[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /jp/ ready!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wk xVHyzivg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: Shin_Gojira_poster[1].jpg (138 KB, 849x1200) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Gojira_poster[1].jpg
138 KB, 849x1200
Is /jp/ ready!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WkxVHyzivg
>>
What's the deal with it getting a release outside Japan? Has anything been said?
>>
i've never been into toku stuff or kaijuu films, but i'll watch this because anno worked on it. i wish eva 4.0 would come out already and the franchise could be laid to rest.
>>
>>15226400
It's obviously going to get a release outside of Japan, dingus.
>>
Can't wait
>>
What's up with this page Jay?

http://shin-godzilla.jp/gvse/
>>
98 comes out it's alright but Toho hates it

create Gojira 99/2000 which is a return to form but still shit

later some legit good Godzilla movies come out Toho is back baby but Toho is declining

2014 give the US ONE more shot to not fuck this up the franchise is riding on it

US blows it out of park with Ken Watanabe and Brian Cranston and a Handsome done CG Gojira the movie however did suffer from not using Cranston and Watanabe enough, further more not showing the MONSTERS in a fucking Kaiju movie

2016 Japan tries to ride on US coatails after 14 success, shitty suits again, tiny T-rex styled arms with tiny beady eyes, fat a fuck tail for no reason, trailer focuses on the fucking actors and not the Kaiju himself, but of fucking nobodies even for Japan, at least US got Cranston who just finished up Breaking Bad and was at peak popularity

movie is going to be garbage Godzilla is finished fucking Toho should've just let us handle a sequel to 14 fuck they should just give up the licence all together it's 2016 why are you still putting people in Godzilla suits?
>>
>>15226400
They've said their "looking into it" and "excited" about releasing it in the west, but they haven't said any details.
>>
>>15229351
>US blows it out of park with Brian Cranston
What? Isn't he a TV series actor?
>>
>>15229351
>98 comes out it's alright

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>15226283
Yeah sure why not, can't be worse than the american version.
>>
>>15226283
Is that Beat Takeshi 30 seconds in?
>>
>>15227763
dvd release maybe. the quality isn't quite up to international theatric standards. maybe you'll see niche screenings like with some occasional animé movies
>>
>>15229351
Not showing the monster was the biggest problem. It works in shit like Blair Witch. NEVER in a Kaiju movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMDyWH_ZmE
>>
Godzilla/Kaiju was never good
I like the idea but its never been executed well, maybe movies is not the correct medium for it
>>
File: shin gojira.png (982 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shin gojira.png
982 KB, 1920x1080
>>15226283
I made this.
>>
>>15229351
2014 is literally Gamera: Guardian of the Universe without likable characters or good action scenes.
>>
>>15226283
Holy shit a new toho godzilla movie? Is this real life right now?
>>
>>15232772
I'll have to disagree, but I never though about what they would be like if they were some kind of serial / show. Could be interesting.
>>
>>15232772
No. Gojira is a flawed masterpiece.

But all Godzilla films are shit compared to the Gamera trilogy.
>>
>>15233034
Thanks Anon-kun, looks great
>>
What's with his googly eye
>>
>>15232772
VR will be the perfect medium
>>
>>15231616
But they did show monster.
>>15232772
I think the first Gojira and the Gamera trilogy did it best.
>>
Anno is going to make Japan face its self again in all its social destruction through the vessel of Godzilla and his phalic tale. Godzilla's tale is going to have a big meaning behind it. Believe it. I think Anno is going to focus extremely on Fukushima in this one. I think he's just going to say something along the lines of

"We're all dead. This country is dying from radiation. Stop ignoring Fukushima, its not going away."
>>
>>15226283
>not linking to the original video

>Resurgence
Why the fuck? Fucking muricans.
>>
>>15246508
>but I never though about what they would be like if they were some kind of serial / show.
Probably like the various Ultraman series. There was a godzilla cartoon, but I don't remember anything about it. (well there were at least 2, but I mean the old one, not the one based on the 98 or whatever movie.)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkcfB3z0_-0
>>
Why is anno working on this instead of eva 4?
What the fuck
>>
File: 002_size10.jpg (541 KB, 2093x1428) Image search: [Google]
002_size10.jpg
541 KB, 2093x1428
>>
>>15226283
oh my....
>>
>>15226283
I'm ready for Anno to finally kill himself after this flops, yes.
>>
I have been a Godzilla fan since I started watching them in the 80s, I am probably going to enjoy the hell out of this.

>>15229351
>98 comes out it's alright

I know this is said way too often, but its biggest problem was calling it Godzilla. It was a great remake of The Beast From 40,000 Fathoms, it was a terrible Godzilla movie.

>>15229351
>trailer focuses on the fucking actors and not the Kaiju himself

I have to ask how many Godzilla movies you've seen. There are a TON of them where he doesn't even show up until the third act, and the focus until then is on the humans.
>>
>>15263111
20,000*
>>
>>15263111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DRYnK6b9sc
>>
>>15263111
>Godzilla fan
>calls Gojira "Godzilla"

Kill yourself.
>>
File: fgt.jpg (156 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
fgt.jpg
156 KB, 1600x600
>>15263265

If you grew up in the 80's you still call him Godzilla.

They didn't use the slope names for things back then.

Dummy.
>>
>>15258919
because this is way better!!!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.