[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys read Japanese text on a computer? Any specific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 7p1o2qN.png (43 KB, 669x453) Image search: [Google]
7p1o2qN.png
43 KB, 669x453
How do you guys read Japanese text on a computer? Any specific settings you can change for readability?

Currently I find that to read kanji that are complicated I have to sit forward and really look close to my screen to make it out and I find it really ruins the flow of me trying to read anything.
>>
Pic sort of related, it's not the worst but I still find it hard to read during twitter convos with her.
>>
>>15237541
rikaikun on chrome
>>
what are you fucking blind you retard?
>>
>>15237669
I sit pretty far back from monitor and kanji is indistinguishable from a distance
>>
>>15237669
Not him, but the reply is easy enough to read. Boar's post is giving me issues.
>>
>>15237541
>copypaste tweet into google translate
>crosscheck translation and romanisation to make sense out of it
>give up and feel sad if too complicated and incomprehensible
I'm this pleb when it comes to Japanese. And with all the slang used on Twitter it's usually the last case. Feels bad.
>>
File: rikaichan.png (20 KB, 697x363) Image search: [Google]
rikaichan.png
20 KB, 697x363
>>15237609
It's good. I have it on firefox.
>>
ctrl +
ctrl -
ctrl scrollwheel
>>
Looks fine on Firefox, all the characters are readable and full-width. You're probably using shitty desktop Chrome to view text like that. If you don't want to change browser, just set Meiryo as the standard font.
>>
>>15237541
You're blind.

Increase font size.
>>
>>15237676
make the text bigger you idiot

hold ctrl and use the mousewheel
>>
>>15237609
>>15237693
Rikaisama is better.
>>
>>15237541
Are you for real? It doesn't get any more legible than that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.