[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gashapon Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Gashapon_machines_(Hong_Kong).jpg (3 MB, 3600x2700) Image search: [Google]
Gashapon_machines_(Hong_Kong).jpg
3 MB, 3600x2700
Anyone here ever gotten any cool toys/trinkets out of these?
>>
I got a metal upa once.
>>
what the fuck dude eye am 'not' 8
>>
>>15464919
Gashapon machines where I'm at sucks. Like, "you'd be better off throwing the money into a well" level of sucks.
... But yes, it was pretty cool as a child, getting small car toys and planes and shit.
>>
Depends where you go to.
The one gachapon (or one of many? I don't know) store in Akiba was pretty cool, but my favorites were the ones in Gundam Front Tokyo, which were more expensive.
I got some Golgo 13 miniatures that hang from the borders of your cup, my favorite is the one where he is upside down.
>>
>>15465068
Sounds interesting. Have any pics?
>>
>>15465073

The Akiba store? The Gachas on GFT? The miniatures?
Not really outside of what I'd dig up on Google, I almost never take pictures when I go traveling.

I also got reminded of Toranoana, on the last or second to last floor, they have Tenga egg gatchapon. The tagline was "Tired of using your hand?" in plain English. Not that expensive, too.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (105 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
105 KB, 500x500
Played once in Kyoto and got my favourite character from the show (Yukari)
Put her on my keyring and after a month her screw came loose and she was forever lost.
:<
>>
Yeah. I use to have a lot.
I just sold them all for $50 bucks which is a steal if you bought them in Japan.

I still have a few that are memrobel to me.

A lot of them become highly collectible because they are rare tv and Anime series or movies that never had toy or figure releases.

At famous temples they will release the gods and guardians gotchapons. Those are really the cool ones.

The gotchapon that come to America usually are American cartoon shows.

If you go to Japan there is a great gotchapon shop in Akihabara. It's logo is a gorilla and almost straight across from the subway exist/enterance across the street.

Pretty expensive online to buy these.
Better to buy in bulk.

A lot of these have a great detail and are high quality plastic.
10/10 thread and toys.
>>
>>15464956
You realize most Japanese offixed space workers liter their desks with Japanese figures and toys right?

Also there's an entire demographic of adults that buy these and are targeted as a market for these. In this population target group women probably make up 60%.
>>
>>15464919
I don't trust those, I prefer to buy the rewards from second-hand markets.
>>
I got a little robot keychain that fires a marble out of its chest. I was surprised that it fires the marble quite fast too.
>>
File: 6wMIrF8.jpg (33 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
6wMIrF8.jpg
33 KB, 300x343
>>15490688
I remember those.
>>
>>15464919
Depwnds. I like knockoff tamagochi and watches when I was a kids.

Nowadays I get em for them small figuras. Evangelion, Detective conan, non non biyori and Gate is where I throw my money at. Sometimes I tried them fancy panty gashapon for shit and giggles
>>
I'll post some of my gatcha pon later
>>
I operate gashapon at AX this weekend
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.