[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
To me, 9 hours, 9 people, 9 doors is the greatest visual novel/puzzle game
to ever come out of Japan. I played it for the first time a
few years ago. It is one of the most intelligent and intriguing
games I have ever played. What do you guys think of it?
What is your favorite VN?
>>
I'd put it in my top 5 for sure. My favorite of all time would probably be Saya no Uta. I love these grimdark vns.
>>
eops pls go
>>
>>14953291
Wow, those really are low standards.
>>
>>14953291
Idk, I liked VLR more Phi was pretty cute
More puzzles, more story, some characters felt useless like Quark, Clover and Alice, but I like the rest a lot.
>>
I liked it a lot, but I think VLR handled the morphic resonance stuff much better.
I'm looking forward to Zero Time Dilemma but I'm slightly worried by the publisher making them move away from the VN format because they want the Telltale audience. It's the third game in an extremely plot focused series, clearly all the fans who are going to buy it are fine with the VN format if they sat through 2 games of it.
>>
I just read an LP of 999, but thoroughly enjoyed it. If I could be bothered to figure out a 3ds emulator I'd definitely play VLR.
>>
How many hours do I have to read before I unlock the lewd scenes?
>>
File: 1395465676841.jpg (39 KB, 450x336) Image search: [Google]
1395465676841.jpg
39 KB, 450x336
>>14953685

However long it takes for Lotus to appear, every scene with her is a lewd scene. Just look at that cleavage.
>>
>>14953291
I love this game
>>
>>14953323
OP here. Saya no Uta is easily in my top three.
That game is also legendary.
>>
It's nice, but I think it's harder to enjoy if you've already played Ever17 beforehand.
>>
>>14953466
>>14953404
I dropped virtues last reward within a couple of hours. Not out of boredom I just forgot about my 3ds. I clearly made a massive mistake
>>
>>14953522
>a 3ds emulator
Unfortunately, there are none that are functional as of now.
>>
>>14953404

I like both, however I like 999 more
My reason being VLR does a lot to actively water down the horror aspects - the watch death is done by an injection instead of explosives, there's little to no blood or gore, and the cartoon rabbit's sole purpose is to make things more light hearted (and is basically just the ZE version of monokuma but an AI)

ZTD's looking really good though
>>
>>14957931

>Kotaro Uchikoshi, Director: When we were developing Virtue’s Last Reward, we asked people in Japan who didn’t buy 999 why they didn’t buy it. Most of the answers we got was because it looks scary. One of the decisions made by the higher ups was for the next one make sure to tone it down. I made it more mellow and lessened the tension. That’s why in the first game you explode, but in the second game there was the needle. I didn’t have a choice, but to tone it down.
It's sad that one of the major reasons people prefer 999 over VLR was caused entirely by meddling higher ups.
>>
>>14957970

On the bright side, for ZTD Uchi's decided to fuck the higher ups and focus on the western market which preferred the darker tone of 999
>>
>>14957970
The thing that hooked me on the game was the first ending I got was the one where clover kills everyone with an axe
>>
>>14959025

I didn't even know the game had multiple endings when that first happened to me
I thought that was just it
>>
>>14959036
Same surprisingly enough and I thought it was well written enough that it wasn't a bad ending.
Granted it was the first non Phoenix Wright vn I ever read
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.