[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /jp/, I am trying to play touhou on Linux(Debian), but every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 1459665777650.png (623 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
1459665777650.png
623 KB, 1000x707
Hey /jp/, I am trying to play touhou on Linux(Debian), but every time the game loads, it's controls go haywire, as if all direction keys are pressed together. I am currently trying to work things out in Wine. Do you guys have any idea on how to fix the control bug?
>>
>>15130810
Install windows.
>>
>>15130919
I appreciate the advice, but I would like to play some of my games in Linux, as well.
>>
Try the archives. Last week or so there was a thread by an anon who made guides on how to linux VN/2hu.
>>
File: dia_shiki.png (110 KB, 420x288) Image search: [Google]
dia_shiki.png
110 KB, 420x288
>>15130810
Strange. I've got the same problem using my madcatz arcade, byt everything works fine on my x360 controller. On Ubuntu.
>>
File: 1335317293838.jpg (25 KB, 338x277) Image search: [Google]
1335317293838.jpg
25 KB, 338x277
>linux
>>
>>15130810
Install gentoo.
>>
VM?
>>
>>15131822
You're literally worthless if you think linux is inferior to Windows
>>
>>15131822
Who are you quoting?
I think you misclicked the board you wanted to go on, >>>/v/ is that way.
>>
Go to WineCFG and set it to emulate virtual desktop. The problem with Touhou games is that the controls go out of wack if you move your mouse out of the window. Otherwise I have had every one except HM and ULiL work perfectly.
>>
File: 1365298139063.jpg (78 KB, 622x700) Image search: [Google]
1365298139063.jpg
78 KB, 622x700
>>15131822
This, I can't believe that people use Linux when OpenBSD exists.
>>
This is probably of no help, but on Windows the same happens to me if I unfocus the game window during the first loading screen.
>>
>>15130930
I truly don't get why people want to stick with Linux when more than half the things they want to do require WINE. I tried it out when I was 17 cause my friend raved about it, saw it was shit, and went back to Windows ME. I took ME over a Linux system
>>
>>15133228
Because I don't want to deal with a bloated operating system like Windows. I can build every single part of the system from source, stripping out anything I don't like, while with Windows I have to deal with intentional security flaws and a collosal amount of features that are unused and only help to slow the system down. Touhou and VNs work fine through WINE, and I don't really care about video games otherwise.

tldr; fun things are fun
>>
Make sure none of your devices are being treated as joysticks. It's a common problem with certain brands of mice.
>>
File: 5582201519.gif (97 KB, 177x229) Image search: [Google]
5582201519.gif
97 KB, 177x229
>>15130810
We'll need some more info regarding your software stack (and possibly, your hardware).
In the meantime, if you're running an Input Method Framework (like fcitx or ibus), try disabling it to see whether it is the cause of the problem.
I've personally had a lot of issues with ibus, regarding that matter.
Also, for Wine, make sure you're on the devel branch. Check the website for distribution-specific instructions.
Here's the guide people were referring to:
http://fglt.nl/guides/visual-novels-on-gnu-linux.html
>>
>>15130919
Windows 10, to be precise.
>>
>>15135090
On the topic of visual novels in Linux, many that run on onscripter or ponscripter can run natively.
>>
Did you try to turn your computer off and on?
>>
>>15140480
>Windows 10
Thank you Pajeet. 10 bing points have been deposited in your microsoft account.
>>
If you're still here, I made a 2hu guide on Linux.

http://fglt.nl/guides/playing-zun-touhou-games-on-gnu-linux-with-wine.html
>>
>>15140661
Additionally, if you don't want to do all that:

winetricks dinput8
>>
>>15140661
Some of those libraries are failing to download/install through PlayOnLinux, it's best to just use set the wineprefix to the one created by POL and use winetricks.
>>
>>15140784
... That's definitely strange.

Which libraries, exactly?
>>
Use wine staging instead of wine
https://www.wine-staging.com/
>>
>>15135090
OP here, although I fixed the basic functionality of most 2hu games, I still can't get PoFV to work. I am currently trying to update wine. I have Debian with Gnome, 3.7 GB of RAM, Intel i3-3110M 2.4 GHz, and Intel Ivybridge Mobile(as GPU). If it is of any importance, it is a laptop.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.