[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've found I can learn Japanese from reading, understand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: myki.jpg (37 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
myki.jpg
37 KB, 500x281
I've found I can learn Japanese from reading, understand a whole set of vocabulary and break down the meaning, I learnt the kana, and feel I've made progression over the past few months with reading and writing, studying about two hours a day on a specific subject. Like numbers/dates, verbs/conjugation and so on.

Now when I listen to Japanese recordings, with dialogue I already know, It's like I don't understand anything that has been said. Even though I technically know the meaning of all the words, hearing it said out loud at natural speed can just lose me and my mind goes blank, so its like I haven't learnt anything.

Is there a good method to improve listening understanding? Should I just replay recordings over and over again until I make sense of it, or are there any techniques to help understand speech?

My approach now is instead of learning Japanese, just learning Genki, I'm trying to understand the whole course inside out before I move onto anything else, which makes the task of learning a new language a bit less overwhelming. But it hasn't helped me understand speech at all.
>>
Ideally you'd find someone to practice speaking with.
>>
Also, how long does it take for your brain to not have to search for and process words in a second language. Like, I sometimes test myself by saying '"how do you say 3,616' or 'I'm taking the bus to work today' and I almost have to slowly work it out whilst translating over. It's not automatic. It's annoying that my brain has this information but can't just produce it on the spot, as though I know it but I can't use it yet.
>>
>>15470411

I have a friend in Japan, we met up a few months back and didn't really get to practice much because we were going to events and things. I just got to listen to her speak japanese to people. If she was cool with that It'd be nice to get to speak over skype.

I don't think I can learn the language just from books, need to bring another dimension in.
>>
>>15470409
>>15470431

Find Japanese people on Skype to talk to.

Some of them themselves want to practice English so it can be mutually beneficial.

Its good as long as you don't have autism / social anxiety with other people like me ;_;
>>
cool blog thread
>>
>>15470422
>>15470409
Play VNs with voices and a history that you can go back and listen to voices again.

>Also, how long does it take for your brain to not have to search for and process words in a second language.
until you know the words. Not what they mean, but how they're pronounced.

Reading and speaking are different. Just watch shit in Japanese until you get used to it. Listen to songs too and try to understand them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAgP8Cb4yM0
>>
>>15470409
a good place to start is dropping that namba filth.
>>
>>15470409
who is the girl in your picture?
how much to stick my dick in her?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.