[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"What's this softshell deal? First of all, Nintend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: softshelcollection.jpg (38 KB, 417x370) Image search: [Google]
softshelcollection.jpg
38 KB, 417x370
"What's this softshell deal? First of all, Nintendo has this Daigasso! Band Brothers a.k.a. Jam with the Band franchise of handheld music games, the latest version being Daigasso! Band Brothers P for 3DS. They have robust support for users to make and upload their own playable songs to the server.

Now the franchise has quite a few mascot characters, and the mascot of their official online radio is a suppon, a softshell turtle.

Last December, ZUN had officially given Nintendo a license, allowing Band Brothers players to upload music based on all Team Shanghai Alice albums, i.e. the PC-98 Touhou OST, and ZUN's music collections. They followed it up with a Shanghai Alice Remix Contest for players, with ZUN as a special judge. The winners were announced in the previous broadcast ZUN attended; their compositions will be collected in a CD sold at Reitaisai, marking Nintendo's first ever appearance at Reitaisai.

For old-time fans, this contest is fascinating, because ZUN had only given praise to other people's Touhou arrangements publically at his website, back when he was an unknown amateur, and anyone who made Touhou arrangements were just fellow geeks, not worshipful fans. Since the Touhou fandom blew up, he had avoided commenting on fan works. If anyone ask him about fan music, he would normally respond with "my own composition is better". Yet the contest had him actually appraising these arrangements."

>https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19472.msg1252539.html#msg1252539
>>
>>15147524
Isn't SEGA's distro showed there just original songs but with their characters cosplaying as 2hus? Can that even be enough for Reitaisai?
>>
>>15147543
Hence the Nintendo related announcement is the more interesting part of it, think ZUN has been hinting at a Nintendo related collaboration for a while now.
>>
>>15147524
I am curious to see the reception of this project and it's effects.

Boy oh boy Mary and Renko are having a bumper year, with a new CD-album out already and now the cover of another with a fan anime on the way as well.
>>
ZUN's participation is notable, but it's not too different from what Konami has been doing.

Unless the absurd like Reimu appearing in Smash happens it's not likely to change the status quo much.

>>15147543
Close. Sega takes part in the Touhou Game Show part of Reitaisai, featuring major companies and their music games in which Touhou arrangements and sometimes characters appear, along with showing off Play Doujin stuff.

One of those games is Chunithm, which is what those characters (Irodorimidori) are from. They're still going to be showing off the game. But in addition the CD Sega is promoting is by those characters and features a Help Me, Eirin cover that also appears in Chunithm.
>>
>http://www.famitsu.com/news/201605/02105114.html

So 4 songs on the CD will be the winners.
What about the other 4?
Are they original songs?
My Japanese isn't good enough.
>>
>>15157809
Yeah, originals.
http://thelastcontinue.com/3ds/band-brothers-p-x-touhou-cd-released-reitaisai-13/
>>
>>15147524
I am surprised how well nintendo threats this. From their fame you would think they would have been an elephant about it but this is all pretty nice.
Still worries me a little bit how ZUN opens up to companies, he is still a guru of the doujin scene after all.
>>
>>15158798
Nintendo is always like this with their games in Japan.
Also, that ship sailed the moment Touhou doujin games went to Sony.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.