[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhythm Games Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1435543000467.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435543000467.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
previous thread
>>15259045
>>
Who the fuck cares about DJMAX anymore
>>
>>15315963

You're right, I should've made it reflec beat
>>
I couldn't unlock any of the newest songs in Copula's Mystery Line yesterday. Maybe I have to clear the other two requisite plays until the location changes for the new songs to approach but with it being a holiday weekend here, the queue for playing was five persons deep.

I'm sad. I wanted to see if I could clear Something Wonderful A14 on a machine.

Maybe next week.
>>
where the lewds at?
>>
I'm tired of all my things being destroyed by my inextinguishable IIDX rage.

I'm not even good enough to justify being angry.
>>
>>15316205
git gud
>>
>>15316205
It's taken me a long time to not be angry at playing IIDX poorly.

What has helped is having a very long work week and keeping my own records. I don't feel the pressure of better players on me after every play and seeing how poorly my scores stack up against better people. I keep my own scores for home play and feel satisfaction with progress.

With both of these factors, I shrug off poor plays now. "Oh, gee, I just did 10% EX worse than my best play? Damn, that sucks. Oh well. Next."
>>
>>15316205

What's funny is that I'm the opposite in that I used to be able to get upset when i played online multiplayer games and stuff but playing a game like IIDX just fuels an inner self-loathing and i don't have any outbursts

I mean other than the occasional 78% gauge
>>
Some guy on sows made this:

https://my.mixtape.moe/vrmxbn.7z

it's a modified build of osu

>new things:
>scoring isn't based on combo. it takes points away for misses and slider breaks (sometimes).
>hp doesn't drain by itself
>od10 timing is forced everywhere, and you can get 100/50s on sliders
>you can bind M1 and M2 to keyboard keys (but you still can't press K1/K2 and M1/M2 at once)

if you log in with this shit and get banned you're retarded
>>
>>15316428

>other than the occasional 78% gauge

That honestly doesn't bother me that much.

What sends me into a blazing fury is glancing over mid song and seeing my DP bar being like 100 points less than My Best.

Literally not even as good as me from a week ago. I'm getting worse at the game.
>>
File: pumpit.jpg (38 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
pumpit.jpg
38 KB, 1024x1024
i cant do these

my feet get mixed up
>>
File: don.png (64 KB, 167x289) Image search: [Google]
don.png
64 KB, 167x289
>>
>>15316770
For the right pattern, turn so that your right foot is behind you so you can step on the first arrow, then use your left foot while still facing sideways for the second one, then use your right foot for the center, and then left foot and right foot for the last two.

The left pattern is just a crossover. Left foot, right foot, then left foot if you're facing to your right. Or right, left, right in the same motion if you're facing to the left.
>>
any taiko asc tutorials around?
>>
>>15317801
I think in the last thread someone linked a guide for turning the Wii controller into not a complete piece of shit
>>
Anyone wanna help a total retard here? Been trying to run pop'n music lapistoria in jap but it always has a network error. If i run it in korean its fine, but the korean version only has normal songs. I'm on windows 10 if that helps
>>
>>15317967
>>>/sows/
>>
Are there no rhythm games for arm strength? My legs are ripped from DDR, but my arms don't match. I tried doing pushups, but there aren't any colorful notes to hit or score trackers.
>>
>>15318021
The closest would be Taiko, but that's not really strength as much as stamina.
>>
IIDX scrublord shitter here, I'm starting to get into 11s. What are some entry level 11s I should work on? I've already beaten a few (Rock Da House, Xepher, Raison d'etre, G2, Giudecca, Kecak, Arabian Night Rave) but I'm not quite sure what I should be focusing on.
>>
>>15318108
believe in me
miracle meets
gold rush
red zone
most of the pendual 11s
sasoribi
>>
The Bassdrop Freaks video looks a lot more lewd than it is when you can only see it from the corner of your eye.

I thought that shit was a DFC loli in a micro bikini. Turns out it's significantly less arousing.
>>
>>15318021

If you're whoring the bar, you should be getting decently strength in your forearms at least.
>>
>>15317992
all i wanted to know was what strings i need to edit....dont want to get out my way to go to some secret club
>>
>>15318021
pop'n probably requires the most consistent arm movement.

>>15318170
There is an IRC channel you can ask questions in. /jp/ is not pirated game tech support.
>>
>>15318195
didn't know that. kinda blind here.... thanks for the help
>>
>>15318126
But it is a DFC loli in a bikini.
>>
>>15318209

She's got some tit going on there.

Also, she's wearing a skirt so that sort of takes away some more skin exposure.

Still cute though.
>>
File: taiko_small.jpg (9 KB, 246x216) Image search: [Google]
taiko_small.jpg
9 KB, 246x216
>>15317874
why not just buy the wii controller that isn't a piece of shit to begin with?
>>
r8 my iidx playlist senpai

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_grvSbDeaRunH2Mtz0d95KHHbx7dug3a&jct=TB3B3XcGTdD_AtSX901KhkuqD6Qanw
>>
>>15316770
How have you been entering the full mode code?
>>
>>15313746
Build your own or fall into dao's hands, not emptying your wallet for dao's grace means you're not ready yet.
>>
>>15318862

>Remo-Con
>DJ Setup
>Tomosuke
>Sampling masters
>S!ck

Pretty dank/10.

DJ Setup is my favorite Bemani alias behind only Outphase.
>>
>>15316770
stand looking to the left side of the pads, with your left foot on down left and the right one on up left.
>>
Am I spreading myself too thin by playing 4 Bemani games at once?

I feel like playing IIDX, SDVX, Pop'n, and DM all at once is stunting my growth in all of them. Especially considering the different timing windows in all of them and how they affect your accuracy going between them.

Breaking into 11s on IIDX, 14s on SDVX, 40s on Pop'n and 5s on DM (just started). So basically mediocre at all of them.
>>
>>15319610
If you have a networked arcade near you it's pretty useful for unlocks.

Also the timing windows may be different but the playstyles are different enough that I don't think you'll have a problem disassociating game timing from one another.
>>
>>15318314
maybe it has something to do with the fact that its fucking $500 burger notes
>>
>>15319610
It doesn't matter as long as you're having fun senpai. Also you're in the upper tiers of all of them, so you're getting good even if you're playing 4 of them at a time.
>>
>>15319610
Fun is more important than autistic levels of gud. Don't worry about it, anon.
>>
>doesn't git gud fast enough
>get burned out from listening to the same songs over and over again
bemani is suffering
>>
>>15319610
Either have set days for each one, or have fun playing them all like you should.
>>
>>15319696

Not to mention more and more the same songs are converging on all the games meaning basically every game will just be the same soundtrack in the future.

I'm fine with all the touhou and vocaloid shit on voltex but it's spreading everywhere.
>>
>>15319819
Touhou music fits in rhythm games, because the whole mentality of play is really similar to playing touhou, and it's good music.
A lot of players play both.
>>
>>15319838
I like both, but SDVX could certainly do with less 2hu
>>
Why can't I find a bms for the lr2 menu theme?
Are you telling me there's no bms for the lr2 menu theme?
>>
>>15319838
I wish it had the original 2hu songs. THOSE are good music
>>
>>15320088
Some stepmania/itg packs have them.
It wouldn't translate well to IIDX though.
Actually, it's pretty much sampled, isn't it?
Why don't they have bms'?
>>
>>15318021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg0lOsh1jp4
>>
>>15319631
i paid $360 for mine on amazon
they're expensive though, yeah
>>
>every attempt at a song is worse than the last

this is how school shooters are born
>>
File: large.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
dae have DDR for ps3? I fucking hate this piece of shit game and yet I still play it because it's the closest thing to arcade ddr I have.

Is there a way to use my PS3 dance pad with my PC?
>>
>>15319610
None of those levels you're playing is mediocre.

Don't believe the majority of players are like those gods on youtube videos that AAA 12s. At this point you're already better than 97% of the entire planet.
>>
>>15320088
This. What the fuck were they thinking with that Scarlet Moon remix?
>>
I was about to bitch and moan about impossible chords on Pop'n, but then I realized I accidentally put it on random.

I like that, random has no constraints based on "feasibility". Makes it a whole new game.
>>
>>15320580
14s on SDVX is fairly mediocre, 40s on pop'n is debatable.
It's ridiculous to use 'entire planet' as a metric for somewhat niche games, by that logic someone playing 3s is better than 95% of others purely by notion of them not playing.
>>
File: 1464702508460.jpg (51 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1464702508460.jpg
51 KB, 640x640
how do i blink?

when im dealing with dense patterns my eyes dont blink then they get dry and teary. if i consciouly tell my eyes to blink then i miss notes. what do
>>
>>15321028

Wear goggles. People will know you ain't fuckin' around when you step up to the tables with goofy looking goggles on your face.
>>
>>15321028
Play Angelic Mix heavy nobar until you can spin like a pro
You can now blink whenever you want in any rhythm game
>>
>>15320088
this, half the remixes are shit compared to the originals and the other half are some sped up x-core version or some meme arrange
>>
>>15321028
Blink faster. Conscious blinks takes much, much longer than unconscious blinks.

You're not aiming to completely close your eyes, just flick your eyelids downwards a bit.
>>
So how is VOEZ
>>
>>15321330
The fuck is a meme arrange
>>
>>15322002
>gossun gossun gossun gossun
>bad apple
>cirno's math class
>>
>>15322008
Just because a song is a meme doesn't make it a good song.
Bad apple and cirno's math class are really good sdvx charts.
>>
>>15322058
I never said they were bad charts/songs, I'm just describing what type of arranges are in the game. It's either in there because it's a meme or it's (typically) some garbage remix.
>>
>>15322058
I meant 'bad song'
That said, the Marisa stole the precious thing chart is trash
>>
>SUNKiSSDROP ~jun side~ was removed in DanceDanceRevolution X2

Why
>>
>>15322458
This whole "removing songs" shit is incredibly dumb.
>>
>>15322476
Make space for newer songs yo.

Also sometimes the licenses run out.
>>
>>15322595
Makes space is not an acceptable reason unless each machine has literally 100 gigs of hard drive space

Licenses running out makes sense though.
>>
>Never really bother with all this White number Green number horseshit
>"Who the fuck would ever want to see less of the screen?"
>Just lazily dial GN in to ~310-320 and play the song
>Actually start fiddling with them
>Set WN to ~200 and GN to 330
>Start to feel really comfortable with the speed and density of the notes
>Accuracy dramatically improves

What in the fuck sorcery is this?

I also noticed it's far easier to score on slower Hi-Speeds with the trade off of being harder to read. So basically the opposite of conventional rhythm game logic.
>>
>>15322825
>I also noticed it's far easier to score on slower Hi-Speeds with the trade off of being harder to read. So basically the opposite of conventional rhythm game logic.

That makes perfect sense though. If it were faster then it'd be way easier to time cause you have an easier time seeing how far the note is from the line.
>>
>>15322825
you just got to find the sweet spot.
>>
>>15320644
its too bad djmax portable's random is complete shit because you run into patterns which are physically impossible to play (i.e. holding left and right on the dpad at the same time)
>>
>>15323177

That's the only impossible combination though. If they let you assign buttons this could easily be fixed. Such a serious oversight with such easy solution. djmax devs aren't that competent.
>>
>>15323177
At least you can reassign buttons on most versions. It's still impossible to random 8B songs, but if you set L and R to the outer lanes, you can random any 6B song.

That the devs don't have some code that automatically changes any of those chords into playable ones is really stupid though.
>>
>>15323206
I don't think the solution is button remapping, I think the solution is auto rerolling randoms if the resulting chart has a left-right combination.
>>
>>15323250
Yeah that works too. But if X was also the third button along with > and you put Fever on down on the d-pad, you can have any combination of buttons.
>>
>>15322825
For me it's the opposite. I find dense parts of songs easier to read with sudden on ~250-300, but find timing harder at a lower speed. I normally set my green number to 270-280 for a song I'm familiar with, and 300 for a song I don't know.
>>
>gamo2 us storehouse
>still no dao FPS available
i-i'll just stick with my uskoc for the next year or so
>>
>>15322825
IIDX defies all conventional logic.

It's unergonomic and sometimes you have to make things harder to read to do better.
>>
>>15321028

this happens to me but i wear contacts so every few songs or so my contacts literally fall out and i have to go to the bathroom and put them back in, it's awful

at the arcade i just think about blinking a lot
>>
>Beat hard song weeks ago

>Can't do it again even when you're clearly more skilled

I hate flukes.
>>
Do you burn a lot of calories playing IIDX?
>>
>>15323919
no
>>
>>15323919
Go for DDR.

Even when I was fit that shit nearly gave me a heart attack.
>>
>>15323919

Don't know about IIDX but I get hot and sweaty as fuck playing Pop'n.
>>
>>15318862
>rave it rave it
>>
I just cleared 9th dan on Happy Sky CS, but I can't clear it on Empress CS.

Can someone give me some info on how the CS dan levels stack up against the arcade ones?
>>
>>15322458
I'm more confused about why the DDR version of Gold Rush got replaced with the Beatmania version.
>>
>>15318862
>not completely filled with denpa
>>
>>15325187
To be fair that wouldn't be a very long playlist as of current
>>
>>15325071
just going by a quick look at the songs between empress and copula
acid pumper >>>> quasar
pendulums > rage
cookie bouquets <= b4u, probably depends on the person
sampling >> moon child

i'd say copula's is definitely harder
>>
>>15325261
cookie bouquets is miles harder than b4u imo, but agreed with the rest
>>
>>15325340
It's the B4U (BEMANI FOR YOU MIX) version, not the level 10 original.
>>
>>15325261

I know fuck all about all this Dan shit.

I honestly figured all the songs were always the same in every iteration. I mean, Safari is always the last song in 7th Dan, right? I just figured that applied to every song on every course.

What's even the point if there's no common point of reference? You can say "I'm 8th Dan", but that means fuck all because now you have to add on which mix you passed 8th Dan.

Oh well.
>>
>>15325487
cause no one cares about anything but the most recent version
>>
>>15325071
STATISTIK says this:
Empress CS:
11.4 - quasar
11.5 - 天空脳番長危機十六連打
11.9 - B4U (BEMANI FOR YOU REMIX)
12.3 - moon_child

and
Copula AC:
11.6 - Acid Pumper
11.5 - Chrono Diver -PENDULUMs-
11.7 - Cookie Bouquets
12.3 - The Sampling Paradise
>>
>>15318021
Drummania.
>>
>>15318021
maimai
>>
so how do I into DTXmania?

what's the cheapest drum/controller thing I can get my hands on?

where do I acquire simfiles?
>>
help I can't do anything past 46 on pop'n

it's been like this for a couple months. am I just destined to suck?
>>
File: learningcurves.png (19 KB, 1236x684) Image search: [Google]
learningcurves.png
19 KB, 1236x684
Does this look about right?
>>
>>15326966
Label your axes if you want it to make sense
>>
File: 1464782028220.png (47 KB, 1236x684) Image search: [Google]
1464782028220.png
47 KB, 1236x684
>>15326966
>>
>>15326966
>>15327008
>>15327121
No, really, please label your axes, it doesn't make any sense
>>
>>15327779
>>15327008

It's really not hard to imagine it's simply absolute beginner to highest level of play possible from left to right.
>>
>>15326966
>>15327884
That makes no sense at all. Are you saying x is skill and y is time?

Your picture is just a bunch of curved lines, no one is going to understand it unless you label it correctly
>>
File: file.png (26 KB, 1392x860) Image search: [Google]
file.png
26 KB, 1392x860
>>15326966
This makes no sense without axes.

The best I can make out of it is probably this.
>>
>>15328087

Holy shit, it doesn't require any labeling.

It's simply the learning curve to achieve the highest level of play determined by difficulty relative to each other. IIDX being the hardest game sets the upper bound of difficulty at highest level each other game falls within.

Also, these lines are individually independent of time. The IIDX line can represent a decade while the SDVX line can represent a year.
>>
I figured this would be the best place to post this

Currently have a Groove Coaster 2:Heavenly Festival cabinet.it's version 2.05 so it's outdated as fuck

Is there anyway to buy a NESiCA router to connect this motherfucker from a secondhand dealer?

I've emailed the proper departments for SEGA and Taito.Called their headquarters in Tokyo and the motherfuckers won't get back to me.

I'm willing to buy the stupid thing (other forums report it at $1500) and I'm willing to subscribe at the rate of 33% charge per play if I can get a hold of a Link Fever upgrade kit.

But I just want to be able to update it to GC2's final patch and save high scores at minimum.

Anyone here able to help with that?
>>
>>15328362
That is the absolute worst way I've ever seen a difficulty curve described.
>>
>>15328362
I still have no idea what this graph is supposed to show
>>
>>15328468

And just how many difficulty curves graphing out several bemani games that has its own nuances have you heard described?

Fuck all of you, forget the whole thing.

Should have known better than to post something potentially amusing on the most autistic thread on the most autistic board on this autism support message board.
>>
>>15328362
>IIDX being the hardest game sets the upper bound of difficulty at highest level each other game falls within.
That became pretty debatable the moment you put a dance game onto the chart. DDR's top-tier stuff is physically demanding to the point where it's pretty easy to make a case for it being harder than IIDX.
>>
>>15328491
it would have helped if your graph made any sense to anyone but yourself
>>
>>15328491
to be fair anon,certain games are naturally easier than others for certain people.

GITADORA is a fucking cakewalk for me,but that's because I studied jazz drumming and can play a few different styles and have been playing for 12 years.Also having played in several bands throughout the years,stamina isn't an issue either. I can clear several Master charts no problem.S ranking shit like 10,000,000,000 or Model DD10 isn't terribly difficult,but you put me in front of a SDVX or IIDX cab and I struggle to play anything past a 10 at the moment.
>>
File: file.png (30 KB, 1458x840) Image search: [Google]
file.png
30 KB, 1458x840
>>15328491
It's not even potentially amusing because nobody can make sense out of it but your autistic self.

Here, it makes more sense with the graph flipped.
>>
>>15328569
Yeah, that graph seems about right.
>>
Finally got my first AA ever

And yes, it was on Mermaid Girl
>>
>>15330467
Congrats

My first was Fantasia but it was the level 8 chart
>>
File: 1464380599004.jpg (245 KB, 1366x1461) Image search: [Google]
1464380599004.jpg
245 KB, 1366x1461
>mfw opm0 is making osu playable
>>
>>15330559
Thanks friend. And we all gotta start somewhere. We can only go up from here.
>>
>>15330813

is that what this is >>15316459
>>
why does my nose run when I play hard songs
>>
>>15330856
yes
opm0 also apparently just added a way to change AR without editing the map, idk how to enable it though
>>
>>15330859

Accuracy juice leaving your brain when you hit those dense bursts.
>>
>>15330859
basically you blink less and secrete more tears. then the excess fluid in your eyes gets drained down into your nose.

>>15330467
your first AA is a 10? what dan are you
>>
Starting to get back into 11s since I switch to AC data.

Oddly enough though, the 11s I passed on LR2 and the 11s I'm passing now have 0 coincidence.

IIDX is one goofy game.
>>
>>15331379
8th dan and to be fair it only took me this long because rarely play anything below 10 nowadays. Only 10s and 11s so I could probably have gotten an AA much earlier. Maybe with the Eurobeat Mermaid Girl.

I have really bad accuracy so I can barely get an A on 11s. It's mostly B with them.
>>
>>15321595
Fun, thank you.
Someone described it as "what Museca should've been" and I'm pretty sure I agree
>>
Anyone buy Sanwas (or anything, really) from Rakuten? How much was thew shipping? They don't tell you until after you place the order.
>>
I used to play osu!mania a lot in 2013/2014. But I noticed I always get physically tired every time I play really fast, as if my chicken arms can't keep up. What do?
>>
>>15334000
get gud
>>
>>15334008
Yeah, okay, le epic win insightful copy/paste meme. I don't play anymore, never did it competitively, I just wondered if anyone else had the same problem and could answer while attempting to not look like a complete retard.
>>
>>15333721
1500 for a set of 7 2dicks buttons
>>
So this weekend, I heard there was a big amateur anime convention organized by some engineering school. The guys have been doing it for, like, 20 years, and I thought it would be better than those bigger professional conventions full of overpriced japanese goods. Well, I was wrong, it was overpriced as fuck.

Anyway, I decided to go, and after feeling salty after paying the entrance, I heard there was a "DDR room" inside the convention. I then went to the said room, only to find 2 Impact pads and Stepmania projected on the wall with DDR2014 skin. Disappointed at first, I recovered quickly and thought "well, whatever", and decided that I may as well enjoy myself and play a bit.

I go toward the second player pad, which is near the door, and that's when the guys who were keeping watch on the room stand up from their chair and go toward me at full speed. I didn't quite understand at first, because there were other people entering the room and they also wanted to try dancing, probably, but the first guy goes onto the first dance pad, while the second guy makes stop signs with his hands while approaching me, as if he didn't want me to step on the pad because it was dangerous.

The guy looks daggers at me and say: "err... we're going to play now". Politely, I tell him ok with a smile and ask whether I could play after that. He says "yeah, yeah", but I see that his lunatic face is already focusing on his duel with the other guy. I sit on a chair and wait for my turn, while the intrigued passerbys who wanted to play also look at them.

The guys are okay, they clear 15/16 but fail at 17+. But they don't show any sign of stopping, and soon, the passerbys whisper among themselves. One girl goes straight behind the same guy who spoke to me, less than a meter behind the pad, in hope of being able to play as the guys just finish a song and stepmania goes back to the select menu. The guy notices her presence and gives her a scornful silent look before starting to select another song again.

I had enough and went to see other parts of the event, but I went back later to check back on the room. The same two guys were playing while people were waiting on the few chairs spectators had to sit on. One guy entered the room and he was also wearing the staff t-shirt. He put some talc on the ground and then spread it on his shoes. He went on dueling the two guys one after another and wrecked them on level 18 songs. That's only then that the two guys sat down again, exhausted, and that people were able to play "DDR", a few hours before the closing of the event.

Epitanime sucks and is overpriced
>>
>>15334035
really though just play more, you need to build up endurance doing this the same way you need to with any other activity that involves repeatedly moving a muscle.
>>
>>15334197

I have considered going to an anime convention in the past because of ddr rooms and stuff like this, and i've seen some really cool ones before. But when i think of all the fucking cringeworthy autists and faggots you have to be around it puts me off
>>
>>15334325
The coolest dudes (and usually the ones who are better at the game anyway) are the ones who don't care as much
>>
>>15334172

So like 95 dollars for 7 motherfucking buttons?

Brutal. Maybe I should have bought when the yen was weaker.
>>
File: stepmaniachansons.jpg (59 KB, 650x463) Image search: [Google]
stepmaniachansons.jpg
59 KB, 650x463
>>15334197
I've played stepmania for ages and I know like 0 terminology. When you say 15/16/17 etc do you mean these numbers in grey next to the names?
>>
>>15334659
Unofficial Stepmania charts don't have difficulties that match up well with actual DDR charts. For instance, there are simfiles with expert charts rated 11, but were you to play the simfile with your feet instead of your fingers, the chart would probably go above a 19.

>>15334197 is talking about DDR step ratings. From DDR X onwards, DDR songs have been rated on a difficulty scale of 1-20.
>>
File: 1464669344962.jpg (19 KB, 351x359) Image search: [Google]
1464669344962.jpg
19 KB, 351x359
>>15334714
Yeah I thought that. I'm just really at a loss when it comes to judging my own skill level.

That's a random screenshot I got off google. I just downloaded stepmania for my new pc, and for example one of the default songs is Springtime by Kommisar. That says its a '12' on expert in the bottom left corner. Does that mean >>15334197 this person is playing like suuuper high difficulty?
>>
>>15334197
>going to local comic convention this weekend
>head into the game room to see what there is
>a couple of guys have k-shoot with a turbocharger setup
Completely caught me off-guard.
>>
File: DMNITRO-0.jpg (266 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
DMNITRO-0.jpg
266 KB, 1200x750
>>15326554

Here's the actual emulator you want, https://en.osdn.jp/dl/dtxmaniaxg-verk/DTXManiaXG%28verK%29%20skin%20Ver3_51%2820160216%29.7z

And here are some files, I guess. Who even knows, https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6t77lz17wacvl/GDAmania#a1dzfetqrwhko

Cheapest drum kit you can buy is the Alesis Nitro (pic related) at 299.99. I use the Behringer XD8 cause I like how it looks and it's easy to configure to be exactly like DrummaniaXG/Gitadora. That one looks like you can set it up the same, though.

Now quit shitposting and go get that roadkill pickin' up job, faggot
>>
>>15334035
Try having a different set up. Were you using mouse? There are several ways to hold a mouse, and quite a few of them tire your arm out more than necessary. For instance, when I use my mouse to normally browse the internet and do normal stuff, I let my wrist and forearm stay on the table. But when I'm playing osu it helps a lot more to practice playing with your forearm lifted slightly, to where your elbow isnt completely on the table. Also, start slow. Like, really slow. Trying to start off playing fast songs before you can do 120-150 bpms will royally screw you.
>>
>>15335714
Fuck me I just realized you said osu!mania. So disregard all that, as I havent spent any amount of time in osu!mania.
>>
>>15316459
Fuck, that;s something I always thought was stupid about osu, the fact that you CANT miss time the first note of a slider. Idk why it bothered me so much, just thought for a competitive game, it should've been penalized.
>>
>>15335722
>osu
>competitive
Haha good one anon.
>>
Anyone know how to connect to programmed sun?
i keep getting the error 5-2002-0915
>>
>>15335987
I do!
>>
can you help me then?
>>
>>15335994
No one will help you. Not even if you're in the big Safe Place secret club. Everyone's scared of the boogeyman
>>
>>15336083

How dare you even mention that which shall not be said?

Do you want him to descend upon all of us and with it, too, his loathsome wrath?
>>
>>15335987

Connect with pcbid and card
ask on oinkers
>>
>>15335987
visit sows, you've almost certainly set your config wrong. Look at the data thread for whatever game you're running.
>>
>>15335987
If you did as the other anons said and you still have problems, check your router config and also run as admin.
>>
>>15334788
Difficult levels in dance games:
>DDR old scale: Goes from 1-10 (with a seldom-used "flashing 10" difficulty). 1-9 are the normal difficulties, while every "really hard" song gets lumped into 10
>ITG scale: The DDR scale, except 10s are decompressed into 10-13
>Stepmania scale: A more chaotic, less defined version of the ITG scale, because people love making songs that were never meant to be played on foot. If you're lucky, 1-13 will roughly follow ITG's scale and the keyboard-only songs will be the numbers above that. If you're unlucky, an 11 will be "Mash the keyboard"-tier.
>DDR new scale: Goes from 1-19 (and potentially 20), with 15 being the new "the really hard songs start here" number that was previously held by 10.
>current PIU scale: hard to equate to 4-button games, but pretty similar to DDR's new scale.

If they were doing 15/16s on foot, you can assume he's using the new DDR scale.
>>
>>15336262

There have been like 5 or 6 iterations of DDR since they revamped the system and there still isn't a 20 yet.

What are they even waiting for? An impossible to pass song to be made?
>>
>>15336452
Look at the current upper bound for 19s: Valkyrie Dimension. A 20 would have to be at least harder than that. Considering that the very best players struggle to even AA it, is there even a point for a 20 right now?
>>
>>15336552

I'm still angry nothing I passed was ever harder than a 16.

I mean PSMO is a 16 while little ol' Max 300 is a 15. Absolutely rough.

Although I did move onto ITG, I'm sure Summer Speedy mix or Vertex^2 would be a 17 or 18.
>>
>>15336740
I always thought PSMO should've been a 17 considering its harder than most other 17s

Hell its harder than Trigger and that shits an 18, though that should be re-rated too in my opinion.
>>
>>15336452
I half-expect Valkyrie Dimension to get re-rated to 20 in the mix after some newer song takes the title of "first 20". That shit is ridiculous compared to every other 19.
>>
>>15334410
With dao you'll be paying 95 dollars plus shipping, Rakuten is your best option.
>>
>>15335987
Thank you for playing.
>>
>>15336785
What does that mean?
>>
>>15336262
That rating of the 'stepmania scale' isn't necessarily true. A lot of pad charts go well above 13, and rightfully so.
There's a bunch of charts in
>>
File: 4e.jpg (22 KB, 338x328) Image search: [Google]
4e.jpg
22 KB, 338x328
>>15336262
Thank u for the info dude. I think I'd like to try my luck some day with a DDR room. I feel like I'm at a better level on foot vs. the keyboard

On stepmania I got used to using the 4 small individual arrow keys (with one hand) and I'm finding it super hard to switch to using two separate hands. I'm pretty much at a standstill for the difficulties I can play since one hand can only do so much. Is this a common problem?
>>
>>15337883
Just play askl before bed for about an hour a night, you'll get it in a week tops
It's frustrating, but only for a little while
It helps if you play not hard songs that you haven't played before to transition with first
>>
>>15337781
They appreciate you enjoying their game
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozcX2bXtNYQ
>first in Japan on every song in double
>does interviews
>got gf thanks to DDR
Can I become like him if I do the same training?
>>
>>15337896
For some reason I cant find a way to change my arrow keys to ASKL or anything other than the arrow keys?
>>
>>15338029
Should be in the options somewhere
Are you using a different theme or something?
>>
>>15338013
No, because he is charismatic, attractive and Japanese
>>
>>15338013
probably not as the time where rhythm games were at all cool in the west was like 10 years ago
>>
>>15338013

How are there people in Japan that can still be awestruck by DDR?

DDR hasn't been news for almost 20 years.
>>
So every time I buy a game from Play-asia, they don't put the shipping cost on the receipt for some reason (I don't ask them to do that).. I'm not sure if that's normal or they sympathize with me because of my country's high tax on imports and try to help me a little.

Question is, for anyone who got some controllers from Dao, can you tell me if they do the same? Maybe I should email their customer service and ask.

There's a BIG difference from being taxed from a 229 dollars purchase and an almost 500 dollars one.

There's also the fact that I always pay for registered SAL but with Gamo2 EMS is the only option and that may be different. I just want my FP7 already.
>>
>>15339404
I ordered to yurop, dao marked 40€ as the price of the controller and marked the full shipping costs which were 80€, so I had to pay only about 20€ VAT.
>>
>>15328552
How do I get good at drumming
>>
>>15339469
you hit the drum membrane with a stick
sometimes you hit a metal saucer
>>
>>15339432
>Full shipping price
>Lower price for the controller

Weird, but still something I guess.
>>
>>15339181
It's easy to forget when you're so used to seeing it, but high-level DDR is impressive as fuck. Meanwhile, games like IIDX have to compete with every other reflex-based arcade game in Japan.
>>
>>15339914
Isn't IIDX objectively the toughest music game played by your hands to get good though?
>>
>>15339946

It is but for me high level pop'n is the most entertaining thing to watch
>>
>>15328552
I only learned the basics of drumming a long time ago, but managed to go right into Drummania, the first time i played (DM V8) i managed to jump right to 30-37s with no issues on my second song.
>>
>>15339946
yeah but it's more impressive to see someone stomp arrows fast with their feet than someone tapping keys fast with their fingers and occasionally moving a turntable a couple of mm
>>
>>15340270

I get that the general movement of drumming can help but it still should have taken at least several hours to acclimate to the color-pad associations.

Although I guess it would be way easier to go from Drumming to 6 piece DM to 9 piece DM.

Just starting out on XG is fucking my shit. I still get completely blown out when a song that uses the left pedal comes along.
>>
>>15339946
I think Gitadorais inherently the hardest rhythm game, but its charts don't get as ridiculous as Pop'n or IIDX's top tier.

Disregarding IIDX doubles, that is.
>>
how the fuck do you do double scales
>>
>>15341033
Give up :V
>>
>>15341033
Do one scale with each hand
>>
File: `.jpg (169 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
`.jpg
169 KB, 1280x720
>>15341144
i couldn't
>>
>>15341033
you star at the combo counter and hope you completely forget what you're doing while your fingers move unconsciously.
>>
>>15341208

How do you make it to 12s and still get tripped up by patterns?

Double staircase especially, that one's been around since hard 9s.

No offense, though. I'll never attempt a 12 thinking I'm capable of clearing it.
>>
Why I only found Pump it Up machines but no DDR machines?
>>
>>15342711
One company never stopped giving a shit about America. Prime is a great mix anyway.
>>
>>15341633
no double scales in any 9s or 10s can compare to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj9MlUIGVB0&t=2m29s
>>
>>15343420
For some reason I expected this to be the DPA video.
>>
i know you guys hate osu! but I made it to the triangles in image material and was really happy with my progress and had to blog somewhere cheers
>>
>>15343506
>triangles in image material
what the fuck are you ranting about
>>
>>15343506
ur a triangle
>>
>>15342711
One company actually likes having players outside of asia, the other one doesn't/
>>
>>15340942
>>15339946
Wouldn't keyboardmania technically be the hardest?
>>
>>15343506

it's click the circles not click the triangles you fucking idiot
>>
>>15344399

Keyboardmania isn't actually all that hard.

It had the potential to be hard as fuck but there were only ever like 30 songs total for all 3 mixes. Difficulty scale from 1 to 6, with 6 being actually hard as fuck. Only ever passed one. There are like 3 or 4 6s total.

Everything else I easily S'd (or SS'd, I forget the grading system by now) within a month.

It would be gloriously hard if doubles weren't so stupid. Having to look at scrolling notes on two screens at once is almost impossible. It should have one widescreen monitor.
>>
>>15344647
>tfw no perditus paradisus for keyboardmania
>>
Can you get multiple plays per credit on these machines or just one? I always just get game over in Project Diva
>>
>>15345527
You die in the game you die in real life. That's why Bemani is hardcore
>>
>Highest end of Hyper gets too hard
>Everything on EX is like 44+

This 40 chasm is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>15345562
That's why Spada is the most hardcore rhythm game.
>>
GLAssist has updated and is now different from when the reddit guide was written.
Is setting up custom folders for the separate tables and such important?
>>
>>15334035
well you want your fingers the same way as in piano, curved such that you could be holding onto a ball. that help prevent rsi and that kind of stuff so i assume it should also be less tiring. other than that don't stop when your arms get tired, it's the only way to make them stronger.
>>
File: 193558696861411430.jpg (618 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
193558696861411430.jpg
618 KB, 1280x960
tfw my second attempt at 7th dan, totally didnt expect to make it (the first attempt was like a month ago)

but damn that felt pretty good
>>
>>15348514

What determines if you pass or fail a dan course?
>>
I'm creating a template for an Omega GX dance pad, and I've run into a terrible problem.

I can't find any high resolution pictures of kanji. In particular, hidari, migi, ue and shita

Can any of you help me?
>>
Saitama2000 - good
HayaSaitama2000 - fine
Kechadon2000 - great
Koibumi2000 - great
Yokuderu2000 - fine
Taberuna2000 - ok
KitaSaitama200 - great
KitaSaitama2000 - garbage shitty spam train song made for autistic gorillas and elementary kids on amphetamines thanks for snapping my combo in half every time and making me wonder why I even play this shitty """"game""""
Soroban2000 - good
Dendiku2000 - nice
EkiBEN2000 - ok
X-DAY2000 - yeah
Hataraku2000 - ????????????
Kidaruma2000 - no comment

thanks for subscribing
>>
>>15348562
you can just create a large image and copy the kanji you want
>>
>>15348537
you pass if you can make it through all 4 songs without the gauge dropping to 0%
>>
>>15348746

At any point or just the end of the song?
>>
>>15348757
Any point.
>>
>>15348768

That's be rough if the groove gauge was no regen. I'm thinking I could probably BS my way through 7th dan now that I know this.
>>
>>15348827
It's not no regen, though. It's a slightly more lenient version of HARD.
>>
>>15348827

fyi the dan course gauge regen is somewhat similar to EASY option
>>
>>15348832
>>15348834

How do I even into dans? I don't see any sort of option for it in Pendual.

Is it an arcade only type of deal or is there some super secret button combination I need to input?
>>
>>15348868
1. start game
2. class mode instead of standard or premium free or whatever the fuck
3. select a dan/kyu
4. ???
5. fail
>>
>>15348868
It's named Class mode.

If the option for choosing mode isn't appearing, you may have to turn event mode/free play off in the config or something like that.

Do you actually play just 3 songs and it's game over and you have to start all over again? You can play with infinite Premium Time, never needing to reset if you're not in event mode.
>>
>>15348881

>Do you actually play just 3 songs and it's game over and you have to start all over again?

Y-yeah. Although I get 4 songs.

I tried what you said and I don't think I did it right. I turned off event mode and selected Free but now I only get 2 songs.

Do I have to turn off freeplay too? I'm afraid my PCBID will get fucked.
>>
>>15349240

God damn anon
Get the Pendual unlocker and get that premium free timer freeze and song select timer freeze
>>
>>15344399
Keyboardmania has the most buttons, but Gitadora has a lot of inconveniences that aren't immediately obvious:
>you play with sticks instead of fingers, so you only have one input per hand to hit 7 different buttons with
>the large spacing between pads means it takes a lot more effort to switch from one note to the other
>two pedals means you sometimes have to have all four of your limbs tapping at different rhythms
Gitadora is fucking ridiculous when you really think about it. There's a reason that Gitadora's top charts haven't escalated to the same extreme that the other 15 year old Bemani games have.
>>
>>15349240
lrn2hexedit

assuming you're on sows, literally read the thread for pendual and enable the hex edits for whatever you want - CS song delay, premium free, premium free timer freeze, unlock all songs, change "network on" to LED ticker text, etc.

Or get the unlocker, which does this automatically.

Also get Omnimix if you want/can afford the ratio. Combined, all of this basically turns it into a CS setup.

Keep free play on, not sure about event but I think you keep that on as well.
>>
>>15348648
what about the rest

or do you count everything past shimedore non canon
>>
Does simple BMS player still exist? I can only find a dead link.

I had it on my old PC and really miss it.
>>
>>15349317

>CS song delay

What does this do? Change the time it takes for the song preview to start?
>>
>>15349554
Holding down Start enables you to change hi-speed forever without the song starting on you before you're ready.
>>
>>15349559

Oh shit, that's convenient.
>>
feel when you can do 13s and a song you like has a 10 adv and 15 exh
>>
>>15349789
are you me
>>
>>15349789

This shit's gotta stop. There should be a limit to the difference is ratings between difficulties. On IIDX, it shouldn't be more than 3. I think I saw a 6 once.
>>
>>15349864
i can also do 11s and easy 12s, and monopole is an 8 hyper and mid 12 another
>>
>>15349864
who cares, seriously
all songs have easy and hard charts, get over it
>>
>>15349864
Pollinosis 6 hyper, hard 11 another.
>>
>>15350741
This song is bullshit anyway, my keyboard won't register enough presses for those crazy chords.
>>
>>15350762
use a PS/2 keyboard
>>
>>15350492

The problem is not being able to play a song you really like because it's either too hard or too easy.
>>
>>15351130
we just need to get gud

all the songs I want to play are 15's in SDVX

in IIDX it's not so bad.
>>
>>15351130

It's the same in IIDX because even though there are smaller differences in the actual numbers I'd assume the feeling >>15349789 is talking about is the same as a 9 hyper and 11 another when you're at the middle in 10s
>>
>>15349864
cheer train dph 6 dpa retarded 12
>>
Wasn't there a site with the 2dix osu(yeah, I know)mania charts? Been wanting to play some 7/8k with a friend.
>>
>>15351805

I feel like its less of a problem with 2dx. Im breaking into 10s but i still play 7s or 8s but when i do i focus on accuracy and still have a lot of fun doing that
>>
>>15351916
There's BMS converts. I'm pretty sure komnai dmca'd all the osu charts.

And by the time you're playing osumania, why the fuck aren't you playing BMS instead?
>>
>>15352125
By BMS I assume you mean LR2? From what I've heard it's kind of a mess, so I wanted something that's easier to set up before getting really into it.
>>
>>15352207
If you disable BGA and song previews it doesn't crash anymore.

It's not tooooo hard to setup just googly "lr2 setup guide" and there's a leddit post with a detailed guide on it. There's also HD skins from ripped AC data so you can actually pretend you're playing IIDX.
>>
>>15352207
>>15352211
It doesn't really feel like IIDX though. It's a simulator alright.

I started with IIDX then went to LR2 for a brief while, then went back to IIDX and played the shit out of it to get at a decent level.

Then I played LR2 the other day and was getting worse scores than I was at the beginning even if I'm objectively a better player now. It's not really the same thing. If you want to play IIDX, you play IIDX.
>>
File: cute anime pic 0001.png (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0001.png
25 KB, 300x300
when the HECK is lapistoria getting card support??
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.