[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /jp/, maybe you guys can answer my question. What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault (4).jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (4).jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Hey /jp/, maybe you guys can answer my question.
What's the piece of cloth/paper you see attached to fans in Japanese movies/anime?
What's their purpose?
>>
>>15293507
So you can see if the fan is on.
>>
>>15293507
>What's the piece of cloth/paper you see attached to fans in Japanese movies/anime?
Its an ancient japanese talisman called a ぺーぱー that appeases the wind gods and gives them グっどブロ
>>
>>15293638
>paper
>good blow
Nice one anon
>>
>>15293638
Are they really made out of paper?
>>
They probably put water on them or some shit
>>
Prevents fan death.
>>
>>15293507
>What's their purpose?
Looks cool
>>
>>15293937
Why haven't they passed on this secret to the Koreans??!
>>
>>15294755
Because they hate the koreans, of course.
>>
bump for curiosity
>>
>>15293507
a e s t h e t i c purposes
>>
to confound the gaijin
>>
>>15293507
My father used to have one like that during my childhood and he was far from having any japanese influence on his life. I do believe there's nothing beyond the comfy aesthetic and maybe the practical use of helping you remember to turn it off. It was a pretty silent fan and the one in your image looks like it is as well, considering it's pretty small.

Maybe it's a more common practice in Japan for coincidental reasons and it is kind of an anime cliche, but it's not like it's only done there and is hardly a difficult idea to have by yourself.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.