[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the most hated touhou?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 33
File: 1464754214750.png (207 KB, 542x756) Image search: [Google]
1464754214750.png
207 KB, 542x756
Who is the most hated touhou?
>>
>>15380070
Medicine. Would make playing Reisen in PoFV storymode great if she was removed. Also NOT cute.
>>
>>15380080
I forgot Medicine was reaL
>>
>>
>>15380091
1.5 thousand years old getting by on nothing but cunning, Tewi's one of the few touhous that deserve their infamy.
>>
Nobody likes Yuuka.
>>
Watatsuki sisters
>>
File: sR5sSJN.png (124 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
sR5sSJN.png
124 KB, 500x400
Fishy
>>
>>15380260
Yuuka? more like yucka
>>
Jinyou has three (THREE!) threads!
THREE!
Wow!
>>
yukaari
>>
>>15380315
Does anyone even like the moon bitches besides a few fringe weirdos?
>>
>>15380485

this
>>
>>15380315
This one is correct.
>>
>>15380070
Probably the Watatsukis. Medicine is also one hated character but she's super cute so I forgive her horrible personality. Any other site or even 4chan board other than jaypee hates Tenshi but being a jerk is the point of her character. That or I'm biased because Tenko is my favorite 2hu.
>>
Honestly if it was purely based on design the moonbitches are alright. Only reason to like them is to not have read their source material and just thinking they're cute.
>>
In canon, it's Satori.

Almost everyone in Gensoukyou hates her, Only animals don't. Her sister doesn't have concrete emotions.
>>
In canon, Seija after IS and GR (who induces it on purpose because of what she is) and Satori. Everyone fears and reviles Satori for what she is other than her pets, and Seija not only caused everyone to break spellcard rules in an attempt to capture her, but also does not have a single ally or friend anymore. But thats just the way she likes it.

For fans, no idea. Most people have wildly different tastes and the worst you usually get is people forgetting certain 2hus exist
>>
unpopular touhous dont mean they are hated
I'd say most from 15 is disliked, because of how much Zun ''changed''.
Or, PC98. It's hard to decide wether the characters are hated or just forgotten.
>>
File: 1458318334320.jpg (84 KB, 572x595) Image search: [Google]
1458318334320.jpg
84 KB, 572x595
STRONK!
>>
>>15381895
Dumb Cirnoposter.
>>
>>15381881
The LoLK touhous get lots of love.
>>
>>15381881
LoLK touhous are neither hated nor forgotten, bruh. They get a plenty of love. Just look at Hecatia or Junko, no need to even mention Clownpiece.
PC-98 touhous are forgotten though, one hundred percent. Maybe aside from Shinki and Alice, because where else are those mom doujinshi and 4koma gonna come from.
>>
File: 57346371_p0.png (1 MB, 2024x2866) Image search: [Google]
57346371_p0.png
1 MB, 2024x2866
In-universe, it's Satori. This is stated.

As a character hated by the fans, likely to be Reimu, due to everyone knowing her and a lot of people being displeased with her actions or deeming her poor, abrasive and discriminatory.
>>
The raccoon.
>>
>>15380315
>>15380511
>>15380731
Please. What, are you envious that the Lunarians are strictly superior to Earthlings?
>>
File: 55342943_p2.jpg (294 KB, 962x806) Image search: [Google]
55342943_p2.jpg
294 KB, 962x806
>>15380080
>Also NOT cute.

I hope you die screaming.
>>
Mizue no Uranoshimako, that one dude who got spirited away into the Dragon God's palace

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/THWiki_Popularity_Poll

There you have it, folks.
>>
>>15382245
Looks like the lowest of the "actually appearing in Windows games and not generic fodder" 2hus is the Prismrivers.
With Watatsuki Toyohime being below even them.
>>
>>15382219
Well hey, having a neurotoxic fart is not a nice thing.
>>
>>15382285
How the fuck are Watatsuki sisters hated so badly, anyway?
>>
>>15382450
They don't exactly give you many reasons to like them.
>>
>>15382450
Fans are butthurt that people on the moon didn't perfectly adjust to an obscure game played for a few years in backwater Gensokyo.
>>
>>15382450
>People who expected SSiB to have the plot of a shonen manga
>People who think Yukari is omnipotent, and that SSiB is an attack on her character by not letting her win (even though Yukari DID win, just not by beating people up)
>People who never read CiLR
>People who don't know what kegare is and think the Watatsukis made it up as a reason to hate people
>People who haven't played the games and don't realise the joke behind SSiB's plot (it's a Touhou game with Yorihime as the player character, told from the perspective of the final boss and EX boss).

It's particularly weird because in canon the Watatsukis are the only characters from the moon who DON'T act like assholes (even Reisen was an asshole until recently). But for some reason when Sagume tries to kill everyone on Earth, no one even cares.
>>
>>15382569
>People who can only like a protagonist if they're "the most powerful"

It gets really funny when they complain about the Watatsukis then start wanking the Dragon God... who is their father.
>>
>>15382569
>But for some reason when Sagume tries to kill everyone on Earth, no one even cares.
Watatsuki shitter go home.

Sagume never intended to do more harm to Earth than necessary. It is both implied in the endings and directly stated by ZUN in the Strange Creators interview that had Lunarians intended to purify Earth, they could do it at a moment's notice with nobody the wiser.

What Sagume did was:
1) Relocate the Capital into the dream world first, freezing the real one to prevent further damage.
2) Sent rabbits down to Gensokyo in order to catch Eirin's attention (and through her the human heroines'). Eirin was in on the plan as soon as she noticed, as stated in Reimu's endings.
3) Told the rabbits they were looking for a spot for a summer estate, NOT that they were conducting an armed invasion.
4) When she meets the heroines she engages them in a mock battle to test their ability. The match is broken off (with the heroines' victory) before any harm is done to either side (Sagume is the only boss that doesn't receive clothing damage).

In other words, leave Sagume alone, Watatsuki shitter.
>>
>>15382205
Whores.
>>
>>15382450
I don't like them because they were really bland despite how much attention they got. It's been awhile since I read SSiB, but I can't recall much about them besides Katana-Hime can invoke the gods or some shit. Also, Lunarians act annoyingly superior for arbitrary reasons.
>>
Wait, hated inside the universe or hated by fans?
>>
>>15382205
And yet they got beat up by an old man wearing a strange white suit
>>
>>15383315
Can't win against dicks.
>>
>>15380260
That's right, I love her.
>>
>>15380260
>Elly and Kurumi were the only people that could stand being near her
>Neither of them exist anymore
>>
>>15382431

>heh
"heh"
heh
>>
>>15383315
Actually three men
Two on the moon and the one that stayed with the ship
>>
>>15382569
I agree, but,
>it's a Touhou game with Yorihime as the player character
That's a bit of a stretch.

>People who think Yukari is omnipotent
I took it as implied that Toyohime 'beating' Yukari so easily was just part of Yukari's plan, so that defeat is hardly an attack on her character regardless. Who would have won in a 'real fight' is pure speculation.
>>
>>15384189
>That's a bit of a stretch.
She fights exactly seven invaders. The first three are irrelevant nobodies (to the point where she has the rabbits defeat them for her), the sixth enemy is the mastermind behind the incident, and the seventh is some random strong person who got dragged along. Throughout the fights Yorihime is on the defensive, letting her enemies declare spell cards and then neutralising them with bombs. And then she invites Reimu over for tea afterwards.

Yeah, there's a significant chunk of story before Yorihime shows up, but significant characters always have long backstories in their bios. The only difference here is that we get to see them take place.
>>
>>15383333
This man speaks truth!
>>
>>15384326
Not him but yes it's a bit of a stretch.

Just because there happened to be 7 seven invaders makes it a little far fetched to say that it's "her view as the player character".
And you're not counting the stages, usual mid bosses and faeries you also fight as a player character.
>>
>>15382569
Don't you have some mochi to be pounding, Inaba?
>>
>>15384326
Wouldn't McArthur be the strongest since he defeated Amaterasu
>>
>>15384483
Who?
>>
>>15384523
I think he means this guy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_MacArthur
>>
>>15384534
That pussy couldn't even defeat Truman.
>>
>>15384534
MacArthur a shit.
>>
>>15384534
Whatever.
>>
>>15382205
Lunarians are highly allergic to .308 Win.
>>
Seija
>>
your favorite
>>
>>15384668
That just means Truman is even stronger
>>
>>15383984
So it's a sniper team and a communications officer

Nice
>>
>>15382053
zun actually is so full of shit.

what the hell is up with the whole concept behind "satori being hated", thats some of the worst nip bullying shit i have ever seen in anime.

so satori reads thoughts, and somehow literally everyone in 2hu hates her for it. so basically everyone in 2hu is a crooked fucking nip rat straight from ww2 propaganda posters. and you can notice this as a recurrent theme, if you actually read zun's script in the games. and then there's shit with characters casually calling okuu and cirno "retards", like that's not fucking cute, neither is this funny. then there's shit about mokou, youmu, alice and reimu.
>>
>>15382053
How can anyone hate Reimu when she has no concrete personality?
She seems to change regularly. Friendly with youkai, then genocidal, then apathetic, etc.

>>15386835
Satori isnt hated for mind reading. Shes hated for her rude, butchy personality.

>>15382569
Reisen wasnt an asshole at all.
>>
>>15386873
>>15386873
>Shes hated for her rude, butchy personality.
citation needed]

or are you gonna tell me a story about satori the top dyke of the palace of the subterranean lesbians?
>>
>>15386920
I meant bitchy.
>>
>>15386929
you're just pulling that out of your ass, anon. satorin wasn't bitchy at all is sa. she just goes "let's fight" *smirks* [maiden third eye starts] and that is all. and also there's a description that everyone hates her, because she reads minds.
>>
>>15386951
She's a bitch because of her mind reading. If you actually played SA you would see she was insanely rude, cutting people off and giving them no chance to speak.
>>
>>15386951
It isn't just the mind reading per se (which is a perfect reason to resent someone anyway), it's the fact that she cuts you off and completes your sentences
I still love her because that's exactly what I do
>>
>>15387046
>>15387066
>she cuts you off and completes your sentences
and how is this bitchy exactly? yea, she reads mind. what is rude about that? being bitchy is complaining a lot, if anything satorin is anti-bitchy.

and besides, every fucking 2hu in these shit games ever has dialogue which really comes to "ok let's fight". they can be all considered rude. i don't see how satorin's dialogue is any different from every other.
>>
>>15387091
Satori breaches the one bastion of sanctity that everyone holds; their own mind. It's only natural that people would be fearful and dislike someone that gets into their head. After all, Koishi literally self-harmed to escape the persecution she received from her powers.
>>
>>15387091
It's not bitchy, just extremely rude
>>
>>15387091
You're too autistic to see how rude cutting other people off is mid-sentence.
>>
File: 45260272_p0.png (2 MB, 1440x1217) Image search: [Google]
45260272_p0.png
2 MB, 1440x1217
>>15387103
>Satori breaches the one bastion of sanctity that everyone holds; their own mind
what?
>>15387104
it's not fucking different from any other 2hu what are you autists even going on about? other 2hus go plain "fuck you", how is satori trying to help being rude? i remember that she was saying something along the lines of "you want to go ask my pet about the spirits, but you already decided to fight me so LET'S DANCE!" reimu's fucking rude for attacking a girl who gives her directions.
>>15387116
i understand how it can be considered rude, but other 2hus just tell you to go fuck yourself. context.
>>
>>15387233
Other Touhous don't invade your thoughts and act cocky about it.
>>
>>15387233
>>15387091
>>15386951
>>15386920
Proremiriat detected.
>>
File: satorin.jpg (24 KB, 152x200) Image search: [Google]
satorin.jpg
24 KB, 152x200
All of you are forgetting that not only is Satori's ability to read your mind, her speciality is expressly stated to be the ability to bring out your worst traumas. Get on her bad side, meet her on a wrong day, or just hang around her while she's feeling like acting youkai-like (which many youkai of Gensokyo pride themselves on), and she's going to drag out your worst memories and beat you over the head with them for no reason but that's what satori do.
>>
File: 50920829_p0.png (1 MB, 1000x1244) Image search: [Google]
50920829_p0.png
1 MB, 1000x1244
>>15387279
realistically speaking i don't think a junior school loli with unkempt hair, cute dress and slippers could possibly drag out anything out of any of us here other than lust and sexual fantasies involving her. and once you know that she's reading your lewd thoughts this will be like a trigger for chain-reaction, anon. i don't see how satorin could possibly harm anyone or anything(except her hymen) by fucking around people, especially men, especially greasy jaypee neckbeards.
>>
>>15387345
>a junior school loli with unkempt hair, cute dress and slippers
Satori is a youkai. A monster. External appearances matter very little. In Satori's case, they may even serve to lure in her prey - inasmuch as being tormented by her mentally makes you her prey.
>>
File: 47154097_p0.png (3 MB, 1500x2408) Image search: [Google]
47154097_p0.png
3 MB, 1500x2408
>>15387379
you can only mentally torment someone as much when he has a raging fucking erection. you know, the whole deal with blood vessels and limited amount of blood inside the body.
>>
>>15387379

Cool headcanon. Want me to proofread your fanfic?
>>
File: dick man.jpg (135 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
dick man.jpg
135 KB, 1200x1200
>>15390696
Merely by the reading of the man's post, have you not already proofread the works of admirer's fiction created? Even if it is but only in a fragment?
>>
Moonbitches

Medicine in PoFV
>>
Chang'e may not be the most widely hated but she's certainly the most intensely hated.
>>
File: e3bf5f4b7110b7b3e0b84fc91d1b239d.jpg (317 KB, 1682x1000) Image search: [Google]
e3bf5f4b7110b7b3e0b84fc91d1b239d.jpg
317 KB, 1682x1000
>>15380392
>Fishy
Kagerou loves fishy
>>
File: 1462845222639.jpg (419 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
1462845222639.jpg
419 KB, 714x1000
Lunarians, the lot of them who live on the moon.

Finally got what's coming to them, conquered and turned into refugees by a US flag.

So much for that empire and being strong, eh?
>>
The moonbitches actually have one thing going for them. According to SSiB and CLiR they are heavily hinted to be more loyal to Eirin than the Lunar Capital, and judging by the defection rate of the rank-and-file they are likely closet traitors.
>>
>>15391075
What about their husbands?
>>
>>15390872
Is SEiGA the absolute cuntiest 2hu yet still one of the hottest?
>>
>>15391173
>cuntiest
How?
>>
>>15391075
>According to SSiB and CLiR they are heavily hinted to be more loyal to Eirin than the Lunar Capital
What's funny is that Eirin doesn't really care about them as much as they do about her. She does look out for them, but it's more out of duty than anything else. To Eirin, everyone other than Kaguya is just a tool to ensure her survival.
>>
>>15390696
Satori being a youkai is canon.
>>
>>15391113
Pretty Freudian.
>>
>>15386835
Satori is hated because she's annoying as fuck.

1) She doesn't need to read minds. You can tell this because in one ending of SA it's stated she deliberately looked into Okuu's mind and found nothing about nuclear power because Okuu's a moron. She listens intentionally because that is what satori do.

2) Satori, the species, read your mind and speak what you're thinking before you say it. They are mythically fucking annoying and on some level dangerous because they'll reveal anything just because that's what they do.

3) You can see this behavior in SA. She keeps reading you and speaking what you're thinking. She even speaks nonsense when one of the heroines deliberately thinks of nonsense without batting an eye. It's annoying as fuck. She also tries to read the youkai with you, but can't and is a little annoyed by it (because they're not actually there, she can't read).

Satori knows she is annoying as fuck so she willingly was sealed in the Underworld and willingly banished again to the Palace of Earth Spirits. Even vengeful spirits and other youkai hate her. She is that annoying, at least she has the courtesy to put herself out of the way.

Koishi presumably closed her third eye so as to never be tempted to read, because her nature as a satori is to be an annoying piece of shit.
>>
>>15386873
>Reisen wasnt an asshole at all.
She is. I don't clearly remember if this can be seen in IN or PoFV but she thinks of herself more highly than Earthlings...at least for a while.

She doesn't want to associate with them and dresses herself up in a human disguise for medicine selling just so she doesn't have to bother standing out all that much. She thinks Earthlings are dumb and weak and inferior...at first.

Very recently her views have shifted. She's not haughty anymore.
>>
>>15393452
>Very recently her views have shifted.
Or rather, if we are to take her official profiles as the truth, she merely learned how to fit in better. This isn't knowledge she would have acquired either while still on the Moon or confined to Eientei.
>>
>>15393478
I don't think so. That's a quality of moon rabbits, the lack of personality/tendency to adapt thing. Moon rabbits are weird. Earth rabbits are also weird but not the same.

Reisen became an Earth rabbit and was corrupted. In doing so she became more of her own person with her own views and ideas. Her shittalking of Lunarians in LoLK and later FS show that off well. Whereas before she thought herself superior, as all the moon to Earth, she;s come to her own conclusion that moonbitchs are bitches, generally speaking, and she don't like 'em.

She couldn't really have come up with that opinion via human villagers or Eirin, who barely actually tells Reisen anything, that's her own view after becoming an Earth rabbit and evaluating her past experiences.

So yeah, she chillaxed because she lost her pure purity.
>>
>>15393507
>Reisen lost her purity
SSSSSSSLUT
>>
File: SSiB_Reisen.gif (433 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
SSiB_Reisen.gif
433 KB, 320x180
>>15393507
>Her shittalking of Lunarians in LoLK and later FS show that off well. Whereas before she thought herself superior, as all the moon to Earth, she;s come to her own conclusion that moonbitchs are bitches, generally speaking, and she don't like 'em.
This is mostly correct, but none of the moon rabbits like the Lunarians. They just work for them because they're forced to.

Whereas in LoLK, Reisen seems to actually *care* about Eirin and helping her goals. This freaks Doremy out, and she warns Reisen that her old home will seem strange and frightening to her now that she's become so earthy. Something about how Earthlings need to form bonds with others to survive, and rabbits on the moon don't.
>>
>>15393452
>She doesn't want to associate with them and dresses herself up in a human disguise for medicine selling just so she doesn't have to bother standing out all that much.
That has nothing to do with Lunarians. It's to do with the villagers seeing Reisen as a rabbit youkai, and not wanting a youkai in the village (at least not a blatantly obvious one).
>>
>>15381467

I love this artist's artstyle, sadly he pretty much only draws Flandre and Koishi(and Maribel and Renko sometimes)
>>
>>15393636
Reisen still has some issues with being seen as a youkai even when it's established that humans in the village don't mind youkai rabbits. Maybe it's autism.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-13+at+07.25.10).jpg (307 KB, 975x571) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-13+at+07.25.10).jpg
307 KB, 975x571
>>15393617
Rabbits of both kinds form a psychic connection with their own kind of rabbits, which is how they get up to their mochi pounding business and stuff. The rabbits of the moon all follow dumb routines and operate only under orders...I suppose that's because that's just what they do. They also "follow" Chang'e even though she's imprisoned. They seem like they're compelled or need to have orders given to them, though you are right, Ringo and Seiran don't have the kindest words for Lunarians either.

Anyway that connection to the moon is lost for Reisen after LoLK/becoming an Earth rabbit, which I think is the most important indication that she's a "different" being now (Earth rabbit). I forget which of the two endings it is, but one of her LoLK endings has her looking up at the sky and realizing she'll never have that connection again (though it's not said how she feels about that). I believe she used to use the connection to keep tabs on Lunar activities.

>>15393636
Nope, you are incorrect. Pic related, the villagers know about the youkai rabbits and don't care. They get medicine, after all, and youkai rabbits are the total whatevers of the youkai world, less harmful than fairies.

I think it's also said SOMEWHERE outright that she wears a disguise because SHE wants to wear one. In PMiSS, it's said she'll leave ASAP when her business with the village is done. She doesn't like humans (at the time of writing). She's a lot more open to humans later, though still a little standoffish. She still wears most of her disguise.
>>
>>15383315
Holy fucking shit this picture
>>
>>15393636
>>15393662
>and not wanting a youkai in the village
>Nope, you are incorrect. Pic related, the villagers know about the youkai rabbits and don't care
You're both partially correct. As of recent FS, Reisen wears her disguise explicitly because she doesn't want people to know she's a youkai rabbit. It is also correct that most of the villagers don't seem to mind, but as implied several times (e.g. 35), many villagers don't seem to be aware that Reisen is a youkai either. Recently it seems her ears are quite visible, but it might just be a visual indication for the reader now that her disguise is established, and not anything particularly meaningful.

PMiSS is a pretty old reference to use for this discussion, as Reisen has been developed quite a bit since then.
>>
File: img000013.jpg (732 KB, 996x1441) Image search: [Google]
img000013.jpg
732 KB, 996x1441
>>15394165
>explicitly because she doesn't want people to know she's a youkai rabbit
That would draw more attention to her, if they were aware, even if they don't care about it. It falls in line with her desire to not connect that much to humans/earthlings. That said...

I don't think the design change was JUST to show who she is. She's changed. She's
>no longer wearing dark lipstick
>has her hair down instead of tied up
>has her ears visible
>smiles genuinely

Her old appearance was much different.
>>
>>15394191
>Her old appearance was much different
I agree, but when it comes to the manga, extrapolating facts from the illustrations is always the riskiest source, as illustration details are generally the least supervised. We know that "who and what" shows up is written already, but it's always difficult to say whether certain details are given on purpose or are just a result of the artist (esp. with Harukawa being godlike).

My point was that it doesn't have to be meaningful, and promoting one lower-level source to a higher level isn't a good idea in general. A character's actions are much more reliable, which is why Reisen still hiding herself is seen as more compelling even though it "looks like" she's more open than a few chapters ago.
>>
>>15394340
If it was something very small and NOT after a significant change in her character I'd agree that you shouldn't pay it much time, but it's too clear and notable of a change.

She's also objectively more open having accepted her Earthliness.
>>
>>15394357
>much time
much...mind, of course
>>
Orange
>>
File: 0021.jpg (642 KB, 993x1441) Image search: [Google]
0021.jpg
642 KB, 993x1441
>>15394357
>If it was something very small and NOT after a significant change in her character
But she hadn't significantly changed her character since then. Chapter 21 was a bit over a year before 34, and by all indications she had already gone through that development period between Soku and FS 21 (which was five years), and the only moon-related thing in Soku was calling a generic opponent an earth creature anyways.

Also,
>I don't think the design change was JUST to show who she is
This wasn't exactly what I meant either. I'm not saying there are small changes in 34 to show the reader that it's Reisen and not some other merchant, but rather that the point of her design in 21 was that you didn't know it was Reisen. If there were any indication of it being Reisen (as you can now see in 34), obviously anyone would know who it was. Since that's no longer necessary, her design is a bit more clear while still "disguised".

All four of the traits you listed were parts of that disguise to the reader. Upon rereading, her lipstick was only visible in the disguised segments, and later in the chapter you don't see it. Her long hair is characteristic of her and would give her away. Her smile isn't something that would give her away, but it was still only set up that way to seem suspicious, especially with the visible lipstick.

Really the only vaguely weird part about any of this is that her ears are visible in 34's disguise despite wanting to avoid being discovered, and that isn't a big deal.
>>
>>15394606
>Was just trying to go about her own business
>Even tried to pass herself off as human to avoid conflict
>Begged for her life afterwards
I can't help but feel sorry for her.
>>
>>15395031
Bah, I'll just disagree with you, since at this point I think we'll go in circles.

Knowing ZUN approves of the manga's designs and WHEN the chapter came out "roughly right after LoLK, it's even explicitly referenced") I don't see why the changes wouldn't be significant.
>>
File: img000005.jpg (618 KB, 998x1440) Image search: [Google]
img000005.jpg
618 KB, 998x1440
>>15395031
actually I'll say one last thing

Even if Reisen wasn't recognized by the reader, Marisa knows who she is

The design changes are unnecessary if we're going from that perspective. We see her wrapped up earlier and the page you've posted only goes further to show that, since AFTER we know who she is she goes into her full disguise again. This basically means, regardless of the reader, Reisen SHOULD always want to remove identifiers of her person, but a long time later she's not doing that anymore (at least not very well, especially with her ears flopping about, which are dead giveaway). Assuming it's just to say "oh we don't need to hide who she is since we already went through the mysterious character phase" doesn't make sense if we think about that, especially because we have Marisa there.. Marisa explicitly notes who she is and calls out. Whether she was in a more intense disguise or not, mysterious or not, Marisa would be there to eliminate any mystery. The reader didn't have to know who the seller was, nor did the story need her to be no longer mysterious simply since we've been through that.

Heck we see her how she is in her first FS appearance and she's outright intimidating compared to the later. Ignoring that because "it's jst art choices" seems waaayy too dismissive, especially in something as atmospheric and subtle as Forbidden Scrollery.
>>
>>15395493
>Heck we see her how she is in her first FS appearance and she's outright intimidating compared to the later. Ignoring that because "it's jst art choices" seems waaayy too dismissive, especially in something as atmospheric and subtle as Forbidden Scrollery.
But I was arguing precisely that she was drawn intimidating and mysterious in order to create tension. That's the opposite of ignoring it. Once she's discovered, that style is lost in the same chapter because the tension is broken. Of course she goes back to her full disguise since she's going back to work (i.e. the ears and hair), but there's no need for the same dramatic style (i.e. hidden eyes, mouth details, hand details) because the drama is over.

Again, it's really just the ears. Would you agree that, from my perspective, just the difference of having her ears shown underneath her hat is not good evidence that there's been a big change in her character since 21? Because to me your rationale is pretty flimsy by being based on things that I can easily attribute elsewhere. It's fine if you disagree.
>>
>>15395783
It isn't just the ears though. You're straight up ignoring everything else and dismissing it.
>>
>>15386835
Japanese civilization greatly value putting up facades: Smiling even when you're sad, and stuff like this, concealing your actual emotions for the sake of politeness. The satori species specifically crushes this aspect of Japanese society.

Not only they read right through any facade, but they feel compelled to point that out.
>>
Actually. How do we know that Zun supervises manga? I mean yeah he writes them but that's it.
>>
>>15395956
Like I said, the other differences you notice are easily attributed to being necessary to hide her identity from the reader and induce suspicion, which weren't necessary immediately after the reveal, and as such aren't even present anywhere later in the chapter, besides to keep her disguise consistent within the chapter. She has her hair down in 34 but now that we know it's Reisen there's no artistic reason to keep her from wearing it down. Bluh. Well, whatever.

I still don't know why you wouldn't conclude her main development occurred during the time up to 21 rather than at LoLK, when the events of LoLK already start with her going "I'm an earth rabbit now and I'm protecting Gensokyo".
>>
>>15399938
interviews and twitter

Some people are aware of some particularly fine details about the process by analyzing these things. What he'll tell the artist to include, what details are pressed, what gets ignored, how often and when during production they meet, etc.
>>
>>15399950
>I still don't know why you wouldn't conclude her main development occurred during the time up to 21 rather than at LoLK, when the events of LoLK already start with her going "I'm an earth rabbit now and I'm protecting Gensokyo".
Actually, if you're talking about this:
>Anyway that connection to the moon is lost for Reisen after LoLK/becoming an Earth rabbit, which I think is the most important indication that she's a "different" being now (Earth rabbit). I forget which of the two endings it is, but one of her LoLK endings has her looking up at the sky and realizing she'll never have that connection again (though it's not said how she feels about that). I believe she used to use the connection to keep tabs on Lunar activities.
Referring to this line:
>And along with this, she realized she no longer will be able to communicate with the Lunarians as before.
All that line means is that she feels as though she can't speak as openly due to the new information she's learned. Eirin shared critical private info about Chang'e and Junko's attacks on the Capital to Reisen, and they don't want that information publicly disseminated, so she has to watch herself. She didn't literally lose her ability to communicate with other rabbits. Considering the original text, it might be worth a rewording.
>>
>>15380485
Can confirm
I fucking hate yukari
>>
>>15380070
Males.

>>15382569
WHO ARE YOU QUOTING?!
>>
>>15393411
I want to make Satori say lewd things!
>>
>>15382569
so, reimu was a ex-boss again?
>>
>>15382569
>it's a Touhou game with Yorihime as the player character, told from the perspective of the final boss and EX boss
I'm sure ZUN would be very surprised with this interpretation of SSiB plot. You might as well say that any plot where someone defeat someone else is Touhou game plot.

Also the reason why people hate moonbitches is the same reason why people hate elves in high fantasy settings. Because moonbitches and elves think they are better than humans. Basically it's their arrogance.
And Sagume didn't have that shitty attitude. Simple as that.
>>
>>15402461
Where was such an attitude shown?
>>
File: 1464832539438.png (916 KB, 1000x1050) Image search: [Google]
1464832539438.png
916 KB, 1000x1050
>>15399958
>interviews and twitter
>>
>>15404585
Fuck off and stay in /pol/.
>>
>>15402461
>I'm sure ZUN would be very surprised with this interpretation of SSiB plot.
While the specifics of "final boss and EX boss" and "perspective" aren't really anywhere, there are a few dialog mentions that note that it's set up as a role-reversal of a usual Touhou game plot (particularly in CH15 and 17), even if you ignore that everything about the scenario suggests it. The only real thing missing is Yorihime going out to confront instead of the vampire party invading. They even have a feast afterwards.

>>15404585
The question was asked and answered. I could grab a few sources that talk about his editorial meetings, but ultimately this kind of knowledge is from putting together many pieces of information from various sources, and if you're too uninformed to know the very basics about ZUN's process, you probably don't actually care to begin with.
>>
>>15404591
What exactly is /pol/ about that post?
>>
>>15404689
Not him, but
>I could grab a few sources that talk about his editorial meetings
If you could, then why don't you?
>but ultimately this kind of knowledge is from putting together many pieces of information from various sources, and if you're too uninformed to know the very basics about ZUN's process, you probably don't actually care to begin with.
AKA you don't actually have a source for your claims.
>>
File: 28131212.jpg (398 KB, 714x902) Image search: [Google]
28131212.jpg
398 KB, 714x902
>>15391205
m'lore
>>
>>15405467
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Category:Interviews_and_Statements

Gee fucking golly that was hard. Fuck off.
>>
>>15406083
You can do better than that.
>>
>>15406109
Nice link, shitter. Here's my link that proves you wrong: http://google.com

All we know about ZUN's involvement in manga comes from 2 sources only:
1) that SSiB story about rabbit's weapons and moonbitches design. And it basically meants that during SSiB ZUN's supervision was extremely low. Also
2) that small WaHH (opr was it FS? I don't even remember) bonus where artist explains in 4 panels how she works with ZUN. Absolutely nothing ebout editorial meetings and other stuff

So just lurk moar and then come back.
>>
>>15406364
>4 panels how she works with ZUN
A FACE OF SMUG KINDNESS?!
>>
>>15406382
Yes, that one.

To be honest with modern level of internet communication, skype and shitton of other messengers it should be easy for ZUN to supervise the artist. But we still don't know much about the actual process.
>>
>>15406364
>Get linked fucking sources
>UHH UHH DOESN'T COUNT
Fuck off.
>>
>>15406508
It counts, but I linked sources that make your sources invalid. And I even posted actual explanation.
Also here's another link for you: http://hownew.ru.
>>
>>15405467
Wow dude. I'm sorry I don't want to put in the effort to dig up a bunch of crap from stalking ZUN's twitter and whatever, just to appease somebody that starts off by asking a simple question and responds by posting an image macro and being confrontational for seemingly no reason. That's all this is. I don't think you're being sincere about this and so I really don't care. I don't know why you'd be so dismissive of this kind of frankly mundane claim to begin with.

Yes, a few of the more obvious things were those mentioned above, and yet those were from bonuses that already don't tell us a whole lot. It isn't like he documents these things very transparently or consistently, so it shouldn't be that hard to believe it's mostly fragmented info that's hard to find.
>>
>>15409173
>you're
Oops, didn't see the "not him". This is my response regardless though.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.