[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VN question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: animepic_36.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
animepic_36.png
1 MB, 1280x720
In a typical VN, when you're trying to get to the
ero scenes of a particular girl in the game, how
should you generally treat the other girls in the
harem? Should you treat "the girl" with respect
and kindness and disrespect the others? Or,
as Welcome to the NHK put it, treat everyone
with kindness but be extra kind to "the girl"?
I don't wanna go through the whole game and
miss the mark for the girl I want.
>>
In MODERN vns it's pretty much impossible to miss the route of the girl you want
in old VNs it's variable by developer, there's no catch-all
>>
Usually, the question of interacting well or not well with the girl is easily identifiable in choices. What is most difficult is the question of correctly choosing to be in the right place at the right moment in order to meet your target girl.
>>
Playing how you feel during that particular day makes the outcome appear a bit more, real i guess. That's what i do anyway. Cold towards 3D's that day? be cold in game, Feeling nice, be nice. Up to you.
>>
>>14865384
this
>>
>>14861608
Go for harem end!
>>
Games these days tend to just have pictures of all the heroines and you just pick your favorite.

In some older games, choosing your favorite girl but acting nice to all the other girls could actually get you a bad end.
So you had to be mean or aloof to the others.

Depends on the game really.
I hate the older games where random unrelated questions and choices or where you go/do that day decides on what girl you get with. You can't do that shit without a guide or guessing and reloading.
>>
>>14861608
Is that Mashiro?
>>
>>14869982
Nope, it's Haruka from 'Sekai To Sekai No Manaka De'.
>>
File: 19244.jpg (33 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
19244.jpg
33 KB, 250x300
>>14871944
Ahh.

Well at least I recognized Lump of Sugar I guess
>>
>>14869915
>random unrelated questions determine the outcome
It's like you want the player to feel like their choices don't matter. Forcing players to use a guide or bumble around randomly is bad game design sempai.
>>
>>14869915
You must've really hated Kakyuusei and Doukyuusei then.
>>
>>14861608
I go one route and after i finish in her I pick another route.
>>
>>14878336
So every VN except nukige are bad games.
>>
>>14878667
any Elf game really
>>
>>14861608
Why the fuck do artists do this? I mean, turn the image. It would look 5 billion times better angled straight.
>>
>>14886323
Maybe for aesthetic reasons? For instance,
in photography there's the 'rule of thirds'.
Maybe changing the angle like that is
appealing to some people. I'm no
art buff, so I really have no idea. Just a guess.
I honestly didn't notice it until you pointed it out.
>>
>>14886323
fits more onto screen
>>
>>14886918
Exactly. Most nips still use CRTs from the 90s so upping the resolution is not an option.
>>
>>14861608
I just be kind. Just making sure I get route I want. If I happen to disrespect some of the girls, then that's inevitable.
>>
>>14861608
The first time I play, I just do what I want, and live with whatever route I end up on. When I'm hunting down particular girls after that, I do what's necessary. It always hurts when you have to spurn the girl you fell in love with on her route to get the full story of the game. It especially sucks in the Alicesoft eroges where the heroines you don't pick die/get raped.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.