>>
File: Untitled.png (250 KB, 584x401) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
250 KB, 584x401
>>14383835
It's a mechanic.
>>
>>14383835
Wow, you actually consider what he did with the kitty bank cheating? Considering the rarity of flying scrolls, I would of hoped his kitty bank trick worked for him for his sake. Assuming his trick did work, it's not anything to be so ass devastated about. A person could make a shit ton more gold by doing other things than putzing around with kitty banks.
>>
>>14353070
>scale directly off of fame

Not for a long, long, time now. Stop spreading this. It's based on highest dungeon level cleared now,
>>
>>14385416
Quest difficulty is literally based on your fame and nothing else.
>>14353070
Dungeon level is literally based off of the highest level dungeon you've cleared and nothing else. Except as of the most recent patch the Opatos statue apparently has some effect on them.

While a lot of things are based on it,
>>
>>14385619
Dungeon level is a combination of highest cleared dungeon level, main story progress, and continent.
>>
>>14385416
>>14385619
I wasn't talking about dungeons. I was talking strictly about quests.
>>
>>14386320
Using flying scrolls in this manner seems like the entire reason there would be a 500M kitty bank at all. If something like this happened in nethack we'd say "yep the devs thought of everything", why is it an exploit here?
>>
>>14387037
Stacking extra ranged/melee attack equipment is pretty good if you want to maximize your damage per turn.
>>
>>14387037

you need multiple sources of extra attack #####+ to double your attacks but yeah it is a significant increase. Especially if your weapon invokes something
>>
I decided to try out Elona Custom, but when I installed it, my text became like this, any idea how to fix it? It appears just fine on standard Elona+
>>
>>14388431
Looks like its config.txt overwrote your original one. You'll have to go in and set the font again.
>>
>>14388431
>>14388449
My mistake. Just realized that spacing in standard Elona+ is fucked up as well (only in the bottom box though, the dialogue popup windows and other stuff are all fine), it was just less noticeable with different font.
Any idea what may be causing that and how to fix it, since turns out it's not Custom Elona's fault?
>>
>>14388652
What is your font setting in config.txt?

I think MS ゴシック and Courier New are defaults.
>>
>>14388773
The nip one displays as boxes so dunno about that one. It's weird, cause I have Japanese font installed and can type in 日本語 just fine.

Courier New for English one.
>>
>>14388797
Sounds like you are not in Japanese locale.

I'm not familiar with whether that's an issue with Elona, but it might not hurt to try.

Go to Control Panel\Clock, Language and Region, then click Change Location. In the window that pops up, click "Administrative" tab at the top, then change "Language for non-unicode programs" (system locale) to Japanese.

This will require a reboot to take effect.

This may fuck with some of your programs, but shouldn't do anything for the most part. (Namely, every program that's retarded enough to ignore your language preference settings and "autodetect" your locale for its interface language).
>>
>>14388902
Welp, I'm retarded. Turns out I forgot to install microsoft fonts, doing so fixed my issue.
>>
>>14371474
That's literally in the FAQ section that nobody bothers to read.
>>
I just had the message "[pet] grows up" as we arrived back at our house. What does this denote?

>>14362930
Androids are pretty good since they have one of the few special abilities that scale.
>>
>>14391999
Level up.
>>
>>14392178
Oh, how mundane. i've never noticed it happen before, though.
>>
Roleplay material pets aside, what are the pets that are worth evolving?
Just by looking at the chart it seems it's plain better to just get the usual strong high level pets and ignore any pet that can evolve.
>>
>>14393201
Also what's the best mount? I noticed the spirit spam trick has been removed.
>>
>>14393201

a number of pets gain abilities they would have to either buy with ap or couldn't get any other way with evolution
>>
>>14393201
Evolution is worth it mainly for unique abilities, or if a pet gets +life or +mana from evolving.

Other than those circumstances, evolution is a drop in a bucket.

It's still worthwhile to raise a weak pet into a strong one, though, just because of how crazy training gets with a low INI. All of my pets stay at 400% potential basically forever for everything.
>>
>>14393218
>I noticed the spirit spam trick has been removed.
What is this? Do they not level up any more? What have I been working toward?
>>
File: guardian.jpg (121 KB, 582x393) Image search: [Google]
guardian.jpg
121 KB, 582x393
Do you guys use prostitution ?
Since i started using it my gold has been constantly growing.

pic is what made me start using it, make me immun to "sick" status
>>
Is that sonic?
>>
>>14394168
Now I don't know if the stats are still great or what, but there's an evident cap now on how strong can your spirit be.
>>
>>14394225
How money do you net? I used it early game but afterwards I found doing quests plain better since right now I get 10k+ money per quests that last like 30 seconds.
>>
>>14393201
Golden knight and Fairy will give you 100% uptime on Super Armor and Magic Equip. They are intelligent and will re-use it when it runs out so if you have the wrong armor type on them they will spam it nonstop and kill nothing. Younger cat sister gives emergency evasion, but light armor is too strict a requirement. The ever popular Fire Dragon Child hardly ever casts Megid Flame, and I have no idea if it scales on anything, but it's been pretty weak. It tries for constant uptime on boost which is nice. Frankly, I'm really intrested in replacing it with Fron as my token Martial Artist.

On the other side of the spectrum, the Android's Fire a Volley is absolute shit if you don't specifically build your party for it. It gets in the way of Zero Shoot. I regret that evolution.
>>
>>14394703
at 130 charisma i get up to 12k each time, and with 175 speed + drain blood i can fuck 2 or 3 times per beer
>>
>>14396224
>Prostitution efficiency
Some of the concepts of this game when read out of context though.
>>
>>14394225
I'm pretty sure that 'Sick' also greatly reduces HP/MP regeneration, on top of slowly lowering stats. So you're not quite immune.
>>
File: gifts.png (83 KB, 581x100) Image search: [Google]
gifts.png
83 KB, 581x100
>Handmade Gifts
>pet has a chance to work throughout the night and make you a gift. Depending on if tailoring or carpentry is the highest level, it'll be of a soft or hard material
My Little Girl doesn't have any of those skills yet she's been making me these gloves. Does this mean if I give her carpentry she'd switch to hard materials?

>the little girl made for you the armors to the night work
>>
>>14399918
p-please take them anon-kun, it's bad if your hands are cold

she is so sweet
>>
>>14400604
gave her carpentry and she made me a shield. I appreciate the gloves since they made good trading fodder to get us both equipped.
>>
>>14399918
Giving her the skill will train it each time she makes you a gift. It's like a full level exp at 100% potential too, so the skill levels really fast.
>>
So, how do you guys feel about this? It sounds interesting, but I wonder about the balance. Pets are already pretty strong.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4
>>
>>14401604
>raise buff spells to 50
>teach to little girl
>finetune ai to make sure she always have them on
Seems a tad overpowered, but everything is overpowered if you put the work in.
>>
Do you get bonuses from getting more than the needed quota at harvest time? If not, is there a way to finish it earlier? I'm grinding seeds and damn it gets boring after a while.
>>
>>14401604
To me it seems that most pet evolutions will become plain meh since one of their major selling points aside free speed was getting spells/actions.
>>
>>14401604
No offense, but I think we need less features nobody asked for and more translating.
Balance is a moot point in a game where you can grind until you can kill anything anyways, but yeah.
>>
>>14402739
You get bonuses to gold reward (not sure about the items) for having up to 3x the quota needed. Any more than that doesn't increase gold any further.
>>
>>14402739
>>14403020
Also forgot to say that Elona Custom allows you to leave and complete harvest time quests early, among other tweaks.
>>
File: elona.png (3 MB, 1600x1802) Image search: [Google]
elona.png
3 MB, 1600x1802
>>14401604
I have mixed feelings about it. The thing that has caught my eye so far is the ability to teach spells to your pets. I'm curious about how to interpret, "The pet's Casting skill level must be greater than the difficulty of the spell divided by 15." Are you dividing the casting skill by 15 or the spell difficulty by 15? If you're dividing the casting skill by 15 you're only able to teach maybe a handful of spells to your pet from the looks of the google doc however, if you're dividing spell difficulty by 15 then you really open up possibilities.

Going with the divide difficulty by 15, I like the idea of being able to teach contingency to my pets. Maybe that might help in god killing and overall survival for my pets. In general, I like maybe being able to teach buff spells to my pets.

If you're able to teach spells and abilities to pets this will make former pets and evolutions that stood out not stand out as much. I suppose this can be a good thing as a person should have less regrets of choosing one pet over another.

So assuming if you're able to teach any spell to your pet what's stopping people from eventually teaching it meteor? Imagining my exile spamming that spell scares me. She's not limited by spell stocks like I am. I am keen on maybe teaching thunder vortex though.
>>
>>14403205
>what's stopping people from eventually teaching it meteor?

>Please note that applicable spells and abilities are part of a whitelist. Non-whitelisted spells/abilities cannot be taught.

There is that, so as long as spells like Meteor and Wish don't make the whitelist, it will be ok.
>>
>>14402925
Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing new features, just not ones that nobody asked for, like you said.
>>
>>14394225

But I'm a virgin and I get hundreds of millions on a whim.
>>
>>14401604

pretty fucked that you keep getting less and less payoff for the effort you put into your own magic and now pets will be stronger mages.
>>
>>14406527
In a general sense, I guess. They'd get bonuses to every spell just from their Casting level.

But pets don't scale as well as with spells as the PC does. Even with Casting of 2000, they're only the equivalent of the PC at spell level 1200. And casting exp is significantly lower from casting spells than spell level experience is. In fact, it almost negates the 4x skill bonus multiplier that pets get, if the spreadsheet is right.

But given the breadth it has, yeah, I imagine it's going to make pets too strong. As another poster said, teach them all the buff spells and they're massively stronger than before. Cool mechanic though, I think. Wonder what would be a good way to balance it?
>>
How do beds work?
Is the type of bed (Happy, King etc.) the only thing that matters or do the quality of the material and furniture have an effect too?
I've read time ago they did but apparently it wasn't true and now I've even seen people saying weight is what matters. Help me jaypee.
>>
>>14406850
no one knows. except for anna banana
>>
>>14406850
Last I heard, better beds just tend to give better potential gains. A better bed doesn't necessarily make you have better dreams though as a checklist of stuff that can happen at night are cycled through. As for the material of the bed, I think those people are caring about making the bed as light as possible so it's easier to carry. You can do this by changing its material and/or using flying scrolls. Most of your answers should be in the sleep section of the wiki or something related to bed I imagine.
>>
>>14404869
I would agree if that was what custom was originally about, but it's about adding all the missing content and translations from the JP version...
>>
>>14408963
Custom is about Nanana going off and having a fun time drowning in code.
>>
>>14409028
As of late, yeah, but I'm afraid you might start whiteknighting so I won't push it further :^)
>>
There's been translation progress in each update though, right?
>>
>>14401604
Looks pretty good so far. Question: does "ally" descriptor check the pet, who uses the skill? And if so, how should I stop the pet from spamming cheer in combat?
>>
>>14410274
It does, actually, and I meant to remove that. For now, you might try setting the first instruction to "Player _ Buff _ != _ Hero _ Cheer". It might miss your other pets on occasion, but it should work for most cases I think.

I'm glad you noticed that. I'll go fix that now, but I don't think I'll release a new version unless there are some significant other bugs that are found.
>>
>>14410402
Yeah, that works almost always, except then there is no line of sight between player and pet.
The other thing that loops - debuffs. For example, if I order the silver eyed witch to dim the wizard/warmage class enemies, she would just stand there and abuse them like there's no tomorrow. Vanilla AI worked around it by randomizing the using of abilities, so, I guess, there's no checks for debuffs on the target enemies. The closest workaround for it may be adding check for enemy HP, say >95%, so the pet would start the combat with debuff, but it's still not perfect.
All and all, the customizable AI is great, thanks for that addition.
>>
>>14410473
Well, I haven't added support for the "status" debuffs vs the actual debuffs like nightmare, slow, weakness, etc. A condition for those type of status debuffs (dim, poison, chiils, wince, etc.) are definitely things I want to add, though.
>>
>>14402925
>>14404869
>>14408963
>being this entitled
>>
You get bonuses from the second hand weapon even if you don't use it right?

I'm a mage so I can just just whatever weapon with the bonus I like and put it on the second hand without caring since I don't get acc penalities right?
>>
>>14414701
You get casting penalty, 6%.
If you don't want penalty, use a claw or put the weapon in ranged slot.

If you find a blank business card, change your class to warmage for gaining 5%, so 99% total with dual wield penalty.
>>
>>14414773
Thanks, last question, is there a limit to summonable gods via Truce ground or something?
I have enough favour to summon Kumiromi but I can't seem to be able to summon her no matter what during November, yes I let one year pass since I summoned the last god (Ehekatl).
I have no idea why she won't appear.
>>
>>14414793
4025 favour, november, not summoned this year and the only triggers as far as i know.

Also
>she
You're going to be disappointed. Or very happy.
>>
I really wish this game had redone necromancy. The whole coffin thing would be nice if the corpse you're using was more customizable
>>
>>14410969
epic memetexting anon
>>
>>14414811
Then I just don't know what happened to my game since I have all the requirements.
I even removed the Ehkatl at my house thinking she was the reason and eventually also downloaded elosnack to skip one year just in case but nothing.
Guess wishing is my only option now.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 20_18_23-face2.png (20 KB, 204x151) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 20_18_23-face2.png
20 KB, 204x151
Who is this girl, /jp/?
>>
File: 2015-11-28_184306.png (511 KB, 1120x798) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28_184306.png
511 KB, 1120x798
Am I missing something about the AI system? My little girl won't use cheer no matter what I tell her.
>>
>>14415259
Oh boy I'm dumb, I just noticed it wasn't using the custom AI.
>>
Fuck black hornets.

Fuck them, I say.
>>
>>14415167
Might be that missing sister that guy on act 3 main quest is looking for.
>>
Are picnic basket any better compared to normal food? Strictly speaking for your character, I know you can feed several pets this way but I want to know if eating picnics with your character is better than eating those ingredients.
>>
>>14419982
AFAIK picnic baskets train potential, food trains the actual stat.
>>
>>14420198
From what I've seen they seem like potions of potential that train the whole party instead of just you. If you have eggs lying around I think you should really make a bunch of them.

By the way, how can I make use of Pro-Jet? Her low level is not a problem since I'm just lv40 anyway, but I have no idea if I should give her any special stuff aside hands so she can hold what I guess a laser gun would be the best weapon.
>>
>>14421685
From what I can tell it's like a melee version of a bell that can shadowstep. If you want it to shoot you'll need to tweak its AI routine via AP. If you want to use it melee you could give it rubynus equipment and something that gives proximity assist or extra melee attack for more sliceydicey given its high speed.

Its speed is very high though so gaining AP for it will be a pain in the butt.
>>
File: e.png (734 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
e.png
734 KB, 800x599
Beginner here with a few questions:

1. I have 7 blessed potions of potential. Is there a reason for me not to quaff them now?
2. One of the pastebins kept harping about learning buff spells, but what do I need to do to get them castable?
3. How can I reliably obtain fire-proof blankets?
4. How long should I hold onto my little girl and Kaneda Bike? What determines how well a pet scales?
5. How important is improving Your Home?
>>
>>14421841
1. You should quaff them when one of the stat you're training gets to bad/good.
2. Get the Casting skill.
3. General stores.
4. No idea on this one. I don't use pets.
5. It's good if you need more NPCs to buy from.
>>
>>14421841

your will potential is still a bit high, when that drops down to great you can drink those potions without much waste.

You just cast them over and over, starting with low level spell like hero and holy armor and work your way up. You will probley need to join the mages guild to get the amount of books you need.

You should get fire resistance instead, having superb level is enough to be immune to item destruction from fire and cold.

Effort, you will be able to easily replace pets with stronger pets until level 150ish but if you spend money on them pets rapidly increase in power no matter how low level.

Improving your home? If you mean rank it only determines how much money you get from your salary, at rank 1 this might be enough to cover your taxes. Also at rank 1 you can invite gods to your house for whatever reason.
>>
>>14421841

> but what do I need to do to get them castable?

Do you mean you don't have them yet? You get spell stock from dreams and books. Rule should be that you read every single book you find in your path, later on if you're interested in magic joining the mage guild should be a must since there you can backorder books you've already read, that's the most reliable way to get stock, specially for stuff like Domination.

Fire blankets just appear randomly on dungeons or general stores, you'll find out that as long you pay attention you won't even bother with them that much.

The little girl thanks to the new custom update becomes really useful once you evolve her because she can buff the party with Cheer (basically Hero + Speed).
Rule of thumb anyway is that low levelled pets may be a bitch to train but are better than ready to go high level pets in the long run, specially due to the AP system that pets that start out very strong won't be able to use at all.
>>
>>14421841
1) Not particularly. Having constant superb potential is a good goal though.
2) Find their books, read them to get spell stock, and spam them to level them up. As you level them their duration and maybe their effect will become stronger. You can also join the mages guild so you can set spell books you want a certain NPC to always carry. This will allow you to always have the spells you want.
4) Invest in general vendors. They'll sometimes carry it. If you invest in magic vendors you may find fireproof potions to apply to your gear. Some of the best gear in the game already come fireproof as well. Alternatively, if you learn the 4th dimensional pocket spell, you can just throw everything into that pocket and not worry about things being burnt up.
4) You can hold onto both forever. How well your pet scales solely rests upon you and how you provide for your pet. As such, any pet can be brought to power and be useful for the entirety of your Elona playthrough.
5) Not too important but there are perks in doing it. By increasing your house rank your salary will go up a bit. Raise your house rank enough and if/when you summon a god/goddess you can invite them to your house.
>>
>>14421841
>Magnificent Neutrality Strelok was killed by military putit in Safe Dungeon
cheeki breeki ive damke
>>
>>14421867
>>14421877
>>14421892
>>14421901
Thank you very much for the advice. I'm glad I can keep my little girl around; the thought of abandoning her saddens me too much.
>>
>>14417256
They're either a nightmare to encounter or can be pretty easy. It's probably the poison that's getting you? What you need to do is to get your hands on some gear that comes with "It negates the effect of poison." The war suit static artifact is guaranteed to come with this if you don't find something earlier.
>>
Is there a cap to "extra melee attack" attribute on equipment? Or more precisely, isn't twin edge + vesda's + smash tonfa an overkill?
>>
I accidentally got my gene machine destroyed. Is there no chance of getting it back?
>>
>>14423246
It's precious so you can burn some little sister.
There's also a chance to encounter one randomly in dungeons.

Either way, the answer lie if dungeon, go spelunk already anon-kun.
>>
>>14423246
I've seen them in dungeons before.
To get one for sure you can do the little sister quest and select it as your prize.
>>
>>14423246
There's one in Melugas in South Tyris, near the doctor, may try to pickpocket that.
>>
>>14423351
Can't pickpocket precious items. You can use it from the ground, but that's it.
>>
What's the optimal body build for ranged characters/pets?
I know meelee characters want a certain number of arms but about the others? Does the body part matter or does it purely depend on the enchants the equip has?
>>
>>14425909

it really depends on what you have, for the most part a regular body and at least one hand for a shield is all you need.

Multiple foot slots will let you wear multiple seven league boots if your pet isn't max speed though.
>>
>>14425909
More hands won't help you as a shooter since you can't equip more than one gun. To get the most out of range damage, you'll want to look at enchants such as the one that increases your chance to proc an extra range attack, Guns with good dice, and bullets that carry special ammo. In fact, carrying pages worth of bullets with special ammo is a good way to burst your damage. A regular body should be good enough to equip gear with various enchants that should help you out. Also, different body parts mean you're not pigeon holed into just looking for a specific piece of equipment to carry your enchant.

Unfortunately, I don't think pets can take advantage of having lots of bullets with special ammo like the character.
>>
File: alpha3.jpg (15 KB, 361x273) Image search: [Google]
alpha3.jpg
15 KB, 361x273
Waifu can't cook for shit but I love her breakfast anyway.
>>
>>14426653
You wouldn't want to load up on Tonfas? I like to let my Android dual wield Griffon + Gemini. Adding a hand opens up the entire breadth of precious and random weaponry to you, with shields as a bonus. In general, it is much more versatile than any armor slot could be.
>>
>>14427876
How do you deal with resist holes with lots of hands before you reach Irva? I find that armor tends to carry more resists than weapons.
>>
>>14428100
Not him, but the Elemental Protection spell can fill those holes.
>>
>>14428339
Not him but the problem is that spell covers only 3 elements and for me anyways, they're the three easiest elements to cover even without the spell. Whenever I played a mutant or had to deal with a mutant pet I keep on running into the same problem. Everyone tells me to load up on hands but by mid game, outside fire, cold, and lightning resist, my other resists lag far behind. I find it hard to find weapons that give enough magic resist, nerve resist, chaos resist, etc to get them to superb or higher. I've also have never been blessed with a living weapon either. After getting my ass stomped hard by yith creatures, elea sages, various high level imps, high level chaos hounds, element dragons, five head gods, and other casters I find myself rerolling a Fairy or Yerles.
>>
File: what_are_birds.gif (998 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
what_are_birds.gif
998 KB, 250x251
At what level does dominate start actually working?
>>
>>14430562
Not sure of the earliest level possible but I was able to see some success at around spell lv 50ish. There are some items I think that help in domination. Like the monster heart or whatever that arty is called.
>>
File: 2015-12-01_232136.png (531 KB, 1120x798) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01_232136.png
531 KB, 1120x798
I'm liking the AI system, pets run away when at low HP and the Miss Vampire heals with healing rain when anyone is at low health instead of just smashing their face against the enemy and die.
>>
>>14430398
Are you on Elona base? You mentioned element dragons so you can't be. Attribute Shield protects against everything. By the end of Act 2, you should have a nice assortment of static artifacts covering every resist you will never need because you have Attribute Shield.
>>
>>14430610
That's from the Mia quest. Enhances spells and Magic equip also give immense boosts.
>>
>>14427876
I don't think it's possible to shoot two guns at the same time so are you equipping them in your hand slots for the extra attacks? Do the extra attacks from those weapons help out whatever gun you put in your shoot slot? I thought the extra attacks on those guns only apply for when you're shooting the Gemini or Griffon. Also related, do the tonfas bonus hit and damage bonus only apply to the tonfa or does it apply also to the gun you have in your shoot slot? This is all very confusing to me.
>>
>>14431071
You get extra attacks from rings and stuff, so that was my cue that it doesn't matter what slot you use. Tonfas and claws and possibly Shield of thorn give bonuses to ranged from the hand slot. Conversely, they still give bonuses to melee from the shoot slot.
>>
>>14430562
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Spells_%28Elona%2B%29/Technical
There's the exact formula.
>>
Will shooting attacks never be able to compare to other damage sources thanks to their abysmal scaling? I'm tempted to swap my Android's hard-earned N97 for the Railgun just because the lockdown potential might give her more value than the little pings she hits things with.
>>
File: Yerles Army.png (184 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
Yerles Army.png
184 KB, 500x380
>>14432874

Found ranged attacks to be game breaking if you employ a shit ton of ranged units with special ammo. Use a Tachtstock, pop pop pop, watching niggas drop.
>>
What does the weight of the armor exactly affect?
I only know magic users should go light but that's all.
>>
>>14433052
Aside casting penalties, nothing at all.
Once you clear North Tyris you'll unlock a special action based on your armor type (light/medium/heavy), but that's it. (you can also learn them all if you bother wasting time into training all the armor skills)
>>
>>14433052
With heavy armor, you can add more weight to your weapons or armor via cursed flying scrolls for extra damage/PV.
Medium armor has good special action for spellcasters.
Light armor only got no casting rate reduction and limits your equipment choice.
>>
>>14433188
Light armor also gets a neat action that makes you dodge all critical hits. It's very good on high levels.
>>
>>14430398
1. In E+ the spell covers everything except Magic.

2. if you stack up on magic res it counts as a second res vs elements

3. Stack res on living weapons. Once you get to act 3 you can get very fancy with this, but even the normal way (lvl 10, full res) works pretty good.
>>
Huh. I must have overtrained, the meshera was a pushover this time around.
The last time i fought it, it was a grueling task.
I guess knowing about superregen beforehand and preparing accordingly makes all the difference.

( The cutscenes were awesome by the way, thank you for custom )
>>
So I just beat act 1, and want to relocate to south tyris. I plan on dropping all of my deeds next to either Melugas or Melkawn.

Any suggestions?

If I drop a storage house and pick it back up, I don't back the deed correct? What happens to everything inside the storage house? Will it spawn inside a new one once I read the deed for it?

How about farms? If I have a herb farm and I need to relocate it to south tyris, do I just have to forsake everything within and start over? Thanks.

I wish the wiki went more in depth with this on the deed page.
>>
>>14438717
I don't have any property in South Tyris personally. I've also have never tried to add stuff down there but it should be pointed out that you do not ever have to forsake the things you built in North Tyris. You can travel back and forth between North Tyris and South Tyris by talking to caravan NPC that is at the borders of North and South Tyris. Also, there is a quest that allows you to get a maid mansion in South Tyirs. While it doesn't have the full features of a house, it can still operate as a home away from home and a base of operations in South Tyris.
>>
>>14438717
Why would you do that?
You can buy the Maid Mansion in South Tyris as a second home. You can even Return to it with the spell, and use a taxbox and such.

Just make new farms and storage houses in South Tyris. You can have multiple. You can even make a second store. Money for new deeds shouldn't be too much of an issue by now.

Don't pick up used deeds, I think you lose everything inside.

Its also easy to Return to the border, Return to your home in the North, Return to South Border, Return to Maid Mansion to quickly travel between the two.
>>
>>14438717
Palmia forever.
I recently beat act 1 too, I just beat the first of the three dungeons to access the main one.
I'm finding my old location way more useful for now, I very rarely vist South Tyris because I just have everything at hand in North Tyris.

I barely even visit the maid house.
>>
>>14438956
>>14438958
>>14438976
Thanks everyone. Guess that clears stuff up, it's just a pain to have to travel back and forth between the border.
>>
Besides potentials and skill levels, what determines the type of weapon I use (e.g. blunt, axe, scythe, etc.)? For example, I know scythes can decapitate, but does this fact make scythes better weapons for certain characters? Also, is it a bad thing if my pets wield the same type of weapon I use?
>>
File: 1448124503418.jpg (30 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
1448124503418.jpg
30 KB, 500x503
>>14440446
The only important skill is blunt, because it's what's used when wielding panties in melee.
>>
>>14440446

scythes are better all the time for everyone as decapitation works on bosses
>>
>>14440712
But decapitation only procs once per enemy so the benefit of having more than one beheader is marginal.
>>
File: 74357[1].jpg (428 KB, 700x942) Image search: [Google]
74357[1].jpg
428 KB, 700x942
>>14440446
Why would you call a weapon something that is not the sword? :^)
On serious note, I'd just look for static artifact I want to use later in the game and train corresponding type of weapons.
>>
>>14440446
There's a sword, dagger and rifle that can decapitate iirc. So, if you don't fancy scythes at all, you might want to get these instead.
>>
File: elona.jpg (90 KB, 979x404) Image search: [Google]
elona.jpg
90 KB, 979x404
hey jp i fucked up my save. my computer crashed while my game was mid save or something and now whenever i try to load it tells me to save my game in a previous version. is there any way to fix this with elosnack or something? i backed up my save but it's from a while ago and i'd rather not use it
>>
>>14441049
If nothing works just cheat yourself in the new stuff you got since the last backup with snack
>>
>>14441309
there must be a better way. replacing my gdata file in my save folder with the backup one allowed me to spawn on the same map as my backup. i was able to move out of the wall i was in but as then 5 inventory errors came up and the game crashed.
>>
>>14441322
Stupid question but, did you tried downloading a previous version of the game and tried to run it there?
>>
>>14441333
i already tried that. didn't work, probably since i've been playing on the same version for this entire save.
>>
>>14441322
just use the backup. it's fucked.
>>
Is there ever a time to not wear heavy armour if you aren't a caster?
>>
>>14444264
Fairy
>>
>>14444264
I keep mine just above 15s with flying scrolls. this way I can use Magic Equip, plus if I remove just one piece I get 100% to cast wish.
>>
>>14444343
Did I make a mistake by never casting Wish and hitting 400%? I bet failing every cast is a better outcome than gaining potential. I feel like my save is completely ruined now.
>>
>>14444574
That's a bit of an extreme reaction to not optimizing your wish casting anon. While what you put forth is clever, it's not something to get distressed about if you didn't go through with it. Not only are there other ways to get wishes outside of casting but you'll eventually reach a point where you'll be wondering, "Wow, what do I wish for now? I've already wished for everything that I think is useful to me or I can't get easily." Also, regardless of how low you keep the wish potential it will eventually level up.Chin up anon. It'll be ok.
>>
File: scr.png (51 KB, 1097x93) Image search: [Google]
scr.png
51 KB, 1097x93
Well, that was a little bit too much.
>>
>>14446097
at least she cares, anon.
>>
>>14444574
>>14444812
at lvl 300, Wish stops getting more difficult to cast. You're doing it wrong, y'all.
>>
>>14444812
after you've gotten all the other stuff, you can always invest Wishes in summoning inner gods to pimp your music ticket output.

Also, at VERY late skill-levels you will stop gaining XP the normal way even with 400 potential, and at that point you might as well use Wishes to get the last few levels.
>>
I'm using Elona custom 1.51.4, and I got a "Win32:Malware-gen" warning from Avast when running elona.exe. When I attempted to download Elona custom 1.51.5, I got the same warning. Is this a false positive?
>>
>>14448641
Yes.
>>
>>14448940
Seems like it. According to https://www.herdprotect.com/hsp34.exe-3f2410fa1792e6e63cf99ce9b0c20a8cc6038c25.aspx, the HSP (HSP isthe language Elona is written in) installer is not properly signed.
>>
So I updated my game to Elona+ 1.51fix and Elona Custom 1.51.5 and when I loaded my game I noticed 10 pleasant sleep blankets underneath my pet. What do these do in the game?
>>
>>14449754
Give one to a pet to keep it from making you gloves and shit in the morning, so you can pick which one makes stuff rather than having to dismiss all but one before bed or just ignoring the mechanic entirely.
>>
>>14449762
This works for breakfast as well I assume?
>>
File: 333.jpg (9 KB, 672x61) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
9 KB, 672x61
I feel dirty.
>>
What does the new custom add? I guess just AI feature fixes?
>>
>>14450262
It's that time again.

Download: Elona Custom 1.51.5 (Dropbox)

Source included in the above link.

Changes:

One new cutscene translated. Only two more to be current!
Some additional translations for the MSQ - receiving the request from Gavela to go to the 10th floor of the Cradle of Chaos.
The rest of Heinrich's Ch3 lines have been translated.
Added a few filters that people requested. Specifically, "precious allies" won't appear as gene donors when using the gene machine, "no-drop" items won't appear in the list of items in the drop menu, and "no-drop" items won't appear in your inventory list when selling items to a vendor. All of these are disabled anyways, so this just filters them out of the list in the first place.
If you didn't follow along with the fix builds for the AI system from last week, this build includes multiple fixes relating to that. In short, support for throw potions, fixes the size of the save data so that AI info for pets 10-15 don't get wiped, support for the rest (hopefully) of the evolution actions, fixing pets from considering themselves in the "Ally" category, crash when training hits 100%, fixing a bug that allowed you to exploit preferred distance, changed the re-initialize function to be part of the configuration menu.
Two things. One, for anyone who has been playing while keeping up with the translations, you'll have to visit South Tyris North Border before Gavela will give you the next request. This isn't noted in the journal, but it triggers a cutscene that's required.

And secondly, I'm going to be busy next week, so I'll be taking a break.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.
>>
1.52fix is out. Any info on changes?
>>
File: 1429581169575.jpg (108 KB, 625x445) Image search: [Google]
1429581169575.jpg
108 KB, 625x445
It's November and I changed to Lulwy
I saved up bows and power offered to over 5000 favor, have all her gifts, and yet she still won't summon at the Truce Grounds

Why is this? I have a bunch of the other deities already at my home, why is Lulwy being such a bitch?

Might be same issue as >>14414793
>>
Nobody updated the character and item sheets for quite a while, so I uploaded mine (compatible with 1.52fix):

http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/zztjes.bmp
http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/ikvlgt.bmp

The item spritesheet is a bit different, I replaced few custom icons with the default ones (mainly armors/shields).

I've noticed that 1.52fix has the character history (the one on the character sheet) translated in english, maybe the japanese devs are going to merge more Custom-translated content in their next releases. Or maybe not.
>>
>>14452945
At the end I just cheated myself a rod of wish and summoned the god that way.
>>
>>14452954
>http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/zztjes.bmp
>http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/ikvlgt.bmp
thanks. I'll add it to the paste.
>>
Can someone post the download link for 1.52 fix
>>
>>14453973
it's in the pastebin. the dropbox link never changes.
>>
>>14454097
Ahh, my bad. Thanks.
>>
So I unzipped the new version into me elona folder, is there anyway to double check that it updated properly?
>>
>>14454188
what, each update is standalone, dont merge the folders, that's asking for issues.
>>
>>14454213
Oh shit, I was reading the instructions of installation of elona custom.
>>
Do NPCs like Shena respawn when killed?
>>
>>14454465
Please don't kill Shena.
But yes.
>>
Do crits make your weapon rolls maximized or is it just bonus damage?
>>
>>14456811

Unless it has been changed crits do maximized double damage and always hit unless the enemy has greater evasion or the crit dodging move that exists now.
>>
>>14456829
>crit dodging move
Is this separate from the "Emergency Evasion" ability that light armor users get?
>>
>>14456862

that is it, nearly everything isn't wearing armor so tons of things have emergancy evasion
>>
What's the consensus on AP? How much speed is enough before you start saving it up for the feats? Is there anyway to mess up with AP?
>>
>>14457409
You can use AP to build up your speed to 800 and after that you'll have to find other ways to increase it. So use your AP to get 800 speed and then afterwards start spending them on feats and other stuff. It's pretty hard to mess up AP. If you don't like the particular thing you bought with AP, such as a feat, you can remove the feat and get a refund of your AP back by selecting the feat a second time in the guy's list.
>>
Does giving town NPCs "Sickness" (i.e. zapping them with cursed healing rods) fuck them over in the long run?
>>
>E+ 1.52
>you can finally reset your dungeon levels

FUCK. YES.
>>
>>14461149
has anyone found the 'hidden' building in South Tyris yet?
>>
Few questions about pets:
1. Can pets lose special actions on evolution? Do witches keep the cheer special action?
2. Which are better pets, witches or valkyries?
3. What pets are good casters? How useful is having a caster? Bonus if they're cute girls.
4. What pets are you currently using, and what are their roles?
>>
File: 47787623_p8_master1200.jpg (382 KB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
47787623_p8_master1200.jpg
382 KB, 840x525
>>14467019
1: they keep everything as they evolve. If they gain the float bitflag or any abilities they keep it.

2. Why not both? Cheer is amazing though, especially if you're riding.

3: Exile is great becuase of multicast netherbolt, but eventually magic res gets too high for magic pets to do much without you debuffing first.

4. Defender, Murder Knight, Valkyrie, Miss Vampire, Yerles Cyber Soldier and Pascal right now. I have more in storage but this is fine for me. First two are tanks (with the defender aoe healing from holy rance procs), second two buff/debuff, cyber soldier does some great sniping and I ride pascal.
>>
>>14467019
>>14467262
Doesn't android lose Boost and gain Fire a Volley when evolved?
>>
Anyone having any crashing issues in 1.52? My game seems to crash any time I get near Yowyn on the overworld.
>>
File: pets.png (308 KB, 802x600) Image search: [Google]
pets.png
308 KB, 802x600
>>14467019
I don't have any experience with witches but I've enjoyed my Valkyries company a lot. If I don't kill something by the time she reaches said monster she'll make sure it's deader than dead most of the time. She acts as my tank but she can bulldoze enemies just as well.

While I don't consider my Exile cute I still like her all the same. Hooves, three eyes, and all. In normal dungeons she tends to kill things before my Valkyrie ever gets to them. The joys of range and magic I guess. Only in awakened dungeons and the void will she start running into trouble like in the pic provided of a lv 572 awakened dungeon. All things considered though, she sometimes puts out a decent amount of damage(if you add it all up) before my Valkyrie closes the distance and puts an end to the monster. My exile acts as backup damage range damage.

Still working on building up my exile but I'm wondering what pet I should train up next. I'm thinking of getting an inner god as a pet and training them up. I kind of want to see how hard it is to train a pet with high ini values for myself which I suspect these inner gods to have.

I haven't really messed around with the new features of Elona Custom yet but with the ability to teach your pet spells and abilities I wonder if you can just reteach abilities or have pets learn something similar if they're losing stuff during evolution. Like would cheer be a good substitute for boost? I think the last time I checked cheer was something you can now teach to a pet. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>14467019
Android, Exile, Sinaha, Golden Knight. I generally take them in pairs, ranged for pulling, and melee to bring the dps.

The Exile can completely lock down even scaled mobs with just one cast of Eclipse. Medium armor for Magic Equip doesn't affect its casting chance. Sinaha is my dual-wielder. She spams Shadow Step and Draw Shadow all day, effectively combining ranged range with melee power. The Golden Knight is primarily around to spam Super Armor, but on the off chance that she pops a critical and proximity attack, the damage gets stupid. The Android is just meh. Token gunner.

If you like god pets, the demigods are just all around better, perhaps barring Sophia alone. Sinaha and Urcaguary are both Shadow Step spammers, in addition to the usual god pet skills. Garziem gets Boost like the Androids of old (but he's also the male Android which sucks). Arasiel also adds boost to her vast pool of speed-increasing abillities.

At some point, I've got to swap Golden Knight for Urcaguary because Shadow Step is just too useful to pass on. I'm also eyeing Fron as my token martial artist. Not only is she another Shadow Stepper, she gets a super special Fron-only lightning kick attack.
>>
>>14467982
No?
>>
>>14468583
>2157
How?
>>
>>14470055
There's a point in where experience needed to level doesn't increase at all, so it's not really that hard to get to that level.
>>
>>14470297
Yeah, that's level 100 and .1 billion exp per level. To get there you need, say, lvl 150 in your primary skills and level 70 in two dozens of spells. Now there's soft cap in skills, and it starts even before lvl 1000.
>>
File: lv.png (420 KB, 802x600) Image search: [Google]
lv.png
420 KB, 802x600
>>14470055
If you get the summon spirit spell to a high enough level you can kill them for lots of exp. Meteor is the best spell to kill them quickly off and I usually get around 5 to 6 levels for each spirit batch I summon. Since all this can be done in seconds you can gain levels pretty fast. Your only wall will be spell stock though but if you check in with all your magic vendors for wonder scrolls like every 4 in game days you can start to stockpile stock.

Aside from this, panic quests are really good because the monsters in them are high level leading to decent exp.
>>
All that levels simply from meteor spamming? Incredible.
By the way, is there still a way to fast level your pets, since you can no longer dominate spirits for infinite gene engineering?
>>
>>14471108
I personally don't have any tricks in that department. Dominating high level monsters I found in random dungeons helped for awhile but later I just let my pets level up naturally by having them grind out kills.
>>
>>14468583
Ini has a hard cap thanks to the god recruiting penalty. I've found that void floors 150+ will keep giving reasonable AP even after you buy the first 800 speed.
>>
File: tonfa.png (286 KB, 639x431) Image search: [Google]
tonfa.png
286 KB, 639x431
Shouldn't that thing give proximity assist, according to wiki? 1.51 custom.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.