[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elona Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: 1465628507170.jpg (362 KB, 700x625) Image search: [Google]
1465628507170.jpg
362 KB, 700x625
Previous Thread: >>15370377

[New to the game? Read First, Ask Later]

Pastebins:

>New Player Guide/FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C

The wheel of grinding is cruel, eternal gambler.
>>
File: 1350987809645.jpg (41 KB, 643x610) Image search: [Google]
1350987809645.jpg
41 KB, 643x610
How do I learned magic spells. I get how you use them now, but not how you learn them besides random dreams.

Also what's the quickest way to obtain pets of varying strength from the wild? The balls are useless, low-level enemies are killed by my bare hands, and the ones that aren't are too strong to be captured with the balls I have.
>>
>>15409110
Read books.
Rod of domination.
>>
>>15409118
Reading teaches the spell? Thanks, the wiki wasn't clear on that.
>>
>>15409088
Is there any way to disable clothing and armor sprites? They always get in the way of the neat CC mods.
>>
>>15409219
Yeah, just find any dresser in town and you can turn their visibility on/off.
>>
>>15409225
Nice. I wish Items had better descriptions on them.
>>
>>15409110
There's a feat you can get which gives you the Knockout special action, which can't kill enemies, which makes it easier to capture monsters using balls.
>>
>>15409387
Make sure you set your pets to defensive before using it, since they'll still attack your target and kill it in one hit.
>>
Is there any reason to do forced Sleep Share with your pets besides making them docile? I noticed you don't get potential after sleeping when doing this.
>>
What's the quickest way to impregnate an entire city/town?
>>
>>15409586
Drink from wells until you swallow something you shouldn't of and give birth to an alien. Alien will burst out of your chest and go on to impregnate others causing more aliens to burst out of people's chests to impregnate others. Congrats, you now have an alien infestation.
>>
>>15409594
Thanks.
How long would it take exactly?

Also is it possible to give birth to an alien in a shelter and have those people get impregnated too?
>>
>>15409615
All up to RNG. It can be quick or will take awhile. I don't see why it wouldn't work in a shelter. You do have some time before it bursts out of your chest.
>>
>>15409387
Oh! Can't believe I didn't think of that, thanks.
>>
>>15409515
Because you didn't get sleep done wink wink nudge.
>>
Is dual wield better than 2 hand?
>>
>>15410613

at higher levels yes, with more hands you need less levels
>>
>>15410756
So I should teach it to my little girl instead of keeping her with the default then, alright.
>>
>>15409586
This was a mistake.

How do I unfuck this? Everyone is pregnant and throwing up and shit.
>>
>>15410766
>How do I impregnate everyone
>Oh no now everyone is pregnant

Anon what the fuck.
>>
>>15410766

leave and come back after a week, it should have sorted itself out
>>
Oh yeah, I was meaning to ask

What are the best body parts to give your pets? For instance, I have an Asura, and I am giving her legs, body, arms and helm. But what else is important? waist? Ring? Back? What's the priority here, aside from giving them twenty hands for the dw damage?
>>
>>15410766
Nuke them it's the only way to be sure.
>>
>>15410766
You may be out of luck if you gave the aliens to a high enough level NPC. I had Palmia infested on an older character with aliens popping out so strong that higher-ranking bell-types would die very, very quickly to them.
They survived a nuke somehow, too.
>>
>>15410811

rings and amulets are good for various bonuses and you can make tons of them, some things are missing "standard" parts like a back or waist but a cloak is more useful than a girdle.
>>
>>15411186
>some things are missing "standard" parts like a back or waist but a cloak is more useful than a girdle.

That's why I'm asking, a relative ranking of useful body parts. So is it rings > cloak > girdle?
>>
>>15411218

it would be hand>ring>neck>body>cloak/legs>the rest
>>
Urcaguary's another trophy for the museum. Rovid is the only one left now, then it's on to grinding furiously for enough levels to lightpen the inner gods.

In this case, melee just wouldn't seal the deal. I needed mist of silence and ice ball to get a lot of damage in fast before she could cast healing spells - it was probably 10-15 casts of ice ball, then magic equip, then 5 casts of mist of silence to make it stick. Hardly perfect play, and I was still far outclassing melee in damage per turn. If balance was ever ano's concern, he ignored how gigantic DV/PV values plus anti-melee special abilities like super armor aren't quite the equivalent of "it has normal resistance to magic [and no resistance to cold]."

And then you add on wet bonuses, or elemental scar, and it's like shit, nigger, why have weapons at all? Oh, yeah. For spell enhancers.
>>
E+ 1.59.
http://www1.axfc.net/u/3681212.zip
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22489
>>
Quick what's the fastest way to train charisma? I need 1 point!
>>
>>15411458
Use scrolls of inferior material to turn random engagement rings into RAW engagement rings, then eat them.

Or go give whiskey to random NPCs and prostitute yourself I guess.
>>
>>15411458

sell something that gives you exp and buy it back
>>
>>15411458
Invest a bunch in a shop, if you have spare gold.
>>
File: howabouticancelyourlife.png (344 KB, 560x341) Image search: [Google]
howabouticancelyourlife.png
344 KB, 560x341
>>15411404
>http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22489

>magic training now costs PLATS

NO
ANO
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SAVE US
>>
>>15411516
What gives XP?
>>
>>15411480
>Giving whiskey

Just hit up that drunk as fuck guard at the embassy for ez whoring.
>>
File: 1369873658813.png (377 KB, 596x834) Image search: [Google]
1369873658813.png
377 KB, 596x834
what does the strange feast do?
Should I?
>>
>>15411579

more expensive items, generally a scroll of oracle or 2 will give you negotiation exp for a very long time
>>
>>15411881
makes you bloated, spends a few hours doing so. It's pointless if you have a supply of food available.

>captcha: select all food
>>
From playing Martial Arts, I'm at about 50 Tactics and 60 MA. So far, damage ranges between 50-120 completely unarmed, 120-180 with the Shield Tonfa. Might need to put more emphasis on Tactics since the multiplier is only at 4.0x currently. Weapons are kind of annoying to train since they gain little experience without the special actions.
>>
>>15411920
Alright but my companion's food has the same window so I was confused.
>>
>>15411930
Are you having noticeably more or less trouble than your average weapon-wielding character? Would you mind posting your equipment sheet?
>>
File: liana.jpg (561 KB, 795x1122) Image search: [Google]
liana.jpg
561 KB, 795x1122
>>15411982

This is my current progress. So far, I've died a bit more at the start than expected and I used some of my points to get Martial Arts up. Right now, it's not too bad, I just wish I had more durability. I use throwing weapons so it's not pure martial arts, but even with my two hand character I used them. I'm hoping to get a good rock to toss.
>>
Is there a way to remove a skill from a pet? I've made a mistake.
>>
>>15412054
Cool, thanks. Upgrading some of your equipment to +2 or so might help with survival. Also you can equip tonfas/shields in the shoot slot, not sure how that would affect your damage.
>>
>>15411562
As far as I can tell from the changelog, that doesn't replace exp gain from casting or potential gain from resting, it's just a way to turn plat in to spell exp.
>>
File: 5a2e378971.jpg (446 KB, 1286x796) Image search: [Google]
5a2e378971.jpg
446 KB, 1286x796
I've made a terrible mistake

Why did this have to happen? All I wanted was play music for little sisters but now they are all going to die.

;_;
>>
>>15412271
What the fuck did you do
>>
File: slots.png (2 MB, 1603x1199) Image search: [Google]
slots.png
2 MB, 1603x1199
>>15410811
I didn't really have a priority list when I gene engineered body parts into Akeno and my Shoggoth. Not to say I didn't put any thought into it though. For Akeno I wanted to stick to a vanilla humanoid 13 slot body(Yerles, Eulderna, Jure, etc) so I pretty much just opened my own character's equipment sheet and followed the slot layout of that. For the shoggoth I wanted a completely exotic body but keeping it to 13 slots. When I got my shoggoth it only came with 3 slots. A head slot, a shoot slot, and an ammo slot. After extensive gene engineering it now has a head slot, a shoot slot, an ammo slot, 8 hands, an arm slot, and a neck slot.

After gene engineering missing body parts for pets I've come to the conclusion that there exists a conflict of damage slots vs resist slots. You see, the armor you tend to find in dungeons have resists which you need if you're going to survive whereas weapons tend to not have resists unless you get something like a defender weapon or a living weapon. So you kinda want to have armor slots and not be all hands unless you're really late in the game and have access to artifact fusion.

So you want hands and some armor slots for resists. If you're going for more hands you're going to have to decide on the ratio of hands to armor slots. The next question would be what should the armor slots be?

Well for me I answered that question by what armor slots would benefit me right now and in the long run. I wanted proximity assist and had a pair of gloves in storage with them so I gene engineered an arm slot into my shoggoth. There's also a static artifact called the twin edge that helps grant extra attacks so I gene engineered a neck slot into the shoggoth. Not saying that your pet must have a neck and arm slot but I'm saying that the armor slots you do choose should maybe map to gear enchants you want or armor artifacts you intend to get in the future.

Due to Akeno having a lot of armor slots, getting her resists up is a lot easier than it will be for my shoggoth. I'm late enough in the game to take advantage of artifact fusion and crafting that I can use artifact fusion to fill the shoggoth's necklace, helmet, and gloves with resists. If I run out of room on those three items I can then turn to putting resists on living weapons if need be.

Unfortunately, I don't see a person early on in the game having a pet with 8 arms or more having a good time surviving anything that can cast spells or breathes elemental stuff if it can't kill it before it kills them or has a dedicated healer that is constantly paying attention. As a side note I wouldn't go way over 13 slots. That speed penalty adds up. For me anyhow, I'm fighting things with speeds of 1500 or greater so speed penalties are unacceptable.

>>15411334
Congrats. Hope to see another godslayer eventually show up since very few people get that far in this game. I only know of a handful(5) of anons,including myself, that reached the levels of power needed to defeat a god. Since you're killing demi gods now you're definitely getting close. Now that you have the dumbell try to get the glasses as well so you can see exact information/numbers on attribute potentials. After you get those two you'll have another method of grinding out your attributes. This is what you do, you get yourself a training machine and then you head to Noyel. Wait for it to begin snowing. Might have to walk around a bit but it will happen eventually. Enter town and begin using your training machine. I'd hotkey it so you'll be able to spam it. Bring plenty of food, ideally herbs. Should be able to get some attribute points that way. What class and race are you by the way?

>>15411562
Cool, 1.59 is out then? I'll get to updating in a bit then. Have a lot of stuff I want to test out. So Ano decided to go with platinum. Not the most favorable result for me, gold, but certainly not the worst. It really could of been a whole lot worse. Like ancient books and gold medals bad. Well platinum is fine all things considered.
>>
>>15412268
Yep, the old system remains, this is in addition. However, potential goes down about twice as fast.

Doesn't make much sense to me, when platinum is already so scarce. The way it is for 1.59, it's actually faster to raise my 150ish level spells individually by casting them than by collecting 15 platinum per school that could otherwise go to useful skills, so nothing has changed. Maybe if you're low-level it's more relevant since the plat cost is lower. But it's not like magic is senselessly underpowered at low levels in the first place.
>>
>>15412327
I don't intend to make abominations, just trying to choose the best for characters that can't have all human slots. Specifically, the Asura, since she has 4 hands so I need to sacrifice 2 other slots. From what I've seen on this thread it's gonna be the girdle and either the head or the cloak.
>>
>>15412271
this game looks like tibia ;_;
>>
>>15412303
I tried to bully the shopkeeper with summon monster so she would call more little sisters but it spawned a firehound and things went ouf of control.

How do I save them?
>>
>>15412327
Demigodslayer here, not that it might benefit anyone else soon, but Yacatect's Glasses (and really most of the demigod items) are indeed awesomely useful. I can't imagine how much herb attribute experience I must've wasted because I didn't know exactly when to quaff potential pots. Now I can consistently stay in those 400-380 potential sweet spots.

Yerles warmage is how I went, switched with a business card halfway in. I still have all 2200 of my bonus points because I really like to hoard that kind of thing. Probably would've went golem had I known then what I know now, but it's not a big deal to me yet because I'm not yet a devoted caster. That's where the suffering comes in - this new update may put a crimp in my casting behaviors (cast like a madman to reach 360 potential, wait two days, repeat). Also haven't done any summoning at parties in 1.59, so I don't know how my burgeoning ticket income (5000 per quest!) will be affected. If that's gone, I might just sit on 1.58 for awhile.
>>
>>15412365
Cast Meteor.
>>
what skills do I want to teach my pets? Do I want to keep them with the bare minimum, or at least try to teach them useful shit like eye of mind and weight lifting and shit?
>>
Round Eyes!
Round Eyes!
Round Eyes!
>>
>>15412421
In Elona, you want to minimize the number of skills any pet (or your character) has. Anything they or you won't use should never be learned.

In Elona+, you want everyone to learn everything.
>>
>>15412441
>In Elona+, you want everyone to learn everything.
Whoa really? What changed?
>>
>>15412450
The main change is that all the things that used to give exp or potential to randomly selected skills now give exp or potential to all skills, so you get more exp/potential if you have more skills. Which of course means more stat exp and thus better stats.
The other is that all skills now do something if on a pet.
>>
>>15412468
Damn, and to think I was avoiding gene engineering a lot of skills. Thanks.
>>
>>15412061
>>15412421
I've seen two lines of thought. The first one being to get all the skills. The second one only getting a particular skill set and ignoring the rest. The second line of thought feels that through the travel skill they'll be able to just increase worthwhile skills to them.

While there are merits to the second line of thought I subscribe to the first line. Mainly because the second line of thought is a gigantic hassle when it comes to gene engineering as you really have to be careful with what you gene engineer and I never saw the traveling skill as something you actively employ. Think it's a bit wasteful to walk form one corner of the map to the next when you can be doing a lot of things in between. Even the useless skills for pets can have merit in increasing as they can raise attributes.
>>
>>15409594
>shouldn't of

No offense but it's actually "shouldn't have.'" "shouldn't of," doesn't actually mean anything, I think. I say this because "shouldn't of" is a contraction of should not of and "shouldn't have" is a contraction of should not have.
>>
>>15412257

I only have one Tonfa right now so that's not plausible. Throwing a shield might be fun though. I'll consider it in the future.
>>
>>15412551
I'd highly recommend getting the Shield Tonfa from Miral and Garok's workshop; it's really helpful at low levels. 55 medals. I still use it on my fairy melee character, though it's usually in the thrown slot now. Smash Tonfa is what's in my main slot if I'm punching stuff.
>>
>>15412895

The Shield Tonfa is what I have right now. From what I know, the only way you can get the other two is in the second continent or by beating that tour chick that hits like a bunch of trucks for a low level character.
>>
File: tickets.png (747 KB, 1603x601) Image search: [Google]
tickets.png
747 KB, 1603x601
Getting tickets through summon spirits got nerfed hard. Prior to 1.59 I could make around 2 million tickets every 16 parties. Now I make around 244,224 tickets every 16 parties. That's about an 88% reduction to the amount of tickets I used to make. Still, at 244,224 tickets I can get seven hero cheese/magic fruit so I can still grind out pets to 1000 life and mana. I can still use tickets at my summon spirit level to get herbs too. Music ticket farming through summon spirits is probably still the best way to get hero cheese/magic fruit. Unfortunately, it's a whole lot more grind was introduced to something that already took a long to get. On the other hand, the magic classes might help the early training of summon spirit.

Speaking of magic classes, shaman schooling is the one to go for to raise summon spirit. Each type of magic class has its own umbrella of spells it trains. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything telling me what class taught what so I guess that's something players are going to have learn through playing with it. Hopefully an exact list of what spell is trained for each school will eventually make its way to the wiki. Platinum cost for me was 15 across all schools. It took about 195 platinum coins to raise summon spirit from lv 1056 to lv 1057.

Feels like spell training overall got slightly harder for me but nothing drastic. Probably will just keep doing what I'm doing but will probably end up sleeping more to keep potentials up.

>>15412379
Cool, keep up the good work. Yeah, you may want to sit 1.59 out for awhile.
>>
>>15412970
Aside from apologizing for my glaring grammar mistakes, I should also make mention that the magic schools are great for leveling the magic attribute.
>>
>>15412970
> It took about 195 platinum coins to raise summon spirit from lv 1056 to lv 1057.

Why do you even play this character anymore
>>
>>15413027
>>15412970
I thought skills capped at 255? Man, I'm likely leveling incredibly inefficiently.
>>
>>15413027
There's monsters equal if not stronger than my character out there. I will not quit until I stand upon a mountain of corpses in the void knowing my character is the strongest in all of Elona.

>>15413081
Skill cap is 2000. Ditto for spells I imagine.
>>
>>15412345
>I don't intend to make abominations,
>I need to sacrifice 2 other slots. From what I've seen on this thread it's gonna be the girdle and either the head or the cloak.

What? I would like to think normal creatures have a head, back, and waist. :^)
>>
>>15412956
Yeah, I basically did Party Time quests until she showed up, and she was a massive pain in the ass to beat. It's definitely not a low-level item, although someone might be able to suggest a way to cheese kill her.
>>
>>15413319
I don't think I could deal with the insane amount of grind it'd take to get my character to your level, but I do enjoy hearing about what it's like up there.
>>
>>15413348
Asuras have 4 arms anon it's not my fault the game thinks they don't have legs.
>>
File: 13.jpg (81 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
81 KB, 800x500
hnnnng the new quicklings are so cute
>>
>>15412970
What was your potential in summon spirit?
>>
>>15413497
>>15413348

I see it as teaching unruly nonhumans to dress properly.
>>
>>15413582
Somewhere in the 300s I think? Not sure how much I would of saved at 400.
>>
Anyone know a few low level critters that give "Body" parts? I gave my Harpy a body but I need one more and can't remember what I used.
>>
>>15413871
Try yeeks.

The rule of thumb here is if the donor has more of a certain part than the recipient, then the recipient gains that part. Human donors never donate parts.
>>
>>15413882
Thanks, finally got it with an Orc.

Side note, is there a way to remove negative enchantments from weapons?
>>
>>15414193
If by negative enchantments you mean bloodsucking or stat minuses or it attracts monsters, no.
>>
>>15414193
I think you can remove them with artifact fusion if it's a miracle/godly/precious piece of equip when there are 15 attributes already on it and you try to add a new one. Never tried that before though.
>>
File: 901b870ca7[1].jpg (68 KB, 398x284) Image search: [Google]
901b870ca7[1].jpg
68 KB, 398x284
I was crafting panties and I got one that brings an end.

Pretty scary.
>>
>>15414405
What the fuck does it do.
>>
>>15414316
On second thought, that can't be right. It would mean being able to remove bloodsucking from living weapons.

>>15414427
Let's ragnarok!
>>
>>15414427
It summons extremely strong monsters in a swath of fire that just decimates entire towns and all the NPCS.

And God help you if you set it off in your house or something. That's the kinda shit that destroys runs.

Once you're strong enough though it's a decent way to farm some strong monsters.
>>
>>15412054
If you haven't already, consider get the Stamina feats. You're going to need a lot of it with your unlockable special actions, especially when you reach Zeome, who you can stunlock with Body Blow.
>>
Why can';t i dominate town childs in noyel?
>>
>>15414706

I haven't considered it yet. So far I've put points into the speed ones, HP ones and Kokou and I'm planning on getting the Teleport one too. I wasn't sure if 8-24 stamina would really be a big difference. I haven't used my special feats much so far aside from Bakuretsuken to blow stuff up.
>>
>>15411404
>full-body portraits
what
>>
>>15412345
Doesn't want to make an abomination but might be willing to take off the creatures head or not have a creature with an obvious back side. I think not making an abomination is out of the question here. Nothing wrong with abominations though. I have a 6 armed mutant player character myself but let's not kid ourselves about what we are.
>>
>>15414733
The teleport feat isn't that useful, you'll find plenty of scrolls and rods to teleport with. I'd say get the Uncontroll feat instead, it's an excellent damage and speed buff that doesnt use much stamina and the confusion doesn't last more than a few rounds on a fast character. Also the Jiu Jitsu feat is great, as it allows you to pin down fast enemies with Squeeze for your melee pets to wail on, and your basic attacks will do more damage to tanky enemies with high PV.
>>
>>15415199

I forgot I had Jiujitsu, but I do have that just in case. I wasn't sure about getting the Uncontrollable Power one, it sounded cool but I don't know if I can deal with confusion.
>>
God, trying to raise up 2000 AP for a low level pet for Barrier is a fucking chore and a half.

Especially on my frail caster pet.
>>
>>15415215
The confusion only lasts a few turns, it's only a problem if you use it while surrounded. The additional speed also helps as you'll take more turns before the enemy can move. For a while I was able to use Uncontroll and then immediately use Attribute to erase the confusion staus, but that doesn't seem to work anymore for some reason.
>>
>>15415902

Well, I might as well experiment with it. Might be fun to use with the Courage AP thing.
>>
Haven't played in a long while, just ported my old character to 1.58 and my character no longer has ensemble or cheer. Were these moves removed?
>>
>>15417024
Both are still there, maybe you need to level up to get them again?
>>
File: Blegh.png (352 KB, 701x493) Image search: [Google]
Blegh.png
352 KB, 701x493
>>15417024
Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
>>
>>15415119
>Take off

IT WAS NEVER THERE

Not my fault the asura likes to go around naked but I have to choose what items of clothing to force on it. If I force to much it begins to drag its feet.
>>
Can you set off a nuke inside the shelter?
>>
>>15417876
Why wouldn't you be able? Also why would you do it in the first place?
>>
>>15417158
Not that anon but where's the head on an asura then? In its stomach? If that's not the case, how does it see stuff and eat? I demand answers to this biological mystery!
>>
>>15419118
Like I said it's more like dumb inhumans refusing to dress properly. They have a head, but you have to gene engineer them the sense to wear a hat.
>>
>>15417876
Are you this guy? >>15409586
I'm was hoping people would give you the answer and you'd understand through the answer that it's a bad idea. Please stop doing stuff you'll regret later. Anon is worried about you.
>>
>>15419118
it has a head, just not an equipment slot for it because its too different from a human one. like the 'ears of a beast' mutation.
>>
[Changes and additions]
* While Sense Objects is active, you will be able to see invisible NPCs as well now.
* Reduced the cost of magic practice to 3-10 pp.
* The goose now lays 2 pp at a time.

[Fixes]
* Fixed the enhances your spells modifier only being 1.1 times at most for magic devices due to a typo.
* Fixed the massive reduction in healing effect on characters with cMetal and cArmour bit flags.
>>
>>15419154
explain why the kentaurs doesn't have a head or arms then

how can it hold a bow or gun, but not be able to hold a sword?
>>
>>15419527
It shoots by thrusting its pelvis. All monsters have reproductive abilities, so it stands to reason that all monsters have pelvises.
>>
>>15419719
Can they have pelvises, but not waists?
>>
>>15419799
All monsters can reproduce.

All monsters have shoot slots and ammo slots.

It stands to reason that their reproductive organs are either inside of or are the slots themselves.
>>
>>15419841
Cannot be the slots themselves, as both male and female entities have the exact same slots.

Unless you're proposing something fetishistic.
>>
File: bodyportrait.png (661 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bodyportrait.png
661 KB, 800x600
>>15414838
Waifu fluff. Just read the instructions to get it setup if interested. Only hard part is getting a good portrait/making one and perhaps altering it so it can express various emotions. They pop up when you go to talk to your pet. Was playing around with it just to see how it works. Got to use MS paint or GIMP to clean up my portrait but aside from that I seem to have got it to work.
>>
>Finally decided to try the main quest

This shit is hard why am I so bad

How do I make my pets not die so fast
>>
>>15420723
Maybe you're doing the main quest too early. What level are you and do you have good fire, darkness, chaos, and possibly magic resist? Those resists map to the dungeons and bosses you'll probably encounter.
>>
File: 00023024.png (3 MB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
00023024.png
3 MB, 1200x720
>>15420671
Finally, a use for hentai character CGs.
>>
>>15420774
I guess I am, I'm having trouble just gearing up properly. I can't find any more low level dungeons and hunting missions seem to be getting rarer. I need good equipment.
>>
>>15420671
>those stats
Holy moly. What makes a character hit harder, high attributes or skill levels?
>>
Is there an updated monster girl character.bmp sheet for 1.59?
>>
>>15420887
Didn't 1.59 literally just come out
>>
>>15420671
Fucking dope
Sure hope they add the ability to add custom CGs to sleep sharing events, so I can make this into a real H-game and lose myself to the autism grind
>>
File: void enemies.png (925 KB, 1604x600) Image search: [Google]
void enemies.png
925 KB, 1604x600
>>15420786
Yeah, eroges/vns are probably going to be good for sourcing these body portraits if you're art impaired like I am.

>>15420813
These pictures are old since I'm deeper in the void now but these are some of the monsters I've run into. Used an insight lens to pull up the monster's character sheet. The enemies I'm running into now are probably stronger than even them. In truth, I'm not scared of anything one shotting me like in the days when I was new adventurer. The problem now is status ailments and being overwhelmed. The strength of their hexes and status ailment attacks overwhelm my defenses which means I can be silenced, I can be stripped naked(goodbye resists and immunities), can be made insane and confused losing all control of my character, dimmed, and all sorts of other bad stuff. While that's all happenings enemies can and do descend upon me chipping away at me until I die. This coming from a guy with superb+++++ resists in everything but needs even more than that.

>>15420788
Quests refresh after a couple of in game days. Instead of only doing hunting missions try to add party missions, before its too late, and escort missions to your portfolio. You'll benefit from the extra gold and platinum. Use the gold to invest in vendors which should increase their inventories and the quality of the goods sold. Then just keep your eyes peeled for good equipment to buy. Visit your trainer and spend the platinum coin you're earning to keep your skill potentials high. High skill potential equates to an easier time leveling skills.

Try to amass a stockpile of oracle scrolls. For some reason adventurers love these scrolls so trade the scrolls for items they have that might interest you. You can also trade potions of corruption if you're willing to spare some.

Your dungeons will respawn after some time passes too. A message saying a sudden diastrophism hits the continent will appear when that happens. Just keep doing dungeons and quests to gain levels and keep your eyes open for gear to build yourself a decent resist suit. Eventually you'll be strong enough to do the main quest.
>>
>>15420813
>>15421041
Err whoops, I was answering a question for someone else. Anyhow, to answer your question a combination of high attributes and skill levels. At least for melee, casting is a bit different. For casting the primary power behind your spells is the spell level but attributes like magic can add to the amount of dice you roll for damage. My attributes may be inferior to my pets but due to how high my spell levels are, I'm actually much stronger than my pets. Oddly the casting skill doesn't affect damage. Just cast success.

If you're a dual wielder, tactics, weapon skill of choice, dual wield and strength are what you want to focus on. For a two hand it's tactics, two hand, weapon skill of choice and strength.
>>
>>15420961
You can modify the background of the sleep sharing event at the very least. Someone has an example of this in the mod pastebin.
>>
>>15421041
What did you use for your all-herb diet? Did you use herbed-in blessed curarias, herbed-in foods, etc.?
>>
>>15421193
Initial diet was just good food. Cooked steaks, breads, etc. Then I got some initial herb farms and then started putting herbs into the cooked food I had on me. Then as I got more herb seeds through Kumiromi statues and just having more Kumiromi gemstones to revive dead herb plants, I moved onto herbs inside herbs. Specifically the herbed in curarias. Been using curarrias as a base in my herb in recipes ever since and have only been eating those kind of herb concoctions.
>>
Why doesn't this game just pick the most powerful weapons for all hands instead of having to test them out against each hand separately fuck
>>
File: 27087608.jpg (47 KB, 356x304) Image search: [Google]
27087608.jpg
47 KB, 356x304
>>15412271
You absolute monster.
>>
>>15421256
Because there is no 'best' weapon depending on needs.

High damage rolls? Oh it's 12s heavy.
Consistent damage? Hope you like 3d3.
>>
>>15421341
The game does decide between weapons though. So it would be nice if it would compare all weapons. If you end up with 4 12s weapons that's your problem, since you gave them to your pet.
>>
>>15421256
Like what the other anon said, best weapon is situational. You're given two weapons. 5d100 weapon vs living weapon 1d100 with all levels into magic.

Dungeon boss shows up. It's a termination bell. You don't use the 5d100 weapon because its metal with 90% damage resistance against physical.

In another fight you run into a sleeping giant. This monster is very resistant to magic. You don't want to use the living weapon in this case. You want the 5d100.

I'm sure there are other interesting situations that can come up and o be honest, I'm not sure I understand what you want. You can just give the weapons you perceive to be the strongest to your pet and no other weapons and they'll equip it.

How would you write the code then to have the pets judge what weapon pets should equip over other?
>>
>>15421533
There IS ALREADY SUCH CODE. The pet picks a weapon. I wish they would select a weapon for ALL THEIR HANDS AMONG WHAT YOU GIVE THEM.
>>
>>15421341

Speaking of that, after retesting, I've come to realize the only reason the Pile Driver is better than Grandel or the Dragon Slayer is because of the pierce effect. I don't know whether to be disappointed in how weak weapons are or if it's just something else that needs work.
>>
>>15421552
They don't for you? That guy's shoggoth in this thread has lightsabers in all of its hands.
>>
>>15421577
The game asks you to pick a hand when you're handing a weapon. The creature compares whatever weapon you're giving it with what it already has ON THAT HAND. Not on any of the others.

All I'm saying is it would be nice if the little shit would realize that just because this weapon isn't the best for this hand it may be alright for the next one.
>>
>>15421614
Consider that weapon skill, accuracy bonuses, and damage multipliers exist too, how do you expect this to play out?

Heck the ai might shit itself on a 4d3 vs a 3d4. Nevermind material bonuses or enchantments, either.
>>
>>15421614
Stop being a lazy shit. You should be properly managing your pet's inventory to ensure it's using the right thing anyways, weapons aren't just damage dice with names and icons.
>>
>>15421621
4d3 is better than 3d4 and any idiot who can't tell that has no business coding anything.
>>
>>15421621
Look, you're bringing up an irrelevant issue, because the game ALREADY has a damn standard to pick weapons with. Whether thath standard is good or bad is not my problem, my problem is the game makes shit unnecessarily cumbersome.

>>15421623
It's not lazy to expect a decent UI. There's absolutely no reason to want to make shit harder on yourself. Nothing I'm saying prevents you from managing your pet's inventory closely.
>>
>>15421630
The UI is perfectly fine. I have never encountered any issues with getting my pets to equip what I want. Nobody prior to this has, to the best of my knowledge, complained about the pet inventory UI.
>>
>>15421653
>The UI is perfectly fine.
Having to swap screens to be able to see what your pet has equipped versus what you have on your inventory, for starters, is bad UI. You can deal with it sure. That doesn't make it good. Don't take it so personally, it's not a big issue, but it's an issue.
>>
>>15421629

Not him but a 4d3 weapon with tons of curses and bad shit on it certainly isn't better than a weapon that is 3d3 and no curses and bad shit on it. Hope the pet isn't going off of dice rolls alone when choosing weapons.
>>
>>15421110
Thanks for clearing that up, so Casting only improves the spell power of pets? I was getting things wrong, then.
>>
>>15421829
Yes, the casting skill is the power behind pet spells. Not for players. Players should just concern themselves with grinding out spell levels and attributes. Magic generally helps the dice of attack spells and Will helps certain buffs and heals.

For exact information on how spell damage is calculated you should consult the spells technical wiki.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Spells_(Elona%2B)/Technical
>>
>>15421658
>Having to swap screens to be able to see what your pet has equipped versus what you have on your inventory, for starters, is bad UI

Is it?
>>
>>15422112
If the guy has terrible memory, then yeah.
>Oh, this bow might be good for my pet.
>Wait, what did I want to change again?
But no one is that stupid.
>>
File: file.png (993 KB, 1280x801) Image search: [Google]
file.png
993 KB, 1280x801
What's wrong with my clock?
>>
So I finally reached Doctor Gavela at level 2, now I don't know what to go for, just 24 arms, or should I maybe get a ring or a neck slot too?
>>
>>15422321
Earlier anon has warned about going over 13 slots so you're going to be looking at a pretty bad speed penalty. Hope you have a good mount. Get whatever slots you want but beware. I think those limbs come at a cost of life from the doctor. Also resetting limbs worked much differently than I thought. Instead of losing one limb of my choosing you're reset completely to the body you had at character generation. So be very careful. If you mess up ever so slightly you might need to do the whole thing all over again if you're a stickler for having a specific body layout.
>>
>>15422399
I'm going for full 24, otherwise I would've done the run to Gavela. I just don't know if I should go all arms, or get some other slots too, since I have pretty low pv/dv because I can only wear a body piece.
>>
>>15422405
Pretty sure you mean hands. I don't want you messing this up as it would be sad. Unless, you really do mean arms for equipping gloves. I'm not sure why anyone would want 24 slots of that though.
>>
File: easy.jpg (284 KB, 797x599) Image search: [Google]
easy.jpg
284 KB, 797x599
I think I went in too hard on training myself. Shining Wave is broken early, even if it falls off later.
>>
>>15422424
Yes, I mean hands, this could've been a pretty big mistake, thanks.
>>
I made a mistake.
Is there a way to fix a town after a nuke goes off without cheating?
>>
>>15422471
Towns will reset themselves(towns people rebuild) after some time has passed. Look on the bright side. Now that you've nuked a town, and probably are into horrible levels of karma, you can join the thieves guild and do their stuff. Do that in the meantime. Play as a criminal avoiding the law...which you kind of are for nuking a town.
>>
So now I have 17 life, hopefully having 10 arms can help with that.
>>
>>15422588
Why would anyone need 10 arms?
>>
>>15422607
Why would you not want 10 arms? I'm trying out melee, since I my other character is a wizard, and this seems like the best way to do melee.
>>
>>15422612
Because I don't want to be called a freak.
>>
>>15422622
Would you call someone with 10 arms a freak to their face?
>>
File: nobully.png (1 MB, 1201x504) Image search: [Google]
nobully.png
1 MB, 1201x504
>>15422622
Sir, this is a no bully zone. I'm sure you don't want to be called a freak yourself despite the fact that you don't mind eating other humans and that you will kill, steal, and con other people for drugs to keep yourself from developing more eyes, hooves, a head that is disproportionate to your body, and other things
>>
Does going far past the minimum on a harvest time quest actually do anything? I'm handing in >400s for a 140s quest, but it doesn't seem to affect my chances of getting herb seeds or anything...
>>
>>15423117
I think it gives you more gold, but I'm not 100% sure, I only do as much as it's required since I only do it for seeds, and I don't think it effects seed quality.
>>
>>15423120
Thanks.

The XP gain's not so bad, so I might still continue a bit... but I guess I should train spellcasting or something for the rest of the time.
>>
>>15423136
If you have elona custom, in the escape menu there's tweaks, and inside you can find an option that allows you to leave it early.
>>
>>15423138
Neato, did not know about Elona Custom.
>>
>>15423117
I just do harvest time in the early game where it's easy impress for my pets because there's tons of very low HP mobs around, and even with three ranged pets that one-shot them it tends to end just around or soon after I clear the map.
>>
What gardening level do I need to be for herbs to auto-regrow with the Scissors of Kumiromi? I've already got ~80% chance right now (138+equipment), but I'm trying to decide if I should keep leveling gardening or not.
>>
>>15423447
Highest gardening you technically need is just 214 but considering all the harvesting you'll do anyways you'll probably overshoot that number plenty. Take a look at the technical section of the gardening page on the wiki.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Gardening
>>
Any tips on starting as a farmer and using farming and cooking as my main source to level stats?
>>
>>15423757
Thanks! It looks like the answer to half the questions around here is "Check the technical section on the wiki", so I'll try to do that from now on.
>>
>>15412271
Can't you just start picking up snow and throwing it to extinguish the fires?
>>
>>15423117
You get a little extra money, but the best reason to stick around for the rest of the quest would be to break the pots on the map, which have a chance of dropping decent items like ores.
>>
>>15423828
The wiki is outdated in some aspects as some of the pages reflect older versions of Elona+ or don't show the additions E+ has made.
>>
File: liana.jpg (281 KB, 796x596) Image search: [Google]
liana.jpg
281 KB, 796x596
So the shield shooting thing really did the trick for damage. I'm almost done with Act 1, I probably took too much time doing this. Can't beat that boss though so I'm going off to train and get teleportation scrolls.
>>
>>15423781
Do harvest job board missions in Yowyn for seeds. Use gold you get from job board missions to buy farm deeds and maybe ranches. If you bought a ranch, raise something with decent breeding power like horses. You can purchases horses from an NPC in Yowyn. Once you have some horses slay them for their meat and put the meat in the compost bins on your farms. They'll become fertilizer after some time has passed. Use the fertilizer on your plants. Plants that fertilized will get + bonuses to them. These bonuses lead to better plants that are better for you and also will sell for more. To get the most out of your sold plants and fruits, cook them. In the end you'll have food with + bonuses and they can sell for quite a bit of gold when sold to a vendor. Perhaps more if you own a shop. An alternative to a ranch for fertilizer is to steal some apple/fruit trees and put them over the compost bins. Just bash the trees and the apples or fruits will fall into the bins. They'll rot away and become fertilizer.
>>
>>15423871
It's too late. The place has turned into an inferno of suffering and I've abandoned it.

I'm sorry anon
>>
>>15424666
The sister's mansion is treated as a static location, so even after a long extended period of time It'll remain exactly the same, still burning in shambles.

Perhaps (if there's still hope for the remaining neutral npcs) if you wander around another location where its more prone to rain than snow, wait until it rains, then warp via return scroll/spell back towards the mansion so the rain still remains in effect from the previous location. Or another quick method would be to try searching for a rod of bubble ball or gaining spell stock in bubble storm (probably much easier to just search or invest for the rod first).
And finally just patch up any damage done with the wall creation rod/spell like I did.

And even though its cheap and easy, it would be infinity less tedious to just re-initialize the map. I just don't find that way very fun is all.
>>
Any of you guys happen to know an easy way to get literacy on pets? Supposedly Yerles MI gives it, but I'm not getting it from slaves.
>>
>>15422132
>>15422112

>I have to memorize the stats of every weapon I want to compare. This is ideal and in no way bad UI.

Fanboys.
>>
>>15425259
Not that anon but looking at how this argument has evolved, you went from complaining about pet AI not choosing the weapons you want them to choose to now wanting some UI popup window thing to compare what you have in your inventory to what the pet has. Your first complaint was easily solved by handling the equips yourself which the game already lets you do. It also has been shown that having the AI do selections for itself would be horrible as there are way too many variables that might influence what best is. Now we're on to UI design? Are you trying to save face or something for requesting something in your first argument that seemed ridiculous? Yeah sure, the workable UI could be improved on. I guess I'll give you that.
>>
>>15425259
I wrote up a whole post on this last night, but decided not to reply because I figured "why argue with a terminally autistic person?" But here we are again.

First, let's begin by noting Elona is a game originally developed in 2007 from a pile of scraps by a Japanese madman. It isn't a game where the final, most important function is DPS/damage per turn and all else revolves around that. This isn't Diablo 3. If you don't want to do the math or read up on freely available mechanics (other games call this "meta") then you can just as easily play a gimped character. I've done it. Many others do, whether they realize it or not.

As for the more specific complaint that the UI is bad, Elona overall is a feast for the eyes if you compare it to any other roguelike. It's literally lightyears ahead of ASCII, and it's a significant step beyond the likes of Stone Soup tiles. Does it have dropdown menus or genie effects or equipment optimization? No. It's a one-man operation, and it's stunningly crafted for all its (many, many) flaws.

"Equipment optimization" in Elona is a two-pronged issue. First, it ignores the player in favor of X. What is X? For many people it might be PV, but for many others it might be DV, but for many others it might be equipment with bonus skills or equipment with bonus stats. But what if you have an item with awesome stats, damage, and skills, but it weighs 400s? Is that an "optimum" weapon? What if it has a gravity sphere proc? A fire bolt proc? Magic damage? Fire damage? Ice damage? Attracts monsters? sucks blood? Absorbs stamina? 20% pierce? 0% pierce? 100% pierce? "It throws an absolute piercing attack"? What should be prioritized for "optimal" equipment? Add onto that your current weapon/tactics/firearm/eye of mind skill levels, and "optimal" equipment utterly breaks down. Again, this isn't Diablo 3.

The second prong of optimum equipment is that it takes away from the mystery of learning the mechanics. Some people might think this is an imagined ideal, but there's something to be said for seeing a bonus and figuring out how it works mechanically and not having the game tell you "this weapon is fuckawesome."
>>
>>15425368
Well you've pretty squarely summed up why MMOs are a dead/dying genre these days. Thank you.

"This sword is 12 stabby"
"This blue sword is +24 stabby!"
"THIS ORANGE SWORD IS +80 STABBY!"
>>
>>15425347
Both are UI problems, anon, and not unrelated.

Yes, you can choose your pet equips yourself. But this is cumbersome to do due to the fact that in order to compare what a pet has equipped you have to switch between windows, a lot of times, or memorize every stat of every weapon you want to compare. See the relation? If the UI was good, then picking your pet equips manually would be less a pain in the ass.

And you didn't "solve" the first complaint at all. You keep saying it's better to do it yourself, but you keep ignoring the fact that the game ALREADY has some system to decide between what to equip´. And it's bad design to have the system only work per hand, because this means you have to drop the new weapon on each hand for the system to make the comparison. Again, cumbersome.
>Yeah sure, the UI could be improved on. I guess I'll give you that.
Well shit, then why are you arguing? That's literally all I said. I don't know why, admitting this, you still can't agree that my earlier points are UI problems. I even specifically said they weren't big issues.

>>15425368
>then you can just as easily play a gimped character. I've done it. Many others do, whether they realize it or not.
If the game had better UI, this would happen less. You're essentially agreeing with me.
>As for the more specific complaint that the UI is bad, Elona overall is a feast for the eyes if you compare it to any other roguelike
That's fair. This doesn't mean you can't point specific issues within the UI or that you should take offense to people doing so.
>"Equipment optimization" in Elona is a two-pronged issue
Which doesn't have much to do with my original complaint, which was "I wish the game would use whatever standard it ALREADY USES for pets to decide what to equip, and apply it to all hands instead of just one, because it's annoying to manually force the system to compare for each individual hand". Especially for many-handed pets. I don't think it's an unreasonable observation or even a particularly damning one.
>The second prong of optimum equipment is that it takes away from the mystery of learning the mechanics.
I agree actually, but as I said this has nothing to do with my complaint. And BECAUSE the stats on weapons are more complex than on the average game, it would certainly benefit of UI improvements to make equipment easier on people who aren't familiar with the NdN systems.

>>15425389
I don't deny that oversimplification sucks but I am pretty sure that is the least of the modern MMO's problems as far as the genre's survivability goes.
>>
>>15425368
And one more thing, it's fucking rich that someone playing Elona thinks they get to call others "terminally autistic". Have some self-awareness.
>>
>>15425416
Not arguing about UI. I'm just a bit confused at how your initial argument turned from an AI complaint to a UI complaint.

>>15421552
>I wish they would select a weapon for ALL THEIR HANDS AMONG WHAT YOU GIVE THEM.

>>15421256
>Why doesn't this game just pick the most powerful weapons for all hands instead of having to test them out against each hand separately fuck

Sounds very much like you're arguing about AI here and not UI. The AI has been forgiven though because if a computer had to choose which weapon was best it would probably not choose the one the player would choose because there's a lot of factors at play.

The solution is to do the decision process yourself and equip the weapons yourself. The actual UI we have to look at a pets gear and equip them is workable but yeah I'll concede that what I think you want for a UI improvement would be for the better. However, your initial anger with the AI seemed ridiculous because there was no way the AI was going to win out in choosing something that a player could do better.
>>
>>15424451
Zeome? Body Blow. Hit him a few times until he's Dim, go to town with your punches, rinse and repeat. Using Attribute with Sound damage or just Bakurestuken can cause confusion. Tossing Cursed alcohol also helps. Basically anything that stops his spells.
>>
>>15425416
>>15425437
I mean, I just don't get it. If equipping pets with the right weapons is the thing that gets a player riled enough to post about it (I've been in these threads for too long and you're literally the first person I've ever seen take issue with this system), then the devs must have done something right originally. We can all agree it's not perfect, and there are plenty of ideas in-game where developer reach exceeds developer grasp, but of all the goofy and yucky systems (herbs, spellcasting, damage balance) it's so different to hear complaints about the incovenience of the UI itself.
>>
So I made a Fairy. Did I fuck up, or is there some way to bring the weight of equipment down eventually?
>>
>>15426380
Flying scrolls, though that's on the further reaches of "eventually".

And there's plenty of good light stuff.
>>
>>15426400
Also I got lucky and found myself a magaqua. But for some reason my swim skill isn't training unless I drop it.
>>
>>15426482
The upside to the magaqua is that it keeps you wet and thus gives you a speed bonus. The trade off is that it prevents you from gaining swimming exp.
>>
>>15426482
That reason would be "by intentional design".
>>
>>15426540
>>15426609
Oh well. I guess it's still a pretty badass item.
>>
>>15426805
It is, it's just not something you carry unless you need it. Or have maxed Swimming, I guess.
>>
>>15426894

I'll be impressed on the day I see someone max a skill normally. Especially something like Tactics or a weapon which takes forever.
>>
>>15425253
Why would you want that?
>>
>>15427420
Book club, duh.
>>
does anyone know if the evolved goose god pet still has the abilities of dropping coins from eating food? or is that lost upon evolving?
>>
>>15412271
there's a combination of keys you can press when entering to reset the map, don't remember which one it is
>>
>>15425437
Ya know anon, it's perfectly possible to play a relaxed game of elona and quit after you go through a couple dungeons. Not all adventurers care long enough to stave off alien invasions.
>>
started a new character and im never ever gaining ap, i remember maxing ap stock before reaching south tyris, what changed?
>>
>>15428669
Your experience might be a bit different due to how long you may have been away from Elona. A lot of things have been adjusted and formulas tweaked. Aside from that, it's perfectly normal for someone that took a modest amount of time in North Tyris to only have a few AP gained. Real gains will start after you reach a certain difficulty hump as you'll start to encounter more difficult monsters. Most people experience this in South Tyris but I suppose if you're really taking your time in North Tyris, you'll encounter this hump naturally as you enter high level dungeons.
>>
I've build a shop and stocked it up with food I cooked but it barely seems to turn a profit (about 4k per month). I staffed it with a Juere swordman as it was the easiest decent shopkeeper to get for me right now.

Any advice to improve profits? Should I just give it more time/stock better items?
>>
>>15430365
Make sure you changed your shop type to "Food Shop" at the desk, and try to buff your shopkeep's Charisma/Negotiation through gear (Tight Boots and Engagement jewelry are good here) and a Blessed potion of Restore Body. Having more ranks in your shop will help, but that takes quite a while.
Also, there have been a few changes to the sale failure rate through the last few updates. E+ 1.58 had a lower chance to sell items in specialized shops, but that was fixed in the latest version. So if nothing else, you might want to update to that.
>>
>>15430446
I also forgot to mention that there seems to be a bug regarding items that go unsold for a while. Even if you have them in a special shop, they may go forever unsold until you pick them up and put them back down again. This is a big problem with food items, as food that has been sitting in a shop for a while will rot after a few turns as soon as you pick it up.
>>
File: food.png (430 KB, 800x605) Image search: [Google]
food.png
430 KB, 800x605
>>15430365
Strange, then again, I don't use my shop to sell food but gear that I find in dungeons. 4k per month sounds a bit low. It's been a long time since I've done the food sell hustle so I'm not too sure about the profit scaling in regards to cooking skill and superior product though. If you're only making 4k a month selling your food maybe your shopkeeper isn't selling enough or there is a problem with your shop? Pretty much this >>15430446
if that's the case. Check to see just how good of a salesman your shopkeeper is by selling to a normal vendor. Might be better to just sell your food to a normal vendor and if that's the case your shopkeeper needs some training. Are you following this? >>15424599. That's pretty much what I did. Selling food can be a relatively safe way to produce a good amount of gold. Especially if you have a ton of farms cranking out plants and fruits with bonuses. This is a picture of me selling some of my cooked food to just a normal vendor.
>>
>>15430633
The food I make right now is usually around 1000 gold avarage and sometimes tops out at 10-12k.
Looking at the sales messages he doesn't seem to sell a lot so maybe I should just hunt down some good items for the shopkeeper to wear and wait for the shop and his stats/skills to train up.
>>
>>15430446
If your looking to sell food for a profit, consider only planting vegetable seeds. For whatever reason, the produce of vegetable seeds are more profitable than that of fruit seeds per farm tile. What you should typically aim for are watermelons and muskmelons; they have the highest base price out of all fruits and vegetables. Although they are classified as fruit, the wiki states that they are harvested from vegetable seeds. As an added bonus, some vegetables (healthy leaf, imo, and sweet potato) do not rot, even when cooked.
>>
>>15430695
>do not rot, even when cooked.
As far as I'm aware, cooking things doesn't change if they rot or not, just slows the process down if they do. Is there anything you can confirm rots when uncooked but not when cooked or vice versa?
>>
>>15430446
There's specific shop types now? Holy shit I need to update.
>>
>>15430756
Specialized shop types sell that specific type of item incredibly fast and at a high price. The most basic one, Blacksmith, is probably the easiest to manage as you can toss any shit gear you find in dungeons and it'll sell for much more than a standard shop, and you'll have a good chance of getting more gear to sell in your shop's strongbox at the end of the day.
It's worth noting that you'll get more good items of the same type in addition to money with specialized shops, IE herb seeds from Food shops, potions of cure corruption from Magic shops, etc.
>>
File: cute.jpg (103 KB, 612x383) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
103 KB, 612x383
Jure is cute. Cute!
>>
>>15431021
Ok this brings up a new question. I have Jure at my home, but I'm thinking of switching gods. If I become apostate, does Jure leave my home, or can I keep her around forever?
>>
>>15431056
She stays there until you tell her to go away.
>>
>>15431065
So I could have a harem of all the gods in my house? Good to know.
>>
>>15431096
I think it takes up "guest" slots, so you'd be getting more gods at the cost of reducing total shopkeepers.
>>
>>15431203
Make Yacatech a shopkeeper. How about that for profit?
>>
>>15412271
hold backspace while on world map on sister mansion tile then pres enter, will ask you if you want to reset
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (30 KB, 1069x47) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
30 KB, 1069x47
>>15431096
I'm not sure a harem is worth the heartbreak anymore...
>>
File: holyveilwontprotectyoufromTHIS.png (249 KB, 648x450) Image search: [Google]
holyveilwontprotectyoufromTHIS.png
249 KB, 648x450
After taking out Rovid, all the demigods are history. The next goal is level 600 to astral light pen Itzpalt (or Kumiromi, if his normal form is beatable by that point). Right now, visits to the void are the only way to acquire experience quickly, and it looks like meteor is going to become increasingly important to deal with that. At some point I'll have to transition to spellcasting for damage, but that point is not yet here.

Ranking the demigods by difficulty: Rovid=Urcaguary>Amurdad>Sinaha=Arasiel=Garziem>Sophia>Karavika. The easier ones can be almost entirely cheesed with ranged/shining wave, while the more difficult ones tend to discourage that kind of behavior with shadow step or healing skills.
>>
What ever happened with custom for 1.58? Or can I simply use the older versions without problem?
>>
>>15431562
It-s over here
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22264
>>
>>15431096
Absolutely
I already have them all at my home.
Successfully Performing to them is my late game goal

Feel free to give them gifts, friendship tokens, and then squeeze them at night while over a bed.

>>15431203
I haven't had any trouble.
But I already had the max shopkeepers employed before I started inviting over any deity guests
>>
>>15431727
>raping and mind-breaking the gods
This fucking game
>>
>>15431697
thanks senpai
>>
File: characterSheet.png (2 MB, 1357x1181) Image search: [Google]
characterSheet.png
2 MB, 1357x1181
So, I've recently gotten to South Tyris with pic related. Does anyone else feel/has felt a little overwhelmed with the amount of stuff to do after getting to the continent? As far as I know, the arena's christmas events, and many other things to do are all in North Tyris. I've moved my house and shops down to ST, but I still find myself going back to NT. How does anon cope with getting overwhelmed?
>>
Anyone have that Elona picture where the guy kept dying over and over again to slimes in the beginning. It was a picture of the chatbox I think and he used a swear word as his name.
>>
>>15431393
Post stats please. I'm wondering when I can attempt killing demigods (strongest NPC I've beaten so far has only been Raizel)
>>
File: 1457482767532.png (118 KB, 638x229) Image search: [Google]
1457482767532.png
118 KB, 638x229
>>15432646
This one?
>>
>>15433881
That's the one. Thanks, babe.
>>
>>15432452
No way, I like all the stuff to do down there
Now that I did most of it, now comes the sadness

I need more content, now I just dungeon dive in awakened dungeons and do party quests, which is still fun
>>
>>15432452
Not really a good idea in the long run to move your house/buildings to ST. NT is a good home base because of guild access/treasure maps/convenient warp points. Not that it can't be done, but the canon recommendation is to settle in NT and use the return spell to get where you need to go if it's a long distance.

Otherwise, take it easy. South Tyris is where most characters really blow up in power due to AP gains, so just keep on going dungeon by dungeon, investing in magic vendors and buying important items (like potions of potential) along the way. Clear and easy improvements for the moment are upgrading your equipment (sage's helm+another unique claw would be a great addition) and seriously considering whether you want to branch out into spellcasting. Also consider your armor class - light armor doesn't have a clear and present benefit for you, and medium armor will greatly increase your equipment flexibility.
>>
>>15434003
Well on top of that, once you hit speed cap, traveling in ST is relatively easy. If you need to reset dungeons, just shift the land by crossing the border. Rehmido is a good return point at the center of the map, the house that's given to you covers a good part of the bottom, and the border crossing is close enough to Melkawn otherwise.

For people playing mages and the like ST doesn't offer that many advantages to warrant moving to.
>>
File: monsters.png (2 MB, 1599x1801) Image search: [Google]
monsters.png
2 MB, 1599x1801
Shot from 1.57 straight to 1.59 so I had some new monsters waiting for me. Every time new monsters are added I always see them as new potential pets for consideration. The more dangerous the monster the more interesting it might be as a pet but even if a monster does seem to go down easy, what's under the hood could be surprising.

The first new monster I ran into the is the killer nurse. Pretty much a nurse in red. Was caught a bit off guard since I was thinking it was just going to be a better healer. Instead it chased me down to constantly shoot me with her gun and zero shoot me when her bar was full. Aside from that, don't know what else it does as my pet Mayu didn't appear to like her and proceeded to MP breath her demolishing her in one blow.

Dark elves, or rather dark Elea, seem to be a thing now. This particular dark Elea I dominated seemed to be a level 78 wizard. True to their race name, their spell focus revolves around darkness with some chaos thrown in. They can cast darkness bolt, mist of darkness, nightmare and chaos eye. Nice that they cast their own debuff by themselves for their spells. Can also use gravity sphere and will heal themselves when weak through casting heal critical. A decent caster. Might be seeing more dark Elea in the future with different classes and abilities.

Ran into a green quickling, a red quickling(redcap) plenty of times in the past so seeing a blue one was interesting. Pretty sure its name is a typo and should just be called hellsting. At any rate, what makes this quickling interesting is that it likes to use the blade string special action. If made a pet, this may be the first pet that I know of that actually plays a trapper role. How effective that is I'm not sure but it's interesting.

The Zannan old solider likes to shadowstep and what's noteworthy about it is that it also likes to use pressure special ability to reduce the enemies gauge.

The grass dancer and the grass killer are both quicklings as well and have interesting features. The dancer is a ranged bow user that uses fascination dance and brainwashes. Has the eye of illusion special attack too. Comes with the cResEle bit that provides massive damage resist to elemental attacks/spells. The grass killer also comes with that bit but what's interesting about the grass killer is that it uses shining wave. Both seem like interesting pets to have but like most good things, there's always a catch. All quicklings suffer from a horrible life attribute like bells. So raising one will be difficult without proper ruby equipment and being constantly aware of how they're doing in combat. Hero cheese naturally solves the problem if you can farm it.
>>
File: A very talented hedonist.png (979 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
A very talented hedonist.png
979 KB, 1280x768
Long time since I've played. I'm feeling the itch again. I finished my last run as a God Slayer just before the patch that added Nuclear Lions.

Anything major added? I know there's Elona Custom going on which sounds great but as far as content or build variety? Much added to the new continent? Maybe more support for Necromancy? Thinking of doing a Magic Device/Pet run.
>>
>>15432729
Long post/general editorial incoming:

Understand my character is the epitome of imperfect play. If you embraced the grind and put your mind to it, you could be where I am in half the time. I didn't start herb farming until 150 hours in, and I didn't understand weapon mechanics (how two-hand worked) until about 250 hours in. I didn't start spellcasting until 300 hours in. I didn't grind the void at all until 400 hours in. In addition to all that, I run with a large, fast pet team for convenience rather than power, so that's basically all wasted experience/skills that doesn't help anyone in the endgame. The vast majority of my playtime has been traveling town to town fulfilling quests - maybe what Ano is hoping becomes the standard playstyle, but far from efficient use of playtime.

As an 80% melee/20% caster who would rather be casting 100%, I can't stress enough how much more powerful (and unfortunately tedious) magic is than melee in this period of patches. Melee works on a damage curve where the multiplier begins from an arbitrarily low point (weapon dice damage) and multiplies higher and higher through skills and stats. Magic damage works on a damage curve where instead of a multiplier, the dice themselves increase. So you get where I'm at: 8d6+161 x 45.5 for melee. That's a good 9000ish max damage roughly doubled due to the bonus magic damage of my current weapon, increased further by criticals and equipment buffs like bonus attacks. Add on a few bonuses from magic buffs if you want. Of course the vast, vast majority of that is reduced by PV, and it's completely negated if an enemy dodges. Not to mention you need to be in melee range to do damage, and you need a bunch of SP to make use of melee's many special abilities.

Contrast that with my level 170ish, 53d223 ice ball spell. Max damage is 12000, doubled by spell enhancers, and if you cast in rain with elemental scar and magic equip, who knows where we'd be. Resistance too high? Switch to fire ball or magic ball or thunder vortex. Enemy has high PV or DV? Doesn't matter. Damage spells always hit, and balls can hit a zillion targets at once. I've spent 5 times as much of my game time whacking enemies with swords as I have pewpewing with magic dart or ball spells, and ball spells are already beginning to outclass my melee damage. Until some kind of gamechanging update, I'll vocally note magic's superiority over melee.
>>
>>15434432
One thing that melee does have above magic is the use of invokes, and most notably time stop, which can be very powerful if you have the right equipment (which you can kind of see as free turns). So don't be too discouraged. But yea, early-midgame magic is much easier to get up online rather than melee, which is fairly equipment dependant (like almost all rpgs).
>>
File: Kai.png (773 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Kai.png
773 KB, 800x600
>>15434285
Ah, it's the godslayer that came before me and my character's mentor Torte Shortbread. I was probably still trying to defeat Siva the Destruction when Torte was sinking island nations with meteor, killing gods, and reanimating corpses. Probably learned about herbs from him and some other anons but I definitely learned about meteor and summon spirits, and how they affect levels and music tickets, from Torte here. My character Kai owes a nice part of his statistics to seeing the strategies Torte posted in the past followed to their logical conclusion. Glad to see you again master.

Much of the recent changes have been to game mechanics with the story slowly being added to. Aside from the convenience tweaks related to coffins, I don't think anything major has been added to necromancy since the last time you posted. Nothing has really changed with magic device which may be a good thing. Magic Device is still a very good skill and I'm making use of it a lot myself. A pretty significant change to spell casting has taken place. When you level up spells the potential drop is more now than what it was in the past. Spell damage multiplier is now capped at at 2x instead of 2.5. Finally, you can now level up groups of spells by visiting the trainer and choosing to attend a magic class. The classes cost 15 platinum for each session and gives spell experience. Might be useful for lower level spell casters but for very powerful spell casters I'm not sure about. It took me almost 200 platinum coins just to level up my summon spirit spell once. I get about 5 platinum a dungeon so it takes me almost 40 dungeons just to level up summon spirit once. Kinda find it faster just to sleep more by lowering my speed and speeding up time to raise my spell potential. Then I just spam spells like normal.

Life and Mana attributes have an effective cap of 1000 now even though you can go beyond it. In the past 2000 was the cap but when I reached a certain level with 2000 Mana my millions of MP got reduced to one. Had to get help from some anons here to send a bug report to Ano in hopes he would fix the problem. He did end up fixing it by adjusting how HP and MP is calculated and with these new formulas it was found 1000 for both life and mana was the new effective cap.

The amount of music tickets you can get through summoning spirits at party quests have been nerfed. However, if you still have a very high level summon spirit spell you can still farm hero cheese, magic fruit, and herbs from it. It just takes a bit longer now. Leveling through casting meteor on high level spirits still works but you'll need a higher level summon spirit spell than before as well. Also, I found that the soft cap for levels is 6,666. Summon spirit and meteor doesn't work past that point and it seems I'm not gaining much exp from anything anymore. Level cap is probably 10,000 from what I heard from an anon in a past thread.

Pets are still pretty much the same. If you don't know what you're doing pets can be a major drain on your character and relatively useless but if you do know what you're doing they can outpace a character in power growth. Some waifu fluff has been added such as the introduction of body size portraits of you pet when you go to talk to them.

I don't really have much to comment on with build variety. I'm using my pets currently to test out builds. Like instead of rerolling as a mutant I decided to dominate a shoggoth and gene engineer it 8 arms. I'll raise it and use it to see how a mutant character will play like with the benefit that pets can grow faster than player characters. A lot of people have been rolling the familiar tried and tested builds such as wizard or some sort of wizard hybrid. More exotic builds such as a martial artist or martial artist/wizard hybrid have seen some play but most of those players don't get very far for anyone to make guesses of how effective they can be late game. Either that's proof that they're ineffective or nobody has willingness to grind it out. I would at least think a martial artist/wizard hybrid would be viable. I'll probably make a pet in the future to test that a martial artist build out unless a player character beats me to it. I'd rather have a player with a martial arts character provide testimony for a martial arts build than a pet due to growth differences.

There's just a lot not known about how exotic builds work at high levels such as necromancy, martial arts and mutants. I'm still on the fence whether a mutant can actually do more damage than a caster. If you do come back, a magic device/pet user should be good to go. Pets and magic device are both pretty strong (at least I can vouch for rods) and due to a lot of things not being known about necromancy, maybe you can report your findings with us.
>>
>>15434498
Does timestop work on sandbagged enemies? That would be cool.
>>
>>15434652
Couldn't you continue levelling from nefia dungeons and the void? I found that you can summon other monsters/wild or trigger ragnarok and all of the mobs that spawn will match the nefia dungeon's level, from which you could continue spamming meteor for exp.
>>
>>15434652
Oh hey Kai, I was wondering if you were still around. Glad to see you are. Stroke my ego more why don't you.

Thanks for the write up. I read about the spell potential change while skimming the thread. I guess it makes sense since it evens out the time periods of strength for pure casters. Still, I worry that some of the changes I've seen make the game less Elona. Only the future will tell. If I do come back Necromancy will definitely be a big focus. Since I already accomplished my goals with the main game I'd mostly be interested in gimmick builds until they add a large amount of new content. Probably one or two interesting pets that I raise from early on. Have they made much additions in the way of evolutions or early monster variety?
>>
>>15434683
Yes it does. I guess you could cheese some gods by getting some array of sandbagged enemies and proccing time stop on them, then shadow stepping to the victim, then shadowstepping back to the sandbagged enemies to reproc timestop. Still a bit risky because there's always the chance that you don't proc timestop,
>>
>>15434687
The void is actually a second home to me now due to how often I visit it just to farm AP. Unfortunately, even there I'm having problem breaking past just gaining 500 exp for each kill. I'll try to see in the future when I go further down if I get more exp but I'm situated in a hard place at the moment. I don't really want to go further down at the moment because my pets currently can train pretty well at the floors I'm on. New pets I bring into the fold have massive difficulties with those floors which forces me to tag them to my character for awhile which I hate doing but realize its one of the best ways to kickstart their AP generation. If I go deeper it just gets harder for them.
>>
>>15434432
>Melee works on a damage curve where the multiplier begins from an arbitrarily low point (weapon dice damage) and multiplies higher and higher through skills and stats. Magic damage works on a damage curve where instead of a multiplier, the dice themselves increase.
What you're hinting at, but not actually stating, is that magic has a quadratic curve whereas physical attacks have a linear curve. Both magic and physical damage is the product of two variables. For physical, it's base damage times multiplier and for magic it's dice times size. Base damage doesn't increase with stats/skills, but multiplier, dice, and size do.
This isn't actually the case for most of the game, though. Early on, your base damage and multiplier are both increasing, since you're upgrading and replacing your weaponry and gear. Magic doesn't become amazingly OP until you reach the point where you have the "best" weapons available, and physical damage stops being a quadratic curve and starts to being linear.
tl;dr Magic doesn't start fully trumping melee/bows/gunnery until postgame
>>
>>15434700
There's been a steady flow of new monsters and bosses for ALP that have been added. The wiki is in sore need of being updated and I find it hard tracking down new monsters that have been added without reading the patch notes to give me a clue or to actually encounter them in the game so I have a precise name to enter for lookup. The pet evolution page really needs to be updated. New monsters are in the game and there are evolution paths available that that wiki page isn't showing. A fallen angel evolution path I think exists or at least it's some sort of angel path.
>>
>>15434741
>The wiki isn't up to date

Figured, that's why I decided to ask here. It's hard to complain though, the Elona community does a remarkable amount of work for how small it is. I'll skim the patch notes. Any particularly interesting ones you've encountered?
>>
>>15434780
Patches? They all kinda blur into one another for me and I tend to only pay attention and remember the changes that affect me personally. Probably be better to read them yourself because you'll probably catch things I didn't or know of some interesting things to do with the noted changes.

If you're talking about interesting enemies. The performaids come to mind. They're aactually a group of enemies. Succubus like maids that have caused me a lot of grief. In particular the performaid pinchief as she summons the rest of the crew and will keep summoning more unless you kill her. I didn't encounter the performaids in a normal dungeon but the void though. There should be wiki entries for them by now. I think someone got really angry about their encounter with the performaid bitchiak judging by the wiki comment left about her. She really is kind of a bitch though. Her abilities are all meant to dismantle a character if her MP breath(breath attack that converts 50% of your MP bar into damage. Kinda like a mini mana burst.) doesn't kill.
>>
>>15434862
>I didn't encounter the performaids in a normal dungeon but the void though.
Speaking of the first time I met them. I have met them outside of the void in normal dungeon though.
>>
File: wgewgwge.png (664 KB, 1285x799) Image search: [Google]
wgewgwge.png
664 KB, 1285x799
I fuckin did it, I got the god lightsaber
>>
>>15434871
Performaids show up in normal dungeons. I've been nuked by the bitchiacks a couple times. The main issue is that the spawn rate is getting smaller as the pool of monsters increases.
>>
>>15434934
GJ, that's one heck of a lightsaber.
>>
>>15434234
Interesting. Thanks for the post.

Is there any way to enable thumbnails/image previews in Windows 10? I don't want to end up posting the harsh reaction images by accident.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.