[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teacups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 31vqDM8MQGL.jpg (12 KB, 186x262) Image search: [Google]
31vqDM8MQGL.jpg
12 KB, 186x262
Why are these things so shitty? They don't insulate heat and get too hot to hold. Are they supposed to be like that?
>>
>>15473052
Where do you even buy them? I haven't seen any decent looking ones online.
>>
>>15473057
I bought mine at a japanese restaurant that had some sort of combo mini-mart next door, which had the same cups they were using in their restaurant.
>>
>>15473052
If the cup is too hot to hold, the tea is too hot to drink. What's the problem?
>>
>>15473202
Your mouth can handle heat better than your hands, so even if it's good to drink, it's uncomfortable to hold.
>>
>>15473298
I find I have the exact opposite problem, so >>15473202 seems like the right idea here.

Transporting the drink would be annoying I guess, but i'm sure as hell not gonna drink something I can't hold.
>>
>>15473315
With normal cups, yes, but with these cups, by the time they're cool enough to hold, you could practically stick your hand directly into the tea. Even glass cups would insulate better, it seems.
>>
>>15473339
Try holding it using a small towel
>>
>>15473052
You dont boil the kettle all the way to whistling fucker

Get one of those auto ones from Zojirushi that'll heat it to the right temp
>>
>>15473512
What? The whole point of a kettle is that it whistles when the water is at the right temperature, ie, boiling. There would be no point if it whistled too late, or otherwise indicated a temperature that wasn't useful.

Furthermore, how do you think anyone would have heated water to some arbitrary sub-boiling temperature before the advent of digitally-controlled heaters? Even analog cooking thermometers, cumbersome as they are, haven't been around nearly as long as tea. Hundreds of years ago, there would have been no way to consistently heat a kettle of water to any temperature less than boiling.

Sure, you can solve this problem now, but these cups and the tea you put in them were developed and used during a time when that wasn't possible.
>>
>>15473602
Bring water to boil and wait the amount of time it takes the crane to flap its wings ten times.
There, perfect water temperature for tea.
>>
>>15473602
Boiling is already too hot.

You look at the bubbles.
>>
>>15473602
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/15/who-drinking-extremely-hot-coffee-tea-probably-causes-cancer/85923476/

Please take good care of your body, anon.
>>
>>15473602
>Grean Tea
>Boiling
>>
File: party.png (3 MB, 1237x929) Image search: [Google]
party.png
3 MB, 1237x929
I got a nice set.
Even got a nice red cup with japanese maple leaves engraved into it.
>>
>>15473512
Depends on the type of tea. Some teas require lower temps, but not all.
>>
>>15474003
Again, it's fine to use boiling or near boiling water for certain green teas, like TGY.
>>
I have a fumo one and an anime themed one and agree that they kind of suck, they need to be thicker. I kind of wish I got a normal one to go with the aesthetic of my kyusu, but I dont really need 3 tea cups let alone two, but I caved on the fumo one because it is really cute.

I would recommend getting a kyusu though, because it has real purpose and is perfect for good teas that are steeped multiple times and for serving the perfect amount of tea for a single person.
>>
Just use a mug stupid weebs
>>
>>15474641
say that to my face not online see what happens
>>
>>15474641
too big, the volume of these teacups is perfect for the amount of tea I like to drink/brew, it's just the walls on almost all of them are too thin and it burns your hands when the tea is at optimal drinking temp and the tea is bordering on tepid when the cup is comfortable to hold.
>>
>>15474641
where the fuck do you think you are
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.